(Topic ID: 42903)

MGC Update - Certain things running low...

By goatdan

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gr3456
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Checking our ticket pages, we are starting to run really low on a lot of things that pinball people are generally interested in... So, if you are interested in any of the following, head to http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/tickets and get them *now*. We believe that all of these will sell out:

- Tom Taylor's Tour - Play over 300 machines as you check out Tom's amazing collection of everything from EVERY Gottlieb wedge head ever made to dot matrix games. Less than 15 spaces left!

- Friday Night Clock Chaos - This is a one-shot tournament to see how you stack up against others in a bunch of games! Less than 10 spots remain.

- MPC Early Entry - Buy 10 entries so that when we open the tournament early on Friday, you get to play at a discount! You must play Friday night. Just 2 spots remain.

- Hotel Reservations - If you don't have these yet, it's actually too late (the ENTIRE Sheraton is sold out)! But, we got another hotel in town with a great rate that will deliver you to the Sheraton's front doors. Get your rooms there now for the second best option!

#2 11 years ago

The friggen hotel is sold out? wth prolly not going to bring any games then if i have to leave the location

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hellfire:

The friggen hotel is sold out? wth prolly not going to bring any games then if i have to leave the location

Location is secure. Nothing to worry about. Other hotels are nearby.

#4 11 years ago

No worries might get there next year I have done nothing but live and breath pinball since september and am currently @ the shark club where i have 70+ games to play at will until at least the 18th including all the new sterns and WOZ already.
    Dont feel like traveling all over to another hotel with party and kid then worry about my machines.
    Just saves me running may ass off to get the machines shopped and ready for the show when i get back.

#5 11 years ago

I just barely got a room. The next day they were sold out at Sheraton. I am too much of a procrastinator.

#6 11 years ago

Yeah, sorry - the hotel with transportation is the best that we could do. We sold out the hotel last year too, but it was about a week out instead of two and a half. Having said that, the hotel nearby is great and with the transportation option there, you get almost the same deal there that you would here. It's the best that I can do

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hellfire:

Is this really a fair thing to say? Do you sit with your games in the gameplay area the entire weekend if you're there? In your room, is in your room, not with the games. No matter if it's down the hall or down the street.

#8 11 years ago

Call every day to see if there are any cancellations. There always are.

#9 11 years ago

See not having room in hotel meens no parts on location or tools etc then even if i attend party kid cant even goto room early, honestly dont even think im going to the show anymore.
    Im in Michigan and have access to 70+ machines here already Ill stay here and get paid to work on em and play em free instead of paying to participate at the MGC or run may ass off when i get back home to Wisconsin to try and bring games to the MGC that i cant even have the stuff on location to repair if they have problems.
    Costs me $500min to be at show If i dont have to rush home to get machines shopped etc for show i can stay here still play all the same machines and make $$ instead
    I had enough problems last year with the machine I brought and im not going to run all over town to get tools etc to keep it running for the show so yes being on location or not is a deal breaker for me, that and if my son wants to goto bed at 8-9 i cant even attend the after party im not going to send him to another hotel alone so i can have my fun

#10 11 years ago

Again, don't know what to say here. Sorry the show is popular? There really isn't a hotel with more rooms that we can move to, so I think that having two event hotels will be the new norm

#11 11 years ago

You did tell people a while back to reserve their rooms, that they would most likely sell out well before the show .

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hellfire:

See not having room in hotel meens no parts on location or tools etc then even if i attend party kid cant even goto room early, honestly dont even think im going to the show anymore.
    Im in Michigan and have access to 70+ machines here already Ill stay here and get paid to work on em and play em free instead of paying to participate at the MGC or run may ass off when i get back home to Wisconsin to try and bring games to the MGC that i cant even have the stuff on location to repair if they have problems.
    Costs me $500min to be at show If i dont have to rush home to get machines shopped etc for show i can stay here still play all the same machines and make $$ instead
    I had enough problems last year with the machine I brought and im not going to run all over town to get tools etc to keep it running for the show so yes being on location or not is a deal breaker for me, that and if my son wants to goto bed at 8-9 i cant even attend the after party im not going to send him to another hotel alone so i can have my fun

Did you try calling the hotel? After it was announced as sold out, my buddy called and still got a room.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Again, don't know what to say here. Sorry the show is popular? There really isn't a hotel with more rooms that we can move to, so I think that having two event hotels will be the new norm

Not your fault. If someone is coming and bringing games. They should have reserved a room when they decided to do this. Not wait until the last week.

LTG : )

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Did you try calling the hotel? After it was announced as sold out, my buddy called and still got a room.

Always call during business hours so you don't get a person not at the hotel. ( though I would check right now ).

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hellfire:

You have friends there ? Store tools in their room.

Not go to the show anymore, because of your screw up ? That's kind of harsh. And only hurts you.

#16 11 years ago

Oh yes, I did not get a room at the deal price in the block MGC had. I had to get one of the more expensive rooms. it was like 109 instead of 89.

I thought the whole sheraton was sold out, not just the mgc block

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

I thought the whole sheraton was sold out, not just the mgc block

That's correct, unless you got an upgraded room that just opened up.

The MGC has sold out the Sheraton. Our block is the entire hotel

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You have friends there ? Store tools in their room.

Not go to the show anymore, because of your screw up ? That's kind of harsh. And only hurts you.

It dont matter its my machines, my call, and my fault. I should have booked earlier but its ok it just saves me a bunch of work and money in the end realy. Like i said im at the shark club another week i can play all i want here free and stay longer now i dont have to burn my time running home to shop out my machines to bring to the MGC also making money to work on these machines.
    Its my favorite show. but due to being by Howell and Ann Arbor nowdays seemingly monthly, it opens the door for other shows like MPE and Kalamazoo instead. so its no major loss in the end for me just 2 less machines at the show which it sounds like they already have more than they need .

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hellfire:

which it sounds like they already have more than they need .

Not true. We NEVER have more than we need.

1 week later
    #20 11 years ago

Looks like Friday is soldout! Going to be a fun weekend!

#21 11 years ago

What's sold out? The tourneys?

#22 11 years ago

I would guess the Friday night event at that guys house with all the pinball machines.

#23 11 years ago

The Sheraton must not be completely booked. I was just able to get a room for Friday night through Priceline.

#24 11 years ago

This is a great problem to have. I only wish I could have contributed to the hotel sellout this year, but alas won't be able to attend.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

What's sold out? The tourneys?

Yup. 100%.

Quoted from Overphase:

The Sheraton must not be completely booked. I was just able to get a room for Friday night through Priceline.

Friday is not. Saturday is, although there has been a few drop outs.

#26 11 years ago

Dan,

I have a question. I pre ordered two of the shirts that had to be ordered by the 13th. I paid through PayPal. I printed off my receipt to pick them up at the show, and my receipt shows one shirt. I paid for 2, and can print the PayPal receipt. Should I bring that, to ensure I get my two shirts? Thanks,

Bill

#27 11 years ago

Use the contact form to contact us. The main show co-organizer Gary is the one that actually handles that, and he'll know best how to reply. I'm not exactly sure, myself.

#28 11 years ago

Why were tickets to Tom's place limited this year? I've gone the last 2 years and I don't remember any big crowds, problems or waiting on games there. It is a shame that some people who have never been will miss out on his place due to the limits.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Why were tickets to Tom's place limited this year? I've gone the last 2 years and I don't remember any big crowds, problems or waiting on games there. It is a shame that some people who have never been will miss out on his place due to the limits.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure last year was the first year for Tom's...

Jaz

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure last year was the first year for Tom's...
    Jaz

You're right. The year before that I was invited over there with Dennis Nordman and a few other people. That was the first time I was there, but it was not an official MGC event then. Forgot about that.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

It is a shame that some people who have never been will miss out on his place due to the limits.

It sold out last year too. Tom has a certain limit that he is comfortable with. He's not a business or a show, he's a collector. I am just glad that he allows anyone to come over and visit, and yeah - sorry if people didn't get in on it, but that is why we tell people up front to pre-order those quickly, as they do sell out.

#32 11 years ago

If anybody has extra tickets... I could use 3..I have people coming in from out of town so I just
    found out I have a need for 3 tickets.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-update-certain-things-running-low and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.