Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,448 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by KellyCorcoran
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 173 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slim64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

Wasn't everyone at this years show already talking about the possible new venue for next year? I didn't realize it wasn't locked down yet. I'm glad I kept my big mouth shut I guess. I like the show and hotel being in such close proximity so I can go take a nap and not have to drive anywhere lol.

This x100

Wherever they choose, I just hope the hotel is on site and stays somewhat affordable. Offsite rooms would most likely be a deal breaker for me making the trip.

1 week later
    #247 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I keep debating how to answer this. I guess it depends on how one defines "onsite" and how one defines "lodging".

Not going to lie, a little disappointed. But I'll give almost anything a chance once.

#423 1 year ago

Great work dan!!

I'm excited for the event. Room is already booked. I'll probably be bringing at least 4 games this year as well.

4 weeks later
    #594 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crashnburn:

Well, any more tidbits of information Dan? How about a random picture of a cat in trouble.

Wonder if he made it....looks a little limp

1 month later
    #713 10 months ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

One barely fits in the car, so definitely not both.

Mystic.

I need to figure out which game I'll be bringing too.

#716 10 months ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

If Slim64 has extra room, we'll talk.

Chris from league and I have been talking of renting a small trailer, so that's a definite possibility.

NGS would be a good one, I don't think I've seen one there lately.

1 month later
    #749 8 months ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

seeing that you, my brother, and myself all have a child within a month of each other... i would say there is a good chance it will continue.

Glad to hear. I'll hopefully have my son up there too.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this stuff!

#759 8 months ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Hey everyone, I just posted this on Facebook, so I'll ask here too Before I copy what I said there, knowing that many people here don't purchase tickets because bringing a game covers you, if you are considering pre-ordering a shirt or a Dirty Donny poster or something like that, or heading to Friday Night VIG, if you can consider doing that this week, we'd really appreciate it! Anyway... what I said there was this:
    If you are planning to come to the MGC this year and you have the means, I ask that you consider purchasing your tickets sooner than later. As many of you know, the Midwest Gaming Classic does not have major corporate sponsorship -- and for the record, we aren't opposed to major sponsorship, but our show isn't built on catering to it, but instead showcasing the community of gamers - a social trade show, so to speak...
    Anyway, back to what I was saying... because of how the show is built, individuals like YOU are super important. This year, due to our move, we've had to spend a lot more money up front and early on the show than ever before. To do this, we've put money onto credit cards which are nearing the point that they are due.
    Simply put, we would rather pay to do things like bring in more awesome VIPs, further diversify our game options, and improve the experience for you than pay our credit card company interest.
    If you can't do it now, no worries - we get it! If we don't quite get enough before the date is due, the show will go on. But if you can, we'd really appreciate it if you headed to the web site and bought your tickets sooner than later
    Thanks!
    ~Dan Loosen

I know kids 10 and under are free for the show, I'll hopefully have my son (9 months old) with me. do I need a ticket for him for VIG and the afterparty?

Thanks!

PS...just bought two VIG passes. Can't wait!!

#776 8 months ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I made this out of a framed glass front shadow box for my Dirty Donny poster. I added black light LEDs and black moldings to hide the LEDs.

That turned out really nice. Affordable to do?

2 months later
    #1021 6 months ago

I completely forgot to sign up for clock chaos, hopefully pingolf is still open.

#1124 6 months ago

Found, thanks.

#1210 6 months ago

Great show, hats off to dan and crew for all of their hard work and dedication.

I was pleasantly surprised to find 300 was awarded best in show EM.

Thanks Rob for the Taro Legacy Award. Its truly an honor.

signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg

#1349 6 months ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

slim64 You were right next to me and helped me out by lending me a wire cutter for my Minstrel Man - Nice to meet you and thanks for being a "good neighbor" at the show.
    ltg, I finally got to meet you. You were babysitting the dialed in for waldo34 when I stopped to chat with you. A pleasure to meet you!
    vidgameseller and kingpingames and everyone else who brought multiple games for us to enjoy - THANK YOU! While I know there are certain people who will say stupid stuff, know that the DO NOT represent the majority. All of us appreciate the effort it takes to bring multiple games to a show for everyone else to enjoy.
    goatdan, jazman, tullster and everyone else that was a part of the show crew -THANK YOU! It's an amazing amount of work to put on a show and while there are definitely things that can be improved, I think it went very well for being in a new venue. I do think security could be a bit better as I don't recall having anyone check for my wristband when I arrived on Saturday. I sent right up the escalator and right into the gaming hall. It did seem like the security people were working really long shifts though.
    All in all, I'd say it was a great show.
    Dave

Great to meet you too! See you next year I hope.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 295.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 10.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 11.95
    $ 329.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slim64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside