New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 166123)

Michelle Bianchi Update Aug 8 2016

By Xerico

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 91 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DamagedLeg (resized).jpg

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Michelle Bianchi sent the following email to those on her email list. She gave me permission to pass along the information.

Here is her email

"Hi everyone I hope this message finds you all well !
    I just wanted to update everyone that both myself and Judy have gone back to Beltmann. You can still reach us at our local numbers or 800-959-8880, my cell is 630-344-3093, my email address is michelle.bianchi@beltmann.com. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
    Thanks so much!!
    Michelle Bianchi"

So if you are interested in contacting Michelle about a shipment in the future, please note the new email.

Marcus

#2 4 years ago

Thank you sir, I will need this info for the future!

#3 4 years ago

Bump to save the info

#4 4 years ago

wowza...

#5 4 years ago

Thanks for the update. She makes shipping a pin sooooo easy. One call, that's all.

#6 4 years ago

She's been around for awhile!

#8 4 years ago

Great info. She is the best.

#9 4 years ago

Do Beltmann do the same 'white glove service' that STI offer?

#10 4 years ago

hopefully the prices drop. $450 minimum even if same state is ridiculous.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Do Beltmann do the same 'white glove service' that STI offer?

I've never witnessed the so called "white glove" service they offer.
    that term means, wearing stylish like white gloves, and very very carefully packing, loading and transporting an item.
    it also means they will pickup item even if in a house, and off load the same.

#12 4 years ago

Thanks for the info. Just updated her contact info.

#13 4 years ago

Anyone get a quote from this recently to get an idea of prices?

#14 4 years ago

The service is the same. Beltman is just another agent for STI.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

About a month ago I shipped a ball bowler from atlanta to mn. $550. Arrived on 2 palets, wrapped in shipping blankets and shrink wrap.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Just had 2 pins shipped in with Michelle/STI from Northern CA for around $460 total.

#17 4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up!

#18 4 years ago

Michelle's Cell Phone has been updated at her request.

Marcus

#19 4 years ago

Oh I didn't know it was still contracted through STI/NAVL, thought it was something completely separate. Now I got it.

#20 4 years ago

I just got a quote last week of $400.79 shipped from PA

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

I've never witnessed the so called "white glove" service they offer.
    that term means, wearing stylish like white gloves, and very very carefully packing, loading and transporting an item.
    it also means they will pickup item even if in a house, and off load the same.

While I didn't see white gloves, I did have a pin shipped from Maine to Seattle area for around $500 a few weeks ago, and they wrapped it very nicely in moving blankets and plastic shrink wrap stuff and carried it out of the sellers house and carried it into my pinball room in my house. Coordinated through Michelle, delivered by STI.

#22 4 years ago

way to much. use a freight company and get an account and ship way way less. safer as well. packed and palleted.
    i can ship a game up to 3 states away for $130 and it arrives within 2 days.

#23 4 years ago

.............................................................................................................................
    With who ?
    Door to door ?

#24 4 years ago

LOL. Use freight if you want pennies on the pound when a mishap happens.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

opposite from my experience. I have shipped tons of pins at this point. 1 time I had a game dinged in LTL frieght and they were more than happy to take care of me. I was smart enough to make the shipped document and had photos before I woudl sign for pickup. I also paid the $30 extra to have the game insured.

#26 4 years ago

When you have some actual damage, be sure and report back on the carrier, how it was insured, how long it took to get your money etc. We could use that type of information.

I just had a game shipped from CA to CO. NAVL wanted $360, Fedex Freight wanted $300 and bitched about rolling it into my garage. It went freight because that's all the seller would do and he personally guaranteed it. I'd rather pay a few bucks more to not have to worry about insurance or have to deal with the BS.

Sometimes the rates are close.

Quoted from Whysnow:

opposite from my experience. I have shipped tons of pins at this point. 1 time I had a game dinged in LTL frieght and they were more than happy to take care of me. I was smart enough to make the shipped document and had photos before I woudl sign for pickup. I also paid the $30 extra to have the game insured.

#27 4 years ago

I need to get a solid state pin shipped from Oregon to New York State. Who do you guys recommend I use?

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I need to get a solid state pin shipped from Oregon to New York State. Who do you guys recommend I use?

In the Michelle Bianchi thread ...... ?
    Who you gonna call ???

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

When you have some actual damage, be sure and report back on the carrier, how it was insured, how long it took to get your money etc. We could use that type of information.
    I just had a game shipped from CA to CO. NAVL wanted $360, Fedex Freight wanted $300 and bitched about rolling it into my garage. It went freight because that's all the seller would do and he personally guaranteed it. I'd rather pay a few bucks more to not have to worry about insurance or have to deal with the BS.
    Sometimes the rates are close.

I have used both UPS and Fedex freight and they are my preferred. I do terminal to terminal in these cases and from midwest to front range or midwest to east coast the cost has been ~275 with all fees and insurance. Granted you have to go to the terminal but that is not a big deal.

My local fedex had always been very helpful with assisting to palletize and band a game.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

In the Michelle Bianchi thread ...... ?
    Who you gonna call ???

Jake from State Farm........

#31 4 years ago

$75 more for door to door as apposed to terminal to terminal... Life is too short...

Quoted from Whysnow:

I do terminal to terminal in these cases and from midwest to front range or midwest to east coast the cost has been ~275 with all fees and insurance. Granted you have to go to the terminal but that is not a big deal.

#32 4 years ago

in my case the terminal is 7 min from home so no big deal.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

pends who you ship with. ive never had troubles. if you wrap em correct you wont need claims.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I have used both UPS and Fedex freight and they are my preferred. I do terminal to terminal in these cases and from midwest to front range or midwest to east coast the cost has been ~275 with all fees and insurance. Granted you have to go to the terminal but that is not a big deal.
    My local fedex had always been very helpful with assisting to palletize and band a game.

its actually a better idea and SAFER dropping them at a terminal and also picking them up at the terminals. you can do it on your own time not having to wait around for a shipper to show up at your home or business. you also can inspect it at the dock and even unwrap it at the dock so if any shipping damage occurred, you are right there with proof in front of them.. you can also grab free pallets and make sure your item is placed carefully on the docks as well or carefully put in your vehicle. or load it yourself..
    when you have them pick up or deliver, that's just 2 extra semi truck travels that an error can happen.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

$75 more for door to door as apposed to terminal to terminal... Life is too short...

or wait all day long for a shipper to ship up or not show at all, thats a bigger waste of time.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

pends who you ship with. ive never had troubles. if you wrap em correct you wont need claims.

Not true, wrapping correctly is one thing, but it does not protect when the movers drag machines and a leg falls into a crack and they keep dragging it and rip your legs off. Believe me i have had 2 machines that movers dragged instead of lifting and this happened.

#37 4 years ago

Before anybody asks what company did this i will give you a hint { White glove service} .

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from JKnPA:

.............................................................................................................................
    With who ?
    Door to door ?

Dock door to dock door.
    Forward Air, Yellow/Roadway, FedEx Freight.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Not true, wrapping correctly is one thing, but it does not protect when the movers drag machines and a leg falls into a crack and they keep dragging it and rip your legs off. Believe me i have had 2 machines that movers dragged instead of lifting and this happened.

my point exactly. by wrapping properly i mean breaking down and PALLETING.
    not leaving legs on and having amateurs move it who don't even have a pinball dolly to load it.

legs off, game folded up. wrapped in heavy duty shrink wrap.
    then, heavy duty cardboard, blankets and whatever else you want.
    then, shrinkwrap again, a ton of it on the outside.

strap pin to pallet vertical (so they wont try to stack it ). if you ship a pin lying down on a pallet, they will stack it. dont do it!

use a pallet that is large enough to have plenty of room around the machine.

you need to use a ton of shrink wrap and cardboard. heavy duty cardboard.
    the machine should look like a cocoon.

here is a video we made in case anyone needs help.

#40 4 years ago

here is the pre video how to break one down initially.

3 weeks later
    #41 4 years ago

Good thread! Just got a quote from VA to TX for about $350. Seemed reasonable given what others have posted. I'll update impressions once it gets here.

#42 4 years ago

Northern California to southeastern Florida...$540. It is what it is.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

Northern California to southeastern Florida...$540. It is what it is.

that's insane !

#44 4 years ago

Driving a 350lb game literally across the entire Continental United States for about $500 is insane? Think that's insane is insane.

Quoted from labnip:

that's insane !

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Driving a 350lb game literally across the entire Continental United States for about $500 is insane? Think that's insane is insane.

would hope they aren't driving 1 machine, but instead lots of items from each networked distribution point, and at each final start/end points.

wonder if that included insurance?

#46 4 years ago

Atlanta -> Seattle, $486 + $35 insurance

Just arranged one...

If you think that's insane, try getting some quotes from other places... or I can just tell you, don't waste your time...

Funny thing, trying to get some other quotes, I found those old numbers still directed me to her new company...

#47 4 years ago

As the poster above stated, insurance is usually extremely cheap. Less than $50 cheap.

Quoted from labnip:

would hope they aren't driving 1 machine, but instead lots of items from each networked distribution point, and at each final start/end points.
    wonder if that included insurance?

#48 4 years ago

I bought a pin from silver_spinner and he wrapped and packed it just as described above. The pin arrived safe and sound and I chose to pick it at my local terminal. It was nice to use my own schedule - no missed time from work and no waiting around for a truck. I was able to fully inspect the game without a driver huffing and shuffling his feet. When I was ready to go I just left the straps and pallet at the terminal. It was all good.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

I just got a quote last week of $400.79 shipped from PA

Just to post a follow up in case anyone cares... I ended up picking it up from the terminal instead of waiting. I live off the beaten path so everything involves me traveling or waiting. I would have preferred less money like all would but its hard to complain since it would have taken me 24 hours or more of driving + expenses and possibly time off of work to pick it up myself. I'm happy with my purchase and shipping was good, no damage.

#50 4 years ago

Anyone know if the numbers in the OP are up to date?

Called the 800 number, and tried to connect to Michelle by name, and the system did not recognize her name. Called the cell number, got no answer, and the recording said the voicemailbox was full.

Anyone have a reliable option for shipping? I would need the shipper to be able to break down the machine for shipment, and wrap carefully for delivery to me.

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 11.95
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 18.95
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 109.99
    $ 39.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 14.95
    $ 16.50
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 259.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside