(Topic ID: 309858)

Michigan Pinball clubs

By unclerudy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmuglia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

There is a Detroit Pinball League (DPL) that meets monthly. We rotate houses, bring a snack to pass, and everyone chips in for pizza. It's a tournament style league and many of us have been involved in it for 15+ years. There are some requirements to join, such as owning at least 5 games so you are able to host at your house. PM me if you're interested.

#15 2 years ago

Everyone that is in the DPL is supposed to have enough games to be able to host, and we play on 5 games on league night. It is better to have 6 games so there is a backup game in case one game breaks during league play. Being able to host is a requirement so the same people don't get burdened by having to host all the time.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

All of the things that you are asking for sound perfectly reasonable for having a league to belong to. I was just more looking for something more casual, but doing pretty much the same things. Rotating locations, playing pinball, having socialization, eating and drinking, learning about things and having a night out. You wouldn't have to be there every night. I guess it would be a club, instead of a league. I don't know how many people would be looking for something like that, but don't have enough machines to participate.
    A couple of years ago I was able to go to the VFW hall pinball location in Whitmore Lake for a group homebrew club meeting. Lots of people who don't have pins were able to meet other people, share some beers, and play pinball. It was a really fun evening. I have wanted to recreate that on a smaller scale for quite a while. Nothing serious, but still enjoyable.

We are looking to put something together for the Brighton area. What type of event it will be hasn't been fully defined yet (league, just get together, etc). It would be a monthly thing and we would rotate houses. More to follow in the next few days.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmuglia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michigan-pinball-clubs?tu=mmuglia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.