Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter_15_Oct._02_22.10.jpg
applause.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

To those thumbing me down for my comment.
The official cause on my fathers death certificate was pneumonia. But it was pneumonia caused by Parkinson disease and it mercifully took his life. We as a family but especially my mother nursed him along for over a decade to his final days. Parkinson is a horrible disease make no mistake about it. I have my fingers crossed that no one else in my family will inherit it.
The Michael J Fox Foundation is a great organization and I would encourage everyone to consider donating. https://www.michaeljfox.org/
My father enjoyed dark humor (as do I) and he and my mother would have laughed at that joke. And from what I know about Michael J. Fox, he might have laughed also.
This may sound strange but thank you for the thumbs down.

I almost considered a thumbs down as my Mother is also in the last stages of Parkinson's. She's had it for 13 years. While it is a terrifying disease, it's almost been a blessing in disguise in the latter years. It's certainly debilitating and there are several progressive stages. Most identify Parkinson's with shaking, but often that subsides in the middle to late years of the disease. My mother did lose the ability to walk about 2 years ago, and the dementia that's coupled with Parkinson's set in about 7 years ago (visions) that has progressively gotten worse. BUT, she still knows her family, and she lives in a world of the past where she joyously talks of my dad still being alive, how they went out dancing last night, or how she has to get the taxes done next week (she was a bookkeeper). It's spared her the loneliness of my Dad's passing and she's mostly happy everyday in her retirement home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michael-j-fox-bttf?tu=robertmee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.