New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 139831)

Michael J Fox - BTTF

By Gerrard17

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ScreenHunter_15_Oct._02_22.10.jpg
applause.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I purchased an arcade machine locally from someone who has been vending arcades and pinball for over 20 years and he had 2 BTTF pins, both signed by Christopher Lloyd (he verified with some pictures of him and chris). He told me that he asked him about why Michael J Fox did not want to be on the machine and Christopher Lloyd's response was that Michael J Fox was really keen on the machine and wanted to be a part of it however his contract with Universal was expired/expiring and he had a new agreement with Warner Bros. to start shooting Doc Hollywood. So it would seem he was really interested but contractual obligations stood in the way. Anybody else heard any different? Seems like the time frames work out alright to me with regards to the production and sales of both the pinball and Doc Hollywood...

#2 5 years ago

from ipdb,

Michael J. Fox did not allow his likeness to appear on the game. The "Marty McFly" image on the backglass and playfield is artist Paul Faris' son.

that's not very keen.

#3 5 years ago

Always seemed out of character that he wouldn't allow his image on the machine, would make sense that it was a legal issue.

Who wouldn't want to be immortalized on a pinball machine!!

#4 5 years ago

he didnt want it, plain and simple.

we end up with Faris son. at least Lloyd was on there, just not the same though... would have been very cool.

#5 5 years ago

At this point, with all the advances in graphics and programming, I'm surprised that no one has come up with an overlay with MJF image on it. I'm not talking a vendor, but someone who does a custom.

I've kicked it around for awhile to attempt it, but it will be a huge learning curve for me. I love the game simply because I love the movies. Given time, I may attempt a complete reskinning of the game - cabinet, playfield and plastics - to be faithful to the movie.

#6 5 years ago

In the absence of MJF, they should have put the original Marty McFly on there, Eric Stoltz. That would have gone over well.

#7 5 years ago

I've already done that. PF and BB with MJF..

#8 5 years ago

I wonder if Michael J Fox shakes the machine when he plays.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

*rimshot* Ouch.

#11 5 years ago

"Was that a nudge or a Parkinson's shake?"

- LD

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Post some pics!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Let's see it man!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not cool man. You know it was all the time travel that messed him up to begin with...

#15 5 years ago

They should have used this guy...!!!...............Joey

image.jpg

#16 5 years ago

I'm not really disputing if he wanted involvement just sharing a story I heard, seems like there isn't a lot of information behind why he refused it though besides some unverified IPDB reference.

ClarkKent - LETS SEE PICS!?!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Pics or it didn't happen!

#18 5 years ago

Everytime MJF played bttf he tilted, that's why he didn't want to be on the machine

#19 5 years ago

Here you go...

image.jpg

#20 5 years ago

BB (some adjustments pending). It's a 1.3 GB Photoshop file with a scanned backglass.

image.jpg

#21 5 years ago

Wow, very nice. applause.gif

#22 5 years ago

Like to see updated plastics, seems all of them are just wrong. The pink one on " doc", should be his garage or a Doc Brown look. The slings I hate too, Delorian maybe on those. Didn't focus on 1955 enough. There is also to much Bif. Love my game.

#23 5 years ago

WAAAAYYYY too much Biff.

#24 5 years ago

looks awesome CK!

Can you have too much Biff? buttheads.

#25 5 years ago

Anyone who thinks there is too much Biff needs to make like a tree and get out of here

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

Anyone who thinks there is too much Biff needs to make like a tree and get out of here

It's LEAVE you idiot! Make like a tree...and leave! You sound like a damn fool when you say it wrong!

#27 5 years ago

We need this and some new code stat!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

BB (some adjustments pending). It's a 1.3 GB Photoshop file with a scanned backglass.

image.jpg

That looks really good.

Biff is on the BG 4 times. Weird.

#29 5 years ago

This needs a BOF/DMOS treatment...full DMD and rules rewrite.

#30 5 years ago

Agreed, and less Biff! More Delorian!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

To those thumbing me down for my comment.

The official cause on my fathers death certificate was pneumonia. But it was pneumonia caused by Parkinson disease and it mercifully took his life. We as a family but especially my mother nursed him along for over a decade to his final days. Parkinson is a horrible disease make no mistake about it. I have my fingers crossed that no one else in my family will inherit it.

The Michael J Fox Foundation is a great organization and I would encourage everyone to consider donating. https://www.michaeljfox.org/

My father enjoyed dark humor (as do I) and he and my mother would have laughed at that joke. And from what I know about Michael J. Fox, he might have laughed also.

This may sound strange but thank you for the thumbs down.

#32 5 years ago

ClarkKent, that is amazing work you did, wow. Are you planning on removing everything off the playfield and reskinning it, or just carefully cut around the head, pasting it on and clear coat everything to a level finish? Either way sounds like a lot of work but well worth it. That's how the machine should've come. Back glass is top notch too and easier to replace I'd imagine. Well done.

#33 5 years ago

I only did the artwork - I do not own a BTTF pinball. If somebody want to do that, just PM me.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The official cause on my fathers death certificate was pneumonia. But it was pneumonia caused by Parkinson disease and it mercifully took his life. We as a family but especially my mother nursed him along for over a decade to his final days. Parkinson is a horrible disease make no mistake about it. I have my fingers crossed that no one else in my family will inherit it.
The Michael J Fox Foundation is a great organization and I would encourage everyone to consider donating. https://www.michaeljfox.org/
My father enjoyed dark humor (as do I) and he and my mother would have laughed at that joke. And from what I know about Michael J. Fox, he might have laughed also.

I almost considered a thumbs down as my Mother is also in the last stages of Parkinson's. She's had it for 13 years. While it is a terrifying disease, it's almost been a blessing in disguise in the latter years. It's certainly debilitating and there are several progressive stages. Most identify Parkinson's with shaking, but often that subsides in the middle to late years of the disease. My mother did lose the ability to walk about 2 years ago, and the dementia that's coupled with Parkinson's set in about 7 years ago (visions) that has progressively gotten worse. BUT, she still knows her family, and she lives in a world of the past where she joyously talks of my dad still being alive, how they went out dancing last night, or how she has to get the taxes done next week (she was a bookkeeper). It's spared her the loneliness of my Dad's passing and she's mostly happy everyday in her retirement home.

#35 5 years ago

I'd love to get the backglass...How would that even work though (how would it be produced etc)...Same with the insert cover I guess....

#36 5 years ago

Did anybody hear how Michael J. Fox is going to do Marty McFly's voice in the Lego Dimensions game?

http://www.gamesradar.com/lego-dimensions-voice-cast-trailer-michael-j-fox-marty-mcfly/

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

i think people are entitled to express their personal opinion.?

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Then you will like this one.
What are the best things about Alzheimer's?

You can hide your own Easter eggs and every day you meet someone new.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'd love to get the backglass...How would that even work though (how would it be produced etc)...Same with the insert cover I guess....

Printed Translite+new glass cut, mirrored areas left clear then sprayed with mirror paint. You would need a mask layer to keep the light around the actors.

#40 5 years ago

Didn't Christopher Lloyd make it difficult for the Pinball Arcade software group to use his likeness for their artwork of recreating The Addams Family?

Makes you wonder if these guys think that there is a lot of money to be made from pinball merchandising.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Like to see updated plastics, seems all of them are just wrong. The pink one on " doc", should be his garage or a Doc Brown look. The slings I hate too, Delorian maybe on those. Didn't focus on 1955 enough. There is also to much Bif. Love my game.

Then why are you selling it, if you love it.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Didn't Christopher Lloyd make it difficult for the Pinball Arcade software group to use his likeness for their artwork of recreating The Addams Family?
Makes you wonder if these guys think that there is a lot of money to be made from pinball merchandising.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's his management, not Lloyd personally, that held out on the Pinball Arcade TAF deal. He pays his manager 10% so he doesn't have to worry about this shit. I bet at least some actors would respond though if people started asking them at appearances why they were removed from X game.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I wouldn't be shocked if it's his management, not Lloyd personally, that held out on the Pinball Arcade TAF deal. He pays his manager 10% so he doesn't have to worry about this shit. I bet at least some actors would respond though if people started asking them at appearances why they were removed from X game.

It was Raul julia's family I believe, not Christopher llyod

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

They changed Lloyd's likeness on the Pinball arcade table.

#45 5 years ago

Oct 21st, 2015 is right around the corner. I think Nike is going to surprise us with power lacing Nike Mag's.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

i think people are entitled to express their personal opinion.?

I think you missed the joke there....

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

That's what everyone always said in arguments that Pinball Arcade would never get TAF. But then they reached a deal with the Julia estate (hence the Kickstarter), but couldn't get Christopher Lloyd or the kid that played Pugsley to sign and had to change their art.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Get your future clothes now
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

nike released those shoes a while back.... looked kinda cool. some were floating around ebay, but no size15s for me.

ScreenHunter_15 Oct. 02 22.10.jpg

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

nike released those shoes a while back.... looked kinda cool. some were floating around ebay, but no size15s for me.
ScreenHunter_15 Oct. 02 22.10.jpg

Those didn't have power laces, but the designer confirmed in January of this year that Nike was working on a power lacing version to be released this year. Doesn't matter to me though, I won't be able to afford whatever ridiculous price they go for. The version you posted about was a charity so they probably sold for average of $10,000 or more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davie, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canfield, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 21.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Québec, QC
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside