• 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jokerpoker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bighit (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visi0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago

Wow. So, it isn't just me. I told STI to pull the trigger on a (~600 mile) move on 9/23. It was coming from a retail location with steady hours, yet they missed pickup on that side of it, a few times. Dispatch jerking around the seller on pickup has him pissed off and defensive, so he says he'll never ship another game.

Then, I got a call last week saying they'd be delivering it on Friday. They never showed or had the decency to call to let me know they weren't coming. I got a call today that says they are coming Friday. Assuming that they do even come this Friday, that will be 16 business days for a ~600 mile move.

I'm kicking myself in the ass for not just loading up on caffeine and making the road trip.

Thing is, the last 3 pins I've sold, they arrived exactly when they said they would (within an hour) and the time in transit was only a few business days. Maybe this was just a regional fluke but certainly hasn't been the best experience this go / around. I just hope it arrives okay. I got note today that of my three regional drivers, the one allegedly coming Friday is the morbidly obese driver that never shows up with a helper and never brings any reasonable moving tools.

annoying.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

For a 1300 mile trip, what was the shipping quote? Do they blanket wrap and palletize?

Last three moves I've had were $430-$480, at around 1400 miles. They don't palletize, they are legs-on moves. There are regional differences on how well they blanket wrap. Some, want you to just have the head down on the machine when they come. My local STI drivers drape a single moving blanket over it, no plastic and no cardboard - and call that good. I typically use 3-4 blankets and have them wrapped in plastic when they arrive but again - regional differences, YMMV.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFixin:

I think the problem lies in if you live in a podunk town (like me) and they have a small shipping company do the final delivery. They usually wait until their truck is completely full before they deliver, so they can hold onto it for a week or two.
-Pat

Yep! Apparently the reason my current STI move has taken 21 days is because the pickup location was Podunk (only routes through that town were every 2 weeks) and my location is moderately podunk (only through here on Fridays) a perfect storm of podunkness.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visi0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michelle-bianchi-navlsti-delivery-datetime?tu=visi0n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.