Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201209_213440_resized (resized).jpg
    packing (resized).jpg
    0D571022-8277-416A-837A-60B5DEF109C5 (resized).jpeg
    810B9E2E-40E5-4DAA-B24F-795EAB302BF1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4923 (resized).jpeg
    20211007_080549 (resized).jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Lots of confusion over this, but as far as I know, she's not affiliated with NAVL, only STI.

In any case, does anyone have a good, current phone number/email address for her? '

Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

630-352-3312

[moderator comment: note that the current contact info is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michelle-bianchi-update-aug-8-2016 ]

#3 10 years ago

That is the correct number. She is awesome! I wouldn't use any other agent.

#4 10 years ago

I have to agree. She set up a shipment from North Carolina to California for me. Great price, pretty darn fast delivery and the game showed up in perfect condition!

#5 10 years ago

She is the best ive been collecting pins and vids since '99 and I would not ship with anybody else

Joe(acejedi)

#6 10 years ago

I always use her email: [email protected]

But the rest of the contact info is:
    Michelle Bianchi
    Precision Transportation Inc
    Toll Free 877-432-2646
    Direct 630-352-3312
    Fax 866-651-5919

I ship around a dozen games in and out each year, and always have had a great experience. But it's the local crew that makes the difference. (I'll repeat that since not everyone has had good experiences - it's the local crew that makes the difference.)

#7 10 years ago

STI locally here in DFW is "meh" to average. Michelle is specialized and quotes the best price. I used a different agent and got hosed a few months ago. Michelle not only educated me but felt sorry that I got taken advantage of by another authorized STI agent. I shipped two machines (typical EMs 150-170 lbs) from Pennsylvania to Texas. The bill was 924 dollars (ouch). I just shipped an EM (150-170 lbs) pin from Southern California to Dallas (roughly the same distance to Pennsylvania) and Michelle quoted me 366 dollars. Michelle was soooo much easier to deal with. She is extremely polite and full of customer service. I have definitely learned my lesson on shipping pinball machines.

#8 10 years ago

for those who are new to shipping. rates differ pending your location and where you are moving machines to or from.
    also pends how many machines you ship at a time.
    sometimes using an account with an actual freight shipper (game broken down wrapped and strapped to a pallet) is way cheaper than using STI (or navl as many still refer to)....esp for single game moves.

it's also faster using a freight shipper.

other times when i have had 4 to 6 games (not just pinball) but redemption, etc combined...it was cheaper with STI.
    Distance is a factor, but actual locations also matter. some cities more expensive than others to move freight in or out.

#9 10 years ago

She is the BEST. I won't deal with anyone else.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I always use her email: [email protected]
    But the rest of the contact info is:
    Michelle Bianchi
    Precision Transportation Inc
    Toll Free 877-432-2646
    Direct 630-352-3312
    Fax 866-651-5919
    I ship around a dozen games in and out each year, and always have had a great experience. But it's the local crew that makes the difference. (I'll repeat that since not everyone has had good experiences - it's the local crew that makes the difference.)

+1

#11 10 years ago

I have always used them/her for shipping 10+ games but had my first issue ever with a game getting damaged and idiotic neglect, now is where I'll see how the customer service really is, when there is problems.

#12 10 years ago

I just took delivery of a machine sent by Michelle and STI from Florida to New York. The shipment arrived as promised and in less time than originally estimated by Michelle. All in all it was a very positive experience.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I have always used them/her for shipping 10+ games but had my first issue ever with a game getting damaged and idiotic neglect, now is where I'll see how the customer service really is, when there is problems.

Same here. I have shipped many games in both directions without issue until my last time a month ago where a game was damaged. I am nervously awaiting how they treat my claim.

1 week later
    #14 10 years ago

Hey guys,

I am having a pin shipped from AZ to OH. I contacted Michelle through email. Our conversations were super quick, very effective and efficient. We went from "Hi" to "Quote accepted - let's do this!" in probably 3 hours flat. The last thing she told me was: "I will register the shipment and the local agent will call to schedule the pick up and delivery." and how to pay for delivery once the machine arrives. After that, I sent her en email with both mine and the seller's info including address and phone number. Since then, I didn't hear anything the rest of the day.

My question for those of you who have done business through her: is that her way of basically saying "All right, we're good to go!" I guess I expected an email back confirming she had the info, that she and I are good to go, and that the next correspondence I would have would be from the local agent.

Just want to make sure this is typically how it goes. Kinda new to working with someone specifically and nearly exclusively over email. Typically, I called NAVL up and just setup a deal with someone and got some kind of verbal confirmation.

Am I good, fellas?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

My question for those of you who have done business through her: is that her way of basically saying "All right, we're good to go!"

Yes

#16 10 years ago

Thank you very much! Just wanted some kind of reassurance for those of you more well-versed in working with her.

#17 10 years ago

Usually the sequence goes like this:

me: "How much to ship from zip code xxxxx to zip code yyyyy?"

STI: "$360.40" (or whatever it happens to be)

me: "Great, I'd like to proceed then. Pick up info is: blah, delivery info is: blah. COD."

STI: "I have it set on reference number CL12345."

And that's it until I hear from the local agent to schedule delivery. I usually stay in contact with the seller, to confirm the game has been picked up. The local agent on their end contacts the seller directly to schedule pick up."

But you should get a reference/work number or such from Michelle, so yeah, one more email.

#18 10 years ago

One from NYC to OH, one from MI to OH. No problemo.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Thank you very much! Just wanted some kind of reassurance for those of you more well-versed in working with her.

You should get a ' Tracking Number' and a 'Delivery date' ( appoximate).
    You can then trace the shipment from their website.
    * The tracking is somewhat general, but it is better than nothing...... IMO.

#20 10 years ago

That was my experience as well. Paid COD. I asked her to send me an email confirming the price, including the insurance which I added to the basic price. She sent me the reference number so that I was able to track the journey from Florida to NY on STIDelivers. It was fun watching the movement north!

#21 10 years ago

I have bought plenty of pins and used NAVL/STI. I am shipping my first one to a fellow pinsider this week. I have secured the balls, etc. and folded the head. Should I do anything other than that prior to them getting here? Just looking for some recommendations.

#22 10 years ago

I have never shipped a machine but had one sent to me. My seller did what you mentioned and had it shipped without removing the legs so that it was not picked up with a fork lift. He also removed and secured the tilt bob by removing it. STI wrapped the corners with cardboard, blankets and shrink wrap. They did a very good job protecting the machine.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Should I do anything other than that prior to them getting here? Just looking for some recommendations.

If you are shipping with the legs on be sure to lower the back ones all the way. Securing the backbox door is also wise. No need to put the backglass in danger.

#24 10 years ago

Michelle rocks, I have nothing but good things to say about her, based on over a half dozen experiences. She replies very quickly to emails, too. About to ship a Rocky through her (via STI).

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Usually the sequence goes like this...
    But you should get a reference/work number or such from Michelle, so yeah, one more email.

You were dead-on correct. Received the email with the tracking number today!

^^^ And since I posted that she has already sent me ANOTHER email. Man, she is quick with emails!

#26 10 years ago

What are you getting? Bringing back your beloved X-files?

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

What are you getting? Bringing back your beloved X-files?

I will never own that pin again.

I bought rexman10's Terminator 3 . Pictures are in the thread below. And I'm already buying Stern button protectors at Cointakers, so don't worry .

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-terminator-3-5

2 years later
    #28 7 years ago

Well, I'd like to at least come on with a contrary opinion. I have had like 5 pins delivered by Michelle and crew and it has always gone fairly well. Now they are refusing to pick one up based on the fact that it's in Alabama and they think the roads there are often "narrow and windy". Michelle is now Getting frustrated and tells me there's a fee if they try and fail or they will charge $500(!!!) for a separate truck pickup. I paid in full on an auction and I might lose the pin and my money! Does anyone have any other options?

#29 7 years ago

If the seller lives in a rural area not easily accessed by an 18-wheeler, you might see if they can get the game to the nearest Wal-Mart or such where they can meet the driver. Maybe offer them $50 extra for the assist.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Well, I'd like to at least come on with a contrary opinion. I have had like 5 pins delivered by Michelle and crew and it has always gone fairly well. Now they are refusing to pick one up based on the fact that it's in Alabama and they think the roads there are often "narrow and windy". Michelle is now being quite rude and threatened me with a fee if they try and fail or they will charge $500(!!!) for a separate truck pickup. I paid in full on an auction and I might lose the pin and my money! Does anyone have any other options?

Try uship

#31 7 years ago

Yes. I'm trying just that. I might also see if any local insiders exist who could help a brother out...

#32 7 years ago

Agree with the comment above on meeting at a business with a loading dock. (Like Walmart). I've had drivers offer that to me before.

Another option is to skip the home delivery. Go with a truck line like Estes, Southeastern Freight, Roadway, Yellow Trucking, etc. Whatever trucking lines is near you.

Choose pickup at the terminal. It'll probably save you money. They will gladly help load it into your SUV or pickup.
    Many of the trucking lines will deliver to your home from their terminal if it is some distance away. Might cost you a few extra dollars there.

5 years later
    #33 2 years ago

Anyone know what happened to Michelle Bianchi at STI? She is no longer at STI..

I need a pinball machine shipped from Pennsylvania to Northwest Indiana.

Anyone Help?

#34 2 years ago

There's also [email protected] but I haven't done any pinball sales/buys with STI as the carrier since late spring, so I'm not sure what's going on over there.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from mikelaka:

Anyone know what happened to Michelle Bianchi at STI? She is no longer at STI..
    I need a pinball machine shipped from Pennsylvania to Northwest Indiana.
    Anyone Help?

She's still there. Just talked to her today !

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

She's still there. Just talked to her today !

She is at beltmann, not sti.

#37 2 years ago

Beltmann now.

(630) 352-3312

1 week later
    #38 2 years ago

They're getting a lot worse. Attack From Mars remake LE....

20211007_080549 (resized).jpg20211007_080549 (resized).jpg
    #39 2 years ago
    Quoted from jsitaly42:

They're getting a lot worse. Attack From Mars remake LE....
    [quoted image]

Why was it shipped with the legs on?

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

Why was it shipped with the legs on?

They can’t drive a forklift into it with the legs on and they can’t lose the legs. That’s what I’ve always been told and it makes some sense.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

They can’t drive a forklift into it with the legs on and they can’t lose the legs. That’s what I’ve always been told and it makes some sense.

How does every pinball factory ship them? That probably makes the most sense.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

How does every pinball factory ship them? That probably makes the most sense.

He asked and I answered. I know you are being passive aggressive but are you saying pins never get damaged when shipped from the factory?

#43 2 years ago

Because they told me to ship it with the legs on.

#44 2 years ago

We always receive and ship games with legs on via CRST. No issues whatsoever. Dozens of games.

Accidents happen with or without legs on.

#45 2 years ago

Legs made these days are pretty flimsy, it likely didn't take much force to bend that rear leg.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Legs made these days are pretty flimsy, it likely didn't take much force to bend that rear leg.

If that's the only thing wrong with it, I'd be happy losing those god awful green legs

#47 2 years ago

Crazy man, I just got 4 delivered this am from STI: Judge Dredd, Ghostbusters LE, Robocop and Jetsons.
    No issues!

Thanking the pinball god of no damage.

IMG_4923 (resized).jpegIMG_4923 (resized).jpeg
    #48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

They most certainly CAN drive into them with the legs on. The legs merely give them more room to miss the cabinet. If you've ever seen forklift drivers in a warehouse you'd see that they go as fast as they can and raise the forks on the run all the time.

As an electrician I have actually had the pleasure of working in the warehouse of the local NAVL sub years ago, and all I can say is that if you think you can protect things one way or another, you're sadly mistaken. They can destroy anything.

All that said, I have shipped and received dozens of games on pallets or with the legs on. I have experienced the same amount of issues with both ways of shipping. You're simply at the mercy of who is handling things.

#49 2 years ago

I picked up a pin at the local STI warehouse and they brought it out to me on a fork truck with the forks in between the front legs of the pin.

nothing in between the metal forks and the underside/front of the cab. since then I always box and pallet a pin when shipping

#50 2 years ago

Had about 7 good experiences with them and one bad. Restored Torpedo Alley looks like it was dropped.

0D571022-8277-416A-837A-60B5DEF109C5 (resized).jpeg0D571022-8277-416A-837A-60B5DEF109C5 (resized).jpeg810B9E2E-40E5-4DAA-B24F-795EAB302BF1 (resized).jpeg810B9E2E-40E5-4DAA-B24F-795EAB302BF1 (resized).jpeg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michelle-bianchi-sti?hl=jsitaly42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.