Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I was speaking to gentleman last night about going to MGC and he informed me that there is usually not a lot going on on Sunday because a lot has already been sold or people are going home. Sunday is the only day I can make it up, my question is, is it still worth attending?

#2 11 years ago

Sure it's definitely still worth attending, but Saturday is better usually.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    314-766-4587

#3 11 years ago

I'll be there. I plan on leaving around 1pm.

#4 11 years ago

Last year was my first time going, sunday was family day/half price tickets if I recall properly and was quite crowded, lots of kids there and I took my boy too. Not sure how the saturday crowd was...

#5 11 years ago

Yeah, it's still half price, another reason that drew me to Sunday. I just hope there are still pins to play on Sunday!

#6 11 years ago

I'd say at least 80% of the games are still there on sunday.

#7 11 years ago

Sunday is not the ghost town some other shows are. I would say Dave is right that at least 80% stick around until the bitter end. As soon as the power is cut, it's a mad house of tear-down.

#8 11 years ago

I think MGC is well known for still having lots to do on Sunday.

#9 11 years ago

Is there anything happening on Friday?

#10 11 years ago

Glad to hear Sunday still has some awesome left in it. I won't get there till mid day sat and was hoping Sunday had plenty to do.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Is there anything happening on Friday?

Oh yes. Tom's 300 + machine tour..........drinking..............setting up........some tournaments...........drinking.

#12 11 years ago

Also don't forget about drinking.. I think they do some Karaoke at the bar Friday night. It makes for some good natured fun.

Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Oh yes. Tom's 300 + machine tour..........drinking..............setting up........some tournaments...........drinking.

#13 11 years ago

There have been years in the past where Sunday was much thinner. But, in the last couple years, there was a lot less buying on Saturday so there was still a ton of games there on Sunday.

#14 11 years ago

Yeah, it depends on what happens in the way of buying and selling. Generally, people don't tear down unless they have to leave early. We also ask people not get the additional machine rewards if the machines don't stay, so a lot of them do.

A majority of the show stays though. While stuff can leave the arcade room, our community rooms (with over 50 machines themselves, although mostly vids from two different arcades) and our museum rooms with 150+ consoles stay hooked up and playing until 5pm. We have a bevy of speakers on Sunday too, and the vendors generally stick around until at least 4pm.

#15 11 years ago

Both my games will be there till close on sunday .

#16 11 years ago

Games stayed mostly till the end on Sunday. One of my buddies got a good deal one year buying a game that did not sell. It was pretty packed last year both Sat & Sunday. I plan on keeping my game on Sunday.

#17 11 years ago

If anyone went on Sunday based solely on my recommendation, i just wanted to state i had no idea there were going to be that many people. If it is cold and dreary next year, i would expect similar turnout and would advise against if crowds aren't your thing.

#18 11 years ago

I had to pack up at 230 on Sunday. I was beat, wife was beat, and the dogs needed more attention.

I just could not hold out any longer. If I did not need to start my new job today then I would have had off all day Monday and would have stayed till the end.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-sunday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.