Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KennyL
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12e71dc3_mh_maxhead_michaeljackson1.jpeg
image.jpg
ebay_fraud.jpg
MICHAEL-JACKSON_pop_cap.jpg
CarolAnn.gif
king of pop.jpg
Unknown.png
image-3.jpg

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I think they should have used a JM to retheme instead.

Too expensive of a game.

#102 4 years ago

Since the newspaper in the photo still shows the old one from 2014, I'm almost tempted to ask for more recent photos to prove the seller still has it...

#103 4 years ago

Just sent this idiot a message and it reads. Seriously what drugs are you on?????????????? you expect someone to pay $100,000.00 for a Michael Jackson 1987 chase Pepsi arcade pinball machine. from the bad tour days that they cant see, cant get pictures of, cant pick up even if someone was that stupid enough to pay for it, and you think people are that DUMB. WAKE UP IDIOT, IF IT IS LEGIT and you supposably have this, then post real pictures of the playfield, cabinet , back glass etc, so we know exactly what is for sale, not just constantly going on with the crap you keep coming out with. Lets see if It gets a response and if it does, how much more crap will this moron spin.
ebay.com link » Michael Jackson 1987 Chase Pepsi Arcade Pinball Machine From The Bad Tour Days

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Just sent this idiot a message

I'm sure that will straighten this right out.

#105 4 years ago

probably not, but was fun for a split second anyway.

#106 4 years ago

Maybe he could sell it quicker if he states it contains Michael Jacksons D&A, and the winning bidder could ask Sheldon Cooper to clone a Michael Jackson for them, then you could have the Michael Jackson 1987 chase Pepsi arcade pinball machine. from the bad tour days and a real life Michael Jackson to help you play it or with it.........

#107 4 years ago

I think we have enough of the artwork to recreate some unfaded cab decals and translight, so I say 10 of us take our Laser Wars and convert them.

Make some pop cap decals, so our games look more complete.

Put them all on eBay at once for $4-6k each.

If any sell, it will be the most anyone ever got for a Laser War.

Let the fun begin....

MICHAEL-JACKSON_pop_cap.jpg

2 weeks later
#108 4 years ago

I'm very disappointed in hollywuud8..............................................."NOT". He never replied to my message on eBay. Absolute Tosser.

#109 4 years ago

Wow am I late to this thread. Good thing it's still available, no one bought it out from under me! I'd better jump on this ASAP!

ebay.com link » Michael Jackson 1987 Chase Pepsi Arcade Pinball Machine From The Bad Tour Days

Seriously though, why doesn't ebay have some sort of 'report this listing as possible fraud' or something? This is the most ridiculous listing I've ever seen.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

why doesn't ebay have some sort of 'report this listing as possible fraud' or something?

they do
ebay_fraud.jpg

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Seriously though, why doesn't ebay have some sort of 'report this listing as possible fraud' or something? This is the most ridiculous listing I've ever seen.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

they do
ebay_fraud.jpg

Spectacular. So why doesn't the pinball community report the crap out of them?

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

WAKE UP IDIOT, IF IT IS LEGIT and you supposably have this, then post real pictures of the playfield, cabinet , back glass etc, ebay.com link » Michael Jackson 1987 Chase Pepsi Arcade Pinball Machine From The Bad Tour Days

Supposably?

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Spectacular. So why doesn't the pinball community report the crap out of them?

Because it's not fraud; it's just absurdly, hilariously overpriced.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Because it's not fraud; it's just absurdly, hilariously overpriced.

How could it NOT be fraud, with the ridiculous excuses and resistance to providing detailed photos?

Well, whatever. Not like there's anyone out there stupid enough to buy this.

#115 4 years ago

D&A?

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Maybe he could sell it quicker if he states it contains Michael Jacksons D&A,

#118 4 years ago

Missed that. Thats better than supposably.

#119 4 years ago

The bottom of the ad is even better....more excuses. Now you can't see the game in person because "the lady" selling it was victimized by robbery and is now agoraphobic.
image.jpg

I think this guy also has an ad for a Jubilee, the best game ever, for $50,000. If someone is entrusting a $100k pin to this inept man with horrible grammar skills to sell it, she'd better plan on being buried in it and then having another estate sale. This guy's excuses and the way he words things leads me to believe that whoever buys this game will be murdered post haste on pick up. This MJ game is actually expensive because it is titled "Little Bang Bar." Haha

#120 4 years ago

Sounds legit ....

#121 4 years ago

"I am a huge collector of Laser Wars pinball machines and have been searching for a rare priceless rethemed model for a coporate sponsorship done many years ago" ...... that should do it

#122 4 years ago

A bit off-topic, but I think a Moonwalker pin would be quite cool. And come to think of it, I'm surprised there never was one, name that pin:

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I think a Moonwalker pin would be quite cool. And come to think of it, I'm surprised there never was one, name that pin:

I used to be a pretty big micheal jackson fan back in the day. I bought moonwalker on Sega Genesis a week early from sharper image (my cartridge had B&W art). Also watched the movie moonwalker too, actually pretty cool robot CGI for it's time (but then again, MJ threw a lot of money at things). Although the storyline makes it pretty easy to translate to pinball, that soundtrack is too narrow for his career. I'd like to see a jukebox setup like most modern Sterns, and implement things from all of his career:
* Re-use the iron man monger for the moonwalker robot
* Have an LCD with a max headrom MJ head talking (BTTF 80's cafe)
* Have rollover switches that look like the white sidewalk pieces from the billie jean video
* Have zombies pop up (like MM trolls) for the thriller mode
12e71dc3_mh_maxhead_michaeljackson[1].jpeg

#124 4 years ago

I hate to say it toyotaboy, but that proposal actually sounds like a pretty cool game. Hahaha. Maybe his kids will give up the IP rights easily and we can make a quick buck...(or make a quick buck after 3 years of production).

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Maybe his kids will give up the IP rights easily and we can make a quick buck

Wait a few years till they've squeezed all money they can from the back catalog music, eventually they'll be up for a cool $100k on licensing.. Of course I pity the art director that has to deal with the family wanting it to be a perfect dedication to him.

#126 4 years ago

My favorite part of this ad is this...

"we have at least two of the picture's showing Michael Jackson playing his pinball machine."

Yup, they have two of the *exact same picture*. Can I claim to have 20 pictures of him playing it if I take the same picture and upload it 20 times?

Oh, almost forgot - the wear on the flipper buttons is super heavy for a game that was supposedly only in the possession of a celebrity...

#127 4 years ago

Supposably is a word in the American language that is often wrongly confused with the word 'supposedly'. Although the vast majority of people that use 'supposably' mistake it as a substitute for 'supposedly', it does actually have a valid use. The general rule is this: 'Supposably' can be used only when the meaning is 'capable of being supposed,' and then only in the U.S.

For those who don't understand the English language. Supposably: Capable of being supposed : conceivable....Its In the English dictionary

#128 4 years ago

Dear Hollywuud8,

I represent a very wealthy client who is interested in the Michael Jackson pinball machine. He is interested in starting his own pinball machine museum/teriyaki bar (possibly in Key West, where he already owns a very popular kitchen utensil gallery/dance club). My client, due to the touchy nature of his business, wishes to remain confidential. Before placing a bid, he has two questions. First, who have you chosen to perform the delicate work of pinball restoration on the Michael Jackson pinball machine? For such a special piece, this would require one to have near surgical skills and my client would like to know that only the best has been selected. No "light shop jobs," if you know what I mean. Second, what shipping company will be used to ship the machine. It needs to arrive in perfect condition, otherwise my client will throw an unhappy fit. We don't want that. Please let me know these things so we can continue with the purchase. Thank you!

New message from: hollywuud8 (313)
hi, flippers or tnt, and there are some others. and navl for shipping.

#129 4 years ago

Canea, glad you received a thorough response to your inquiry from "hollywuud." This game is probably in horrible condition and worth $250 at best. At this point, I think I'm going to buy it, see what happens, then use the eBay money back guarantee or reporting service to cancel the transaction afterward. If I disappear, forward this thread on to my family.

#130 4 years ago

Well, there's one positive if it's fully legit. I'd support TNT doing the resto for sure. BUT, even if I had the cash and were willing to spend 100 large on this machine, I'd see it in person first and pick it up personally. The odds of making a sale at that price point with those conditions is pretty well nil, I believe. At least allow more detailed photos and let people come see it in person.

#131 4 years ago

I don't care if Micheal personally built it. It still isn't worth more than its worth as any pinball machine in its condition.
Just my 2 cents.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I don't care if Micheal personally built it. It still isn't worth more than its worth as any pinball machine in its condition.
Just my 2 cents.

I'll agree with that to an extent. There are some hardcore Michael Jackson memorabilia collectors out there, though. Now, this is a lot of IFs....but:

IF, they first had a full professional restoration done BEFORE the sale and IF they took a large number of high resolution photos and IF they allowed in-person showings of the machine...I'm sure there's somebody out there who'd pay upwards of $20,000 perhaps. Very slim shot, though, probably more likely to get $5,000-10,000. But only if it's really done perfectly right and sold in a more open way, and only speculation of course. Even if there was full disclosure in the listing, the $100k price just seems astronomical.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 6,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 18.95
$ 219.00
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 35.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 50.00
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside