By EMsInKC

11 months ago

Stats

• 66 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20161210_125122_resized (resized).jpg
    193 (resized).JPG
    191 (resized).JPG
    190 (resized).JPG

There are 66 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 months ago

Just shipped Az to nj 453.00. Never have a problem with NAVL 630-432-2646. I always ship with legs on and head down.

#52 10 months ago

What I don't understand , why is NAVL telling people to have the pin prepared differently ?
    1. Legs off, head down, on belly
    2. Legs on , head down
    3. Legs off, head down , on back vertical
    You would think they would have a standard / preferred way.

#53 10 months ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

What I don't understand , why is NAVL telling people to have the pin prepared differently ?

They have never mentioned a pallet to me, drivers may say something they prefer I guess(whether that's w/NAVL or someone else).

I've worked in a warehouse and have driven and seen others drive fork trucks...it's not "white glove" by any stretch of the imagination.

Hopefully it'll get worked out, it might take a while. A friend had the truck actually crash and destroy everything, including his game, it took months to get any cash out of insurance.

#54 10 months ago

Not good, getting money back from insurance...good luck. Remember, the point of insurance is not to pay claims.
    They trashed my Flintstones last year. In no way were they going to buy me a new or different pin. Made a claim and detailed damage and parts, broken ramps, glass ,side rails, plastics. The total wasn't that much in broken parts. It was the 30 hours of work it created you never get paid for.
    Took a month, they refunded full shipment payment, that was all.
    Trust me, it wasn't worth the free shipping.
    Always legs off, coin door towards sky, strapped to pallet like wedge head on previous page.

#55 10 months ago

I've had about 35 pins shipped through Michelle, all with legs on. Never had an issue. Little prep goes a long way. Understand hesitation as most guys that show up from navl don't have a clue on the value of these things! Let let alone how to wrap them correctly.

My favorite most recent comment when guys showed up to deliver a pin.. "Wow ghostbusters, I liked that movie. Melissa McCarthy was funny in that." My response....Oh no, this pinball machine is based on the original good film from the 80's. "Yeah, I remember playing this pinball machine as a kid, it's in really good shape for being an old machine."

Just place a moving blanket between backglass & playfield. Lower the head, tape keys to glass, wrap cabinet & head like a cocoon, tape cardboard over legs. Done.

#56 10 months ago

Never had an issue sending a pin of the dozen that have shipped. Legs off, blanket in-between the head and body and strapped. They do the full blanket and shrink wrap.
    However, I did have my first video game arrive damaged. They totally destroyed the cabinet on the sides of the control panel.

#57 10 months ago

To me, it seems like you want to ship the machine with the head in the vertical position. Face down, on the cabinet, allows the light sockets and what ever else to bounce up and down on the backglass.

#58 10 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

To me, it seems like you want to ship the machine with the head in the vertical position. Face down, on the cabinet, allows the light sockets and what ever else to bounce up and down on the backglass.

Sterns, with one florescent tube in the backbox (or two LED strips in Spike machines) that isn't an issue.

#59 10 months ago

Except on legs they bonce off side rails the whole trip, or get strapped down to tight against side rails and they get bent. Had 3 show up now with bent side rails, regardless of instructions to seller or shipper.
    Just a big risk always shipping.

1 month later
    #60 8 months ago

Interested in NAVL for shipping across country. Does NAVL pack a machine for shipping? Seller obviously has no idea how to properly pack the machine, (an EM). So the head will have to be removed and wrapped and packed as well. On pallet on belly vs with legs on? With legs on, how are they moving it?

#61 8 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Interested in NAVL for shipping across country. Does NAVL pack a machine for shipping? Seller obviously has no idea how to properly pack the machine, (an EM). So the head will have to be removed and wrapped and packed as well. On pallet on belly vs with legs on? With legs on, how are they moving it?

I've sent or received maybe 10 games. All with legs ON. The move it with 2 guys carrying it. If it's on a pallet, they fork truck it several times in transit which I think is BAD. They generally blanket wrap it. When I send games I shrink and blanket myself but NAVL does a basic job but it depends quite a bit on the "local" crew I think.

#62 8 months ago

Legs on, light box removed?

#63 8 months ago

We had to get a quote from Michelle earlier this week, she called us back while on vacation in Mexico! Now that's service!

#64 8 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Legs on, light box removed?

For an EM removed...or folded down for others

#65 8 months ago

I guess it's now Beltmann not NAVL. Spoke to "Judy" as Michelle is unavailable. $500 cross country.

3 weeks later
    #66 7 months ago

I got my claim check yesterday from STI. The claim process was a little tedious as far as documentation and itemizing the things that were damaged. However, they finished the process just a few days after the 30 days they were shooting for. They paid for the full itemized list I had made. I had lots of pictures and had listed most of the issues on the original shipping document.

I'm not exactly itching to ship a used game any time soon, but I would entertain the idea down the line.

#67 7 months ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I got my claim check yesterday from STI. The claim process was a little tedious as far as documentation and itemizing the things that were damaged. However, they finished the process just a few days after the 30 days they were shooting for. They paid for the full itemized list I had made. I had lots of pictures and had listed most of the issues on the original shipping document.
    I'm not exactly itching to ship a used game any time soon, but I would entertain the idea down the line.

Glad you got some compensation.
    They do not like to pay.
    Same boat as you. Better be a title im dying for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    € 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 989.00
    £ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 99.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    $ 60.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    There are 66 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 236 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside