(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floyd1977.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#610 6 years ago

I'm really looking forward to this. I attended this year, but didn't bring a game (was in the middle of moving) after bringing one the previous three years. I'm planning to be back with a game this year at the new location!

5 months later
    #954 6 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Purchased my weekend ticket on line...
    9 am Entry to the show for Advance purchased tickets per the website - Correct ?
    Pre-order ticket holders early access starting at 9am to the following:
    Vendor Hall (Saturday)
    Museum and Arcade Hall (Sunday)

Jazman goatdan

So if I'm dropping off a game Saturday morning it sounds like I'll need to arrive by more like 8:30 to get set up in time for people coming in at 9:00?

1 week later
    #1061 6 years ago

If the policy against drinks in the arcade hall applies to all drinks and not just alcoholic ones, in order to keep liquids away from expensive games, I'm down with that.

However, if security allows people to bring in their water, pop and coffee as I have seen in prior years (and then proceed to set them on top of someone's game), then I will be drinking "coffee" all day Saturday.

#1223 6 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Like who? You had to have a wrist band so chances are they contributed in some way or knew someone who brought many games and had a couple bands to spare. Or was there no security actually checking wrist bands?

For sure there was a gamer guy behind me in the pizza line that just had a blue wrist band, but I didn't say anything.

#1225 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Fully agree with this part. I brought a total of 21 games into the hall. I know they offer show cash, and i think that is great, but driving 300 miles with a trailer load of games, the show cash didn't cover my gas. I made a comment that I could easily throw one game in the mini van, get all the same perks (entrance fee and after party) and just have fun. And surprisingly was told, fine, dont bring a trailer load. I honestly felt upset about it, and thought that was a shitty thing to say to someone that brought a 25 foot trailer packed full. Sure made the work ive done of bringing rare and unique games feel unwanted. Ive always supported the show and want to go above and beyond, hell so many people told me that i was nuts for bringing a Goin Nuts to a show and letting it get abused. So filling up more space might be harder if its not appreciated of those that bring so much. Ive always felt like family at MGC, so this really caught me off guard.

Wow, someone involved with running the show said this to you? As someone who does only bring one game, let me say I appreciate you bringing as many games as you do every year.

#1339 6 years ago

I know there are some who want to punish those who pack up early, but hopefully we can draw a distinction between those who sell their game before it's ever set up (as described above) and those who leave an hour early.

Otherwise, it will be a game time decision for me to bring a game based on the weather. I like having the option since I haul my game in a pickup bed and need extra time, live out of state and get up at 4:30a for work. I know, boo hoo

#1346 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

No, I think there is a way to make it more fair. Not no penalty for pulling early, but at the same time tying it to certain things.
    Not saying you, but Show Cash was always supposed to be given to those who had games on the floor until at least 4pm. Same with wristbands. An easy solution would be asking for $25 for early show removal, but allowing us to recoup the costs of claimed bonuses.
    I'm not saying this was you, and I'm also not saying this person even realized what they were doing, but there was someone who got show cash around 11am, handed it to the person they were with, told them to go buy something while they moved the car to pick up the games.
    That goes against the whole theory of how the show cash is supposed to work, and is easy to fix. We could align show cash with Sunday admission prices and I feel like that's not crazy out of line.
    Someone with an unclaimed card then could leave with no penalty. At least, that's my thoughts for the moment...

Yep, definitely not me. I was the guy who stopped you and half-jokingly asked if you could move the show to June.

I have never taken show cash. Always admission.

Great show as usual! I like being in Milwaukee and having plenty of bars, restaurants, etc. within walking distance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floyd1977.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations?tu=floyd1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.