• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 days ago by The--Who
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Mibs Gottlieb, 1969

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).PNG
CC4EC8AA-4E55-4AB2-9AB6-6F0A3ABE49FB (resized).jpeg
EEC7AE32-2CC4-405A-B8A5-907E8545CDA2 (resized).jpeg

#1 61 days ago

Being an absolute amateur pinball technician, I was so proud that I was able to clean up the Jones connectors this weekend and get my newly acquired MIBS up and running 100%........until this morning.

The upper two rollovers give me a marble and 500 points, but they continue to stay lit and give me a marble every time I pass through them. (I’m still trying to get to the burnt bulb on the right). On the bright side, I am getting 12 marbles almost every game, but it’s not much fun.

Any ideas an novice can handle?
Thanks,
Denny

EEC7AE32-2CC4-405A-B8A5-907E8545CDA2 (resized).jpeg
#2 61 days ago

Are there double switches under each? If so, clean and ensure that they're properly gapped.

#3 61 days ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Are there double switches under each? If so, clean and ensure that they're properly gapped.

I think it may be the position of this bank of switches under those two lights. In another post I questioned about how to get to that one bulb that need changed. Someone replied that loosening the wing-nuts on the end of the bank would swing the unit out of the way.

I turned the right wing it a half a twist last night and thought better of it. Originally this morning the scoring was going haywire giving me 5000 points for a rollover and even giving me points when the ball went into the return hole. I thought back about turning that wing nut and turned it again, with everything retuning to normal except for the two top rollovers.

There are 12 contacts on that bar which I am guessing send the signal from the 12 rollovers to shoot a marble into the rack. I’m thinking that bank is off a hair somehow and not closing off those rollovers.

CC4EC8AA-4E55-4AB2-9AB6-6F0A3ABE49FB (resized).jpeg
#4 60 days ago
Quoted from The--Who:

think it may be the position of this bank of switches under those two lights.

I don't have the schematic for this game, but if you look at the left side (6v. - lights) and find the lights for those two it will tell what controls them.

#5 60 days ago

The wingnuts simply fit into mounting slots. Make sure you loosen them and then retighten them while pushing the unit hard into the slots so it is fully seated. If the bank isn't fully seated you will get all manner of problems with the relay bank.

#6 60 days ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

The wingnuts simply fit into mounting slots. Make sure you loosen them and then retighten them while pushing the unit hard into the slots so it is fully seated. If the bank isn't fully seated you will get all manner of problems with the relay bank.

That’s what I’m hoping. I had to step away from it for a day. It went bonkers when I originally turned the wing nut a half turn and corrected everything but those two rollovers when I turned it back. I think it’s just not seated in there quite right, as it was all working previously.

#7 60 days ago

So, the control for those ROs is in that bank. Check the sw. for cleanliness and proper gap. And when you're reseating the bank, hold it in the middle after getting the nuts in place so it doesn't twist.

Capture (resized).PNG
#8 59 days ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

You nailed it, currieddog.
I swung that bank down to change that burnt bulb and then pushed the middle of the bank bar firmly and tightened the wing nuts. All the rollover lights were going out when I touched them, so I put everything back together.

I’m playing my first game and I look up and see that no marbles are going into the back glass.....was so excited the rollover lights were going out I forgot to check that part....lol. Opened it back up and adjusted the swing bank until it contacted correctly. You were right, if that bank is not snugged in there just right the machine does some strange stuff.

Thanks for all your help and Happy New Year!!!!

Denny

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Apparel - Unisex
PinShades
$ 245.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 11,500.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 12.00
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 159.00
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.00
$ 625.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside