(Topic ID: 183395)

Miami Beach

By BingoButch

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC05346 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Looking for a Miami Beach back glass with the numbers. Can't seem to find the ones we had ?

#2 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure I have one Butch. Might take a few days of looking though.

#3 7 years ago

Thank you so much Dennis. Either I have to move to Saint Louis or your gonna have to come back east to far away from each other

#4 7 years ago

If Dennis can't help you with the numbers glass, check out Dutch collector Coos, who has reproduced many bingo backglasses in true silvered mirror-lines. I also own Miami Beach, and got both a reproduction backglass and inner numbers panel from him. The numbers panel runs about 75 euro, so it could be your backup if you can't find anything locally.

#6 7 years ago

Butch - Here is a little more info in case you decide to go the route of ordering a reproduction. The numbers panel arrived taped to my reproduction Miami Beach backglass. I need to supply a glass panel and then adhere what Coos calls a "foil" to the glass. He has a video on his web site showing how this is done - basically with soapy water and a squeegee. I have not yet done so because I have an original numbers panel in the game that is quite acceptable. For those who haven't seen Miami Beach, there is no silvering in the numbers panel, so the foil provides a good likeness of the original. My original numbers panel is slightly lighter in tone, but that could be 60 years of exposure to light. I had my backglass 3 days after it left Holland via FedEx. The price of a new silvered backglass is reasonable compared with the infrequent NOS glasses that show up on eBay. The insured shipping is quite stout for a backglass, but should be reasonable for the numbers foil, which I believe would be shipped in a tube.

Link to Coos' price list and video showing foil installation:

http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/backglasses.html

DSC05346 (resized).jpgDSC05346 (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

Sorry Butch. I must have gotten rid of mine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miami-beach?hl=bingobutch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.