(Topic ID: 88107)

MGC Post Show Shirts

By goatdan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shirts.png
    #1 10 years ago

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm looking to sell some shirts to raise some money for the show. Here's my hope - if I can sell at least $2,000 worth of stuff, we can get some new / better shelving and containers for storage for the TVs we store and Doc Oct, and I can pay off some bills without dipping into the bank account.

Full disclosure - the show will have made some money this year. Not much, mind you, but some. The thing is that every year, the budget balloons and it makes it even more dangerous to try to break even. One thing that if we do the show again I want to really make sure is that the budget does not continue to expand next year at least. The above stuff is stuff that we need to do and would normally go into the budget for next year.

What usually happens is that we complete a year, we "make" say $5,000 (where this year will likely end up) and then we respond by raising the budget like we did this year, by more than $30,000, completely negating "making" anything and making the stakes that much higher.

So how can you help? Buy a shirt or two! Shirts are $25 for one, $45 for two, $60 for three and then $20 for each additional shirt after that. I can also throw in either Tilt: The Battle to Save Pinball or Star Worlds Arcade Documentaries for $15 apiece. I may also have the 6 dice "MGC" sets, they would be $10 for a set.

The first design (Cartridges) comes as pictured, or also in yellow on grey. The second design with the logo with pinballs we also have on grey. The "flipper" design we also have in grey with a light blue accent, and the "show logo" we have in three different colors, I believe purple, green and red. All of those come in sizing from small to 4X. We also have a couple women's shirts (I know at least the center design) and kids sizing there. The far right shirt comes as kid sizes, and I believe also comes in blue.

I may not be able to ship for a week or so, but your ordering would *greatly* help us make a decision toward next year. $2,000 is a pretty lofty goal, but I think we can get there.

Questions? I'll do my best to answer here. Ready to buy? My email address is loosen at goatstore dot com and I can direct you where to pay from there. I'll check back here for any questions and I will update where we're at.

Oh, finally - seriously, don't just donate any money to this. If you want to donate $100, pick five shirts that you can give away and get five shirts. I feel odd about just taking money because even if we don't run this much like a business, it is still a business at the end of the day.

shirts.pngshirts.png
    #2 10 years ago

message sent.

a lot of us are here to help you. use us as you see fit.

#3 10 years ago

Message sent. I like those pinball shirts.

#4 10 years ago

PM sent

#5 10 years ago

Bump, and order sent.

#6 10 years ago

What sort of shelving are you getting? Might be cheaper to get a buttload of 2x4's and plywood and build your own. I might be able to assist depending on when it could be done, Im kinda swamped right now....

#7 10 years ago

Email sent

#8 10 years ago

While I like the design that says 'games older then me', I can't buy that shirt, since pretty sure there weren't any. Guess I'll have to go with another design.

#9 10 years ago

What sort of shelving are you getting? Might be cheaper to get a buttload of 2x4's and plywood and build your own. I might be able to assist depending on when it could be done, Im kinda swamped right now....

Ping to this.

Looks like I'll be a free agent for about 20 days in July after I help Ralphwiggum do some flooring.

I'll hit you up Dan. Happy to sweat it out for a few days to help forward the MGC cause.

Although I couldn't make it this year I would say that you have reached the top of the game for MGC. Make some of the smaller improvements for next year and let it live at the level it's at for a year or 2. We all love the show and besides more pin vendors I think most agree the show is top notch.

Chris

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

While I like the design that says 'games older then me', I can't buy that shirt, since pretty sure there weren't any. Guess I'll have to go with another design.

I think those are for kids 12 and under.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I think those are for kids 12 and under.

Should be for everyone though , I brought a game that is older than me .

#12 10 years ago

Brief updates...

We're sitting at almost exactly $1000 so far, thanks a TON! That will be a huge help. I'd love to get the rest of the way.

The shelving that I want to get, some might work with plywood (And I might just be taking some of us up on building it!), but in particular Doc Oct(s) is like a metric ton - seriously, it's probably relatively close to that - and I want to find a decent way to store it. That would probably need to be metal.

I'm really hoping to get people that would be willing to help paint the video game boxes too. That is probably the bigger task. That, and cleaning out storage so that we aren't taking cases of completely non-essential stuff, like seems to happen every year, and spending a bunch to buy stuff we already have.

Thanks again, everyone

#13 10 years ago

I can help with manual labor of building or painting if you get a day organized. With drive time a consideration I would prefer to work a good portion so I am not spending more time driving than getting crap done. I can take a day of PTO to shoot over.

Do you have all supplies ready to paint and a place to do it?

#14 10 years ago

I don't yet have the supplies. My hope is that we can do it in the parking lot of storage, as the boxes are huge and it's a whole bunch. I was planning on buying the supplies when it gets closer to actually being time to make it happen

#15 10 years ago

load up a pic of the boxes when you get a chance. I could possibly bring a spray rig if needed?

Flanker is a hot shot painter and I used to run a painting business. Maybe the 2 of us could crack them all out quick depending on what they are and needs to be done?

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

load up a pic of the boxes when you get a chance. I could possibly bring a spray rig if needed?

Flanker is a hot shot painter and I used to run a painting business. Maybe the 2 of us could crack them all out quick depending on what they are and needs to be done?

If we are doing them outside and its windy it would be a disaster, just saying.. Spring=Windy..but I do have drop cloths and all that good stuff. I have a bigger spray pump we can run 2 guns off it, how many boxes are there?

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I brought a game that is older than me .

I'm not sure what the oldest game was at the show, but had to be early 70s -- I know I played what I believe was a grand trak 20, which was from 1974, and I suspect there was something older then that, So little doubt that the majority of the people at the show played games older then they were.

#18 10 years ago

yeah, ideally we would have an indoor space to work and we could blast them all out in a short amount of time without needing to worry about overspray.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

I'm not sure what the oldest game was at the show, but had to be early 70s -- I know I played what I believe was a grand trak 20, which was from 1974, and I suspect there was something older then that, So little doubt that the majority of the people at the show played games older then they were.

There was a Gay Paree which is 1957. There might have been something older but that's the oldest I remember off the top of my head...

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

There was a Gay Paree which is 1957.

I was thinking more Video Arcade games as far as older then me, but damn, If I had played that I could have gotten that T-shirt!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

There was a Gay Paree which is 1957. There might have been something older but that's the oldest I remember off the top of my head...

There were a couple woodrails in one of the vendor rooms - owned and for sale by Dave Sorensen of Kenosha.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I have a bigger spray pump we can run 2 guns off it....?

Ummm, you're going to clean the whip cream out of it first though, right? Would probably smear the paint.

#23 10 years ago

I'll buy one...ship to canada?

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Ummm, you're going to clean the whip cream out of it first though, right? Would probably smear the paint.

Little known fact but whip cream is highly desired in residential painting nowadays. Its flame retardant and safe to eat.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-post-show-shirts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.