Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DamagedLeg (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

wowza...

4 weeks later
    #43 7 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

Northern California to southeastern Florida...$540. It is what it is.

that's insane !

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Driving a 350lb game literally across the entire Continental United States for about $500 is insane? Think that's insane is insane.

would hope they aren't driving 1 machine, but instead lots of items from each networked distribution point, and at each final start/end points.

wonder if that included insurance?

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Knoler:

For older machines, is the expectation that the seller will remove the head? I'm not sure the seller is confortable doing that, and I'm not sure how to proceed.

yes. put cardboard (1 or 2 sheets) down on playfield that extend over the rails & fold over the sides some. place backbox on there. put bolts/washers/balls in a ziplock back & put inside lower cabinet. put power cord down in the back (where backbox was). Tell the shipping pickup guys that the backbox is loose & just sitting on the playfield. Have them put straps &/or shipping blacket & lots of wrap around the backbox & lower cabinet to hold it firm in place. They have all those supplies with them. Ask your seller to take pix of the pin before removing backbox, after putting in down & after they wrap it up. Then have him send you the pix as proof of what's coming & how it's arriving. If seller has the backbox & coindoor keys, ask him to lock it all up & tape them to the playfield.

Quoted from Knoler:

Judy said they leave the legs on and strap it to the trailer, and they don't use pallets. Is this standard? Am I better off just making sure I deal with Michelle?

Yes. that's standard. ship with legs on.
    Judy = Michelle. Same everything.

Quoted from Knoler:

Has anyone had their machines picked up for shipping? Is the process relatively painless? The seller is concerned about having a machine shipped, and I want to be able to assure them it's no big deal...
    Thanks!

Yes. Yes very painless. Have shipped dozens. Note, accidents can/do happen. So, it's not perfect, but there's really no other option for great distances. You have the option of buying insurance as well.

hope that helps

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Which other companies have you used? I didn't find anyone else with reasonable pricing. I'm only 1 for 2 on machines arriving in good condition.
    You should see what happened to the leg of one of them, twisted 90 degrees in the middle. It's an old thicker-steel Williams-style leg: that's a lot of torque on the machine for that to happen, I can't imagine what it was. Especially shipped on its legs, they're only handled by hand.

sorry... sometimes i don't know my own strength

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michelle-bianchi-update-aug-8-2016?tu=labnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.