Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KennyL
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12e71dc3_mh_maxhead_michaeljackson1.jpeg
image.jpg
ebay_fraud.jpg
MICHAEL-JACKSON_pop_cap.jpg
CarolAnn.gif
king of pop.jpg
Unknown.png
image-3.jpg

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago

No mention of if it works. By the looks of the wood panel walls, is it in a trailer home? Nothing like a $100,000 pinball machine in a $5000 trailer home.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Judging by the grammar and typos, I can only assume that the seller is Honey Boo Boo.

Hilarious!

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and my favorite: "Here, kid...you want a lollipop?"

More like "here kid, have some, uh, grape juice"

#54 4 years ago

What kind of estate liquidation place puts something like this on eBay with a starting bid 100x more than reasonable?

They are either delusional or hoping to find someone delusional.

#55 4 years ago

Wow - is this person a complete idiot or is this a Pinsider playing a joke on us? I sent the seller these messages and here are the responses. I have a feeling we'll be getting a good laugh at this listing for many months to come...

"I'll give you 3000 for it without any pictures. 10,000 if I can get a lot of photos of the playfield and under the cabinet."

hi since_2010. what a great offer. you see the value we knew was there. and that is great. after all, we aren't just talking about a pinball machine. we are talking about the king of music, Michael Jackson. and this Michael Jackson pinball machine was one of the things he loved. we are going to have to decline your offer though. but, your question has helped us make what we think is a good decision. we at the winning bidders choice, like leave it as is, or have us ( meaning the lady that owns the Michael Jackson pinball machine, have it restored to as new as possible, as we can get any way's by professional's.) and this will involve having the part we pay out for restoration to be nonrefundable. this way, any one concerned about not being enough picture's. or not being able to come by and see the Michael Jackson pinball machine in person. wont have to worry. it will be as close to new as we can get. ( and to any bidder's. this will take some time to get done. could be week's. or 3 or 4 month's. really don't know till it happens. )

since_2010 asked this question also.

"Is this machine available to view in person before I place a bid?"

hi since_2010. the lady that owns the Michael Jackson pinball machine and or the other arcade machines that are for sale. doesn't want anybody coming to where she lives. this is because of a violent burglary that happened. and she says she is sorry, because she knows people want to come and see them. but, she likes to feel safe in her home. she hopes everybody understands.

#57 4 years ago

Ooookay. So, no photos and no way to view in person. Good grief

How does anyone expect to sell anything under those conditions, especially for a completely ridiculous sum under completely ridiculous stipulations?

This has got to be a scam of some sort.

#58 4 years ago

Saw one of these in Norwalk (ca)
About 4 years ago for sale
Around $1200 I believe
Was up for sale some time

Same game perhaps ?

#59 4 years ago

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3117
Here are some more details and pictures

#60 4 years ago

Wow - is this person a complete idiot

Idiot or scammer are the two words that immediately come to mind...

#61 4 years ago

Big $$$,$$$.$$ for a Data East!
Love the trending!

#62 4 years ago

I think I'm going to buy this just so I can meet the lady and see the pin in person.
I hope my wife is cool with this....

#63 4 years ago

Someone should send something something that they are a representative for a Saudi national and are willing to pay more for rare MJ historical items provided they go through a series of hoops. Maybe, translate it back and forth in babelfish so the syntax feels foreign.

#64 4 years ago

Aww come on, just write that $100K check to that Nigerian Bank and they will send you the machine, right away, really, they will.

#65 4 years ago

Ya know, if there WERE better photos, I could see someone picking up a laser war, re-doing the sideart and backglass, and pawning it off as the original.

Seeing how he's got a newspaper sitting on the machine, I say not scam. I say stupid lady that thinks she hit the jackpot. Being that it's technically rare being that Pepsi (from what I gather) only did a one-off of these, it's probably worth some money.. some meaning a few thousand (mayyybe $10k tops in good condition). Unfortunately, this dumb seller is probably going to get it refurbished, raise the price even higher ($110k), and die before she sells it, and it'll either go to her next of kin or get sold off at auction.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Aww come on, just write that $100K check to that Nigerian Bank and they will send you the machine, right away, really, they will.

This was the reassurance i was looking for, thanks!
Check is in the mail, so this topic can be closed.
Going to pick it up at a parking-lot. from a middle-man, she really don't want me to come on her property. As of her recent burglary, i fully understand.

She must be religious..... every mail exchange closes with a "God bless" for me and my family, so all will work out perfectly

#67 4 years ago

Anybody that believes the 'it's not mine, belongs to a little old lady' story, LOLZ 99% chance it's in the ebay seller's hands and the little old lady thing is just to deflect what he sees as lowball offers. If he thinks for a moment he's hooked a genuine fish the pictures will fly, sadly that fish isn't swimming in his lake.

#68 4 years ago

I think it's a pretty neat little piece of history, and I agree that since there is pictures with the paper, it's probably legit, but it's not worth $100k no matter what. Because of the theme and history, I believe you might be able to get as much as $15-20k for it under a perfect scenario, but I would peg it's value closer to $5k-ish. The *only* thing that gives it value is the fact that you know that a company actually did it and Michael Jackson at one point played it, but when his arcade collection was sold off, that didn't cause there to be a huge premium for anything. I seriously thought about buying one of his pins because I think that would have been neat, and they carried only about a 25-35% premium over normal costs.

#69 4 years ago

Pretty sure this is the same guy who was trying to unload a bunch of arcade games on KLOV a couple years ago along with a Computer Space. Not a "scam" per se, but a very weird dude. I remember something about him selling a Major Havok NIB conversion kit overseas or something too. My memory for drama isn't all that great.

#70 4 years ago

so this is the exact same game that sold for $3500 in 2011 and was a total ripoff then. the machine looks like it was faded to oblivion 3 years ago and owned by someone who knew nothing more about it than what he could read on the apron.

i say go for it.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from parkway:

Pretty sure this is the same guy who was trying to unload a bunch of arcade games on KLOV a couple years ago along with a Computer Space. Not a "scam" per se, but a very weird dude. I remember something about him selling a Major Havok NIB conversion kit overseas or something too. My memory for drama isn't all that great.

This set?

ebay.com link » 17projectarcademachines Atari Pong Warlord 039 S Indy 4 4 Player Football Other 039 S

Same seller with a 2013 date scrawled like a hostage note.

#72 4 years ago

I wrote the guy and told him, usually when your buying and selling a machine, you actually want to see pictures of the item your trying to buy/sell. What a jagoff. Apparently he doesn't sell machines often, or anything for that matter. That would be like selling Magnum PI's ferarri, and show some stock photo of him from the 80's with maybe 1/8th of the ass end in the picture. That's great, but what does it look like now? Stupid ass people.

#73 4 years ago

Im out! ----->holding out for the Vault premium edition

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

This set?
ebay.com link » 17projectarcademachines Atari Pong Warlord 039 S Indy 4 4 Player Football Other 039 S
Same seller with a 2013 date scrawled like a hostage note.

Yup! That's it! That's been around for a while now.

#75 4 years ago

We should do an over/under contest on how many months this guy continues to keep re-listing the machine. I'll start it out at 6.

Someone should place the $100K bid from a dummy account. Then you'd be able to see the seller's address.

#76 4 years ago

We should do an over/under contest on how many months this guy continues to keep re-listing the machine. I'll start it out at 6.
Someone should place the $100K bid from a dummy account. Then you'd be able to see the seller's address.

I will take the over. I will check back in 6 months for my prize.

#77 4 years ago

Ya know, the username is pretty specific.

There's a youtube page with some crazy psychic lady:
https://www.youtube.com/user/hollywuud8/videos

or if someone is willing to make an account and fake a romance, she's on a dating site:
http://passion.com/view/hollywuud8

#79 4 years ago

It'll sell this time.

#80 4 years ago

Poorly Re-themed Laser War MJ pinball Value < Operation Secret Storm.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Ya know, the username is pretty specific.
There's a youtube page with some crazy psychic lady:

Not psychic enough to see that this will never sell for that price.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Not psychic enough to see that this will never sell for that price.

What did P.T. Barnum used to say?

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

What did P.T. Barnum used to say?

Con men all say that. People are a little more educated these days.

1 month later
#84 4 years ago

I've linked together all the appearances of this Pepsi Chase machine in a Credit Dot article. I've also presented a few other instances of Jackson's connection to pinball.

FEATURE: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Michael Jackson and Pinball
http://creditdotpinball.com/2015/02/20/feature-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-michael-jackson-and-pinball/

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#85 4 years ago

Were any of the allegations true about MJ touching that machine when it was only 1 years old?

#86 4 years ago

king of pop.jpg
#87 4 years ago

I didn't know my Laser War was worth $100k, shouldn't have sold it for $800 a year ago.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I've linked together all the appearances of this Pepsi Chase machine in a Credit Dot article. I've also presented a few other instances of Jackson's connection to pinball.
FEATURE: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Michael Jackson and Pinball
http://creditdotpinball.com/2015/02/20/feature-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-michael-jackson-and-pinball/
Rob
creditdotpinball.com

entertaining article! thanks for compiling all that!

in the end, I suspect it really was Data East that rethemed the game, rather than a third party, since Data East would go on to have a long history of doing one-offs just like that (Aaron Spelling, Joel Silver, etc), and since MJ's speech has been added to the game. If it was just cabinet art, I'd be more inclined to believe the third party theory.

also a shame that this game has apparently not been taken care of.

also a shame that it has apparently remained in the hands of seemingly shady characters for so many years.

the thing could be an interesting item of pinball and celebrity folklore, but instead it's just an object of mockery due to some ass trying to get $100 grand for it.

3 weeks later
#89 4 years ago

Does anyone have an eBay account you never use? Place a bid and then when the auction ends, we can see where this is located and the name of the person selling. I bet you could show up to their trailer with some cash (and a concealed gun) and maybe get a deal.

#90 4 years ago

The pinballs cabinet is empty turns out MJ just used it to hide little kids in

4 months later
#92 4 years ago

The fading on that cab is horrible.

#93 4 years ago

meszar2 asked this question.

so the owner does not want to add additional pictures so what is the plan with the machine when it doesn't sell? for pinball collectors condition is everything and she is trying to get a 100,000 for a machine that you cant see other than the very faded side of the machine!?!?! I did a google search on this machine and there are pictures out there from a craigs list post selling this machine or one like it back in 2010 so I am perplexed wont allow pictures of the game. one has to assume the game is in poor condition and the reason there aren't any picture's showing the true condition of the machine is that it will show just that! I know you just listed this machine for the owner so please don't take my question negatively against you. it's just a pinball machine like this has a lot of collectible value for a pinball collector. , just perplexed as to how the owner can expect some one to pay any dollar amount for a machine you cant see. good luck with the sale!!!

hi meszar2. you got to remember that this is a estate sale. all of these items very emotional to sale. the lady that owns this Michael Jackson pinball machine says the same about this machine that she says about the other arcade items machine's she is selling. and that is she don't care how long they take to sell. and for your google search, this is the same pinball machine. straight out of California. we know, because we are the one's that bought it for the person or the estate as it is now. right off craigslist. the person that passed checked the story. and it was 150 percent legit. ( we went out on a limb, and recommend that this person buy it also, even before he checked the story.) we sent the money order. the person that sold the machine was great, and had taken good care of this machine. it got picked up. and delivered, with out a problem. and that is how is the Michael Jackson pinball machine got to Louisville Kentucky. to later be sold at an estate sale.

pinballwizardmitch asked this question.

hello, as a big huge pinball and big huge Michael Jackson fan, I am very interested in this auction, and think it is awesome you have this. can you post some detailed picture's of the playfield and back glass thanks so much.

hi pinballwizardmitch. yes we can get more picture's. remember this is a estate auction. we have to drive where the woman lives to get picture's. we are doing this for free. on our own time. we can take picture's of the out side of the machine , but with the play field the lady is trying to decide to put pictures up or not. on one hand, she thinks who ever buys it , wont want the picture's of the play field all over the internet. but on the other, she knows . people want to see it. right now, she is not putting picture's of the play field up. that's what we got to respect. she make's the decisions on these estate item's we have been selling for her. and we just say yes mam or no mam. she sold the new old stock major havoc arcade kit to a collector in a country in Europe, I cant think of the country's name right now. he was happy to get it. and quiet a few other arcade related items to other's. and every one has been happy with them.

#94 4 years ago

I think he hired a Nigerian Prince to respond to the questions about the machine. " you got to remember that this is a estate sale. all of these items very emotional to sale. " Classic!

-Regards and God Bless!

LOL

#95 4 years ago

What kind of estate sale lasts 7 months?

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

The fading on that cab is horrible.

i understand the cabinet fading is horrible but you must understand this is a collectible antique from estate sale and is very emotional. the cabinet can be professionally restored (we will pay for this). please remember we are taking pictures of this for free and the lady has been horribley burglarized so we cannot get better pictures. you do not need to worry about conditions and pictures and things, this will be the professional restored any way's possible with nonrefundable expense in the bid price.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What kind of estate sale lasts 7 months?

She must be in a coma and they are waiting to pull the plug until the MJ finds a good home.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

hi meszar2. you got to remember that this is a estate sale. all of these items very emotional to sale.

WHAT EMOTION? GREED????

#99 4 years ago

I really don't get people that refuse to budge in price.. the market will adjust the pricing, perhaps start a bit lower than $100,000 (like maybe $5k). I mean we are talking about a stock laser war with new art for the cabinet and backglass only, and some custom sound roms. If this stupid auction doesn't go away soon, I'm going to find a laser war, and mock it up as a "found second promo pinball" starting at $5k just to shut this person up.
ebay.com link » Michael Jackson 1987 Chase Pepsi Arcade Pinball Machine From The Bad Tour Days

#100 4 years ago

I can't believe I've missed this thread up until now. Some of the earlier posts made me pee a little bit!! Hahaha.
I think they should have used a JM to retheme instead. Could have refitted with a sparkley glove. And have the Flaming Hair multiball mode!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 24.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 49.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside