Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DamagedLeg (resized).jpg

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago

Try:

Direct 630-352-3312

Quoted from Xerico:You can still reach us at our local numbers

Quoted from Knoler:

Anyone know if the numbers in the OP are up to date?
    Called the 800 number, and tried to connect to Michelle by name, and the system did not recognize her name. Called the cell number, got no answer, and the recording said the voicemailbox was full.
    Anyone have a reliable option for shipping? I would need the shipper to be able to break down the machine for shipment, and wrap carefully for delivery to me.
    Thanks!

#52 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-email-from-forum-logistics-re-michelle-bianchi#post-3290244

Quoted from MBianchi:

I DID SEND OUT A MASS EMAIL YESTERDAY AND IN A BIG ERROR PUT MY HUSBANDS CELL PHONE. SO THE CORRECT CELL FOR ME IS 630-344-3093, THE CORRECT EMAIL IS [email protected]. THANKS AGAIN

#53 7 years ago

Calling Michelle's line I got a hold of Judy, and she gave me a pretty reasonable quote. I might follow up on Michelle's cell tomorrow...

I have a couple questions for those that have done this before.

For older machines, is the expectation that the seller will remove the head? I'm not sure the seller is confortable doing that, and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Judy said they leave the legs on and strap it to the trailer, and they don't use pallets. Is this standard? Am I better off just making sure I deal with Michelle?

Has anyone had their machines picked up for shipping? Is the process relatively painless? The seller is concerned about having a machine shipped, and I want to be able to assure them it's no big deal...

Thanks!

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Knoler:

Calling Michelle's line I got a hold of Judy, and she gave me a pretty reasonable quote. I might follow up on Michelle's cell tomorrow...
    I have a couple questions for those that have done this before.
    For older machines, is the expectation that the seller will remove the head? I'm not sure the seller is confortable doing that, and I'm not sure how to proceed.
    Judy said they leave the legs on and strap it to the trailer, and they don't use pallets. Is this standard? Am I better off just making sure I deal with Michelle?
    Has anyone had their machines picked up for shipping? Is the process relatively painless? The seller is concerned about having a machine shipped, and I want to be able to assure them it's no big deal...
    Thanks!

I'm interested in having a machine shipped in the next few weeks and definitely looking for someone that will do it right. Only going from CA to OR, but price is less of a concern than proper shipping procedures.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Knoler:

yes. put cardboard (1 or 2 sheets) down on playfield that extend over the rails & fold over the sides some. place backbox on there. put bolts/washers/balls in a ziplock back & put inside lower cabinet. put power cord down in the back (where backbox was). Tell the shipping pickup guys that the backbox is loose & just sitting on the playfield. Have them put straps &/or shipping blacket & lots of wrap around the backbox & lower cabinet to hold it firm in place. They have all those supplies with them. Ask your seller to take pix of the pin before removing backbox, after putting in down & after they wrap it up. Then have him send you the pix as proof of what's coming & how it's arriving. If seller has the backbox & coindoor keys, ask him to lock it all up & tape them to the playfield.

Quoted from Knoler:

Yes. that's standard. ship with legs on.
    Judy = Michelle. Same everything.

Quoted from Knoler:

Thanks!

Yes. Yes very painless. Have shipped dozens. Note, accidents can/do happen. So, it's not perfect, but there's really no other option for great distances. You have the option of buying insurance as well.

hope that helps

#56 7 years ago

I've always had bad experiences with Michelle.

I always went with a different shipping company as a result.

To each his own, I guess.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I've always had bad experiences with Michelle.
    I always went with a different shipping company as a result.
    To each his own, I guess.

Which other companies have you used? I didn't find anyone else with reasonable pricing. I'm only 1 for 2 on machines arriving in good condition.

You should see what happened to the leg of one of them, twisted 90 degrees in the middle. It's an old thicker-steel Williams-style leg: that's a lot of torque on the machine for that to happen, I can't imagine what it was. Especially shipped on its legs, they're only handled by hand.

#58 7 years ago

Dealing with Judy is 100% fine. They work together and provide the same level of service. Talk / deal with either.

Quoted from Knoler:

Calling Michelle's line I got a hold of Judy

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Which other companies have you used? I didn't find anyone else with reasonable pricing. I'm only 1 for 2 on machines arriving in good condition.
    You should see what happened to the leg of one of them, twisted 90 degrees in the middle. It's an old thicker-steel Williams-style leg: that's a lot of torque on the machine for that to happen, I can't imagine what it was. Especially shipped on its legs, they're only handled by hand.

sorry... sometimes i don't know my own strength

#60 7 years ago

I used Michelle for a shipment about a week after this was posted. Easy transaction done quickly by email as I have used her services many times in the past. Just also has helped me in the past. They work together.

#61 7 years ago

I've shipped three pins with Michelle and it's always been smooth.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

sorry... sometimes i don't know my own strength

I'd like to see you demonstrate in person how you did this! I guess it was 45-degrees... but still!

Maybe we need a new "How did this happen in shipping?" thread...

DamagedLeg (resized).jpgDamagedLeg (resized).jpg

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'd like to see you demonstrate in person how you did this! I guess it was 45-degrees... but still!
    Maybe we need a new "How did this happen in shipping?" thread...

Easy to do, they did not pick it up, they slid it into some kind of crevis on the floor. I had 2 machines shipped where they ripped a leg off each by sliding the machine instead of picking it up.

#64 7 years ago

Yes, that's kind of what I figured too, but it surprised me that the leg was the first to give before the cabinet, and this was an older machine, and legs are also thickest I have seen.

It makes me wonder if shipping legs-on is really the way to go. Who does it legs-off? How has your experience been?

#65 7 years ago

White glove service!

#66 7 years ago

There are tons of people who will give you both good and bad either way. I prefer legs on, from my experience, and what I've been reading for years, there seems to be less issues with it.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

It makes me wonder if shipping legs-on is really the way to go. Who does it legs-off? How has your experience been?

#68 7 years ago

Not sure why you decided to post this in this thread, this guy didn't appear to use Michelle or the company she is an agent for.

Quoted from Razorbak86:

Speaking of "white glove service"...

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Not sure why you decided to post this in this thread, this guy didn't appear to use Michelle or the company she is an agent for.

Relax, I never suggested it was one of Michelle's jobs. It was just a laughably absurd example in response to pinbum's post ("White glove service!"). Hence the emoticons.

#70 7 years ago

It's not like Michelle has her own nation wide exclusive crew. It's all just subcontracted. Many different logistics companies will use the same transport companies. The story is relevant, typical of the type of bozos you'll run into, regardless of the logistics company you use to set up the shipment.

On my latest shipment, no leg protectors were put on. It seems pretty random how the machine is packed at the source. It's always best if the seller takes part and advises and adds to the packaging process.

#71 7 years ago

True, but when things go wrong, Michelle works hard to get people taken care of. Maybe it's not as fast as people would like, but the agent you pick is extremely important, regardless of the fact that all kinds of agents can book the same services.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

It's not like Michelle has her own nation wide exclusive crew. It's all just subcontracted. Many different logistics companies will use the same transport companies. The story is relevant, typical of the type of bozos you'll run into, regardless of the logistics company you use to set up the shipment.

1 year later
    #72 6 years ago

Is this contact information for Michelle still current?

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Is this contact information for Michelle still current?

Pick up your phone and find out.

#74 6 years ago

If you're shipping within CA, I would highly recommend Chris Fox, Sly Fox shipping. I've used him. He's reasonable and does a great job wrapping pins he moves. He says he runs most weekends all year long. 209-403-8871.

#75 6 years ago

A buyer had Chris Fox pick up from me. I'll second the attention to detail Chris has around making sure your new baby arrives safe and sound.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Pick up your phone and find out.

The last time there was a change in contact info, folks were saying Michelle's old company was still answering as her after she left.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The last time there was a change in contact info, folks were saying Michelle's old company was still answering as her after she left.

Wow...classy!

#78 6 years ago

This is current as of October 2017

Michelle Bianchi

Beltmann Integrated Logistics

Addison IL 60101

630-352-3312

Toll Free 877-432-2646

Toll Free 800-959-8880

Cell 630-344-3093

Fax 866-651-5919

[email protected]

#79 6 years ago

I just shipped through sti last week and it got here. Funny as I called many times and never got her on the phone. Emails didn't get answered either. I wonder @forceflow....

#80 6 years ago

Shipped probably 50 games with STI/Beltmann.

47 had no trouble.

3 did.

Forget about getting a claim paid. Worse than UPS in that regard.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buju:

I just shipped through sti last week and it got here. Funny as I called many times and never got her on the phone. Emails didn't get answered either.

You tried contacting her via her personal cell phone and email listed above, and she didn't get back to you? That doesn't seem very professional.

#82 6 years ago

I contacted her via email a few weeks ago to arrange a shipment. I could not have been happier with her and the STI service. Very positive experience. If you want to speed up the process (and maybe even reduce the cost), I recommend just shipping to their Bolingbrook warehouse (just off of Weber Road where it crosses 55). Again, highly recommended.

#83 6 years ago

Used her/them last week. Great job.

#84 6 years ago

Try Judy Metallo (630) 352-3313 at STI. She's great!

#85 6 years ago

I spoke to Michelle last week. Having a machine shipped from Washington state to Florida. 3K+ miles for $520. She has arranged shipping for about 10 machines without any incidents.

1 week later
    #86 6 years ago

)The shipper I have used through Michelle was out of Green Bay, Wi. They now us e a (different one Laras company out of Waukeshaw, Wi.( Very difficult at first for a friend of mine to get a hold of. They called me giving me only a half day 3/4 day notice and had to reschedule.

#87 6 years ago

Been having issue with Michelle's company as of late. Is there another reliable shipping company out there?

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Been having issue with Michelle's company as of late. Is there another reliable shipping company out there?

May I ask what your problems were?

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

I HIGHLY recommend Chris Fox for CA, NV, and AZ shipments. He runs most weekends and takes great care with the pins and arcade games he moves, wrapping them really well. Cheaper than Beltman/NAVL, too.

Sly Fox Shipping 209-403-8871

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I HIGHLY recommend Chris Fox for CA, NV, and AZ shipments. He runs most weekends and takes great care with the pins and arcade games he moves, wrapping them really well. Cheaper than Beltman/NAVL, too.
    Sly Fox Shipping 209-403-8871

Chris is actually delivering a pin for me right now... will post my experience once it's delivered.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

)The shipper I have used through Michelle was out of Green Bay, Wi. They now us e a (different one Laras company out of Waukeshaw, Wi.( Very difficult at first for a friend of mine to get a hold of. They called me giving me only a half day 3/4 day notice and had to reschedule.

This is the common theme now. Reschedule over and over

#92 6 years ago

Try,Judy Metallo,630-352-3313 Shipping consultant for S.T.I. now!!!

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

May I ask what your problems were?

I'm not in favor of bashing someone's business publicly and perhaps I shouldn't have spoken if I wasn't willing to. It's good to know what other options we have. If you'd like to PM me I'd be happy to discuss further.

#94 6 years ago

We contacted Michelle several months ago & decided to use Beltmann to ship a project Golden Tee cocktail cabinet from Florida. We live in Pennsylvania & the total cost was $360 w/ insurance. I heard of Michelle's great reputation among many Pinsider's w/ previous feedback in past forum topics. The GT cabinet was shipped within two weeks & arrived unscathed. This cocktail cabinet is solid oak & the delivery men even picked it up 9 or 10 steps & placed it in our arcade room. Of coarse, I tipped those guys $10 a piece, as their service was outstanding. I would highly recommend Beltmann/Michelle & will use their service again in the near future.

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Chris is actually delivering a pin for me right now... will post my experience once it's delivered.

Please do. I have nothing but good things to say about his service. Will be interested to see if your experience matches up. CA pinball fans are lucky to have the option he provides.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Please do. I have nothing but good things to say about his service. Will be interested to see if your experience matches up. CA pinball fans are lucky to have the option he provides.

Chris just dropped my JP off and I'm very happy with his service. He'd even stayed to help me set it up. Seems like a genuinely good guy and handles very delicately. It's a no brainier choice if shipping within CA, plus his rate is considerable lower than STI... just know he doesn't offer insurance.

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

just know he doesn't offer insurance.

Ask around about Randy Buffalo of Buffalo Shipping for a horror story of no insurance.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Ask around about Randy Buffalo of Buffalo Shipping for a horror story of no insurance.

Why go to that trouble? If you know the story, just drop the cliffs notes version!

#99 6 years ago

Just an update, call Judy and Michelle to see about a reschedule and no reply. Laras logistics did call later and made a pick up day and time. Still only half day notice (i asked for a 2 day notice) , but anyhow had a 4 hour window and they arrived in the first hour. All good now and buyer happy as can be .

What other shippers have people used say in the Illinois region.?

3 months later
    #100 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

This is current as of October 2017
    Michelle Bianchi
    Beltmann Integrated Logistics
    Addison IL 60101
    630-352-3312
    Toll Free 877-432-2646
    Toll Free 800-959-8880
    Cell 630-344-3093
    Fax 866-651-5919
    [email protected]

I Hope All of this info is Still correct , Just copied and pasted it to a Friend in SF ,CA .. Thanxx 4 the infO !!

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michelle-bianchi-update-aug-8-2016/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.