4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinballKen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Thank you all,

Dan

Tully

and everyone who I do not know by name, but SHOULD, and will in the future.
    You all pulled off an event that took considerable effort, and deserve so many accolades. Myself, who won a great weekend, my girlfriend who won the cosplay female event as Luci and friend Ben Granger who won the tournament, all walked away feeling on cloud 9.
    Some conditions were not perfect, but I would never expect them to be. I left with more friends than I arrived, and was impressed with how well coordinated the event was.
    Chris was attentive to help me set up my two machines, and Keith assisted me in minding a cocktail table and striking my machines.
    Also, during the after-party, one of my machines had a spinner lying on the playfield. No sooner had I pulled the glass, there was an MGC staff volunteer immediately present to ask me if I needed any help, and because of him, my spinner was successfully repaired and installed well and quickly.

There have been some lingering irritations people have brought up, and it's a shame; I understand why, but as a person who coordinates public functions, directs theatrical productions, this trumps any of my capacity or ability to create an incredibly memorable event. I believe the MGC crew has everything under control, and will create an even better event next year, as it continues to grow. One friend of mine mentioned how it seemed almost too good; like I'm coming down from some high and going through withdrawal--which may in-part be what some of the irritation backlash is stemming from. We are all coming down, and wish it didn't end.
    I can only speak for myself in this measure; but I want to create a strictly positive thread for the MGC staff, volunteers, coordinators, and administrators.

You have all left me feeling even better about games! For want of a better way to express my gratitude:

THANK YOU ALL!

#2 4 years ago

oh look another MGC thread.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Thank you for your comment

#4 4 years ago

L_satan you summed it up with your post , MGC was awesome
    And I know that you started this thread because some other threads had some negativity , let's keep this one posative . Mgc rocked , thank to everyone involved and everyone that brought games . And thank you L_satan for this thread I owe you a high five for sure.

#5 4 years ago

Thank you for coming and I'm glad you had a good time. That's what makes all the effort we put in worthwhile. Is was a pleasure meeting both of you. I give you guys a lot of props for sticking it out right until the end well after most of the MN contingent had pulled out.

Hope to see you guys back next year!
    Jaz

#6 4 years ago

It was my first time and I had a blast.
    From what I remember anyway........
    -Kyros

#7 4 years ago

I definately agree with the coming down part.

I barely slept all weekend as I was on a Bender of natural good times from MGC. Monday was a hell of a come down. I am already looking forward to next year!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Speaks volumes about what a great show it is. Couldn't agree more about that "comedown" feeling. Looking forward to next year and glad we have so many events year round now to tie me over!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.95
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 14.95
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 26.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    € 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside