Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 500 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150411_GaryStern.jpg
    image.jpg
    MGC 2015 049.jpg
    MGC 2015 048.jpg
    MGC 2015 046.jpg
    20150412_164320-953.jpg
    20150412_164344.jpg
    IMAG0961.jpg
    IMAG0965.jpg
    IMAG0963.jpg
    IMAG0964.jpg
    mgc prep 001.JPG
    037.JPG
    028.JPG
    006.JPG
    005-438.JPG
    There are 500 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 9 years ago
    Quoted from PaulyB18:

Probably bringing DM, JD, or maybe SOF... Not sure yet.

If you're taking nominations, I vote for SoF. I've been wanting to spend some time on that one...

Jaz

#252 9 years ago

I also vote SOF just so we can hear many "LIONMAN" ing throughout the event!

#253 9 years ago

Bringing Banzai Run, NFS

#254 9 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

Bringing Banzai Run, NFS

Ok, that's awesome. Haven't played that game in quite a while!

Jaz

#255 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure I'm going to bring my Johnny Mnenonic (possibly with ColorDMD). NFS

#256 9 years ago

Just wanted to say I am, getting SUPER pumped to hang out with all you guys next week. Going to be a blast!

#257 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just wanted to say I am, getting SUPER pumped to hang out with all you guys next week. Going to be a blast!

SAME! I'll be looking out for a guy dressed as duffman and watching out for some dude who wants to punch me in the nuts! My first MGC, i'm doubting i'll leave dissapointed

#258 9 years ago

I am not bringing a pin, but I am bringing my Neo Geo Mini. NFS.
    -Kyros

#259 9 years ago

I am getting less pumped about my dumbass bet with Korn, losing 3k on Predator and the added humilation of whatever shirt he has come up with for me to wear. Just hoping the shirt does not get me any nut punches. I think he toned it down from his first iteration which I was told by others would have gotten me beat and tossed in jail...

#260 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

As it gets closer I'm getting super pumped as well! My favorite show by far and tons of great friends to hang out with and geek out on pinball for a weekend!

Quoted from Whysnow:

I am getting less pumped about my dumbass bet with Korn, losing 3k on Predator and the added humilation of whatever shirt he has come up with for me to wear. Just hoping the shirt does not get me any nut punches. I think he toned it down from his first iteration which I was told by others would have gotten me beat and tossed in jail...

I'm hoping Korn takes it easy on you as well and hope there is some positive news regarding refunds before then... You gotta figure a vast majority of the cash is still there. It's just a matter of figuring out how to clear up the mess and get it back to the rightful owners. I'm super bummed for you as I was really looking forward to you getting the game.

#261 9 years ago

Time Machine has been sold and will not be at MGC, sorry guys.

#262 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Ha! On that note I got the shirt proof the other day, and holy she-at... No worries though; nobody is going to be punching you in the nuts over this shirt. Pointing and laughing yeah, temporary blindness maybe, nut punching not so much. It's a family friendly all in good fun event after all!

(I kept in mind that anything you'd have to wear *I'd* have to look at all day Saturday as well!)

#263 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Time Machine has been sold and will not be at MGC, sorry guys.

Dammit, I knew that would happen.

#264 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheKorn:

Ha! On that note I got the shirt proof the other day, and holy she-at... No worries though; nobody is going to be punching you in the nuts over this shirt. Pointing and laughing yeah, temporary blindness maybe, nut punching not so much. It's a family friendly all in good fun event after all!
    (I kept in mind that anything you'd have to wear *I'd* have to look at all day Saturday as well!)

"I got screwed by Kevin Kulek and I didn't even get a reach around" ?

#265 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry dude... no sympathy here. You were pretty darn confident and stuck your neck out pretty far. "You pays your money and you takes your chances."

But you put your "money" where your mouth was so I give you props there, you were just wrong (*REALLY* wrong)...

Jaz

#266 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Sorry dude... no sympathy here. You were pretty darn confident and stuck your neck out pretty far. "You pays your money and you takes your chances."
    But you put your "money" where your mouth was so I give you props there, you were just wrong (*REALLY* wrong)...
    Jaz

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the sound of a knife being twisted. LOL

#267 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Jaz

yup, VERY wrong. I am not sure if I could be more wrong actually.

I do however reserve the right to hand out nut punches to those twisting the knife
    I am guessing my hurt pride is not going to sting nearly as much as the evaporated 3k...

#268 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kyrosfear:

I am not bringing a pin, but I am bringing my Neo Geo Mini. NFS.
    -Kyros

Nice, I always wanted to see one of those minis in person, what games you putting in it?

#269 9 years ago

I'm going to bring my data east star wars. Looking to buy a wcs94, demo man, possibly a fish tales.

i have 2 cracked bumper caps. So if anyone has 2 extras they want to sell. Or i should be able to get some from a vendor.

#270 9 years ago
    Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Nice, I always wanted to see one of those minis in person, what games you putting in it?

I am not quite sure actually. I will probably just throw my 161-in-1 cart in there so people can play whatever they want. Currently it has Metal Slug and Windjammers in it.
    -Kyros

#271 9 years ago

I'll be bringing Funhouse, AC/DC premium, and maybe whitewater

#272 9 years ago

A Stern H-D for play and sale.

#273 9 years ago

I would bring a machine if I had one (next year hopefully). Looking to be a great lineup. Thank you everyone for your generosity.

#274 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

next year hopefully.

there is no 'hopefully', only do fully!

#275 9 years ago

Just had a baby!!! Hoping to sneak out for a couple hours on Sunday right when the show opens to feed the addiction. We'll see if the baby cooperates with my plans. Looking to add to my collection, mostly interested in DMD, I'll keep an eye on this post

#276 9 years ago

First time coming to MGC, missed it the last couple years because of work. So hoping to meet some great pin heads and play some machines I never have. Who knows maybe I'll bring some of my "retro" stuff to try and sell to increase the pin fund. They frown upon people selling that don't have a booth? Do the people with booth's look to buy as well?

#277 9 years ago

I think I'm going to bring my Star Trek Premium to the show. It is playing great with the new code.

As a side note, I have a DE Star Trek ($1750) and a Solar City ($800) for sale and could possibly bring one of them Friday to the show, but they would need to be picked up Saturday morning at the latest since I don't have a ride for them back home. I won't be setting them up at the show though. More info on these games on the CL ads:

appleton.craigslist.org link

appleton.craigslist.org link

#278 9 years ago
    Quoted from dave2236:

I'm going to bring my data east Star Wars. Looking to buy a wcs94, demo man, possibly a Fish Tales.
    i have 2 cracked bumper caps. So if anyone has 2 extras they want to sell. Or i should be able to get some from a vendor.

Are you going to have time to play anything or will you be a vendor again this year?

#279 9 years ago

Anyone know if there will be any vendors doing board repair? Sorry if wrong thread but not sure where to ask.

#280 9 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

Anyone know if there will be any vendors doing board repair? Sorry if wrong thread but not sure where to ask.

Art,
    Rob Anthony will be there.

#281 9 years ago

Will be bringing DESW. Tentatively sold.

#282 9 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

a little more detail.

www.lockwhenlit.com

contact Rob and let him know in advance what you are bringing him for repair. He will have his own room off to the side (was down the long hallway last year).

Rob is pretty much one of the best board guys out there IMHO. Great work and reasonably priced.

He recently resurrected an expensive board for me that is other wise not available elsewhere. great dude!

#283 9 years ago

Update: Flash Gordon has been sold.

#284 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Update: Flash Gordon has been sold.

You sell both games before MGC . what are you bringing now ? Maybe you should overprice the next choice , so it will at least make it MGC .

#285 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Ditto.

#286 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I hope I get to play it before it's bought, folded up and trucked out.

Quoted from FrankJ:

+1 on Time Machine. It has been a few years since I've played one. Wish I had room....

As you guys are close to me, if you want to play a Time Machine let me know as you're welcome to come and play mine anytime you like.

Dave

#287 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

a little more detail.
    http://www.lockwhenlit.com
    contact Rob and let him know in advance what you are bringing him for repair. He will have his own room off to the side (was down the long hallway last year).
    Rob is pretty much one of the best board guys out there IMHO. Great work and reasonably priced.
    He recently resurrected an expensive board for me that is other wise not available elsewhere. great dude!

He'll be in the same room this year as last (ie: down hallway just inside the hotel after coming from the vendor hall/tent)...

Jaz

#288 9 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

First time coming to MGC, missed it the last couple years because of work. So hoping to meet some great pin heads and play some machines I never have. Who knows maybe I'll bring some of my "retro" stuff to try and sell to increase the pin fund. They frown upon people selling that don't have a booth? Do the people with booth's look to buy as well?

First Q: No, we don't frown up on it. But, you're not really going to be able to setup anything though. But, if you're just trying to talk with people and find a buyer, no problem.
    Second Q: I'm not sure there will be any vendors buying. But, I know there has been a few guys in the past who wheel and deal... especially if you're looking to trade stuff towards another purchase.

Jaz

#289 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Dammit, I knew that would happen.

It will still be there and on the floor assuming I can take care of the last 5% that Jetzxi was referring to in his 95% sure of it being there

#290 9 years ago

Flash Gordon was never going into the hall but Time Machine was and I have a pretty good feeling that the new owner will have it there, so all should be good.

I am bringing my Stern 24.

#291 9 years ago

Ah there ya go.....he beat me to it!

#292 9 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

Are you going to have time to play anything or will you be a vendor again this year?

Vending again as usual. Same room as last year. Down the hallway by the elevators. We are also going to be open Friday night from 6pm to 10pm as part of the vig pass.

I really want to play some different pins and buy something new for the collection. But time is always an issue. So i may go pin shopping Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

#293 9 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

They frown upon people selling that don't have a booth? Do the people with booth's look to buy as well?

To expand on what Keith said a bit...

If you pull up a table or sit down on the ground and spend the entire day selling stuff, we do frown on that. We can't having non-vendors acting as vendors or else the people that pay to vend aren't going to be happy. If you are carrying around a bag of stuff and you're talking with someone, no worries.

Many vendors do buy at the show. In fact, most of them do. Time-wise I'd suggest doing that, as you'll get to see a lot more of the show

#294 9 years ago

Or just tell everyone here what you are selling and you can meet in the pArking lot with the items that people want.

#295 9 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Or just tell everyone here what you are selling and you can meet in the pArking lot with the items that people want.

I have bought a ton that way. Populated playfeild, translights etc. I have also sold a bit in the parking lot.
    Anyone need a metal ball box from a garlando foosball without the shutter? I might just have to scrap it. Or a powers up but no read coinop alcohol tester?
    Fortytwo

#296 9 years ago

Ya was not planning on the "acting like a vendor". Simply wanted to know if the "hey I have this, you interested?" type of sale was ok. So sounds good, thanks for the info.

#297 9 years ago

Looks like TBL will be there! Awesome, I've been wanting to get a peek at that...

#298 9 years ago
    Quoted from damageinc55:

Looks like TBL will be there! Awesome, I've been wanting to get a peek at that...

Is this confirmed? That would rule. I really like this machine. Even with the poor code right now the game is just "the dude" cool.

#299 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Is this confirmed? That would rule. I really like this machine. Even with the poor code right now the game is just "the dude" cool.

Posted on the MGC Facebook page. So, yeah.

There are 500 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-the-official-what-are-you-bringingselling-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.