(Topic ID: 176891)

Michelle Bianchi

By EMsInKC

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161210_125122_resized (resized).jpg
    193 (resized).JPG
    191 (resized).JPG
    190 (resized).JPG

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Last good number I had for her is 630-432-2646. Anyone know if that is still good?

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

This. Just spoke with her last week and have a game outbound enroute.

Me too, but inbound

#5 7 years ago

Same here.. But damn is their service slow.

The game I shipped hasn't moved in a week according to the tracking

Quoted from wxforecaster:

This. Just spoke with her last week and have a game outbound enroute.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks, I searched for it but for some reason that thread did not come up.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Thanks, I searched for it but for some reason that thread did not come up.

Michelle Bianchi
    [email protected]
    630-344-3093
    She is the best in the biz. I have moved many games thru her. She has been to a number of companies but continues to retain her clients due to her superb customer service.

Added over 7 years ago: [email protected]

#8 7 years ago

*beltmann

(Not usually a typo-fixer-for-others kind of guy, but in this case it's decently important)

#9 7 years ago

Crap. Sorry about the typo.. You are right. The email would not work in that case.

[email protected]

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

Crap. Sorry about the typo.. You are right. The email would not work in that case.
    [email protected]

LOL, you still got it wrong. Two Ns. I emailed her and got a quick reply.

#11 7 years ago

I wonder if Judy ever feels

Michelle and Judy are both great to work with.

[email protected]

#12 7 years ago

Michelle Bianchi
    Precision Transportation
    Agent for STI and North American
    Office 630-352-3312
    Cell 630-344-3093
    Fax 866-651-5919
    Email is: [email protected]
    If you get a voice mail recording, leave your info, she'll call you back. Just scheduled a pick up with her, she's the best, Judy is too.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Michelle Bianchi
    Precision Transportation
    Agent for STI and North American
    Office 630-352-3312
    Cell 630-344-3093
    Fax 866-651-5919
    Email is: [email protected]
    If you get a voice mail recording, leave your info, she'll call you back. Just scheduled a pick up with her, she's the best, Judy is too.

See above, this is out of date.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

I just called her at the so called "out of date" #630-352-3312 and she answered.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Maybe her email has changed but I always call.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I wonder if Judy ever feels
    Michelle and Judy are both great to work with.
    [email protected]

I got my first (and only, so far) shipment almost immediately transferred to Judy after e-mailing Michelle (as I guess she was busy) and had a great experience with her as well. No complaints.

2 weeks later
    #18 7 years ago

Spoke to Michelle earlier this week. 609 395-6932. Got everything arranged so I don't have to make a 2250 mile road trip. Plus the machine is located on the 3rd floor. Great service!

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Plus the machine is located on the 3rd floor.

How much extra do they charge for that? I know they ask about stairs. I just had mine left outside so I could deal with it later + to avoid any extra charges. Of course yours is on the non-destination end, but same stuff I'm sure.

#20 7 years ago

Total charge is $504, about $125 more than usual.

#21 7 years ago

Got to give her a call this week

3 weeks later
    #22 7 years ago

I called Michelle to have a game moved from the southeast. It has always said on the tracking that it would be delivered on the 10th. It has been in Phoenix since the 2nd, so I called the tracking customer service number to make sure they had my contact info. I was patched through to the PHX office and the scheduler there confirmed they make a run every week to the Tucson area, so the 10th is the day.

However, he also said that he received the game damaged and had pictures. He sent them to me while we were still on the phone and the glass is shattered (not the end of the world) but there also looks like a split in the edge of the cabinet at the front right side. The seller and I agree that it was dropped and he said they picked the game up when it was upright. It is now on its belly.

I want the game repaired not scrapped or whatever, but if it's coming down tomorrow (they offered even knowing there is damage so I could look at it) how do I handle things? I have a call in to Michelle, but found out about this late afternoon, so I bet she was done for the day in Chicago by then. It' an AFM and is a pretty big deal to me.

#23 7 years ago

post pictures !

#24 7 years ago

190 (resized).JPG190 (resized).JPG

191 (resized).JPG191 (resized).JPG

193 (resized).JPG193 (resized).JPG

#25 7 years ago

Wow that sucks. I'm always afraid that will happen to the ones I have had shipped to me. We at least the flying saucer is holding that blanket in place.

#26 7 years ago

that sucks , for reference ask the seller to make sure he straps it crisscross with two tie down straps to a pallet 4ft x 4ft .

#27 7 years ago

That looks like a lot more damage than a broken play field glass . Someone needs an ass whooping .

#28 7 years ago

you will be cleaning glass chunks for years ! hopefully they step up and fix or replace it or refund the cost of machine . was it insured ?

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

that sucks , for reference ask the seller to make sure he straps it crisscross with two tie down straps to a pallet 4ft x 4ft .

They said to have the head folded down with something under it and they would do the rest.

Quoted from luch:

you will be cleaning glass chunks for years ! hopefully they step up and fix or replace it or refund the cost of machine . was it insured ?

This was my first time having a machine shipped (aside from GB NIB, but NIB has slightly different rules) so I didn't know that there was additional insurance on top of the standard $X per pound. I have since found some threads saying that they will pay a max of $5 per pound with the standard, and according to one Pinside thread that will be $1500 max. I was asked the value of the game though, so maybe there was something else put on there to cover above that. Now I know that even exists.

Looking on their page you can file a claim, so you don't flat out decline the game. But, you have to note the damage before you sign or you are likely SOL. I just wanted to know how to handle that part because with NIB you flat out decline because you will get another NIB. It looks like I will need to get a written estimate of repair, so if anyone wants to point me in the direction of who would do that, I'm all ears.

#30 7 years ago

So this was on legs to begin with? I do like to palatalize myself with the game standing on its butt.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

So this was on legs to begin with? I do like to palatalize myself with the game standing on its butt.

The legs were off and are wrapped/taped to the top of the cab. Left side of the 3rd picture shows it.

#32 7 years ago

The pin in question was secured and handed off to Beltman , strapped and sitting VERTICALLY. This is actually over and above what they require, and I have had no less than 20 pins picked up by this service with this being the first time anything has happened. There is actually no need to strap a pin on a pallet sitting on its belly, as it will hang over a 4X4 pallet. Vertically is how they are supposed to be transported. Obviously between the ride too the local terminal(unlikely), and the ride from Ga. to Az.(most likely), it either tumbled over by not being strapped anywhere at all, OR, it was on a 4X4 pallet on it's belly, and was hanging over in the front, and the fork lift barreled in and just smacked the shit out of the front of the pin. Belly down on a 4X4 pallet is absolutely not correct. Strapped Vertically on a 4X4 is correct, or at least strap to the side wall of the truck. I do not think Michelle will hang anybody out to dry, but I am going to help the buyer buttress and claim amount that he deems suitable.

#33 7 years ago

Michelle's out of commission. Broke her leg badly and is having surgery today to have pins put in it. Judy will probably be covering her stuff for a few weeks, at least.

#34 7 years ago

Putting games on a pallet opens you up to fork truck operators...I've shipped/received a dozen games (not a huge sample I know), all with legs ON. Worst thing that happened was a twisted leg. Unless it's on a pallet with substantial crating around it--even then you open yourself to your game being rammed in to and lifted with a fork truck(and set down violently--probably what happened here).

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Michelle's out of commission. Broke her leg badly and is having surgery today to have pins put in it. Judy will probably be covering her stuff for a few weeks, at least.

Ouch. That makes sense why I haven't heard back today.

So as far as delivery goes, can somebody give me some pointers as to how I need to handle it? Do I just document what I see on the delivery sheet and then have that with my repair quotes for the claim?

EDIT: And I'd also like to point out that the actual buying experience has been great. The seller has been great in the whole process.

#36 7 years ago

I just shipped a pin for the first time from PA to CO and was told to leave the legs on, just fold the top down with something in between, and wrap the outside. STI picked it up and two guys carried it by hand and loaded it into the truck. The buyer told me it arrived with no issues. I sent detailed pics of it wrapped and ready before it shipped for the buyer to refer to.

#37 7 years ago

Here was my last ship of a wedgehead. Driver suggested this was prefered.

20161210_125122_resized (resized).jpg20161210_125122_resized (resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago

That is exactly correct! Vertically on a pallet! That is why they come NIB vertically. Nothing terribly wrong with vertically, not on a pallet, as long as the game is strapped to the truck wall for transport! The point is, that Beltman is supposed to pretty much handle pinballs, white glove, for the added expense.

#39 7 years ago

Never ship a game through a commercial shipping company. I've had one busted up beyond repair and another game delivered here that wasn't mine but yet my game was still sitting in a Detroit terminal and instead of them screwing around with my game any further I drove there and picked it up myself. They knocked off like $20 or something... big deal!! I fought them for a bigger refund but I guess they could care less because I never got any where's with them and they just blew me off. What a huge inconvenience the entire thing and I vowed never to have them ship another game for me again. Next time I'll go get it myself or have someone like Brian Saunders pick up or deliver it and he will defiantly give it the white glove treatment at no extra added cost.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#40 7 years ago

Sorry man this is really sad for us local guys .
    Let me tell everyone here that desertT1 did not purchase this game for his own personal joy , but to put it on route and let everyone enjoy this fantastic game . He has pretty much single handedly promoted and ran Tucson Pinball League for over 3 years now and brought competitive pinball in southern AZ back from the dead. It actually pisses me off to have this happen to SUCH a great guy.
    Sad day .

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Putting games on a pallet opens you up to fork truck operators...I've shipped/received a dozen games (not a huge sample I know), all with legs ON. Worst thing that happened was a twisted leg. Unless it's on a pallet with substantial crating around it--even then you open yourself to your game being rammed in to and lifted with a fork truck(and set down violently--probably what happened here).

I used to be a pallet and crate guy, but I received a few pins that were shipped through NAVL/STI and Michelle legs on, head down, and they came here PERFECT. I only ship legs-on through them now. No complaints so far and it's WAY easier.

#42 7 years ago

This isn't true. NIB games are shipped that way because they use traditional freight companies, which STI is not. I'm not saying it's worse, but what I am saying is that it's statistically the same, legs on or off. Different kinds of crap can happen either way, just do what's best for you.

I'm one of those always ship and receive with legs on guys, but I know damn well one day I can have a problem. I don't think because I've never had a problem my way is the best way.

Quoted from elcolonel:

That is exactly correct! Vertically on a pallet! That is why they come NIB vertically.

#43 7 years ago

Always shipped and received games through Michelle legs-on, and never had any issues. It seems like I've heard a lot more horror stories from shipping them legs off / on a pallet.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Here was my last ship of a wedgehead. Driver suggested this was prefered.

If the game is wrapped up like this, most shippers will not honor a damage claim as they were unable to see the condition of the game beforehand. At least that has been my experience.

#45 7 years ago

Michelle has arranged quite a few shippings for me. Sorry to hear she got hurt. Spoke to her Tuesday.

#46 7 years ago

The ole "on legs or not on legs debate."

I've shipped maybe 50 games, split between on legs and not, through Michelle/NAVL. I've never had an issue besides ONE bent leg on a game sent with the legs on. We've all heard horror stories from on legs (ripped apart, tipped over) or not (forklift through the cab). As far as I can tell There's no "safer" way to do it

Shit happens. Only way to guarantee no damage is to not ship a game, and we all know that's not always possible.

#47 7 years ago

I don't like the idea of legs on and having them carry it either, but all the times I had to do it, i've never had a problem so far. But anything can happen no matter how you ship it. I've seen pallet on end games with fork holes in the side, or tipped over, glass broke.

#48 7 years ago

I've shipped about 24 games through NAVL/STI. All but one were on legs. The only one that was on a pallet was damaged. But it was belly down not on its back.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Vertically is how they are supposed to be transported.

always done it this way, never had a problem. always legs off

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Sorry man this is really sad for us local guys .
    Let me tell everyone here that desertT1 did not purchase this game for his own personal joy , but to put it on route and let everyone enjoy this fantastic game . He has pretty much single handedly promoted and ran Tucson Pinball League for over 3 years now and brought competitive pinball in southern AZ back from the dead. It actually pisses me off to have this happen to SUCH a great guy.
    Sad day .

Wayne is a fantastic guy, and you pinheads in AZ are lucky to have his passion! AS stated before, I am going to help in any way I can to make sure he, and by proxy the AZ pinheads, are made whole.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michelle-bianchi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.