You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4026149D-31BD-4F6E-9AD7-44E706A62952 (resized).jpeg
FCED591A-9F9B-455C-9BDF-FE17BCC694C6 (resized).jpeg
40A18AAA-4424-4338-81D0-0E450403470D (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Just noticed the Twister pin in his background on the new Sammy Hagar & the Circle cover of VH's "Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)", I wonder if he owns any other games.

Bring on that Van Hagar pin!!!

Edit: Just saw the comment that Sammy wrote this about Kurt Cobain's suicide but changed the lyrics eventually. I didn't know that before.

#2 3 years ago

its possible he was given that game as a Van Halen song is in the soundtrack of Twister

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

its possible he was given that game as a Van Halen song is in the soundtrack of Twister

One of the last VH things he played on too

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Shit, I forgot they had a song in that movie as I haven't seen it in forever. Good point.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Shit, I forgot they had a song in that movie as I haven't seen it in forever. Good point.

I was on a flight with Sammy Hagar back in '99 from Cabo San Lucas to SFO. He was one row in front of me, on the opposite side of the aisle, so easy to eavesdrop.

He was traveling with his wife and 2 small kids, but they were seated in front of me. He had a random young-ish woman sitting next to him who was semi star struck with him. He was very nice and engaging in a long conversation with her.

After landing in San Francisco, I walked through the airport remaining 10 feet behind him, watching the faces of people as they walked past us going the other direction.

He was completely anonymous to the public as we walked through the airport with our bags.

#6 3 years ago

I was able to get back stage at a Chickenfoot concert years ago. Sammy spent some time with us, he was great and didn't rush us along at all. I met Satriani previously a few times, I don't recall if I talked to him this time. Michael Anthony was there and nobody was talking to him. I don't know why we didn't say hello, I'm a big fan. I kinda feel guilty about it. Sorry Michael!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I was able to get back stage at a Chickenfoot concert years ago. Sammy spent some time with us, he was great and didn't rush us along at all. I met Satriani previously a few times, I don't recall if I talked to him this time. Michael Anthony was there and nobody was talking to him. I don't know why we didn't say hello, I'm a big fan. I kinda feel guilty about it. Sorry Michael!

Sammy is ABSOLUTELY one of the best humans I've ever met. Just like you said - not in a rush, invited me and a friend to hang out, NBD. Satriani is really really shy, but I've met him a couple times at music industry events, and he's always real generous with his time. Michael - same exact situation as Sammy. Just the best. Can't say I've met the Van Halens, though word on the street is they have some trouble being nice.

Met DLR once too randomly in LA. I'm still trying to figure out what happened.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is funny....Think any interaction with Dave would leave most people asking themselves that very same question.

#9 3 years ago

Humans Being clip from the Twister soundtrack. Hated this tune at first but it seems to have aged well.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

That is funny....Think any interaction with Dave would leave most people asking themselves that very same question.

haha exactly! I later heard this, which is pretty much the same experience:

#11 3 years ago

Everybody wants some Van Halen pinball and I want some too!
Come on Stern give us a break.....

#12 3 years ago

“DLR like a peroxided Mark Twain.” Perfect description by Rollins.

#13 3 years ago

Sammy is a cool dude. And mega rich.

Eddie Van Halen is a douchebag.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

“DLR like a peroxided Mark Twain.” Perfect description by Rollins.

LOL. The basic impression of him: "Woooo! whaaaa! oooh! OOW!!!" cracks me up every time. Rollins is awesome, and hilarious. DLR is awesome, and hilarious.

#15 3 years ago

To quote David Lee “Sammy throws a party, I am the party”
Much rather have the Van HALEN premium over the Van Hagar pro

However ....great opening clip posted by the OP

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Humans Being clip from the Twister soundtrack. Hated this tune at first but it seems to have aged well.

Hey that guy playing guitar is pretty good,the drummer is no slouch either

#17 3 years ago

If there was a rocker I would have the opportunity to meet Sammy would be one of them. Cool dude. I love the VH 5150 album. Whoops, got distracted off Michael Anthony but seems he’s still rockin well!

#18 3 years ago

Nuff said...

40A18AAA-4424-4338-81D0-0E450403470D (resized).jpeg40A18AAA-4424-4338-81D0-0E450403470D (resized).jpeg
#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sammy is ABSOLUTELY one of the best humans I've ever met. Just like you said - not in a rush, invited me and a friend to hang out, NBD. Satriani is really really shy, but I've met him a couple times at music industry events, and he's always real generous with his time. Michael - same exact situation as Sammy. Just the best. Can't say I've met the Van Halens, though word on the street is they have some trouble being nice.

My buddy always told me the funniest story of when his dad, who was a Ford engineer, was staying in Chicago in 1991, temporarily working at the Ford Taurus plant. DLR was staying at the same hotel. One of his co-workers told him that a member of Van Halen was staying at the hotel and pointed him out. My buddy’s dad and his co-worker were both too old to really care about Van Halen, much less be aware that DLR and VH were estranged at the time. Anyway, DLR and my friend’s dad end up in the elevator at some point. Apparently my friend's dad told DLR, “Well, hello Mr. Halen.” To which DLR responded, “Mr. Halen? It’s Diamond Dave, man.” I can totally picture it. To this day, my buddy and I will greet each other with, “Well, hello Mr. Halen.” We laugh every time.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

.... “Well, hello Mr. Halen.” ...

...Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

#21 3 years ago

Pro Sammy thread here I see. The read rocker would be proud to have red these post : )

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Good one. Wonder how many times Waters had to address that question in the early days. That’s why we laugh. There’s many layers to it. First, he assumed that Van Halen was the name of a person like Van Morrison. Plus, 1991 had to be near the height of the animus between DLR and Eddie.

#23 3 years ago

I AM a big Sammy fan but I chose to believe that only the chosen one could resurrect the real Van Halen.

FCED591A-9F9B-455C-9BDF-FE17BCC694C6 (resized).jpegFCED591A-9F9B-455C-9BDF-FE17BCC694C6 (resized).jpeg

Sammy seems to be a good dude just not good enough to run with this devil.

#24 3 years ago

I never liked VH before 5150 and the Sammy years, I wasn't a huge Hagar or Montrose fan but liked them enough. I've since come to appreciate the DLR stuff but Van Hagar is still the best iteration in my opinion. This is kind of like arguing Stern vs B/W so it seems appropriate here.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

My buddy always told me the funniest story of when his dad, who was a Ford engineer, was staying in Chicago in 1991, temporarily working at the Ford Taurus plant. DLR was staying at the same hotel. One of his co-workers told him that a member of Van Halen was staying at the hotel and pointed him out. My buddy’s dad and his co-worker were both too old to really care about Van Halen, much less be aware that DLR and VH were estranged at the time. Anyway, DLR and my friend’s dad end up in the elevator at some point. Apparently my friend's dad told DLR, “Well, hello Mr. Halen.” To which DLR responded, “Mr. Halen? It’s Diamond Dave, man.” I can totally picture it. To this day, my buddy and I will greet each other with, “Well, hello Mr. Halen.” We laugh every time.

LOL I kinda feel bad for Dave in that situation haha

#26 3 years ago

For whatever reason, I never got into the Hagar/Van Halen Material. I had seen the original line up for five tours, but had sort of moved on by the time Sammy joined the band.

Not that I’m not a fan of the Red Rocker. I still have the Hagar Schon Aaronson Shrieve LP he did before the VH gig. There was a lot of talent in that group. I wish they had stayed together long enough to do some proper studio albums and tour more. If you can find a copy of HSAS Through the Fire, it’s definitely worth a listen. I’ve got all of the Chickenfoot stuff, too.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Us and Them
And after all we're only ordinary men
Me, and you
And who knows which is which and who is who
Thumbs Up and Thumbs down
And in the end it's only round and round and round
Dave or Sam
And why must i choose what kind of fan I am
With, without
And who’ll deny that’s what the fightings all about
Drain or Tilt
And as we wish for any Van Halen machine to be built

Prolly gonna regret this pinside mix post in the morning

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

For whatever reason, I never got into the Hagar/Van Halen Material. I had seen the original line up for five tours, but had sort of moved on by the time Sammy joined the band.
Not that I’m not a fan of the Red Rocker. I still have the Hagar Schon Aaronson Shrieve LP he did before the VH gig. There was a lot of talent in that group. I wish they had stayed together long enough to do some proper studio albums and tour more. If you can find a copy of HSAS Through the Fire, it’s definitely worth a listen. I’ve got all of the Chickenfoot stuff, too.

The F.U.C.K. album is REALLY good. Their other stuff, you kind of had to be into it when it came out. "Balance" is just too... "we got a haircut, suit and tie and a real job" for me, even though it's by far the biggest Van Hagar album.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The F.U.C.K. album is REALLY good. Their other stuff, you kind of had to be into it when it came out. "Balance" is just too... "we got a haircut, suit and tie and a real job" for me, even though it's by far the biggest Van Hagar album.

I'll take the second half of the 5150 album all day, any day.

#30 3 years ago

I remember Michael Anthony coming across as a class act (along with Sammy Hagar) at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. I don’t know which was a bigger clusterf*k as a HOF induction,Van Halen or Kiss.

#31 3 years ago

I’ve heard all of the Van Hagar radio hits, and then some. Fair Warning was their high water mark for me. I stuck around for the next two, but that was it. To be honest, even though I saw the tour, I didn’t even buy 1984 until the last year or so. It’s ok I guess.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

I AM a big Sammy fan but I chose to believe that only the chosen one could resurrect the real Van Halen.
[quoted image]
Sammy seems to be a good dude just not good enough to run with this devil.

daves great too, but I like van hagar a little more.

#33 3 years ago

5150 may be the greatest rock album of my lifetime.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

5150 may be the greatest rock album

Good enough

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Great album!

4026149D-31BD-4F6E-9AD7-44E706A62952 (resized).jpeg4026149D-31BD-4F6E-9AD7-44E706A62952 (resized).jpeg
#36 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I was on a flight with Sammy Hagar back in '99 from Cabo San Lucas to SFO. He was one row in front of me, on the opposite side of the aisle, so easy to eavesdrop.
He was traveling with his wife and 2 small kids, but they were seated in front of me. He had a random young-ish woman sitting next to him who was semi star struck with him. He was very nice and engaging in a long conversation with her.
After landing in San Francisco, I walked through the airport remaining 10 feet behind him, watching the faces of people as they walked past us going the other direction.
He was completely anonymous to the public as we walked through the airport with our bags.

Stalk much?

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

daves great too, but I like van haggar a little more.

I prefer jeans

( “haggar” are men’s slacks)

All in fun

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michael-anthony-bassist-likes-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.