(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,450 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Gornkleschnitzer
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 173 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#218 2 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Strap everyone, this just got real. (Real-er?)
    Dang, it's past midnight?!
    Also... not a hint, but something basically just became official... I'll put it on Facebook in about 9 hours...

FB sucks, post it here!

#220 2 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

All right, we're close enough to the announcement, I'll explain one of my hints they I thought people would pick up on more...

I was trying to refer to post 75 in this thread, where I posted this...

...I had referenced this when asking what is under the JPLW in the picture.
    This has to do with the announcement today if what the show won't be. Tomorrow will be the announcement of what it will be.
    And I'll try to drop in and answer questions... Busy day for me though...

The carpet under the JPLW doesn't match that carpet, so we definitely WON'T be back at the Sheraton, it seems!

#248 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

Not going to lie, a little disappointed. But I'll give almost anything a chance once.

Yes, cautiously optimistic...

#267 2 years ago

Well Dan, you didn't want the thread to die, what else are we supposed to be doing in here?!

#282 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You kidding ? They are awesome. You have to see them to believe them. They are to die for. He must have had braces or surgery or something to make them so cute.
    LTG : )

Someone better be wearing sandals this year!

#310 2 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Not all the announcement are planned for today... I'd keep checking back regularly...

It's today, where's the announcement?! I've got my cc ready to book my room!

#313 2 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

no, I'am at work refreshing this page

I tell you, that feature where pinside tells you when a new post appears in the thread is awesome! robin martijn

#335 2 years ago

The after-party is still on, right? Just want to make sure (found a reference to the Sheraton on here: https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/bring-your-arcade-machines/).

#343 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Cheapskate question: MGC site says Hilton parking is $8/day, but while booking I'm being told $25/day. Is it possible they're just showing the default non-show rate, or is discounted Hilton parking only available for Hilton? Thanks in advance!

Having to pay for parking when you're getting a room sucks, but $8 is better than $25!

This place has got to be set up nice for loading/unloading games too, right? I mean, they host the car show!

#362 2 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Found it! If everything goes right, here is the load in space. If the arrangement goes as we expect, the two red arrows are approximately 30' wide loading ramps that go directly into the convention center. The top one is vendor hall, the lower one is arcade hall. In between the two are 10 full sized semi docks. Spot #1 is a half semi, spot X is a full size semi for comparison.
    We estimate that we could pretty easily fit 20-40 cars at a time up there for loading and unloading, not counting the semis / trailers that we can have beside them.

Oh yeah, that'll do!

Capture (resized).PNG

#364 2 years ago

2019 location confirmed!

"There will be a dedicated speaker hall added next year, as well as other show additions Loosen says will be announced as the event draws closer."

#382 2 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

If you apply a cypher to my words, they become more clear.
    Means: This also hasn't yet fully been announced, but it is in regards to a partnership you can probably figure out if you check out the Hilton's registration page. This partnership is greatly helping us figure out costs - although both groups are remaining independent.

Hmmm, black hat or white hat?

#430 2 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Well then let's start with , who's bringing what?
    I am bringing Total Nuclear Annihilation .

Geez, nothing like ruining the 'who's brining what' thread with the first post. Now whatever I'm bringing is really going to sound like cheap garbage!

1 week later
    #551 2 years ago

Looks sweet!

2 months later
    #709 2 years ago

I'll either bring Cleopatra or Mystic again. Any votes? Both need minor work before travelling, so which should I concentrate on?

#711 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Both!
    If really only one, then mystic again!

One barely fits in the car, so definitely not both.

#714 2 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Mystic was cool , although I'm not sure if I've ever played cleopatra. Strap one to the roof and bring them both .

If Slim64 has extra room, we'll talk.

2 months later
    #795 2 years ago

I assume hand trucks and assistance will be available for those who need it?

1 month later
    #1031 1 year ago

Is pinballlife going to be making a return to the show this year? Hope so.

#1036 1 year ago

Ah well, hopefully they can make it as attendees. I know my wife was looking forward to hanging out with Mrs. PBL.

#1046 1 year ago

So they're not going to be doing pat downs, right? I'll be good with my flask?

#1051 1 year ago

Actually, very good questions. Calling goatdan

#1056 1 year ago

Good stuff guys, thanks!

#1076 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Hyatt regency. They said on Monday no special rates for parking. I haven’t called since then though.

Curious if I'm going to have problems at the Hilton, too.

#1097 1 year ago

I kind of assumed, but probably best if I asked - will Zombie Yeti set up in Artist Alley and sign translites if we bring them?

#1143 1 year ago

If you didn't have a ticket it may because the line for tickets was crazy long (and full).

#1169 1 year ago

The big news of the after party was watching Bowen destroy reactor 9 on the TNA whitewood, which had never been done before. Awesome performance, awesome crowd, awesome reactions.

#1207 1 year ago

Awesome show again. Had a great time. Stand out surprise of the show for me was easily Death Ball. That game was awesome.

#1364 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Make it $100 bucks to pull before 4pm on Sunday.
    People getting the perk of the after party pass should have a reasonable fee associated with pulling early.
    The show depends on games to be there for the whole show so seems appropriate to
    #1 lock down the after party to make sure the perk remains a perk
    #2 make sure anyone getting that perk clearly knows the requirements and is provided the incentive to keep games there for the duration of the show.

I would be happy to chat about it. I am not going off what I feel but rather what I saw. I walked through the hall during after party and stopped counting when I got to 10 people without the needed credentials in the hall. There were also plenty of locals that got in but did not have a game at the show. If this was supposed to be enforced it was done so very poorly and understandable given the lax security guard and limited security for the total number of people in the show. My honest feedback is that security can be stepped up to make this a better perk.
    I also think that with the arrangement of show cash or wristbands it really should be locked down as one OR the other.
    People with multiple games should have to elect to get either:
    1 Sat wristband, 1 sunday wristband, and 1 after party wristband
    OR
    $20 show cash
    Bringing multiple games allowed people to currently get 1 after party pass for each game plus do the show cash. That is a double benefit and if you want to get more games there (not sure if you do) then my honest feedback is to work on this aspect of the show.

I was considering bringing 2 games next year so I didn't have to find an extra party pass for my wife. Assuming you went with all of the above, I would bring 0 games next year.

#1368 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Why is that? If you are bringing two games and having two people then you would cash them in for show/party passes and be all set.

Ok, I replied too fast. I read a lot more of the thread and realize my mistake. I would take all the weekend passes, and that would be fine. $200 for leaving the show 1 hr early is a bit harsh though. I had to leave at 3 because of the snow and my drive this year. Tried to stick it out as long ad i could.

#1382 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Holy criminy because he's more of a pal I sometimes forget he's a vendor but Jesse at Pincades is the greatest guy ever. Or at least in Gary, IN.
    Thanks Jesse and Ryan for bringing all the Houdinis.

Hey, we don't live in Gary, thems fighting words!

#1389 1 year ago

Btw, I'll add Jesse is a great dude and hooked me up this year. Also had the best looking booth, IMO! And candy!

#1404 1 year ago

My biggest issue with the show was the $4.50 bottles of water. That kind of shit should be illegal. (I know that's a venue issue, not a show issue.)

#1436 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

combined with the purposefully hot tap from the bubblers, someone should get kicked in the junk...

The one on the 2nd floor was fine.

Quoted from MikeS:

Was the water in the vending machines $4.50 as well? I drank the coconut water from these all weekend which were $4 which didn't seem outrageous. In convenience stores they're around $3.

Yeah, same price everywhere.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Go to the united center in Chicago, I kid you not they charge $6 for a 16oz bottle of water (small beers are $10).

Yeah, them too. AND they won't let you bring in your own. At least at the show you can do that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 110.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside