Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter_15_Oct._02_22.10.jpg
applause.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

It was Raul julia's family I believe, not Christopher llyod

Nope. Raul Julia's estate was NOT a problem. He is fully featured on the digital version, including his likeness and voice work.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My father enjoyed dark humor (as do I) and he and my mother would have laughed at that joke. And from what I know about Michael J. Fox, he might have laughed also.

I think so - did you see him on Curb Your Enthusiasm?

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

» YouTube video

MJF: "I'll be back in two shakes"

LOL. Thanks Greg.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That looks really good.
Biff is on the BG 4 times. Weird.

He played the most characters.

1985 Biff
1985 corrupt Biff
1955 Biff
2015 old Biff
2015 Griff
1885 mad Dogg Tannen
Also 1985 auto detail Biff

That's a whole lotta Biff

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Always seemed out of character that he wouldn't allow his image on the machine, would make sense that it was a legal issue.
Who wouldn't want to be immortalized on a pinball machine!!

Yeah, contracts and attorneys can screw up simple stuff like this so easily. MJF was in constant motion in the 80s. I doubt he had many thoughts about pinball, much less whether he wanted his face on one. Suddenly the game is about to be released, he never signed off on his likeness, lawyers can't get the papers to him because he's busy shooting a film, etc. So they say NO to using his image, game over.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

He played the most characters.
1985 Biff
1985 corrupt Biff
1955 Biff
2015 old Biff
2015 Griff
1885 mad Dogg Tannen
Also 1985 auto detail Biff
That's a whole lotta Biff

Thomas Wilson (Biff) was doing a Peter Sellers!

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That's what everyone always said in arguments by that Pinball Arcade would never get TAF. But then they reached a deal with the Julia estate (hence the Kickstarter), but couldn't get Christopher Lloyd or the kid that played Pugsley to sign and had to change their art.

My bad, thanks for clearing that up for me

#60 8 years ago

I talked with Gary over the weekend and said I would buy a new BTTF themed machine in a heartbeat.

He had a small list with titles people were interested in and wrote it down..

#61 8 years ago

It literally is one of the very few titles I would consider buying NIB. Of course, this is assuming it was well executed. Frankly, I would rather see DP or JJP do it, as I think their build quality would be better and the art package would be far better.

I would rather see no remake than a crappy remake.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

It literally is one of the very few titles I would consider buying NIB. Of course, this is assuming it was well executed. Frankly, I would rather see DP or JJP do it, as I think their build quality would be better and the art package would be far better.

Would be curious how he he would build it. VE's would use their original hardware, but DE System 3 has parts on it that are NLA. Not to mention it wouldn't pass regulations either.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

So you'd rather it languish around for years and never ship?

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

To those thumbing me down for my comment.
The official cause on my fathers death certificate was pneumonia. But it was pneumonia caused by Parkinson disease and it mercifully took his life. We as a family but especially my mother nursed him along for over a decade to his final days. Parkinson is a horrible disease make no mistake about it. I have my fingers crossed that no one else in my family will inherit it.
The Michael J Fox Foundation is a great organization and I would encourage everyone to consider donating. https://www.michaeljfox.org/
My father enjoyed dark humor (as do I) and he and my mother would have laughed at that joke. And from what I know about Michael J. Fox, he might have laughed also.
This may sound strange but thank you for the thumbs down.

Funny how you can judge something purely on the surface and then find out there is so much more back-story to it just under the surface.

Shows how we all need to give each other a bit of a pass on here, not sweat the little things, and remember that we don't always know what's going on in people's lives.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

"Was that a nudge or a Parkinson's shake?"
- LD

No it wasn't either, he snorted too much of the coke they found in the Delorean!!

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

So you'd rather it languish around for years and never ship?

DP will have their first pin shipped. The first is always the hardest. And we have all seen WOZ. Whether you like the game or not (I do not), there is no question that it's build quality is better than Stern.

And since the presale model is firmly dead, why would I care how long it takes to ship. I'm not paying until there is a completed game and better to wait for a good, complete game than a rushed out, incomplete piece of crap.

#67 8 years ago

Remake makes no sense, cause that game is not really fun to play.

Bring on a new one. DP or JJP could make it a winner.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

» YouTube video

Larry David has had some great episodes.
He once had an episode with Bill Buckner on where he had to catch a baby. Unless your a Red Sox fan, you may have missed the joke. So it was great of MJF to do this.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

I purchased an arcade machine locally from someone who has been vending arcades and pinball for over 20 years and he had 2 BTTF pins, both signed by Christopher Lloyd (he verified with some pictures of him and chris). He told me that he asked him about why Michael J Fox did not want to be on the machine and Christopher Lloyd's response was that Michael J Fox was really keen on the machine and wanted to be a part of it however his contract with Universal was expired/expiring and he had a new agreement with Warner Bros. to start shooting Doc Hollywood. So it would seem he was really interested but contractual obligations stood in the way. Anybody else heard any different? Seems like the time frames work out alright to me with regards to the production and sales of both the pinball and Doc Hollywood...

Yep that was me and yes he told me personally at b105 competition meet and greet.

#70 8 years ago

Hey mate hope you don't mind me relaying your story

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My father enjoyed dark humor (as do I) and he and my mother would have laughed at that joke.

My dad and I were the same way. He died of cancer in 2010. I've made some cancer jokes here and there since then ... I know my dad would have been cracking up . Some others I know found the jokes not so amusing.

Some people find dark humor funny and know where you are coming from. Its something that always helps me cope. Others don't obviously . It's tough to convey dark humor in real life to say nothing of an internet forum.

#72 8 years ago

I also have a dark sense of humor.

This isn't really all that dark but gives you sense of my day to day humor. I was picking my daughter up from middle school and as we pulled out I looked over at the big sign in front of the school and read out loud "USE KIND WORDS"......I looked at my daughter and said "That's Stupid".

BTW......she's a mini me and laughed her butt off.

7 years later
#73 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I only did the artwork - I do not own a BTTF pinball. If somebody want to do that, just PM me.

I’m PMd you. Are you able to share the translite and playfield files?
I’d like to work on getting one printed and maybe a playfield decal.

3 weeks later
#74 11 months ago
Quoted from BenMielke:

I’m PMd you. Are you able to share the translite and playfield files?
I’d like to work on getting one printed and maybe a playfield decal.

Hope he still has the files!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michael-j-fox-bttf/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.