(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animesuperj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

No, we got this on our own afterwards! And yes, my poor two year old son got dragged through negotiations today. Poor fella.

Hmm....the panda express in Brookfield isn't finished being built yet; but there is one very close to Miller Park.

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Dan's phone makes him look like an idiot when it autocorrects him.

Yeah, it's the phones fault

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's glorious...
    http://www.kegkiller.com
    Basically an open air bar. They open it during other events throughout the year (even winter I'm pretty sure).

I instantly left that site after the page loaded. Horrible UX.

#316 6 years ago

Now to decide between staying at the Hilton vs the Hyatt.....

#324 6 years ago

The arcade hall will be on the Wells St side, not Wisconsin St? Is it in Ballroom A, B, C or D?

#333 6 years ago

Might be fun to setup a group brewery tour now that they're a couple close. Lakefront is always a good one.

#353 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Found it! If everything goes right, here is the load in space. If the arrangement goes as we expect, the two red arrows are approximately 30' wide loading ramps that go directly into the convention center. The top one is vendor hall, the lower one is arcade hall. In between the two are 10 full sized semi docks. Spot #1 is a half semi, spot X is a full size semi for comparison.
    We estimate that we could pretty easily fit 20-40 cars at a time up there for loading and unloading, not counting the semis / trailers that we can have beside them.

Will all of MGC be on the first floor of the convention center? Since that loading doc is on the 3rd floor, we're using the 2 freight elevators then to move things down? Will the spot on 5th and Wells also be available to bring stuff in; since that's about the only surface area for loading/unloading?

#354 6 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

Will all of MGC be on the first floor of the convention center? Since that loading doc is on the 3rd floor, we're using the 2 freight elevators then to move things down? Will we be able to use the spot on 5th and Wells to load in as well?

#359 6 years ago

Cool, having it on the third floor will actually help; especially with loading area. All the floors would have plenty of space, just where the show ended up in the convention center. Having to NOT deal with the elevators is a plus.

Quoted from goatdan:

No, we are using approximately 93,000 square feet of the upper level, and then some additional stuff on the second level.
    To put it into perspective, the vendor tent will be able to fit into the new vendor hall, including staking it down. Twice. With room to walk around it.
    The arcade hall will be next door. Combing it with the museum space, it will be able to fit approximately triple the amount we did last year for the two events combined.
    We are utilizing "up to" 14 rooms one level down. By that, I mean the 14 rooms we had will go there, but I'm asking rooms that were like 200 square feet if they want like 2000 square feet, so we're having to adjust a bit. It may be 13 or 12 rooms instead, as they are divisible. Most individual rooms will double to quintuple in size.

#365 6 years ago

I worked another convention where I brought games and dealt with the loading dock. The thing is huge. You'll have to come in up one ramp; entering off 6th between Wells and Kilbourn. Then you exit off the other side back onto 6th. The dock might get a little hectic during peak unload/load times, with cars, car + trailers or larger trucks (semi/uhauls). But, it's not really any worse than Brookfield. Once you come through the dock doors, there's a back hallway with large doors leading into the convention space. Pretty much a straight stop through the dock into the arcade hall; since it'll be on the 3rd floor.

#366 6 years ago

Dan, is something worked out, or planned to be worked out for parking if you have a trailer attached? Or bringing larger trucks? I know for other shows, we parked in the Wisconsin Center lot; off 5th an Wells; but since that parking is for the convention center and not the hotel; just wanted to see if there was a special rate worked out with them?

#494 6 years ago

Dan, for other shows larger trucks and trailers used the convention center surface lot between Wells and Kilbourn. I believe a special rate was worked out with the show and center. Is that something on the table of possibilities for parking space?

1 month later
    #618 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

No parking meters on sundays

Also if you don't mind a bit of a walk (0.5 miles from the Wisconsin Center, about 7 minutes), you can park for free 24/7. Only downside is it's on the street. I've done it before over conventions and haven't had a problem, but you'd want to make sure nothing is left in your car.

2 weeks later
    #660 6 years ago

Places I can think of (and have been to before):
    - Safe House
    - Rock Bottom
    - Ale Asylum
    - Mo's Irish Pub
    - Old German Beer Hall

There's a lot more around the Wisconsin Center if you head east and a little north of the river; but it's more of a walk. There's also Lakefront Brewery, which I've walked to before from the Wisconsin Center; but would best/easiest to probably uber over.

2 months later
    #754 6 years ago

Goodbye paypal balance, poster purchased!

2 weeks later
    #794 6 years ago

Note for the load in doc. If you'd like to view it on google maps, the address is: 850 N 6th St. Milwaukee, WI

You can see where you have to pull in to go up the spiral ramp to the third level. Entrance is closer to Kilbourn, exit is closer to the Wisconsin side.

1 month later
    #886 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

That's rogarou at cedar point. It has a track length of 3900 feet. 3900 IRON MAIDENS * C O N F I R M E D *

Arcade hall is only Iron Maiden pins....sweet!

2 weeks later
    #1030 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Exactly. Makes no sense not to fill them with people who are able to be there at the vacated timeslot.
    The argument about time restraints holds no water. You make it very clear that the games are set up hard. It’s a good idea. Plus many people are walking up to some of these unique games for the very first time. And most importantly time is allotted for 90 players.
    How limited our the slots for arcade all volunteers? Can I get in?

Just put on a fake mustache and say your name is whoever's spot you want to take. Problem solved.

#1255 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

- Research alternate escape route via freight elevator out to wells on the ground floor for people with only 1 or 2 games to load.

I had asked Aaron when load-out started if that was possible, since there is a single dock/parking spot on the ground level of 5th and Wells (under the over pass) where you can load out. I was told it was a no go, everything was to be loaded out through the dock. Maybe something we can look into for next year? Or some other option?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animesuperj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations?tu=animesuperj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.