(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

324 posts in this topic match your search for posts by goatdan. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #13 6 years ago

Fun thread.

I'm not yet willing to talk too much about negotiations, but I will say I'm impressed that no one immediately called me an idiot for talking with Miller Park. Thanks, guys! (seriously!) It seems like some people trust us.

Due to the sensitive nature of negotiations, I don't want to confirm exactly who is in the running and why it has taken so long. There was not a definite plan for this year last year, and we explore options every year. There are reasons this year is taking longer.

I can confirm the Brewers do want the MGC at Miller Park. I won't confirm much more than that right now, but trust me, if we are going to make a move, we are going to ensure we have a solid answer to keeping everything for everyone at least as good as if was if not better. If we don't think that's possible, it would be really hard to work with that particular location.

Read into that what you will, but multiple locations are still under consideration. There are a million retailers with this show, and we want to get them as right as possible. I'm sure it won't be perfect, but anyone who has noticed the giant tent attached to the Sheraton should realize that it's not exactly perfect either, so I'm sure we'll come up a bit short no matter where we decide to go to.

#16 6 years ago

No one *immediately!* Key word immediately!

And let's let the process play out. I'm curious about what they are thinking...

#21 6 years ago

Haha, love the speculation guys. Again I'm not going to over share because as I've mentioned, it limits the power we have in negotiation. But I'll share some random thoughts...

The Brewers came to me, and what else does Miller Park do the half of the year when it's not hosting games?

Any location needs at least 5 contracts.

Shuttle busses for the arcade party.

A contract we have negotiated with in the past decided to drastically change their terms. They are difficult to replace, but their terms are unacceptable as is.

Arenas are interesting to plan entertainment inside of.

Sometimes, the answer to everything truly is 42.

If you apply a cypher to my words, they become more clear.

All of the above are true statements, and all of the above are riddles that if you figure out are serious hints about the future. I would suggest, however, continuing to trust we're not crazy, and if you come up with an idea that seems that we are, maybe you're down a different path than we are.

I would seriously love to see the speculation off this. Hell, I may steal this post nearer our official announcement and ask on Facebook too...

#26 6 years ago

No polls needed. We're truthfully decided, we just need to finalize some details and then inform the necessary people to finish the contracts.

Completely honestly here, without me playing games I think are funny but may be the only one who does, we are way far down the road already. We're truly negotiating for 2020 right now as part of this all. It's so complex, and I honestly just want it over with one way or another.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

when can we expect an announcement?

After final details are negotiated and contracts are officially signed.

Trust me, no one is wants this over more than Gary and I, but we aren't accidentally going to sign up for something that won't work for the show just to hurry things along...

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

How many pins will fit in an RV?

Ask Kevin?

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

The venue I had heard it was going to be at has a hotel right across the street. Maybe all it was was rumor at the time but there was a floor plan also...

Ah! I know the plan you're talking about! L

That plan was not made by Gary and I, but was instead made by someone else and given to us as an example of how we could fit everything together in one hall. It was actually a full year old at this year's show, and the map was jokingly blown up and handed to Gary and I in a, "hey, we know you guys have never though about space" way this year.

The map has some major issues, like could we really run the arcade, museum, stage and speaking area in a similar location without sound barriers. It's a great talking piece, but I won't pretend that is the plan we're going off of.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Does this magical unicorn infested future location have a good spot for my table?

Don't worry, I talked to this guy and he said he'd get you a table... (not a stock photo...)

IMAG1544 (resized).jpgIMAG1544 (resized).jpg

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

There are a million retailers with this show, and we want to get them as right as possible.

I was just rereading what I wrote (seriously, I'm a bit surprised no on is reading into my cryptic post yet...) and I realized my phone autocorrected me funny.

There are a million details, not retailers. If I ran a show with a million retailers, that would be one hell of a show.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am glad you are joking around as it means you must be happy with the change in venue.
    I frankly have zero idea what you are cryptically saying in your messages and just want to know where it will be and ensure i get a hotel room. Reality is,this is my favorite show and Ill be there to support no matter where it is, but i like it how it is already so it will be hard to get better.

There may be no venue change. I could just be nervously awaiting when our official sponsorship of a local professional sports team will be announced.

I'm hoping for tomorrow.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Well i can't support that so I am out.
    Go cubs Go (despite the sweep)

Who said it was a baseball team?

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

So my guess is that the new location is the
    Mitchel Domes . If so I'd like to have a game set up near the venus fly traps .

Something like this?

15051897919031734869205 (resized).jpg15051897919031734869205 (resized).jpg

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I kind of read that the Sheraton changed the terms which the show couldn't meet from your cryptic comments.
    Honestly, I'm trusting this will all work out. You guys have shown you know how to put on a hell of show year after year.

What's tough with that hint is that we had a whole bunch of different contracts we had to sign for last year, I think the number is nine. Would one necessitate a location change? Maybe, depending on the one but all would need to be worked out first.

It's like herding cats. Seriously.

#51 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yep, something like that but bigger and more beer .

I'm not going upstairs for more beer. Hell, I have to remember to take the plant back up now...

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

The Sheraton is great and all but it's starting to resemble a Sega Genesis CD-ROM 32-X.
    It could be the Bucks right? They're getting a new arena IIRC?

My mom is back row, fourth from the left! You may know her as the person selling tickets near the arcade hall!

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I do remember Bango hanging out at mgc .

This guy?

FB_IMG_1505191249966 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1505191249966 (resized).jpg

#59 6 years ago

I can't believe no one up voted my mom.

The Bucks are playing in the Bradley Center for another year. The UWM Panther Arena (which used to be the US Cellular Arena) us next door. It's a much nicer facility actually and won't be imploded when the Bradley Center is.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I caught some of the hints but a SST owner may have supplied the key.
    Good luck.
    May I ask if you have more space to consider hosting a home brew/retheme corner. Maybe see if p-roc or someone can sponcer it. I would like an opportunity to network with home brew guys being I decided to take the plunge.

Maybe you're the answer to everything?

I see no reason we couldn't find a space for this no matter what happens.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinpast:

I'll guess that this hint means Douglas Adams will be the guest speaker.
    That's big. Really really big. Unbelievably mindbogglingly big. (he's presumed fed)

Oh, I'd feed him for sure, although waking him from the dead may prove more difficult...

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

In summery of the summery of the summery....
    People are the problem.

Yes, this.

#71 6 years ago

Location preview?

15053196720151263458203 (resized).jpg15053196720151263458203 (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago

Hotel preview?

IMG_20170913_131658246 (resized).jpgIMG_20170913_131658246 (resized).jpg

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crashnburn:

Your killing me!!

This is a Pinside exclusive! Not even Facebook is getting these great shots!

#80 6 years ago

Post negotiation food with "the closer".

15053289000721729938830 (resized).jpg15053289000721729938830 (resized).jpg

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

They make you eat that to get a better deal ?
    LTG : )

No, we got this on our own afterwards! And yes, my poor two year old son got dragged through negotiations today. Poor fella.

IMG_20170913_140539995_BURST001 (resized).jpgIMG_20170913_140539995_BURST001 (resized).jpg

(sorry for the in focus picture)

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Gah! Why? With the hands?

He's two. You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him.

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Aaaaaaaaand the brewers shirt, plus brewers pants, are WAY too clean on the youngster to be anything but brand-new.
    Did Miller just get re-paved?

So for the record, I'm either a diabolical genius, dropping some good hints here, or I can't believe how many unintended coincidences came together in the above picture.

I'll let you decide which one is correct.

#94 6 years ago

Oh, and in all honesty, the first contract was signed today. We need to sign about four more before we can announce officially. The first is "non binding" for us, so we could still drop if need be.

This is just how it goes, but usually we are at this point by May. It is annoying it has taken this long.

I signed another contract last week I'm still waiting to be revealed, but it isn't about location.

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

My 1st thought is the Admirals and the old Mecca arena.

We would have the show on ice?

Gary and I were actually hired to run a tournament there that ended with people playing Guitar Hero on the big screen a number of years ago. It was bad ass, although the group that hired us totally stiffed us on pay.

I really like that arena. It has a lot more character than the Bradley Center, which is a big, bland box.

At one point, the Bradley Center also tried to get us to host the show there. Not this year though.

Quoted from vdojaq:

I think we can rule out the Waukesha Expo center

Being honest, unless that space has changed, it's like four run down mid sized buildings a field apart in the middle of no where. I went there for an arcade auction a few years ago and got lost finding it.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Either way, you just keep doing what you're doing. I'm along for the ride, regardless of the result.

Aw, thanks!

I'll say this, whatever we end up with, please give me / us a bit of time to explain before anyone freaks out. And that goes for whether we return to the Sheraton or not. I am positive we won't make everyone happy. We are doing our darndest to make it as best as possible for everyone involved.

And I'm all for new things!

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

what ever decision you make is fine with me. ill be there with a pin. is it me or is the website down?

It should just say powering up. We do something like this every year to revamp it for the current year.

No kidding, we put that mushroom up and haven't touched it yet because of how much negotiations are still ongoing, even now. I expect to start doing it tomorrow. I'm spending the next few hours running projections and doing budget work.

And checking in here because being a cheeky bastard is helping me keep my sanity with all this.

#105 6 years ago

we need another clue before i go to bed

All right, I'm really having to stretch here, but this picture actually has to do with the show, and is related to one of my hints.

Vaguely.

IMG_20170901_192623872_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20170901_192623872_HDR (resized).jpg

(that's my seven year old, Ben. Elias who was my contract negotiating partner today is the hair to his left.)

#108 6 years ago

you sure do have a lot of pictures

Yeah the amount of pics on my phone is...

IMAG1038 (resized).jpgIMAG1038 (resized).jpg

(I hold onto various ones for the MGC and GOAT Store social media pages. Thank you Google Drive.)

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Monster truck show at Walworth county fair grounds ?

I am slightly surprised this was nailed that quickly.

I was there for something regarding the MGC that I'm working on for this year. Specifically, the Monster Truck Show, not the fairgrounds. I don't want to start that as a location rumor.

Or do I?

And seriously, the link is relatively impossible to figure out, but I'm out of related pics that are safe to share.

Or have I?

IMAG1288 (resized).jpgIMAG1288 (resized).jpg

(I don't know if this is related, but it's a cool pic...)

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

State fair grounds for mgc ? I bet that would not be cheap . Train fest is there . Trains are more popular than pinball though.

I sort of know the guys that run train fest, my dad is good friends with them. I go yearly. I'm always shocked by how busy it is. But man, the kids love it.

But that's not the hint there. I was legit at the show to talk business, but like I said, the link between this and this year's location is stupid vague and a bad one to follow.

IMG_20170901_200347431 (resized).jpgIMG_20170901_200347431 (resized).jpg

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

If it wasn't at a hotel, couldn't they/we just hire a van(s) to do a continuous loop between venue and nearby hotels. The late night crowd isn't huge, at least compared to the huge crowds during the day. I think we'd be able to make it work. I"m hoping to bring the whole family again.

We hire a bus for the yearly Brewers trip already.

Man, why does everything I say have to do with the Brewers? I'm kind of done dropping that hint.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

I thought there was a hotel on the fair grounds ?

There is a new Hampton Inn there, they have car chargers for electric cars there.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

so the real criteria for the new place has been unvieled

I'm still driving my crappy Sentra. My wife takes our electric car for work.

I need to sell some pinball machines before I get mine, and it wouldn't be delivered until after MGC anyway.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

message me what you are selling. You like oddball crap like me

I'm not selling anything yet, but trust me, I have about twenty people who I know who have already asked, and I'm more than happy to sell to you all first since I know who I'm dealing with. I'm not a fan of selling to people I don't know at all.

#129 6 years ago

i'm with you. I have no idea where it is from the clues. Dan said a "million retailers". I thinking near a mall. Brookfield square, Mayfair mall, Grand Avenue, Bayshore, South Ridge, abandon North Ridge???

Dan's phone makes him look like an idiot when it autocorrects him.

...some part of me loves that this is the most active MGC thread ever. Man, I just need to totally have the stress of an impossible decision every year, and I'll get attention! Maybe we'll reveal the location April 13th and it'll be a surprise? Imagine the posts!

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Will "The Micro" be open...? I'm already assuming it's at the fairgrounds now.

What is it?

#134 6 years ago

Rent.

model-3-social (resized).jpgmodel-3-social (resized).jpg

(photo of something significantly cheaper than renting that tent.)

#138 6 years ago

I would assume we have thought about this sort of thing.

I'm often a fan of unions. It's too bad there are very public ones who give all the good ones a bad name.

(Oh, and seriously, let's not start a union debate off of this. If we use a place with the union, we will make sure it works for what our show is. Some unions are awesome and necessary. Others are manipulative and terrible. I've seen both.)

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Nah, those'll be ready sooner. Production pieces, well, who knows. Not like there's a HUGE market for gameplan lamp driver boards.
    Ok, enough threadjacking here.

No, keep it up! Usually I make a post about mgc and then there is a bunch of silence. It nice having a thread on fire!

I'm going to announce, and if the thread isn't all thread jacked it'll just die

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

I dunno, a big threadjack about potential LED compatible Gameplan LDU boards could be a thread-killer here. Have you ever looked at how many Gameplan threads there are on pinside? I've seen more "Krull Pinball For Sale" postings.

That's true. Who owns any of those games?

15054386377641182735935 (resized).jpg15054386377641182735935 (resized).jpg

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Oh, I see how it is now.

I should have taken a picture of my other, other Sharpshooter at storage easier tonight. Sorry.

On topic: Where is that Micro place?

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

is that deadpool?

Nope, brother in law. Artist of this.

mgc_shroom (resized).pngmgc_shroom (resized).png

#154 6 years ago

mgc pictures on my cell phone 2015

Oh hey! That JPLW I didn't get to play! Looks like a fun time, was it?

What's under the JPLW?

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Completely missed the banzaii in 2015...
    Anyone remember whom brought it? Please bring it this year

There was a Banzai Run at the show?

Where is this show and can I come sometime? Seems fun!

#161 6 years ago

Hey, that's... 2006, whew, thought you knew more than I!

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

If we were at Olympia in 2006, what years were we at the high school?

2001/2 - PieperPower Center (basement of the Boy Scout Office)
    2003 - Nicolet (I think?) High School
    2004 - Sheraton, just basement and back hallways where Rob and food is. (If you went that year, you have a big chance you only saw one half or the other... sorry.)
    2005 - No show
    2006-2008 or 9 (I forget) - Olympia Resort
    2010-2017 - Sheraton
    2018 - Shera-Fair-Miller-Waukesha-Hampton-Bradley-some random field.

I guess in the way of good news for bringing this all to a close, I had a place send me a contract yesterday and say that if we haven't signed it in the next 10 days, they won't be able to do our show. So, I guess, theoretically, we're 10 days or less from an announcement.

I'm visiting somewhere today again too. (Man it's lucky I took a year off working THIS year!) Unfortunately, "the closer" isn't coming with me. But Gary is.

#166 6 years ago

This is where the negotiations get tough.

Oh gosh, I hope they don't get any more tough.

We're honestly in the little details that I think "normal" shows wouldn't care about. But, as you can tell, I'm anything but normal.

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Wow ! I thought all this talk was about where the show would be in 2019 . So is it still up in the air as to where the upcoming show (aprox. 6 months from now) will be? I do not envy you Dan, this seems like a short amount of time to get everything squared away . MGC is my favorite show , thank you for all that you and Gary do to make it such an awesome show! Here is a random pic from last year .

Yes, we're working on ____ing 2018.

A bit of a peek further behind the scenes, as I don't mind explaining this. (In fact, this is really long, but it allowed me to put together some thoughts and sort of blow off steam, so if you've got 15 minutes and are bored... read on!) After all, I consider the Midwest Gaming Classic everyone's show, not just "mine (and Gary's)", so I don't mind explaining some of this. I can say this without risking losing anything in negotiations...

People are funny. At the conclusion of each show, we always have some people who say, "Hey, nice show, but you should really consider a bigger space!"

Oddly enough, we've noticed that the show was pretty big for the Sheraton proper, thus the giant tent that we attached to the building at a cost north of $40k. Two or three years ago, I forget exactly which, the tent filled the entire space in the parking lot. We literally don't have an easy way to expand where we are at.

So the next question is if we actually realized we're out of space, why not just move? The answer to that is that Milwaukee doesn't have tons of larger locations, and unlike what I think a lot of people believe, it's not like I just call up some place and go, "Okay, so how much to rent out your venue?" and they just give me a dollar figure. Every little piece changes the contract - space, power, staffing, electric, and so on are just some of the examples of things that need to be worked out as the contracting goes on, either in a bigger package, or often as individual groups. When I'm talking to a venue, I may for instance be talking to just the people who run food, and based on what they say, I have to go back to just the person that runs location and try to redo stuff with them. And, before people think, "Oh hey, he's negotiating those separately! New place confirmed!", I have negotiated those separately with separate people at the Sheraton every year except I think our first two there.

Why this is all important can be highlighted by our 2004 show, but I need to do a quick rundown of the early years first. In 2001/2, my dad used to work for the BSA, so we had the events there with the understanding that any profits we would donate to the BSA. In 2001 we had a profit of like $150 that was donated. The next year, as the event broadened in scope, we lost a few hundred bucks. In 2003, we opted to make a jump to a much larger space that we would have to pay for, although not much. I believe the high school rental was about $500. But, we committed $2000 to advertising alone (classified ads back then did NOT work, FYI) and we ended up with only about 200 attendees. At $5 a ticket, and with other costs included, we lost a few thousand dollars that year.

So 2004, we decided we either wanted to go big or go home, since the oddly sized 200 person show simply wasn't financially viable (if we would have not spent money on advertising that year, we would have still lost $1000+). We contracted with the same Sheraton we have been at recently, using the downstairs rooms as well as the back rooms where Rob Anthony and food is set up. We didn't really know what we were doing, and that year was a nightmare. We did expand to over 1000 attendees, but between regular power outages in the back rooms (where I had been assured we would be fine) including during the time a radio station was doing a live remote and the hotel not caring - when we lost power during that remote, I was told they would fix it "when they were done in guest rooms." - and also the fact they refused to let us put up any signage directing people from location to location, meaning a lot of attendees only saw half the show.

Anyway, why does this matter? Because the sales people at the Sheraton made things even worse. As one example, we had a verbal agreement to use tables that were not being used by weddings for free in any of our rooms, but if they had to rent them we would be charged $25 / table. As the event neared, we asked what tables weren't being used by weddings so we could utilize the others and we were told that they were all being used, sorry, we would have to pay. We ended up using ~150 tables. That's $3750ish worth and at $5 / ticket, that was over half the money the show brought in.

To put it nicely, this was unbudgeted for until that point in time, and by then it was too late to change it. Our budget for the year was that we needed about 2000 people to break even, and so you can guess as to just how bad this was... and why we were loath to continue the show and 2005 didn't happen.

During that year's show, I walked into the back hallways and... there were stacks of unused tables. I asked our sales person about this, and I remember the exact quote, "I don't know if we told you that, but you didn't write it into the contract, so we go off what that says. You have to pay it, sorry!"

You can now see why we're so particular about ALL the details in our contracts. And for the record, we moved back to the Sheraton only because of an amazing salesperson named Amy who was willing to spend forever with us in contract negotiations, and she was the one who pushed for us to use all the funky space at the Sheraton. The restaurant, lobby, little hotel room spaces, and so on - those were all her coming to us and saying, "I want you to do this and here is why," and her pushing the show. It was a great relationship.

Now, before you say, "There it is, Dan said 'was'! Sheraton confirmed over!", Amy moved on about six years ago now, and we've had two other salespeople that we've worked with since then.

Amy also set us up with a contract that we have dates booked at the Sheraton *right now* for 2018, 2019 and 2020, with a skeleton of a contract in place. But, we can back out of the contract if need be, and the Sheraton can revise parts of the contract if need be before they present it to us. This allowed us to do things like work out the tent with them in the past and things like that. The other contracts we work out on a yearly basis.

Which, I've mentioned this before, the years after we brought back the show in 2006, it "made" about $0-$200 for the next 6 or 7 years. The year before the tent was added I believe it was, Gary and I finally got back our "loan" to the show from the early 00s the year before the tent, and then because of the incredible costs of that thing, well... it *has* made more than $200, but it's still a risky venture, and we have never had a budget the year following a show less than we brought in the previous year. I look at the profits as a "buffer" between the two, although I'm not opposed to making a bit from it at this point because if I'm honest, I'm working 40+ hours a week on it right now and while I find it fun, I actually would like to, you know, like fix some of my own games and like, set up my house and stuff. Anyone want to come do some drywall work, rebuild my BSD, or ?

So anyway, back to today and why this is taking so long... one of our contracts after last year came back and wanted to change terms. I still won't say who it is, because even now, I haven't shut the door on it working out. The terms that were being changed were enough of a change that it materially affected how we could potentially run the show. It doesn't mean we can't, but it introduces a further element of risk, one which we're averse to taking on.

At the same time, I work with multiple locations every year about going there. You guys have named different locations that speak with me regularly about going there. I always explore them, and we find that there isn't really anything that works, but I usually get a free meal out of it. When we do this, we look at ALL of the details for the show. Gary and I can't pretend that anyone comes to the show to see us, people come for the *content*, so we are doing our best to ensure that any location that ends up being selected is the best that it can be for everyone. This year, multiple other locations have been putting together real proposals to try to bring us in, so we actually have a real selection to make.

We really can't say where we are going yet, because it isn't etched in stone. I am actively signing contracts with secondary groups that are contingent on the main contract being signed. Gary and I are getting together and visiting a potential space in 45 minutes - one that even he hasn't yet seen.

And before anyone questions this, I am floored by this year - usually, venues are booked for multiple years moving forward. This year, we have three that theoretically aren't. What's odd is of those three, there are potential date conflicts at two in 2019, 2020 and 2021, which is where that question on Facebook a few days ago came from.

If we move from the Sheraton, it will be for the simple fact that the location costs at the Sheraton no longer line up. Let's be real here - we can't increase the size of the vendor tent, we can't charge vendors more for space in a tent (and for the record, the average price a vendor pays does NOT pay for even the square footage they take up in the tent, so expanding the tent even if it was feasible would cost us even more money), we don't have much more space for content inside, and while the theme park manager side of me will say (and the Fire Marshal would agree) we haven't hit guest capacity yet, we're not that far away. Last year, we actually drastically pulled promotion because our pre-sales were so strong we were worried we might have to turn away walk up attendance. That move did significantly lessen our walk up sales this past year by the way, although the incredible pre-sales left the show up in attendance about 6%. Additionally, we have changed ticket prices in the past based on improved content changes. Since we can't add space at the Sheraton, this isn't realistic.

So anyway, the question has come down to if we risk returning to the Sheraton with one contract that is altered enough for it to be more risky especially considering we would need to compress growth, or do we move to a different location and try our luck there?

For the record, of the other locations, one of them is VASTLY cheaper but logistically impossible (although they give me nice bargaining points) and the other is more expensive than the 'risky' Sheraton deal, but has some other positives.

I'll end this with this - No matter WHAT happens, IF there is a change, PLEASE give me and Gary the time to explain how this will work BEFORE anyone freaks out. There is so much going into this decision, it's insane, and I'm not perfectly happy with *any* of the solutions, but I'm comfortable with where we think we're headed. I swear to you, we think about everything about making sure that people can bring in, set up and share their own stuff before it happens - that's part of the reason this is taking forever. All of your questions will be answered, and I think that if we move from the Sheraton, everyone's experience will be as good if not better than it was there. If I didn't honestly believe that, we wouldn't be moving.

And seriously, when tickets go on sale, if you don't bring a game, please buy them asap. If you bring a game, please consider buying a pre-sale shirt, or something else. When we sign, we will essentially be putting five figure bills onto credit cards, and hoping to pay them back before interest kicks in. When you do, please - talk about the show to others. Our show, sort of by design, doesn't get the same sort of attention as others with announcements and whatnot, but if we can save money on promotions, then we make the show better, period.

Also, please don't take this as a, "Just send me money!" because that's not right either, I just ask you to pre-order the stuff you're going to get anyway sooner if you can so that we can pay that back and not waste show money on interest and stuff. I'd rather spend it on awesome stuff that we can all enjoy.

Unless you work for a company that wants to sponsor some stuff. If you do, we should talk - I have something BIG that could get a lot of attention that we'd really like to do...

Anyway, gotta run and go check this place out. I'll go back to posting stupid indecipherable (or are they?) pics later today I'm sure.

#169 6 years ago

Brick preview.

1505505239373729808662 (resized).jpg1505505239373729808662 (resized).jpg

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Now if only I was a big enough business to be able to sponsor anything.
    I can't promise 100% I'll be there, as I have a big event of my own planned for 2018/2019 during the May timeframe, but if there aren't any conflicts I will be there. Bring unicorns.

2018 is locked in April. Come join us.

Second contract signed. Still non binding.

#174 6 years ago

Oh sh-

No kidding, we just got recognized by someone walking out! And he totally said, "so, do you know where it's going to be?" I laughed and said you just got a pretty big hint!

#176 6 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

How fast does the hotel sell-out for this show?
    Chicago Expo gets fully booked months ahead of the event.

Last year, the Sheraton sold out in December.

#177 6 years ago

I seem to have killed the thread, so to get it on track again I'll just say...

Quoted from goatdan:

What's under the JPLW?

#182 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

For the record this was my failed attempt to get you to reveal more about the location of the new venue . I will bring something and offer help where I can no matter where MGC ends up being located at .

Aha! That explains why you didn't text a certain someone whose cabinet you pictured before after that came out.

All right, I'll just say it then...

The Brewers thing was a serious proposal from them.

I literally laughed when I was told it.

It wasn't so bad, it was just clear that they didn't really understand what we are or what we do. It still did give me bargaining power in talking with other locations.

I proposed something different back to them. It would NOT be moving the whole thing down there. This is NOT what the show will be this year. If it happens, it would be something entirely different. I don't know that my proposal meshes with their ideas at all, and in case we can work something out I won't get into it more now, but we won't be announcing Miller Park as the home of the Midwest Gaming Classic proper, I promise. I guess at least not this year, I would entertain their offer again in the future, as it entertained me this year.

I am also friends with people in the organization, so I sometimes talk with them about things that have nothing to do with the convention.

Elias' clothes the other day were truly as random as me realizing we didn't have many clean pants, so I grabbed the first pair I found, and the only shirt that matched. It was not until after I uploaded that picture that I even thought about the fact that I could see Miller Park from the window behind him and he was dressed in Brewers garb. And we ended up there because it's relatively close to where I live, and the kid wanted chicken nuggets, and this was the only way to talk him into not-McDonalds. Considering how well behaved he was for the entire thing, I figured why not?

I *wish* I was that sneaky.

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Just say who ran into you at the new venue.

Talked with Liz, Ryan and Tanya today. I honestly don't know who it was we saw when we were leaving.

#185 6 years ago

Well, awesome!

I just told the same story that I posted here earlier on our Facebook page about running into that person today, but I added this...

Thanks to signing the second "non-binding" agreement, I fully expect to actually reveal the location next week on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I'll be dropping some BIG hints before then and now as it only seems fair. Theoretically, it can still change, but if it does I literally don't know what I would do with myself.

#189 6 years ago

I like how you quoted me.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

From that pic I could not tell what's under the game , but standing there next to it is Craig C and Robot .

Well, maybe we've moved past this already, but...

75?

#197 6 years ago

They need a big ass space for spooky pinball. They have been tucked in that little corner for a long time.

So we need a big ass lobby? Maybe I can attach a tent to the front of the Sheraton?

#199 6 years ago

Oh man, people are onto me and my tree biz! And of all people, the guy who I blame most for... Well, all the pinball at the show and in my basement! Now you all know!

In other news, shirt design... And yes, there is a hint in here...

Screenshot_20170916-104834 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170916-104834 (resized).png

#211 6 years ago

(Admittedly, location reveal isn't in it...)

IMG_20170911_231713728 (resized).jpgIMG_20170911_231713728 (resized).jpg

#212 6 years ago

Haha, just realized the plant picture posted again. That was really truly accidental.

you would know. you volunteer?????

Being completely honest, not that many volunteers know yet. We're barreling toward announcement and have talked with a few people as we try to ensure the show will work, but since we need to announce very soon or else we literally won't have the money to do down payments to actually run the shoe at all, I'm going to be busy working the phones and emails next week, as will Gary...

I'm really surprised no one figured out the two big hints I left recently. Neither says *where* the show will be, exactly, but one says where it won't, and the other alludes to something that will be different...

#217 6 years ago

Strap everyone, this just got real. (Real-er?)

Dang, it's past midnight?!

Also... not a hint, but something basically just became official... I'll put it on Facebook in about 9 hours...

IMG_0409 (resized).JPGIMG_0409 (resized).JPG

#219 6 years ago

All right, we're close enough to the announcement, I'll explain one of my hints they I thought people would pick up on more...

Quoted from trilogybeer:

75? I got nothing.

I was trying to refer to post 75 in this thread, where I posted this...

IMG_20170913_131658246 (resized).jpgIMG_20170913_131658246 (resized).jpg

...I had referenced this when asking what is under the JPLW in the picture.

This has to do with the announcement today if what the show won't be. Tomorrow will be the announcement of what it will be.

And I'll try to drop in and answer questions... Busy day for me though...

#227 6 years ago

Damn right, Batman.

His look (and Ben isn't tall enough to ride Batman yet) is about what I felt when we actually sent the notification to the Sheraton late last night, after Gary and I spent a couple hours talking ourselves into pressing send.

And if you haven't seen our Facebook page, I confirmed it - we're moving. I've got about 24 hours to line up all the other contracts...

#233 6 years ago

Whatever we reveal tomorrow, before anyone freaks out, ask me your questions and I'll either answer them or tell you what we are doing to answer them. I think you'll all end up very happy, but any change can be hard to accept.

I truly believe the show will function better for almost everyone. There is one or two specific people that will be affected in particular ways that we are still trying to work out for them. Everyone else, i think we're at least equal to what we've done before!

#244 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Dates man...dates...
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Oh, just saw the rest. In short, I'll know more within a month or so. Long story.

#245 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Is there onsite lodging?

I keep debating how to answer this. I guess it depends on how one defines "onsite" and how one defines "lodging".

Quoted from Crashnburn:

Shuttle buses would be the next option.

Didn't I say this...

Quoted from goatdan:

WHAT COULD IT ALL MEAN?!?

Hahaha, give me 18 hours or so... Working on web site stuff right now...

#251 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

can I walk from my hotel room to the game room without going outside?

Hilton... Hilton... Hilton...

Give me until tomorrow, Hilton. I'll explain then.

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from mjwilliams:

I just realized that it's never been said that this is staying in the Milwaukee Metro area. I've been thinking about possible venues that it may be going to and I think the Monona Terrace in Downtown Madison woudl work for the location. Hotels really close, Lots of food and other options for significant others who may not want to play, plenty of space. Just a thought...

If I haven't been clear about this yet here...

Due to the "if the show moves too far away, Gary and I have to use more vacation days to run it" issue, it will stay within a range that allows us to travel to and from it for set up at night if we're working.

And technically my job right now is home repair, writing articles, goat store, and whatever other odd jobs I can do, but I fully intend to be teaching again next year.

#255 6 years ago

Hey, it's not just Hilton.

Everyone should give me a day. I think you'll be okay with the solution.

#258 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

It did actually say "Coming to Milwaukee" in the 2018 announcement video. Saw it somewhere. Now it could mean Milwaukee County and not Milwaukee the city. But either way it ain't Madison.

We called the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel Milwaukee also, so... But yeah, not Madison.

#262 6 years ago

Oh man, you guys are funny. Not everything is meant to be a hint!

IMG_20170910_131107700 (resized).jpgIMG_20170910_131107700 (resized).jpg

#270 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Well Dan, you didn't want the thread to die, what else are we supposed to be doing in here?!

Hey, I love it. After it gets announced tomorrow, there will be one thread with like ten posts in it for the next six month, so I'll take what I can get.

1505778198455143956713 (resized).jpg1505778198455143956713 (resized).jpg

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

If anyone really wants to know, pm me

Pm Sent!

#278 6 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

Let's all just relax and take a time out to appreciate a random crowd photo from 2012.

I think this is a hint!

#281 6 years ago

I don't know if I am supposed to share what's in the pm, so I'll just say it ended in MAN and the first part sounds like CRION!

#287 6 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I will miss the Sheraton, there was a familiarity that grew for me after the years. However, I realize that all things must come to an end.

Without me spending way more time on this than I care to tonight when I have barely slept the last couple days and need to do a bunch of site editing yet...

I really wish that we had known it was going to be our last year at the Sheraton. The show really "worked" there for a long time, and being completely honest, if you would have told me Sunday at 6pm this past year that it would be our last year there, I would have thought you were crazy. In some ways, I wish that I could have realized what was going on to savor, if you will, the last year in a bit of a different way. The major difference for me the past two years is that the show really became something that, after we opened, I was able to not have to manage quite as constantly as before. That comfort level led me to a place with it that I had never been at with the show before - my older son Ben had a tap dance recital that he worked for months on during Saturday afternoon - I actually left to be there for it.

I worry that I won't have that sort of "relationship" with a new venue, although I hope that my "job hiatus" will lead to it for this year. If not, it's going to be a tough year from a management perspective, and I worry about what that means for the show as a whole.

Having said that, the flip side of this is that we have never been more ready to make a change than we are at this moment. Once again, my "job hiatus" has given us more time to research every single little detail and find things for us to work on improving well before the move was made.

It's going to be an adventure.

#288 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Lets face it, MGC has been out of room for at least 3 years and it is time for us to blow this thing up.

For the record, we found (and used) a new coat closet this past year, so we weren't actually completely out of room until this year.

that does look like blood in that photo. I hate these brick and motor photos can i get a letter at least?

Yeah, that was weird. It was from a mirror in the restaurant I was eating at tonight, which actually has nothing to do with the venue, but remember, not all hints are hints or something. Oh, and it looked clean, I think the blood look was just the paint job.

Quoted from aobrien5:

Someone better be wearing sandals this year!

I probably will be!

#290 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

It's my local brewery. I'm there every couple weeks. Can't get enough burban barrel stout.
    If your up this way I'm happy to meet there for a brew.
    I think I can solve the puzzle and would like to check. The geometry is my give away.
    It was Dan with the Pen (mightier than the sword) at the ...

Wow, nailed it.

http://www.devilsden.com/

#292 6 years ago

MGC Midnight Madness - night 3 achieved! Yikes.

makes me hungry. superball you bought funworld?

Holy crap, I totally missed this! I used to manage Fun World for a single year, and at one point the owner offered to sell it to me. Unfortunately (or, fortunately), there was no chance of that happening.

I'll explain most of my hints tomorrow, although a few haven't fully fallen into place, if I'm not completely passed out for most of the day (I've picked up a cold from not sleeping). But, can anyone who knows their NES games help me out - what happens when Mario gets a mushroom in the original Super Mario Bros?

901926d532469e18ec5506a14fb3e19f6d3704f8 (resized).png901926d532469e18ec5506a14fb3e19f6d3704f8 (resized).png

#298 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

he gets bigger...

How much, specifically?

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Dan,
    have you been eating mushrooms again? is that what this is all about?

#301 6 years ago

If you think of how much space his sprite takes up, not how his body may appear...

#302 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

You managed fun world?! Did you kick me out for using the putter like a driver and hitting the Ferris wheel?

I always thought that might have been you...

I was there for only about a year. I do have a Ms pac man from my time there. The owner gave it to me for restoring the other one we had.

Fun stuff. Another game I need to find time to fix, as the power supply died... *sigh*

#308 6 years ago

as mario his sprite is 13 x 16
    as super mario his sprite is 32 x 16
    he is more than doubling his size.
    ????
    disclaimer, i am not that much of a nerd, i did have to google that. that being said, i still have no idea what it all means.

Hunh, I always thought of it as doubling.

Regardless, if I just count show square footage (we always included lobbies, foyers and stuff) that might be about right...

#309 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Jay > we should have room for Olympics...

Not all the announcement are planned for today... I'd keep checking back regularly...

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

It's today, where's the announcement?! I've got my cc ready to book my room!

We've got to prep a few last things, hold on... Hour or so away... Maybe less?

#314 6 years ago

I like that too.

#319 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

So...which hotel is closer to the pinball action?

They are probably both equal, both are directly attached via Skywalk. The Hyatt is on the side of the center that the arcade hall will probably be on but has a longer Skywalk, the Hilton is a bit further walk in the Center, but a shorter Skywalk...

#323 6 years ago

3 xl hoodies ordered. thank you
    do i pick them up at the show? i will have forgotten about them by then, so it should be a pleasant surprise.

Hahaha, that's funny. And seriously, you're the one who suggested it, so those are available specifically due to that suggestion!

Yes, although you should poke me, as I can't keep track of that stuff.

If someone bitchs about space there OMG.

Oh, just wait until we start revealing all the stuff we're going to fill it with... We thought about putting a lot of that up right away, and it would have taken us another week. Let me put it this way, I'm not sure that we can easily fit it all in more than double the space.

#327 6 years ago

that is a cool looking toy!

I don't know about that. I'd have to double check with insurance...

#334 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Does this mean I get more room for Clock Chaos on Friday? Ryan S is going to co-direct this year so things will be even smoother and we could probably make some tweaks to make it more fun!

I don't know, I'll probably stick you in the lobby. Would that be enough space?

IMG_20170915_153112326_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20170915_153112326_HDR (resized).jpg

#336 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

The after-party is still on, right? Just want to make sure (found a reference to the Sheraton on here: https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/bring-your-arcade-machines/).

Thanks for the double checking.

Yes, and better than ever. The arcade will be combined with the console museum, so you can check out both things, as well as a bunch more stuff. The only difference is we can't carry in beer, so we're paying to have a bartender serve beer during the night, and they can also make mixed drinks!

And there is going to be some other cool stuff in that hall too!

Before anyone worries that this means the party size will be expanded, the console museum "shares" the after party and usually hangs out there, but has come to get food / drink every year for the last few. It's about 20 people... but about 150 consoles or so!

#339 6 years ago

Holy crap, our server is getting hammered! Hooray!

In other news, seriously, if you want to visit Tom's Open House this Friday, please get your tickets to that sooner than later. I can say the same about VIG, although that has more tickets so should last longer. I'd be surprised if Tom's has tickets by the end of next month, and wouldn't be surprised if it is sold out by the end of this month.

#342 6 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Managed to get a room at the Hyatt. I opted for the king size bed, as, well, I'm selfish.
    Cripes those are some wide hallways. Think of how many pins could fit in there. Well, not an issue since there's a convention center now.

Well, that lobby is estimated to be three times the size of the arcade hall last year. There is a *chance* we won't be on that half. But likely, we will be.

Quoted from yancy:

Cheapskate question: MGC site says Hilton parking is $8/day, but while booking I'm being told $25/day. Is it possible they're just showing the default non-show rate, or is discounted Hilton parking only available for Hilton? Thanks in advance!

Just sent email, finding out.

#344 6 years ago
    Quoted from damageinc55:

So the schmoes are kicked out at 8pm still? Wish I could bring games for me and buddies, just not feasible.

Yes, although if you remember the arcade game party with shuttle bus thing I mentioned? You'll be able to go to the Garcade for a limited after party (on a shuttle bus!) if you so choose!

#346 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

that is a really cool alternative for those that are not able to bring games.

Yup, we've long wanted to do something for those out of town. There will also be a limited, adult styled thing coming on at 42 Lounge with Overdrive Reality that is going to be AMAZING. More info to come.

#347 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Having to pay for parking when you're getting a room sucks, but $8 is better than $25!
    This place has got to be set up nice for loading/unloading games too, right? I mean, they host the car show!

I'm trying to find my picture to explain it, give me a bit of time. Trying to answer five hundred things at once!

#350 6 years ago

Found it! If everything goes right, here is the load in space. If the arrangement goes as we expect, the two red arrows are approximately 30' wide loading ramps that go directly into the convention center. The top one is vendor hall, the lower one is arcade hall. In between the two are 10 full sized semi docks. Spot #1 is a half semi, spot X is a full size semi for comparison.

We estimate that we could pretty easily fit 20-40 cars at a time up there for loading and unloading, not counting the semis / trailers that we can have beside them.

Notes (resized).pngNotes (resized).png

#357 6 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

Will all of MGC be on the first floor of the convention center? Since that loading doc is on the 3rd floor, we're using the 2 freight elevators then to move things down? Will the spot on 5th and Wells also be available to bring stuff in; since that's about the only surface area for loading/unloading?

No, we are using approximately 93,000 square feet of the upper level, and then some additional stuff on the second level.

To put it into perspective, the vendor tent will be able to fit into the new vendor hall, including staking it down. Twice. With room to walk around it.

The arcade hall will be next door. Combing it with the museum space, it will be able to fit approximately triple the amount we did last year for the two events combined.

We are utilizing "up to" 14 rooms one level down. By that, I mean the 14 rooms we had will go there, but I'm asking rooms that were like 200 square feet if they want like 2000 square feet, so we're having to adjust a bit. It may be 13 or 12 rooms instead, as they are divisible. Most individual rooms will double to quintuple in size.

#358 6 years ago

Looks awesome! Still no room in the main hall for cocktail machines though?
    I notice the WC's calendar for April 2018 doesn't list this yet... but it does have a "Right To Life" gala on that Friday. I consider that to actually be a "Right to Control Women's Bodies" gathering and I hope no commingling is necessary.

It'll take us a few days to get together.

And yes, I found that interesting. It will be downstairs. We won't be.

Oh, and I missed the cocktail thing! Maybe. Chairs cost us money now though, so give me a day to think about that / find out the chair cost.

#360 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Edit - look forward to more info on the Sat night options.

In short, the Garcade will be a lot like the MGC after party, but offsite and at an arcade that is regularly open. The other one will be like a Vegas-style gamer party with rock stars and stuff.

#371 6 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Toys R Us will now be relieved of not having MGC goers taking up their parking spots. Of course, news just broke out that they are filing for bankruptcy, so MGC is the least of their worries.
    Funny, I thought the Sears would have gone belly-up sooner than TRU. Imagine having a convention at Sears. You could recreate the Atari 2600 game display like it was in 1980. Some classic computer convention was once held at an out-of-business Circuit City(how appropriate).

Sears I believe did go belly up there first.

Quoted from KingBW:

MGC Newbie here - Strictly talking pinball and pinball vendors ... Will this be bigger than Chicago Expo - more pins and more vendors? Is the Garcade $20 for free play once you're in the door?

Other people can explain size. I always say we're a small show. Garcade will be free play for sure and probably bus trip and food, working out the final details...

#373 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

For game bringers will we need a special pass to get to the losing not dock? Is there a charge for being up there? Also passes to get in and setup and help fix?

All will be explained in time, but in short...

Loading dock time will be controlled, and that will be explained in not public ways to control access. There is NO charge for being up there, although we will have some parking for some things (trailers and the like) which may be charged, but again, we're working that out. Passes to get in and set up and help fix will be explained, but the basic idea is you'll drop off your game behind the 40' screen in the back, get a pass to come in the front, go park and get checked in at the hotel, and then can come back with the pass to set up and get everything squared away.

Again, more details to come, but it will be as smooth if not smoother than in years past.

#377 6 years ago

For my own fun, here's the answers to my little riddles:

The Brewers came to me, and what else does Miller Park do the half of the year when it's not hosting games?

Means: I don't know, nothing? I guess try to host other events, but there aren't many. It is why they were contacting us I figure.

Any location needs at least 5 contracts.

Means: It's just true, signing one or negotiating one means almost nothing.0

Means: This is how we can get people to the Garcade Saturday night.

A contract we have negotiated with in the past decided to drastically change their terms. They are difficult to replace, but their terms are unacceptable as is.

Means: I won't say who it is / was, but something changed after last year on one contract. We understand WHY they changed it, but it would have made the Sheraton EXTREMELY risky as a return, as it was something that would have been entirely out of our hands. On the SAME day this happened, downtown made a legitimate bid for the show, which has never happened in quite the same way before.

Arenas are interesting to plan entertainment inside of.

Means: I thought this was being announced last Friday, I'm still waiting.

Sometimes, the answer to everything truly is 42.

Means: We wanted to run an after party for Saturday night but were having problems finding a location. 42 Lounge is where it will be.

If you apply a cypher to my words, they become more clear.

Means: This also hasn't yet fully been announced, but it is in regards to a partnership you can probably figure out if you check out the Hilton's registration page. This partnership is greatly helping us figure out costs - although both groups are remaining independent.

#380 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

industry insiders being present.

Last year, there were only about 40-45 pinball industry insiders at MGC. One day we'll get bigger!

#386 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Couldn't agree more, but I'm already going to get an a$$ reaming by a certain someone for what I've posted. Didn't want to push it.

It's a running gag for a couple different reasons, but it honestly has nothing to do with Expo. I love Expo and hope I can make it down this year.

I figure that we are like the sixth biggest show for industry alumni in the country, but I don't know. There are a lot of other amazing big shows! And I feel like that sounds sarcastic, but I really don't mean it that way.

We don't try competing based on size, because I know we lose if you pick any one thing. We just have a great community and a lot of fun!

#387 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

It's probably mostly that MGC is just much bigger then pinball. You've got video games, board games, CCGs, etc. I ran into more "pinball insiders" at Expo; but perhaps it was just easier to spot them.

I don't know Expo's attendance, but for us our average per capita vip attendance is probably pretty low. Additionally, we don't ask them to do as much as most other shows, so they are probably less obvious. We don't do signings and no one cares to reveal new machines like the bigger shows, so we just let them hang out and enjoy the community they helps build.

As a business plan, it's kind of wacky.

#390 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

So, where is my table (with unicorns) going to be located? I'd like a corner setup please.
    Someplace nice.
    -Hans

There are less corners, but we'll find space.

The hallway is tougher because we will need to pay for electricity out there. The Oct panels will remain inside and all things considering, relatively affordable, powering the whole room off two, hopefully, excepting a giant screen or two.

#392 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Well, I don't need power or wifi.
    You know me and my stuff enough I think, so how about I just trust you on it. Two tables, prefer a corner, near pinball center mass.
    -Hans

That's right! I was thinking power!

Contact me in a few days when things calm down, we've got the basic plan for the space, but we need to nail down some details. Beyond the giant screen (or screens) that I already mentioned, we have a few other new things, both of which are really cool.

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Awesome ! I mean seriously Awesome !

LIONMAN!

By the way everyone can we make this ridiculous thread the official MGC thread for the year? It's like, by far, the biggest MGC thread ever, and the ridiculousness of the majority of it really fits the show well...

IMG_20170916_195723829_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20170916_195723829_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg

(about as serious as we get around here...)

#399 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Yes and butbon barrel scotch ale. Delicious.
    Can't bring my growler in to the after party this year though.

I know, sorry. This was seriously the longest part of the whole negotiation was figuring out how to best run the after party.

#405 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Dan your picture hints fits our bad pics from MGC thread.

I may have been inspired by that because for the MGC at least, that is seriously my favorite pics thread.

Ok, let me shoot straight for a moment...

MGC is probably the biggest show like it, but really that's not what we want to say. We're not the biggest place in the universe, I'm not Mr. Awesome-Pants that can move mountains, and we don't get many big announcements. But we LIKE that.

The MGC is all about being basically a bunch of small shows all crammed together. It's about highlighting the dude who decided to collect all the stuff for the Super A'Can and who wants to share it, and the people who may not give a flying flip about the A'Can but are interested to see that guy's passions and celebrate it with him. It's about lifting up and highlighting us as a community, one that is accepting and awesome.

We gain nothing from people who show up hoping that we are bigger or better than X, because I can name you shows in the country that are bigger and better at X for every individual thing. The things we are better at are things that are inherently small in nature, and so while the "small show" running gag is something that really amuses me, the truth is I know and it also really fits us.

To me, I'd rather have something like this where the people who travel to the show see it and think it's ridiculously goofy, but aren't sitting there hearing that it's got the most pinball machines in the country (it doesn't), it's got the biggest arcade hall in the universe (I think you need to visit Galloping Ghost for that), it's got the best industry people (others do more), or whatever. If you come, I'd rather you see everything looking goofy, and then immerse yourself in the fun world of characters and people who all want to celebrate together.

The world is a fractured place that seems to grow more fractured all the time. The MGC is a place to remember that we're all just people, having fun and enjoying a related hobby that we all love together. The thing that makes it great is definitely NOT Dan Loosen or Gary Heil and our love of whatever, the thing that makes it great is EVERYONE who comes out and passionately shares their love of gaming.

4907175528_7b95bfac46_b (resized).jpg4907175528_7b95bfac46_b (resized).jpg

#406 6 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Interesting. Looking at scheduling, I could actually take Amtrak to MGC from St. Paul.

Oh man! I should look into posting about this. I LOVE the train, no kidding.

#410 6 years ago

I will probably have Caribbean Cruise, and with any luck, unless I sell them to people beforehand who come get them although knowing my time... HA! ...maybe about 10 machines.

I need to finish the basement and work on my machines, but I need to finish the bathroom first, as we have a foreign exchange teacher moving in with us in a couple weeks, and right now only one bathroom!

#412 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

And this is exactly why MGC is shaping up to be the best show in the country.

Aw, thanks Rob!

It really means a lot to me that everyone believes in it. The real reason I do the shoe isn't for millions of dollars or something (which, contrary to a few people's belief, is so not true...), it's because the MGC allows me to believe in the awesomeness of humanity, and how when we gather around to support its the best thing we can do.

In the above example, if Super Acan guy (there is no Super Acan guy by the way, although I find that console fascinating...) started his own show, like four people would show up. The MGC gives him the venue to really share with an interested audience. It's really unique, and confirms for me that we can all be different but support each other for those differences.

In related news, the tickets to Toms are going faster than anticipated. You may want to hop on that train sooner than later...

Oh, and if anyone has a big company they work for who wants to get some really unique coverage, I have something that I can't justify the costs of as the show alone that would be amazing to host... It's a five figure outlay though, but I think a big company could get a lot of milage out of it!

#413 6 years ago

I'm going to relax and play some pinball now... What's this in my basement?

1505847461333962225551 (resized).jpg1505847461333962225551 (resized).jpg

#418 6 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

This is awesome. MGC is great because you can always take a break from pinball and take a stroll through all of the other crazy areas in the Sheraton. it will be weird to have open space and room to take in all of the strange at once.

You won't. We're going to be explaining more of the layout in the future, but in general... we're still going to have over 15 different rooms to explore!

#420 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Well it's not Deathball 2000. It is an "ad" for Deathball 2000 on WWFRR though.

*whew*

#427 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

So I gotta move this stuff again?!

The stuff that's safe for morons like me please

Actually, does anyone have some good Pinball Olympics pics I can use on social media?

#431 6 years ago

Dan, I didn't see you mention it, but I presume the city has come around, then, on the crazy "license for each game" requirement issue?

Yes, they actually did about five years ago, we just couldn't make the venue work.

Any give on the tournament prizes?

How much money do you have for a "campaign contribution"? Otherwise, that one won't change, and although the odds are the police in Milwaukee aren't going to be weird about it, we're planning on still following it.

#432 6 years ago

I thought that was Brookfield, not Milwaukee. Regardless, it is a state issue, it just so happens Brookfield wanted to enforce it.

It was Brookfield opting to enforce the state law on us, yes, but now knowing the law, we don't think we're going to not follow it, even though basically no one else has to.

Again, if someone has a few hundred thousand sitting around, I think I could change it.

#437 6 years ago

kingpin could probably fill the new space with all the toys he has

You guys are going to enjoy some of the upcoming announcements...

#440 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Dan, I ordered a Tom Taylor ticket, but it says I must buy a 2 day event ticket to qualify. I plan I bringing a machine or two this time. How do we qualify ourselves without buying a two day ticket?

You're fine. I check by hand later and ask anyone who doesn't have a two day ticket who I don't recognize about it. Some people have complained, but that's Tom asking for that, as he wants people invested in the show to come, not just randoms. Bringing a game gets you a two day ticket, so you're good.

And for anyone waiting to order Toms, at this rate, that will be full by Friday. No kidding. It will probably slow down some, but... Commit sooner than later.

#441 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

with MGC not paying the $1 to IFPA I am guessing we will have some super fun tournaments and even less concern over big guns coming in. It will be for fun like it should be

I wasn't kidding about dance offs for tie breakers last year. We're seeing if it's possible.

#446 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

FYI-Hilton is sold out already. I got a room at the Marriott SpringHill right across the street from main entrance for $146/n including tax. Parking at hotel is $30/day, but the front desk told me I can park in outside lot for $15/day.

Please wait to book then, the block must need to be increased. It is much more beneficial for us to have you in our block. Let me see what I can do.

#448 6 years ago

Holy Balls Batman! that was fast. wonder how many rooms were set aside.

Honestly, something must be screwed up or we sold out more than the Sheraton in a single day. The Hilton has 700+ rooms.

#450 6 years ago

I'm thinking Monday may have sold out.

#455 6 years ago

I think that's the issue. Their front desk is really confused. Use the link, I'll fix them tomorrow.

#461 6 years ago
    Quoted from ddebuss:

Question is do I skip Texas... The TPF hotel really jacked things up this year. Pay for 1 night non-refundable a year in advance is a bunch of doo-doo. This is much better.

Texas is awesome, I hear. Once my kids are older I will be heading there I hope. Although I guess I'll also need to not have a job because timing, but who knows. Now that I'm not doing the full time thing I'm literally having part time stuff I enjoy falling into my lap at fair wages, and I'm cheap enough that it could work.

Anyway, perhaps the business reason behind this for Texas is we lose like 5 or so percent of our hotel rooms in the last week before the show. Those hotel rooms are critical for space rental costs and stuff. Want me to get to pick show dates in the future sooner? Get a hotel room, it is by far the biggest thing that influences that.

When you plan to sell out, and then 5-10 percent of your rooms duck out, they might even be on the hook for that. It sucks.

We actually shocked the hotels by asking the cancelation period to be one week out to hopefully blunt some of the last minute cancelations. We probably won't be too affected by it this year - as unless we can double our Saturday night rooms sold, we're not above the magic Milwaukee number for being considered truly a big deal - but it's something they may have to deal with.

#464 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Okay, my wife and I will be going for the first time. I didn't have to twist her pinhead arm much at all. Need more info on the Saturday night options for us low life's that will not be bringing a pin. Bar vs. Garcade? Will those sell out quickly too?

They probably won't sell out until they are fully revealed.

The bar one is going to be like a Vegas after party with rock stars. And video games. And I'm picking those words very specifically.

The Garcade is an awesome arcade in town that will be hosting an after party that is like a mini mgc after party at their location. Bus ride to and from it should be included with ticket price, we're working it all out.

Both should be great. I seriously may be sneaking away to check out the 42 one, but. I can visit the Garcade whenever. Hell, a few of my games are on location there!

#467 6 years ago

I thought I was playing a game you might die when you played. Instead, I just had Randy Savage keep yelling at me a lot.

#469 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

No, this was my mistake. I went through the Hilton website.

Ah, that's why.

Although the front desk was not so useful to me. And Sunday night is "sold out" at both hotels until I talk to them tomorrow.

#477 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Dan, I see the post above that the guy that said something about parking cost. So is this true, and if so, what is it for those of us that bring big trucks and trailers

Is what true? I looked above and wasn't sure what you meant, sorry. I can answer better than.

In short, there are plans.

#478 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinZig:

I too am curious about this. Placed an order for 4 Tom Taylor excursions and 4 VIG tickets last night. I have yet to receive any confirmation email or otherwise. (Checked junk mail).

Pm me your name and email address, I'll see what I can do. You should have received a confirmation email with the tickets attached. If that didn't happen...

#479 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I got an order confirmation, but no tickets. Will those be sent out at a later date?

I totally missed this yesterday, sorry. Can you double check the email and see if there is an attachment? If not, pm me (or just forward me the confirmation directly) so I can figure it out.

#482 6 years ago

OK! Everyone for ticketing, we got it, and the good news (ehhhh) is that everyone is missing it. It seems a magical setting on the MGC server got changed by our hosting company in between the time we last tested it and made it live, so NO ONE got the actual emails from us.

Gary is on it right now, although will probably have to wait about an hour to make it actually function since he's at his real job. Once it works, I will plug all the emails into the resend, hit submit, and you should receive everything. Hoping for 1pm today.

Sorry for the confusion, of COURSE that happens in the last couple days. It's not MGC without some sort of annoying issue like this cropping up, but usually it happens when ticket sales are slow and then no one tells us for a month, so this is FAR better.

Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Side note - strange. I had no problems ordering a Tom Taylor ticket without a two day pass. Just added 1 VIG, set the donation for TT, entered 1 and proceeded to checkout.

Tom's no longer will FORCE you to buy the two day ticket because about half of the tickets go to people who buy games. I just check the list against a list of game bringers later on, and email people who I don't see there. So it's far less complex than it used to be, but pretty much everyone is cool about it.

#483 6 years ago

Ticketing has been fixed, everyone should have their stuff right now. If not, please contact me again. Sorry!

Also, hotels should be fixed, or at least the Hilton is. Hyatt will be opening more Sunday / Monday night rooms a bit later today.

#487 6 years ago

great job goatdan! Your really on the ball

Blame Gary, I called him (and since he's at work, I never know if he can answer) and he answered with, "I already know why you're calling, and I'm figuring it out. Server configuration. Trying to fix it on my phone while I'm walking, I don't know I can. If not, I should be able to do it at lunch."

I was like, oh, okay. Hung up.

Like fifteen seconds later a text saying, "Fixed it, will resend in a moment." arrives.

There is a Clock Chaos thing outstanding. Not sure on the fix just yet, he apparently has done it, but can't send it to me right now because job.

#488 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Do we have to pay for parking, if so, how much, the person above said like 15-30 per day
    And what if we have a trailer, does it cost extra, and is there large areas to park is guys with big trailers

Parking starts at $8 / day at the Hilton. I honestly don't know of any places downtown that are $30 / day, even if you're valet parking your car.

For trailers, we're working on it and have to see exactly how many of what is coming. We theoretically have 10 dock spaces that can fit semis. Not that many people bring full-sized semis to our show, so... we can use those spaces for other things that *aren't* vehicles to park, but we have to see how many people will be doing that, and there may be a small cost to do so. We are TRYING to make it so there isn't, and if you're bringing content that can stay on the show floor, I'm relatively certain we will cover it at least partially, but I don't yet know the details. Based on how many trailers we had at the show last year, we should be fine. But if we end up in the 6 dock space, and we have an extra 20 people bring trailers because why not, we're in trouble.

Stay tuned on that one, but for you Troy, you shouldn't be concerned.

And the ramp up to the unload place has semis drive up it all the time, so we'll be fine.

#489 6 years ago

Did some looking! If you park at the Grand Avenue, you CAN pay $30, but only if you tell them you are parking for a full week.

The Hilton is actually a bit more expensive than what most other lots are, if you're willing to walk like 2 blocks, lots of places are $5.

http://www.parkmilwaukee.com/destinations/33#main_content

This *doesn't* answer the trailer part, I do know.

#491 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Did you get confirmation it's $8/day? Not a deal breaker for me as I'm staying at the Hilton regardless, but it might affect others' decisions.

Yes, the general hotel information that they can't change is it is $25.

Not just will it be $8 / night for those sleeping overnight, it will be $8 / day for those who park there and get a little coupon thing we will have at the MGC proper. You won't even need to stay for it.

Working out close parking was super important to us. The Hyatt doesn't own their structure, and they want $18 / day for it. That's why the Hyatt's rooms are a bit cheaper, to try to offset that.

Hotel web sites are weird in what they can't edit. This isn't the first time we've seen something like this.

Quoted from yancy:

When does this man sleep?!?

Lately, uh, basically never. I'm hoping to change that because I'm getting one heck of a cold because of it :-/ Luckily, now this is out there, things can dramatically slow down on my end for a bit.

#493 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

You the man!

No, you da man!

Pumpkin2007 (resized).jpgPumpkin2007 (resized).jpg

(Thread needs more vaguely related random pics!)

#495 6 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

Dan, for other shows larger trucks and trailers used the convention center surface lot between Wells and Kilbourn. I believe a special rate was worked out with the show and center. Is that something on the table of possibilities for parking space?

Yes, although it might not work for us.

Honestly, just give us some time on this. We have to see what people (more the vendor side) are thinking about bringing, and then we can figure out some real solutions, but I can't get that info for a couple months. There are like five different solutions pending right now, all of them various levels of "perfect" to "well, if we have to" but we'll do our best to make it work.

What you're proposing has the issue that we have been told because of the other groups using parts of the facility at the same time, we may not be able to do it. And, we'd like a cheaper option to if we can.

#498 6 years ago

We're well aware of the issue. Again, it depends. If we have 20 things total, I can tell you what is happening right now. But if we have 20 things total and I say that, I guarantee you 40 are going to show up and it's going to be a cluster... So instead of that, we're kind of slotting things as they go.

I know what you've got Troy, you're high up my list, don't worry You'll probably be getting a call from me in the not too distant future to nail things down. I've been talking with Chris first because of... thing that will be announced relatively soon, that I think people here will find crazy fun.

#500 6 years ago

Frank, while this is true, the location we are at is far enough away, and earlier in the day, so a lot of the time that doesn't really apply. The theory is they flex on demand, but since a lot of our people will be showing up at like 9-11am, that's far before things get more hairy. In the morning, the lots will take the risk that we will be out by that time and go for the cheaper rate.

The Park Milwaukee site should be pretty accurate. And Sunday? There is a ton of street parking that's free.

#502 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I may have a big truck as well

I should hope so!

#511 6 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Cool, attending for the first time in several years! Booked room and got tix but still thinking about the Bar Party.
    Sounds like it will be pretty awesome, maybe the Rock Stars (plural) will include Slash! Maybe some guy from BNL? ???
    So psyched and like Rob said half a year away, will be a long half a year! I'm sure you'll need the time to iron all this out with the huge new place and all new logistics involved. I'm sure it will be incredible!
    Tom

Bar party is one rock star confirmed right now, but we won't say who yet. But video game world for it...

#514 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Noo this thread can't die that quickly.
    Does the "shops at grand" have a decent food selection? Is this a mall like area?
    Is street level walking possibile or do most recommend staying on the sky walks?
    Do either of the hotels Hilton or Hyatt have any extra skill shots? Are hidden skill shots even worth it?
    What's the SA password I need righ now?

Milwaukee is super walkable. There will be some food on site, Grand Avenue has some chain type stuff, but if you go just a little further there is a ton of great stuff. Grand Avenue kind of slides in between being a dead mall and a vibrant cool space regularly. You never know what it will be like when you see it.

#516 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Definitely walking to Milwaukee Public Market if the weather's nice.

That place is great. It's within a mile.

Rock Bottom Brewery is where we had the meeting that led to all this, it was great and about a half mile away.

My wife loves (and so do I) Water Street Brewery, it's about a mile away too. Mader's is also great (GIANT PRETZEL) and about a half mile away.

Tons of great spots. It's also a really nice part of the city.

#517 6 years ago

Okay, quick important update.

Ticket sales have been good. Like, real good. Like, I might actually be able to pay off our first bill before we pay interest on it good. Whew.

Having said that, if you do not yet have tickets for Tom's Open House, they have been flying. Tom's is already almost HALF sold out.

While ticket sales have slowed somewhat, but considering that they started at one of the best single days for pre-sale ticket sales for the show ever, period, I don't know how much to trust that. We sold about 5 the last couple days. At the current rate, we will be sold out by October 1st.

I always have people ask me for more when we do Tom's, and it's not something we open up more for. If you're interested, we do ask that you get them soon.

Tom has about 360 machines set up I believe. He has every Gottlieb Wedgehead, a ton of other really cool EM arcade games, and a bunch of modern pins.

#521 6 years ago

What is the V.I.G. event? is it worth 45 bucks? because if I bring a game i have to still pay for that separately correct?

It is correct it isn't included with bringing a game.

We had a bunch of people tell us they wanted more time to do everything, and wouldn't it be great if they could do everything with less people? So, we looked at it and started VIG as a way to expand the show for a third day in a VERY limited basis. There are also some tournaments and stuff like that for fun during this time. So, you take a VERY limited amount of people compared to the "regular" days of the show, and then you open most of the content, and it's basically what VIG is. It's much more "laid back" than the regular show, in general there is more than one game per person there, and lines are usually low. It was the one time I got to play some of the new Stern games last year, for instance. To be fair, I don't really play that much at the show...

We try to ensure that all of the most "sought after" content is available, like ensuring the new games are there and on, the console museum has different games available for it than usual, Galloping Ghost usually has their extra rare arcade vids there like Primal Rage 2 and Beavis and Butthead, and so on.

Last year it was limited to 300 people, which means you get basically more content than the arcade after party - although it *isn't* all the arcade games, generally "only" about 100, which some dude on Facebook called a "rip off" even though our official promotional materials had that VERY clear last year... ahem. Anyway, the money that it raises is generally spent on running the actual event (security and whatnot), helping some of the big content bringers to show up earlier, having the venue for an extra day, and things like that. We have also been running it as a test for a potential "third day" for the show. A number of people have told us we NEED the whole show to be open Friday night, but in general VIG takes a while to sell out, and so we're happy with NOT expanding into a third day. Quite frankly, I would need VIG to be sold out NOW for me to consider a full Friday day in the future, and while it has sold like crazy, that hasn't happened yet.

We actually haven't set a final number on it yet this year. We have some BIG things that I just haven't announced yet that have confirmed that they will be set up before it, which means keeping our one person / game target, we will definitely be able to increase it a bit. We are thinking it will be limited to around 400-500 this year, although ensuring that it is an *exclusive* type of event is super important to us. I would generally say we have until late February to decide, but we sold about 100 tickets for it already, which is incredible.

Our launch date was the fourth best day of ticket sales EVER, only behind the final two days to order last year, and the final day to order two years ago. It went a LONG way toward making me feel more comfortable with the decision to move downtown, as it looks like I'll actually be able to, uhm, pay off AmEx without a TON of interest... and that means we can use that money for more stuff!

If anyone works for companies that might want to sponsor, I have some big things that would definitely interest companies I think...

#525 6 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

The VIG party is the after party at Wisconsin Center, still pretty limited, and not as crowded for sure, but not just to people that bring games...Pretty sure most if not all Pins will be playable for the VIG. And as I'm understanding it you need to purchase a ticket for the VIG even if you brought a game or games...

Well, sort of.

Think of the VIG as the *ticketed* after party on Friday night with a larger breadth of material.

*ALL* "traditional" after parties Saturday night remain. The arcade party will only be "get-in-able" by bringing an arcade video or pinball, or some other traditional arcade game. The arcade party will, however, combine with the console museum party, which was sort of secretly combined anyway for the past few years as they hang out there too playing games and chatting, but usually get food at the arcade part of it, as the arcade side is larger by a few magnitudes, so it makes sense to have them drop over there to get food.

We haven't publicized the fact that you can more of less transfer between the two because the console guys didn't have as much to support them.

I would suggest NOT doing the Garcade Saturday night, and instead doing them Sunday night if you can stay instead. The 42 party is going to be it's own very unique beast, and might very well be worth checking out... but I think most game bringers will stay in the arcade Saturday night.

Trust me, the after parties were one of the biggest negotiating hang ups. The ONLY real change (other than the combination) is we will be paying them to pour keg beer, and there will be a cash bar for mixed drinks in the hall. We can't bring in our own stuff any more. Other than that, I expect it to be the same, just in a MUCH larger space, and with some other cool console dudes added in.

#526 6 years ago

Oh, and for VIG our promise is all of the most "sought after" content is available. So last year, it was the Spooky games, the JJP games, the Stern games, and about 100 other pins. Galloping Ghost also had about 40 of their machines available, including the Primal Rage 2 and Beavis and Butthead prototypes.

We generally don't do it all, because people are still setting up when it starts. If you can drop off your machine and share it for it, we super appreciate it. If not, we get it.

We do limit night access to the hall because of it, but also because Friday night had become... uh... a management nightmare to put it nicely before that. People have seemed to understand that very well since, and I appreciate that.

The parties as traditionally had will die only if either Gary and I leave the show and someone else takes over (step right up! Uh... probably not too realistic, honestly) or when the show is over. We *both* feel that the after parties are critical to celebrating the people who make the show possible.

There was also a push by some people to extend show hours beyond 8pm on Saturday night to sell more tickets and try to pay things back that way. You'll see that show hours remain 10-8pm. We won't go beyond this, period.

#530 6 years ago

If VIG sells out in a month or two, and we have significantly higher walk up attendance for the rest of the weekend, we'd consider it. But, I personally would rather have everything happen in just two days to respect people's vacation requests and stuff like that. Additionally, a third day means we add basically 1/3 more cost to the show, as we have to extend things that much longer. How we set things up, that's difficult to do, and we basically need to have 1/3 more people show up (guaranteed, more or less) to make it worth it.

Additionally, the longer the show, the more likely people are to pull things earlier on Sunday, and we don't want to kill Sunday.

Not say that we won't get there, but we're not there yet.

So the after party is going to stay the same on saturday night with all the games on, to play til 2. like in years past. the only difference is that we can't bring carry-ins. correct? but this year there will be option for a shuttle bus to the garcade? I know more announcements coming? Just trying to see if it worth it for me to buy a ticket Friday night or let someone not from the area have the opportunity. because honestly I would rather someone else have the opportunity to enjoy MGC the most, that doesn't bring a game. I'll just stay up all night Saturday and play like i do every year.

This is correct, more or less.

I mean, the after party will change because there will be more to do with the console museum being there too if you want to go check out some of that stuff. I'm sure there will also be a couple other fun things that will be in the room that haven't traditionally been there The option for the shuttle to the Garcade is an additional price and is really in the place of the other after parties - we made that more or less for families who might travel in who want to do something Saturday night but don't know what.

#532 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Equal parts nervous and super excited about this year!

Me too!

#534 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Is the Tom Taylor Arcade within walking distance, shuttle? How far away is it? Do you have to pay for parking there? If so, how much is it?
    Just trying to figure out and line up my shopping cart full of things to purchase for the event.

You would need a ride. It was about a mile from the old location, now it's probably ten away. If you ask on here, I bet you would find someone willing to give you a ride.

No parking issues there.

#538 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I got my room reservation at the Hyatt. But was not asked about parking. Is this something that we pay for upon arrival? Are we going to have to argue the MGC rate?

If I'm not mistaken, you pay parking at the desk as part of your reservation, and so long as you reserved your room using our code / rate, you'll be good.

#539 6 years ago

This thread seems to have died a bit, so here's a picture of Jasper T Jowls.

IMG_20170920_182708601 (resized).jpgIMG_20170920_182708601 (resized).jpg

#542 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Wait, did you get the YouTube guy who has a rock a fire explosion to agree to bring it? Heh.

No, well... Not yet.

Find. Me. Sponsors. And then, oh man...

#546 6 years ago

Seriously, if anyone works for a big company who wants to make a splash with some incredible promotions that you'd be able to do at our show, tell them to get in touch with us. I have a goal of what I would do with about $10-15k in sponsorship, and it would be epic.

Unfortunately, it's one of those things where I'm simply not sure if the show could afford it without sponsorship...

#548 6 years ago

Yeah, I really hope that some big company wants to help out or a fee or something. As it is, I can't justify spending like 10% of the entire shows revenues on something hoping it will work.

Well, wait, scratch that. I can justify anything. But I can't convince Gary right now, since he has more sense than I about not spending more than we're making...

#549 6 years ago

I know it's not pinball, but 40 foot tall screens for gaming on this year? Check!

Courtesy of oldschoolgamermagazine.com, which if you like video gaming and haven't had a chance to sign up, you can get a free issue for doing so. I am one of their writers, but don't let that scare you away.

Big Screen Gaming4 (resized).jpgBig Screen Gaming4 (resized).jpg

#552 6 years ago

Interesting old news article I ran across. This was back when Brookfield first claimed we brought $500,000 to the local economy, which I always wondered how they arrived at.

https://patch.com/wisconsin/brookfield-wi/amp/14795399/midwest-gaming-classic-looking-to-move-from-brookfiel6a1f6ae01a

FYI, tickets for Toms are now under 25.

#554 6 years ago

Yeah, the last few years they started saying we brought multiple millions to the local economy, I was always just interested at how they got there.

#557 6 years ago

are we on the first floor or second?

Second and third. All of second, half of third.

Second is like 20,000 square feet not including the hallways. Upper is 93,000 or so not including the foyers. The foyer for upstairs if we get what I expect we will get is 20,000 square feet alone.

To put that into perspective, the foyer is nearly as big as the tent from last year.

We put down 120,000 in the announcement because if we get the foyer on the other side, it's significantly smaller. But yeah, a lot of space.

We have about 200,000 more feet to fill in the future if we can. We'll see how far we can push this thing!

#560 6 years ago

You'd think, but i think they are trying to get more things focused around events that can be done while sitting in the stands. The proposal they had for us was built around an event that would be in the stands too.

Speaking of sports teams, our sports team thing I think might be unveiled today! I'm excited about it!

#564 6 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Just an announcement of an announcement.

I don't usually announce things through Pinside. I just come here in between announcements...

This one I have no control over, so I'm monitoring their page ready to cross promote...

This one makes it almost too easy, but...

(and oddly Yancy, that is the only team in town I haven't yet had serious discussions about running a night for. But we only are a yes on one at this moment...)

Apparently, the local radio was talking about us today for something completely different too. That's a bonus six months out!

IMG_20170913_133004143_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20170913_133004143_HDR (resized).jpg

#566 6 years ago

Wow, you've got the perfect random pics for today!

IMG_20170924_094136293 (resized).jpgIMG_20170924_094136293 (resized).jpg

#569 6 years ago

That's a big hotel. You can see the direct connection to the convention center here. My wife and I walked here and stopped and ate at Miller Time Pub tonight after another event. Good nachos!

IMG_20170928_202023093 (resized).jpgIMG_20170928_202023093 (resized).jpg

#570 6 years ago

Now I need to get my WCS94 working sooner than later!

http://www.milwaukeewave.com

More details to come, but there is a lot of interesting stuff you can do in an arena...

Image.png (resized).jpgImage.png (resized).jpg

#574 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Real life Rocket League?

You're pretty close to something, but that's too new.

#580 6 years ago

FYI, I haven't checked recently, but I believe Tom is down to under 15 tickets and Clock Chaos is almost full.

Also, we're working out exactly what this means, and Jim who runs the pinball tournament just had a baby (well, HE didn't), so I'm behind... But we can't do WPPR points for it. We'll be making an announcement about what will all be available soon.

And if you want to, buy a LE shirt because I have to make a giant payment next week, and I'd like to not be stuck without money if possible when I do

#583 6 years ago

If you're coming to the show but you can't bring a machine to hang out in the after party, we just announced details of the first of our after party options - the 42 Lounge / Overdrive Reality party! Here's details:

Join us at 42 Lounge Saturday, April 14th after the MGC is over for an industry-style after party hosted by Overdrive Reality! You'll get to hang out while listening to music straight from the Vegas Strip with DJ T3CH, hear Johnny Gioeli from Crush 40 sing, and have the opportunity to play the Nintendo Playstation Prototype! Tickets are *extremely* limited and will sell out, so if you want in make sure that you head to http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/buy-tickets/ now and get yours! Note: must be 21+ to attend.

(There is a nifty video on Facebook where you can see more about it too )

#589 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Man...I'm stoked for MGC this year. Thanks for putting on a great event.

Aw, thanks.

I'm not going to kid around, this year is the most difficult that we've done since the first year of the tent, and we're still like six months out. I need things to calm down a bit so I can feel caught up, but the excitement of everyone involved is really cool.

We keep having people contact us and offer new things that are really cool. I can't wait to finalize a lot more stuff!

Oh, almost forgot, we owe someone a $25,000 deposit, uh, today. We don't have $25,000 today. Luckily, we do have a credit card that has a high limit on it. If you want to purchase something though and can manage to do so in the next 45 or so days, we'd really appreciate that.

1 week later
    #592 6 years ago

I have spent hours and hours on the phone over the last few days, and the vast majority of it has been related to pinball. Traditionally we've made bigger announcements closer to the show, but in case people are thinking about what show to travel to, and they want to mix it up, I'm relatively certain that I'll have at least 50/600/50 reasons to visit.

Although to reach that middle number, you have to count your visit to Tom's Open House, which has only 15 tickets remaining from when I last checked. Not bad for a small show!

Also, here is a picture of a Tesla, because I got to ride in one of these last week Thursday before I visited Pinball Life (for my 2nd time!) and my mind is still blown. And I just realized, the license plate on this one is actually relevant to something I was doing, that's flat out weird and totally unintentional. I mean, except I noticed it before I posted...

IMG_20170716_155040995 (resized).jpgIMG_20170716_155040995 (resized).jpg

#599 6 years ago

Wow on the cat surviving! Hooray!

goatdan. tell everyone about the after parties that were listed on Facebook. The 42 lounge MGC after party 21+ event. There is even a video on there page.Lookjs pretty cool and there going to have a DJ. Then there is the Garcade afterparty.

Sure!

I announced a bit about the 42 party above, it will have a Vegas Strip DJ at it, as well as another DJ, Johnny Gioeli from Crush 40 (which if you play any of the Sonic the Hedgehog games since Sonic Adventure, he is the one singing the rock themes for them) and you can play the Nintendo Playstation prototype at it. Tickets are limited to 100 and are $30, and that includes a drink. The location is about three minutes away walking. This party is 21+.

The Garcade will be open and running buses from the location to it. This is limited to less than 100 people, and you'll get a ride out to the Garcade and the chance to continue to play all of the games that they have out there after we close. This party is all ages.

Bounce Milwaukee is a really cool place in Milwaukee that has GIANT bounce structures (for adults, although kids can use them too), a climbing wall, laser tag, and more. Buses will take you to their facility where you will be able to use all of these things, as well as enjoy drinks. This party is also 21+. Tickets are limited to just over 100.

Please note - these after parties *do not* replace the after party for bringing a machine that is our traditional party. The idea behind them is people who travel in to see our event do not have anything to do after the event closes, and have asked for something for ages. For shows that feature pinball and arcade machines, we *may* be the show with the least overall hours - we are only open 10 hours on Saturday and 7 on Sunday. If you compare that to Pinball Expo for instance where you can go play pinball at 2am pretty much no matter what, our hours are truly really short for people who come to visit. So, we're trying to solve that with some cool options, while still having the great party for everyone who brought stuff as usual.

Note - If you are really interested in going to one of the other parties, you do have to get tickets for them. The MGC is receiving minimal kickback on any of them, so I can't really do much about them. I am seriously considering hopping to the 42 Lounge / Overdrive Reality party and back to the pinball party once or twice because I'm personally really interested in watching Johnny Gioeli do his thing, and I know some of the stuff they have planned, and it's going to be amazing. The other parties will be too, but being offsite I can't just drop by them.

How many pinball machine can we fit in the wisconsin center?

If people bring them, we'll find space.

Based on what I know, in the room the arcade is currently slated to go into, we could fit about 1000 machines relatively comfortably. Now, I don't think we'll have 1000 machines (at least, not this year), but I do think that we will have more than we've had before.

In particular, I'm working on having more new pinball machines at the show from various manufacturers than we had pinball industry alumni at the show last year. I know we're not really known for pinball industry alumni like some other shows are, but we kind of secretly do a pretty good job of that... anyone happen to know how many alumni we had at last year's show?

IMG_20170908_204656017 (resized).jpgIMG_20170908_204656017 (resized).jpg

(HA! And I totally didn't mean to post this picture, but I had uploaded it from my phone before and didn't take it out, and it apparently transfers into here! Nifty! This photo cracks me up because my younger son Elias looked at his brother Ben and said, "What they doing?" and Ben said, "I don't know." Elias then says with authority, "Maybe they having a meeting. Yeah, they are.")

#601 6 years ago

Hooray! Which party are you planning on attending?

#603 6 years ago

Ooo, good point. I always forget about the Event part of the site here. Event added. Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/events/midwest-gaming-classic-2018

Please take three seconds to say you're going. I always hate when I do something like that and there are like four people going. :-/

#605 6 years ago

Click the event and add your name please

51d8faf1a6c8458f285be0b303721fe676c0c4ff (resized).jpg51d8faf1a6c8458f285be0b303721fe676c0c4ff (resized).jpg

#609 6 years ago

Yay, people!

#611 6 years ago

Gary was testing a beer for the after party tonight. It met his approval.

IMG_20171026_193113581 (resized).jpgIMG_20171026_193113581 (resized).jpg

#613 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

It's dark , that is very good news . I hope it's coming from one of the great local breweries.

It's not that easy, sadly, to bring in local places but it is something that you can only get at the convention center and arena next door, from what I hear.

Also, MECCA was cool.

IMG_20171026_185328192 (resized).jpgIMG_20171026_185328192 (resized).jpg

#619 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah but what I take from this "not that easy" also means to me "not impossible "

It depends on how you look at it. Basically, we can't allow carry ins of stuff, but I believe both hotels have "convenience rooms" or something like that where you can do that. In the hall itself, we have to have the center provide it.

The plan, by the way, is that we will have a certain number of kegs of beer on tap for free served by a bartender, similar in numbers to what we brought last year. The bartender will also serve, for a price, whatever mixed drinks people want. This will be in or near the hall, and I'm still working out some details.

Theoretically Domino's is still good, but I need to confirm that with them, this whole thing has been nuts. Gary and I going to the basketball ball game on Thursday was like the first break either of us have had in a while, and other than tasting the beers (that was Admirals Ale by the way, a beer brewed only for the UW Panther Arena that we can also get and quite tasty) and spending half the game still talking about the show, it was nice to get away for a bit

Quoted from yancy:

Not to mention, that was a hell of a game!

It really was. Often at the end of games that the Bucks lose, I feel kind of sad about the whole experience, but this one was just great the whole way. With about a minute left, my dad turned to me and said should we go (he was there too ) and I said no, let's enjoy the last minute of professional basketball in this building. And we did.

Giannis damn near hitting three treys in a row didn't hurt either.

I wish they had imploded the Bradley Center already and were doing all their games at that arena this year, I love it. I'm excited to get the chance to be back for a Wave game soon!

#621 6 years ago

I was editing the MGC web site a bit, and here's something interesting from last year, this is the list of VIPs from last year! I know that we're not really known for our industry alumni, but it is perhaps worth pointing out just how many actually come up! I'm going to start announcing people that are coming to the show soon, and I'm relatively certain we're going to equal what we had last year!

Phillip Ahn M.D. - Bally / Midway Video Game Actor: Shang Tsung
    Joe Balcer - Sega / Stern / Jersey Jack / American Pinball - Pinball Game Designer
    Philo Barnhart - Don Bluth Studios, Disney, Silver Phoenix Entertainment*: Animator
    Paul Beimborn - Spooky Pinball*: IT, roadie, Super Minion
    John Borg - Data East / Sega / Stern Pinball*: Pinball Game Designer
    Waison Cheng - Stern Pinball*: Pinball Game Designer/Software Engineer
    Dave Christensen - Bally Pinball: Pinball Artist
    Brian Colin - Bally / Midway: Arcade Video Game Designer
    Larry DeMar - Williams: Pinball Software
    Dan Diebold - Independent: Nintendo Playstation Prototype Discoverer
    Terry Diebold - Independent: Nintendo Playstation Prototype Owner
    Parker Dillmann - Spooky Pinball*: Board Engineering
    Charlie Emery - Spooky Pinball*: President / Pinball Game Designer
    Corwin "Bug" Emery - Spooky Pinball*: Podcast Host
    Kayte Emery - Spooky Pinball*: Sales
    Morgan "Squirrel" Emery - Spooky Pinball*: Support Staff
    Chuck Ernst - Stern Pinball*: Pinball Video Artist
    David "Fawzma" Fawcett - Spooky Pinball*: Pinball Software
    Gary Flower - Pinball Historian
    Ed Fries - Microsoft - Vice President of Game Publishing
    Greg Freres - Bally / Williams / Whizbang* / Jersey Jack / Stern Pinball*: Pinball Artist
    "Dirty" Donny Gillies - Stern*: Pinball Artist
    Johnny Gioeli - Sega* / Crush 40*: Video Game Music
    Bill Grupp - Williams: Pinball Software
    Lucas Kastner - Spooky Pinball*: Chief Minion
    Tanio Klyce - Stern Pinball*: Pinball Software
    Chris Kraft - Pinball: Pinball Software
    Josh Kugler - American Pinball*: Pinball Software
    Mike Kyzivat - Stern Pinball*: Pinball Software
    Jeff Lee - Gottlieb: Arcade Video Concept and Design
    Ben Heck - The Ben Heck Show* / Spooky Pinball*: Video Game Hacker / Pinball Designer / Pinball Software
    Marty Goldberg - Independent: Video Game Historian / Writer
    Bill Grupp - Williams Pinball: Pinball Software
    Tim Lapetino - Independent: Video Game Historian / Writer
    Pat Lawlor - Williams / Stern / Jersey Jack Pinball*: Pinball Game Designer
    Jeff Lee - Gottlieb: Arcade Video Game Artist
    Bob Mackey - IGN / USGamer / Retronauts*: Writer
    Tom Malinowski - Gottlieb: Arcade Video Game Designer
    Eric Meunier - Jersey Jack Pinball*: Pinball Designer / Engineer
    Dan Meyer - Gold Standard Air Hockey: Ambassador / Top Ranked Player
    Terry "Trickman Terry" Minnich - Electronic Gaming Monthly Magazine: Writer
    Charles Moisant - Silver Phoenix Entertainment*: Artist
    Dennis Nordman - Bally / Williams / Stern / Jersey Jack / Heighway / Whizbang Pinball* / Gizmo* - Pinball and Pitch and Bat Game Designer
    Barry Oursler - Williams: Pinball Game Designer
    Jeremy "Zombie Yeti" Packer - Stern Pinball*: Pinball Artist
    Jeremy Parish - IGN / 1UP / USGamer / Retronauts*: Writer
    Daniel Pesina - Bally Midway Video Game Actor: Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile
    Alan Reizman - Bally Pinball: Electrical Engineer
    Steve Ritchie - Atari / Williams / Stern Pinball*: Pinball Game Designer
    Jim Schelberg - PinGame Journal*: Writer / Editor
    Tim Seckel - Data East: Game Designer
    Arvind Sharma - American Pinball*: Engineering
    Doug Skor - American Pinball*: Development
    Gary Stern - Stern Pinball*: President
    Dwight Sullivan - Midway / Williams / Stern Pinball*: Pinball Software
    Svengoolie - MeTV: Television Personality
    Jim Thornton - American Pinball*: Product Development
    Dhaval Vasani - American Pinball*: President
    Ken "Sushi X" Williams - Electronic Gaming Monthly Magazine: Writer
    Jeffrey Wittenhagen - Independent: Video Game Historian / Writer

#623 6 years ago

Happy Halloween! Svengoolie joins Garry Kitchen as VIPs announced already!

22852921_1482186045194701_2246448246465359068_n (resized).jpg22852921_1482186045194701_2246448246465359068_n (resized).jpg

#625 6 years ago

Greg Freres is joining the fun! If you didn't know, Greg is the artist behind many amazing pinball machines including Fathom, Strange Science, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Scared Stiff, Star Trek:The Next Generation, Whoa Nellie: Big Juicy Melons and more than 25 more. Today, he serves as Stern Pinball's art director.

paul-freres_7712 (resized).jpgpaul-freres_7712 (resized).jpg

#626 6 years ago

Today we announced the newest pinball designer, Eric Meunier of Jersey Jack Pinball, will be at the Midwest Gaming Classic! Yesterday, Johnny Gioeli, who sings the rock theme songs for Sonic the Hedgehog games was announced... Lots of VIPs being announced!

23192630_10156833297782281_49571838_n (resized).jpg23192630_10156833297782281_49571838_n (resized).jpg

#629 6 years ago

Today's announcement is Jeff Leff will be there, who I'll say is a pinball industry alumni because he did the video graphics for Cave Man, as well as created Q*Bert who was popular enough to get his own pinball machine too!

Yesterday we announced Philo Barnhart. He didn't do anything in the world of pinball, but worked as an animator on Dragon's Lair and Space Ace for the arcade... And then some other animated movies like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Rescuers Down Under, The Secret of NIMH, Happily Ever After, An American Tail, and special effects for Star Trek: The Motion Picture!

Who will tomorrow bring?

received_10210714420839486 (resized).pngreceived_10210714420839486 (resized).png

#631 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

i love these steady announcements!

I've got a whole bunch more VIP announcements already confirmed, including five more pinball designers, and at least five other people who are pinball industry alumni. I'm thinking about announcing one VIP a day with the exception of Saturdays until the end of the month at least.

I know that we haven't been known for having industry at the show, but I think people will be pleasantly surprised by just what we've already got lined up this year!

#634 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I'm new to the show ... by "announcements" or "will be there" confirmations, what does that mean? They will be attending the show, signing autographs at a booth, doing a seminar on a topic, ...? If they are just "there" mingling and playing games I probably will not recognize most of them. Just trying to understand the VIP thing.

It's sort of all of the above.

The VIPs always get big badges that identify them. That way, if they are just "there", you can look at their badge and see who them are. The majority of the time, VIPs are just "there", as we want to foster the community feel of the show, which means that we don't want to make them separate from everyone else.

Having said that, we also want to ensure that people can meet them. In general, VIPs hang out in certain areas and identify who they are with their space. See attached pic of Philo from last year, that was his space.

This year, we're working on areas for more "controlled" meetings. Again, less of a "get in line, get an autograph" feel, although that will be possible too, and more of a "meet these people here and hang out!"

Unlike most sort of similar shows like Comic Cons or whatever, Gary and I have made the choice to only highlight people who you don't need to pay to meet, and try to keep it low key. A lot of industry people have told us they really like that, as they feel less like they are working and more like it's a community that they get to take part in. For instance, John Borg doesn't usually do tons of shows because he doesn't like that aspect of it, but comes to the mgc pretty much every year because he knows we will be a bit less formal.

Again, due to our space, we'll be able to make things more formal than before, but we have no plans to do an official Expo style autograph session for instance, although if you'd like to get things signed, there will be ample opportunities for that.

Presentation wise, we will have separate announcements for that. Some of the announced vips will do presentations. Some will just be hanging out! We are going to do our best to identify where they will be during the show for people too.

That was a long answer, hope it helps!

FB_IMG_1509990798010 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1509990798010 (resized).jpg

#636 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, that makes the general idea clearer ... more of a "details still to come on an individual basis", but informal appearances for the most part. I wont have to rent a tux.

Precisely.

The MGC is built around fostering a sense of community. The goal of the show is to get like minded individuals together to share their passion, and learn about aspects of their hobby that they may not know as much about.

Gary and I feel that the comic con style shows don't do that well. If I want to meet dude from my favorite movie, I need to wait in a line, pay money, and I get a photo and an autograph and I'm moved on. There is a place for this sort of thing, but it's not the environment we are trying to foster.

Instead, I'd rather have it where you're walking around the show and you randomly interact with someone who when you're done, a friend points out you just played a game with the person who designed it.

It's more communal both for those participating and for those in the industry.

We are asking them to do meet and greet for a bit this year for people to meet them, but I know that the majority just want to come and hang out. Heck, some people who work at Stern Pinball buy their tickets to support the show. If you've been there in the past, you may have played a game with Eugene Jarvis, Dennis Nordman, Steve Ritchie, Jim Shird, Greg Freres, Charlie Emery, Ben Heck, Eric Meunier, Jeff Lee, Warren Davis, or about fifty others who just joke hanging out.

It's something that I love about the show, and I love that it seems to be appreciated by so many people who helped to make the industry what it is today.

#644 6 years ago

last year no shit, steve richie helped me load my getaway in the back of my SUV. no joke. thats the kind of atmosphere MGC is.

That is awesome.

And exactly what our goal is, honestly. Well, maybe not to have Steve load your game, but for people to realize that the people doing this are ultimately... People!

Who knows, maybe that will happen again in April!

Quoted from LTG:

Now that is funny.
    Dan already has an impressive list. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make the cut. Too many great people already lined up for MGC.

Lloyd, I always feel like I shouldn't ask you because I know it's a really good time of the year for you business-wise, but know that if you ever did want to come, you would definitely make the cut.

Quoted from Goonie:

Don't forget to add one of the most important VIP's to your list...Taro.

Let's not go revealing VIPs early now, okay?

war-dolphin (resized).jpgwar-dolphin (resized).jpg

#646 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Wow, my second year attending MGC and first seminar i saw was put on by some guy i didn't know, about buying your first game, what to bring etc. i was in the hobby for a bit but not full fledged like i am now. I even remember someone suggesting to bring locks and a drill.

This would have been Don Caldwell, an awesome guy who helped to reboot the show. Not just is he one of my local pinball friends now, he also splits the storage space with us. Don and Mark Bakula often team up for really popular trivia things, usually once every other year...

#647 6 years ago

Just announced: TNA pinball designer, mechanical engineer, sound and music programmer and software engineer Scott Danesi will be at the Midwest Gaming Classic April 14 and 15!

Scott joins Tabletop game designer Rob Wieland and top air hockey player Dan Meyer as our most recent VIP announcements.

Pinball industry VIPs announced: 4
    Total VIPs announced: 11

Danesi (resized).jpgDanesi (resized).jpg

#650 6 years ago

Today's VIP announcement is Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Spooky Pinball, Kayte Emery!

Pinball industry VIPs announced: 5
    Total VIPs announced: 12

100_3303 (resized).JPG100_3303 (resized).JPG

#661 6 years ago

More pictures of Train Fest!

And sorry, I'll get back to announcing VIPs from the pinball world soon, had to throw some video game and board game love the last few days... Erika "Verika" Philips, David Crane, Eric Wile, and Tim Lapetino have joined since then.

I suppose it could be argued that Tim Lapetino crossed over as there is some pinball art in the book Art of Atari... But I won't add him to the tally.

Pinball industry VIPs announced: 5
    Total VIPs announced: 16

IMG_20171111_161900553 (resized).jpgIMG_20171111_161900553 (resized).jpg

#664 6 years ago

I was only there for an hour, sadly!

IMG_20171111_164419151 (resized).jpgIMG_20171111_164419151 (resized).jpg

#667 6 years ago

I only got this not so great pic of the kids and my dad from Train Fest. Everyone looks kind of angry, and that wasn't the case!

Exciting stuff happening behind the scenes. I'll be back in a few hours to announcing another vip!

IMG_20171111_164425481 (resized).jpgIMG_20171111_164425481 (resized).jpg

#668 6 years ago

John Borg is officially announced as our third pinball designer so far following Eric Meunier and Scott Danesi, and sixth pinball alumni!

Pinball industry VIPs announced: 6
    Total VIPs announced: 17

Deciding if we're going to do another week of VIPs next week or not. Might shuffle it up...

FB_IMG_1510872790966 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1510872790966 (resized).jpg

#669 6 years ago

I posted a pic of a duck on our Facebook page, so I thought I'd post another pic here. But it should be different, so here's the same duck (I think), swimming.

If it isn't the same duck, it is in the same spot.

It has nothing much to do with the MGC, but I needed a day of not really posting much.

Pinball industry VIPs announced: 6
    Total VIPs announced: 19
    Pictures of Ducks: 1

IMG_0217 (resized).JPGIMG_0217 (resized).JPG

#671 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Is Dirty Donny going to be at MGC? If so the duck picture makes sense , because you know the duck/metallica connection.

Is that actually a thing?

Am I dropping really obscure hints, or does everyone just assume I am now? Even I don't know what to think now.

#674 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

You can obfuscate everything you want in this thread...... just make sure to keep the venue happy.

Heh, honestly, I'm not worried about that at all. The venue needs to make sure that we're happy and at least breaking even, or they have less business in the future. It seems the Wisconsin Center really, really gets this. They've been OUTSTANDING to work with this year, which for those who know our issues trying to move there in the past, it's a welcome change.

Quoted from brenna98:

Is there a specific hotel we're supposed to book with? or just pick one close to the Wisconsin Center?

Check the bottom of this page:

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/location/

We'll actually be adding a third hotel soon, also attached to the venue. All of them are great. The third hotel will be slightly more expensive, but have slightly larger rooms I believe.

#676 6 years ago

But why?

And does this actually have something to do with Donny?

#679 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Mallard -> Metallica -> Dirty Donny. It's pretty straight forward.
    I hope that helps.

If that's the link, then doesn't the duck picture secretly drop the hint that Donny isn't just in but he's going to do something so amazing that it will almost equal a duck sitting in a theme park? Because that could be, I suppose.

I should contact him before ten days out, Hunh?

#681 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hi-Fi:

What's up with Tickets for the Saturday night after party??
    Is there still a Saturday night party for people who bring games to the show?

Yup. There are now additional parties pork people who can't. Those parties have a cost. The arcade party remains basically the same. Still working on some details for it...

#684 6 years ago

Damn phone autocorrect. Supposed to be "for people", although pork people sounds yummy.

2 weeks later
    #687 6 years ago

Okay, after Hilton killed the conversation with a bacokini, and I've been slow at announcing more VIPs, I just posted something interesting on Facebook about one of my goals for pinball this year...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1520394438040528&id=140368112709841

As always, thanks for the pic, Korn!

#691 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

You mention four manufacturers. Are you ready to announce who? I can guess three.

Skit-b, Zidware, Illinois Pin Ball Company and who else?

Hilton named the four that were at last year's show. That's probably a better place to start.

#694 6 years ago

Honestly, I can't wait for MGC and to see this new venue

I'll be there Friday. May play with Facebook Live or whatever that is called when I am. We'll see.

#696 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I'll be there Friday. May play with Facebook Live or whatever that is called when I am. We'll see.

I did this. I remembered to film the dock too. Check it out on our Facebook page!

Http://www.facebook.com/MGCgaming/

#698 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

So basically, the Sheraton fits on the doc. Woa!

The dock is for sure larger than the tent was. By a lot.

Maybe in the future when we max out the half a million square feet here, we could set up a tent on the dock and promote a throwback year?

#700 6 years ago

Nice 4 minute video displaying the space for MGC next year. It the same space as brewer's on-deck, pretty much what i thought. lots of space is a understatement. im sure MGC will find a way to fill it. You don't have that many consoles for the museum do you?

It's half the space they use for Brewers on deck and another about 20,000 feet downstairs. It's not currently split in half like we'll have it.

Having said that, we're talking about if we may need more space... Because we might!

#703 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks for the videos. Helps explain things. Looks like this will be an epic year.

Glad I could do it I'm excited to fill the space!

We may already be looking at adding additional space either this year or next based on the response already. Maybe we'll just plan on adding 30k per year or so...

It's crazy to think about adding an area larger than the size of the tent just by basically saying yes please to that...

#705 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crashnburn:

The facebook page keeps on blinking the login dialog up and I am unable to see the video because I do not have a facebook account. It never did that before and I do not see it on other pages. It used to just pop up a login screen but you could click "NOT NOW" ????? Maybe a glitch.

I don't control anything on the Facebook page really, so I've got no idea, sorry. And I don't know of another way to post the videos, as they weren't saved to my phone.

If anyone does, I'd be happy to add them to my mgc YouTube account.

#718 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I grabbed the videos with some web tool and threw them up in a folder.
    Dan, you can grab them from there and upload to youtube if you want.
    Anybody other than Dan, you should be able to click on them and they'll play in your browser.
    If Dan puts them on the youtube page, I'll edit this to link to that instead.
    http://phantasy.com/mgc_vids

Had a super busy last couple days, will grab and upload these shortly... thanks, you rock!

I kinda think dan wanted this tread to keep going.

I'm just happy that I wasn't the one who started the thread for once I'll keep posting whenever, I just hate starting my own show threads. It feels very anti-climatic.

1 week later
    #725 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crashnburn:

Dan when the show closes for the day, some things like gaming in the lobby at the Sheraton etc.. will go on till the wee hours of the night. Will there be a time limit on this part of the show or does the Milwaukee center close its doors when the show closes?

Sorry, missed this with the hecticness of the last few days.

The gaming areas like that are moving into halls - probably - for the show this coming year. We may have some stuff out in the halls.

I'm working with the Hyatt and Hilton to allow people to play games in the lobbies there, and it sounds pretty positive, but we probably won't be able to have big places open. We will though have the after parties, which is a new thing this year.

Related, anyone want to buy the last four tickets to Tom's? They have been sitting at four for like four weeks!

Oh, and just announced that Eugene Jarvis is coming this year, bringing the current total to:

Pinball industry VIPs announced: 7
    Total VIPs announced: 20
    Pictures of Ducks: 1

I don't know if I am going to spend the entire month of January announcing VIPs... but I might! I think I might announce some rooms too and what is actually going to be going on in the show... Fun times!

1779954_626326780780636_784065944495548160_n (resized).jpg1779954_626326780780636_784065944495548160_n (resized).jpg

#726 6 years ago

Today's announcement is Steve Ritchie!

Pinball industry VIPs announced: 8
    Total VIPs announced: 21

Three more days... Can I make it 10 or more pinball VIPs?

FB_IMG_1514481920346 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1514481920346 (resized).jpg

#727 6 years ago

Today's announcement is Ben Heck!

Pinball industry VIPs announced: 9
    Total VIPs announced: 22

What will tomorrow bring?

BenHeck] (resized).jpgBenHeck] (resized).jpg

#728 6 years ago

I did it! I hit 10 pinball celebrities! And today's might be the most loved at the show!

Today's announcement is Taro!

Pinball industry VIPs announced: 10
    Total VIPs announced: 23

In the last week, I've managed to add more VIPs than we announced... now up to about 30 more to announce, and we haven't even started our push!

_DSC1163 (resized).jpg_DSC1163 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #731 6 years ago

Sorry, I've been announcing some video game stuff recently. Trickman Terry Minnich from EGM, the father of adventure games Scott Adams, Daniel Pesina of Mortal Kombat I and II, Terry Diebold who discovered the Nintendo Playstation, a video game tournament... And so on.

I've also been doing a ton of stuff behind the scenes recently. Spending all day today in meetings. Will have a major web site update soon too!

1 week later
    #733 6 years ago

Someone had mentioned something about Dirty Donny and Ducks. The gig is up. If that's the term...

IMG_5763 (resized).jpgIMG_5763 (resized).jpg

#737 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Is there going to be prints of that poster for sale? I like it .

Yes. Very limited number as blacklight posters, even more limited as shiny blacklight and sparkly blacklight posters. We will also have smaller prints, and shirts hopefully with a glow in the dark option, stickers, and a few more things...

I literally got this five minutes before I posted it, so a lot of those details are being worked out still... This has been a long time in the making, since we'll before the duck comments, although I didn't even know I was making such a hint.

#739 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

ummmm.... that aint no duck...

If you'd like me to see if I can make you a poster of that duck picture, I think that could be arranged.

1 week later
    #745 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Are they doing free entry if you bring machines? I filled out a game form online but no one has contacted me yet. Want to get my tics ordered soon....

I totally missed this. Yes we are. Details are coming as soon as possible.

Long story short, the move has been more difficult than we expected. Nothing terrible, just a lot of the behind the scenes stuff that sort of fell together at the Sheraton as we grew needs to be completely fleshed out here. For instance, at the Sheraton load in just sort of happened and as the show grew, everyone just sort of knew how to make it work.

This year, load in will be as easy as it was at the Sheraton, but only if Gary and I define absolutely everything and give everyone the information that they would otherwise know from the Sheraton just because that's how it always was.

It's getting there, although again unlike the Sheraton, it's a thing where I don't actually know who I'm supposed to talk with so I end up going back and forth with people trying to confirm who I am even supposed to talk to about something.

We are seeing the light and clearing up things as quickly as possible right now. I hope and expect that within a week we'll be able to share a LOT more information, and I think that everyone will be pleased to see just how far this has all been thought out.

Anyway, with that... We had what I think is a really fun arcade related announcement today! Chris from KingPin Games is bringing over 20 kiddie rides! If you've got kids, or if you're a kid at heart, this is going to be a really fun area. I super excited about it myself, and so is my son (the younger one!)

IMG_20180130_174906369 (resized).jpgIMG_20180130_174906369 (resized).jpg

#750 6 years ago

Hey all, added a new hotel as we are close to filling up one. This one is also on the Skywalk with a direct link to the show (as are the other two), and is a suite style hotel. Rooms start at $119, details and booking info at https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/location/

springhill-suites (resized).pngspringhill-suites (resized).png

#751 6 years ago

The posters are here! It's nearly impossible to show how cool they are via picture, but here you go Total run is limited to 200.

Standard blacklight is $40 (125 made)
    Rainbow foil is $100 (50 made)
    Sparkle foil is $125 (25 made)

A glow in the dark shirt option is also available starting at $25.

You can pre-order here. Pick up at the show (and say "Hi" to Donny when you do, he'll be officially announced probably tomorrow!) We're expecting these will sell out.

Speaking of sell outs, Tom's Open House has now sold out, Clock Chaos as part of VIG sold out of spots yesterday, the overall VIG is over halfway sold out, and the after parties are starting to fill up. If you are planning to do any of those last three, get the tickets sooner than later.

You can get any of this stuff here: https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/buy-tickets/

I seem to have nailed down load in / out hours, building opening rules, and a general method for moving things in and out. Waiting to confirm a third and maybe fourth parking lot for oversized vehicles, and then we'll have a ton of info out for you guys on that stuff too!

FullSizeRender1 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender1 (resized).jpg

IMG_5945 (resized).JPGIMG_5945 (resized).JPG

#753 6 years ago

I like that they have mushrooms! lol

It's Centipede man!

I just posted a video on our Facebook page of the sparkle version to try to show it off better. It's selling really fast. Makes me want to install a blacklight in my basement...

#755 6 years ago

Hey everyone, I just posted this on Facebook, so I'll ask here too Before I copy what I said there, knowing that many people here don't purchase tickets because bringing a game covers you, if you are considering pre-ordering a shirt or a Dirty Donny poster or something like that, or heading to Friday Night VIG, if you can consider doing that this week, we'd really appreciate it! Anyway... what I said there was this:

If you are planning to come to the MGC this year and you have the means, I ask that you consider purchasing your tickets sooner than later. As many of you know, the Midwest Gaming Classic does not have major corporate sponsorship -- and for the record, we aren't opposed to major sponsorship, but our show isn't built on catering to it, but instead showcasing the community of gamers - a social trade show, so to speak...

Anyway, back to what I was saying... because of how the show is built, individuals like YOU are super important. This year, due to our move, we've had to spend a lot more money up front and early on the show than ever before. To do this, we've put money onto credit cards which are nearing the point that they are due.

Simply put, we would rather pay to do things like bring in more awesome VIPs, further diversify our game options, and improve the experience for you than pay our credit card company interest.

If you can't do it now, no worries - we get it! If we don't quite get enough before the date is due, the show will go on. But if you can, we'd really appreciate it if you headed to the web site and bought your tickets sooner than later

Thanks!

~Dan Loosen

#757 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I shared it a few times. Hope it helps.

Thanks Lloyd! Every little bit does help!

#760 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I know kids 10 and under are free for the show, I'll hopefully have my son (9 months old) with me. do I need a ticket for him for VIG and the afterparty?
    Thanks!
    PS...just bought two VIG passes. Can't wait!!

If you just messenged me about this you already know, but if not someone else just did

Either way, the answer is... I think we're going to make some policy for itty bitties, but I have to run through some back end stuff to make sure that we don't run afoul of any policies or whatever when we do. Unlike Saturday and Sunday, we do look for tickets for basically everyone, but Gary and I both recognize that if you can't walk, you aren't going to be taking up a spot playing a game by yourself, so if we can nail down *how* to say it and if everyone we have to run stuff through is cool with it, yes.

I should know for sure in a couple days.

#761 6 years ago

What will probably come as no surprise to people here, Dirty Donny is coming to the MGC!

Pinball industry VIPs announced: 11
    Total VIPs announced: 33

If you want to see everyone we have in one spot, check our new page at https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/vip-guests/

And if it feels like we haven't had many pinball VIPs lately, don't worry, we have a LOT more coming

photo credit Daniel Francis Haber (resized).jpgphoto credit Daniel Francis Haber (resized).jpg

#768 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Tried e-mailing Gary back in, like, September when vendor registration opened up. Was trying to pick where I was going to have my table and figure out the layout. Never did hear a response. I'm guessing all the good spots are probably gone at this point. May sit this one out.

You have been in a non-standard location for a while and had indicated that was what you were looking for. We are literally still working on exactly what that looks like because of the significant amounts of changes that this location is causing. I spent most of last week in meetings with the location, and expect to actually have answers for a lot of different things by the time this week is over.

I know it took longer than expected - trust me, us too, it's been terribly frustrating - but we will get in touch soon. If it isn't too late, we'd love to have you.

#770 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Would still love to be there. My concern is that as time goes on it gets more expensive and less convenient for me, and god only knows where I'll find a room at this point.

All of our hotels still have rooms for their original rates, and we won't be changing space prices, it's not our style.

Finishing up some other stuff today, hopefully will have info for this in a day or two.

#774 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

I definitely want to go, just need to get Dan's attention to make sure I had a spot, so sounds like we're on the right path again.

I promise, you never dropped off our radar. I have more than 125 messages currently pending from people who I realized I can't answer their questions and have been doing everything possible to get answers. I expect that list will finally start being reduced instead of increased by thus coming weekend, and once we start reducing it, I expect relatively clear sailing after that, with me and Gary both hopefully able to stay caught up with things!

And trust me, I fear the delays will not be great. I hope that everyone can trust that we're making it right as quickly as possible.

#782 6 years ago

Phew, back after the thread lock or something? I don't know what happened, but ah well!

We're presenting the Wave game on Saturday if anyone is in town and wants to have a fun time. Game starts at 1:05, and should have some different funny stuff thought out the time!

More to come! Just got parking rate thoughts, and so I think I can put together some final details now for machine moving!

27332433_10155465271415939_754003890965133438_n (resized).jpg27332433_10155465271415939_754003890965133438_n (resized).jpg

27332433_10155465271415939_754003890965133438_n (resized).jpg27332433_10155465271415939_754003890965133438_n (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #786 6 years ago

There will be more info coming out on bringing your machines VERY soon now, but before it does, a bunch of people have asked me about bringing a trailer and after a lot of running around, I have some news for that!

If you bring a trailer, based on availability, we will be able to park some trailers directly behind the hall on the large dock space throughout the show. There is a one-time $30 charge for this for every 20' that is used. Trailers that are left on the dock like this may be "parked in" so that we can fit additional trailers up here. We *can not* have automobiles or box trucks parked up here due to a rule from the convention center.

If the top fills, you don't want to park there, or you have a box truck, there is a location directly across from the Hilton that is $20 per parking spot per night. You may detach your trailer and leave just a trailer here if you wish. If you park here, we will reimburse half of your cost for any trailer or box truck, making the total for this $30 per space for the duration of the show. If you have a towing car, I would suggest moving it because it is significantly cheaper and then you have easier access to it.

If you would rather not pay, we will have a lot within 3 miles which will be FREE. We are working on exactly which lot this will be, but we are certain that we have a location that this will happen at.

I hope that this serves everyone's needs well. Trailers / box trucks have been a particularly interesting problem this year because we have NO idea how many there were last year, and we simply don't know how much space we will need.

If this seems to *not* serve anyone, please contact me directly. We will do our best to make additional accommodations to the above if there are things that we have not thought of. I have spent a TON of time trying to make this as fair as possible to everyone, and I hope that it's a good solution for everyone

#788 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks Dan. I have a hand truck question.
    In the past I brought one to aid in load and unload. Without any concern I would leave it in the open truck. Since the space is large and more open. It may look tacky with everyone storing them under their games. Will there be a place for game bringers to park a hand truck out of the main show floor.
    Thanks

Great question and one I haven't thought of yet, but... Yes - I can think of a couple options already about where we could put those within the hall that isn't there. It will either be:

- In a truck or trailer that is parked there that we control so we can open and close it whenever.
    - In the back hallway of the convention center if this is an okay thing to do there (I'm still learning their exact rules...).
    - Behind the giant screen that we have.

One of those would definitely work well

#790 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

I thought we agreed that we would tell them we make our own rules!

I have, I just don't want them walking away on accident

Oh yeah, and we just announced Larry Demar as an attendee!

Pinball industry VIPs announced: 12
    Total VIPs announced: 35

Larry-DeMar3 (resized).pngLarry-DeMar3 (resized).png

3 weeks later
    #799 6 years ago

Whoa. Some part of me still misses it here. Met a LOT of friends in this venue. It's now closed and is apparently left to rot. I was near there camping with my son and wanted to stop by to take pics and I was surprised by the flood of memories. I could literally remember first really talking to Tully (right after he smashed the playfield glass on Monopoly pinball on accident) when I took the pic of the old arcade loading door. Wow.

And by the way, second pic was from through the doors. I didn't even try the doors to get in as I don't feel that's right. Crazy stuff.

IMG_20180304_093248799 (resized).jpgIMG_20180304_093248799 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180304_093355636 (resized).jpgIMG_20180304_093355636 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180304_093507849_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180304_093507849_HDR (resized).jpg

#804 6 years ago

Anyone with a large box truck with some space coming up from the Chicago area? Might have something to beg you for...

1 week later
    #807 6 years ago

Just a quick update, I've been slow to report our vip count, but... Well, here's the latest from Facebook...

Gary Stern of Stern Pinball will be at the Midwest Gaming Classic, and so will more than 30 people from the company that help design and create the amazing pinball machines that we love like Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars, Aerosmith, ACDC, Batman '66 and Metallica... and we'll have those games on hand too!

We're excited to have so many influential designers from Stern Pinball coming to our show, and are excited to play and share what they created!

I am pretty sure that puts us around 50 pinball designers at the moment, and I don't yet have the counts from JJP or American, both of whom have told me they expect to send a contingent up.

Oh yeah, and I have a list of probably 10-15 more that aren't associated with those companies top!

#811 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Why wont Jersey Jack ever come to MGC?

As far as I know, he may be. He's been to the show multiple times in the past, and has sponsored halls. Last year, while he couldn't make it, they sent multiple people including Pat Lawlor.

#813 6 years ago

Quick update, thanks to the guys from Pinball Mayhem for being the first new sponsor for the Midwest Gaming Classic this year! Fun Youtube channel (I've had it on in the background while I've been working on the site) and I really appreciate the help in spreading the word about the show!

#822 6 years ago

The above about IFPA points is correct. The positive is that we are running the tournaments in their "classic" styles which the IFPA rules made us switch in the past to make them worth anything. This means...

Clock Chaos will revert back to it's qualifying, play one final game format.

PinGolf will have a new format that allows you to pick the games you're going to play, which would be disallowed under IFPA rules.

The MPC will go back to the super popular ladder format we did two years ago, which was exciting and loved by everyone participating, but would have halved the points last year.

While I appreciate the IFPA, the combo of Wisconsin law and having a more relaxed time means I'm really looking forward to these this year!

324 posts in this topic match your search for posts by goatdan. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.