(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingPinGames.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

They need a big ass space for spooky pinball. They have been tucked in that little corner for a long time.

that's where they like to be though. i asked them about coming directly inside with me last year (since i am a distributor for them) and they said they enjoyed being outside of the main hall. I have to agree with them as the main hall gets rather warm and there is a cool breeze that comes off of the deck out there.

#201 6 years ago

clever, clever. what could it all mean?

#297 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

what happens when Mario gets a mushroom in the original Super Mario Bros?

Dan,

have you been eating mushrooms again? is that what this is all about?

#304 6 years ago

as mario his sprite is 13 x 16
    as super mario his sprite is 32 x 16

he is more than doubling his size.

????

disclaimer, i am not that much of a nerd, i did have to google that. that being said, i still have no idea what it all means.

#307 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

my guess was not too far off.
    so 2.46 bigger! wow. Kingpin, how many semis are you hauling in?

(1) 53' would be about 50 games, so... maybe 2 should be good for me. we will see what happens today with the reveal.

#322 6 years ago

3 xl hoodies ordered. thank you

do i pick them up at the show? i will have forgotten about them by then, so it should be a pleasant surprise.

#326 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

I will just leave this here.

that is a cool looking toy!

#370 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

MGC Newbie here - Strictly talking pinball and pinball vendors ... Will this be bigger than Chicago Expo - more pins and more vendors? Is the Garcade $20 for free play once you're in the door?

much larger than expo. even before the move over to the Wisconsin Center it was larger. Expo is a show for companies (JJP, Spooky, Stern, Multimophics, etc, etc) to release new games. MGC is the show to PLAY the new games.

#424 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crashnburn:

Tickets purchased and rooms booked. I cannot wait. The venue looks great but there will be a lot more walking. Oh my aching feet. I hope there will be a few strategically placed chairs.

dan mentioned that they had to pay for chair rental. perhaps i should load up a couple of the coin-operated massage chairs that i have in the warehouse....

#429 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Dan, I didn't see you mention it, but I presume the city has come around, then, on the crazy "license for each game" requirement issue?
    Any give on the tournament prizes?

I thought that was Brookfield, not Milwaukee. Regardless, it is a state issue, it just so happens Brookfield wanted to enforce it.

#445 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

FYI-Hilton is sold out already. I got a room at the Marriott SpringHill right across the street from main entrance for $146/n including tax. Parking at hotel is $30/day, but the front desk told me I can park in outside lot for $15/day.

Holy Balls Batman! that was fast. wonder how many rooms were set aside.

#454 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Why would anyone book monday?
    Am I missing something? Fri and sat are the main nights to book a room

there are a few people that would like some extra time to get everything loaded and out of the building. personally, I have stayed Sunday night twice just because it was late and shitty weather so, i didn't feel like driving home after working and then loading. i wouldn't think there would be enough to sell out the Hilton, but perhaps some people are just planning ahead.

#497 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Thanks Dan,
    Not trying to put more on your table, but I know others like Chris (kingpin) are in the same boat. When your truck trailer combo is over 45 feet long, you have to ask these question.
    I know at the Sheraton, it always becomes an issue for me. I generally have to park my truck, and be stuck at the venue. The one time that I unhooked my trailer and used my truck to run to firehouse subs (for Rob Anthony) I come back and some idiot parked in front of my trailer where I couldn't hook back up until they were found. which took hours. That's not on MGC, that's just someone being an idiot not thinking that it takes a truck to move the trailers, lol

this year, my truck(s) will be in one of the semi docks.

probably will be one of the largest collections of games any one person/company will have brought into MGC ever (and I have brought in 48ft of packed truck and trailer before). it's going to be a fun event.

#503 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I may have a big truck as well

from what i have heard it is more like a matchbox car, but it is all in the eyes of the beholder.

4 months later
    #748 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Awesome! I hope this is still happening a couple years from now when my little guy is big enough to enjoy it.

seeing that you, my brother, and myself all have a child within a month of each other... i would say there is a good chance it will continue.

#765 6 years ago

I would also like to remind people in the market for jjp games, that I will have demo woz 75, hobbit black arrow and dialed in limited edition. They will be removed from the box on Thursday for set up. Free delivery to the show, you take the game home Sunday after the show and I give you a great price to let me use it for the show. I will also have nib games available for purchase. Let me know. Some are already spoken for.

#767 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

JJPOTC should be out by then .... just sayin

If they are then we will discuss terms. I don't want to promise things I can't deliver.

1 month later
    #903 6 years ago

not here to clog this thread with vendor games, so I will just say this.

Show specials on

Wizard of Oz 75th
    Hobbit Black Arrow
    Dialed In Limited

Medieval Madness Remake (standard edition)
    Attack From Mars Remake (classic edition)
    Attack From Mars Remake (special edition)

also used games (golden tee 2017, big buck hunter world, touchscreens, kiddie rides, etc, etc). Please pm me as to not derail this thread.

#913 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

how cool would that be if MGC had a roller coaster? I mean there is alot of space. kingpin probably owns one

I have some of these

#936 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Chicago Gaming Company is sending me to MGC. I picked up a new tool box for MGC and TPF. Though repairs have almost been none existent. Last year at TPF a broken prototype launch bracket, this year one spring. I don't like not being ready.
    LTG : )
    Disclaimer: I was going to bring a roll cabinet. I decided to condense things even more.

FYI, I will have all of my tools with also. I am also the NEW local distributor for both American Pinball and Chicago Gaming (not to mention JJP and Spooky). Between Llyod and myself, I don't think there will be any issues with the games.... so if you want to fill your tool cart with beer... I will not object to that.

1 week later
    #1221 6 years ago

People's Choice
    Best Light Gun Games (Big Buck Hunter World Deluxe)

MGC Awards
    Best Vendor
    Unique and Rare (Udderly Tickets) (cow) 2nd year in a row for this award on two different titles
    Outstanding Orginal (Green Dragon Kiddie Ride)

30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg

#1331 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

this happened. Thanks, Kingpin?

I am not sure what you are talking about. My trailer was full and I couldn't fit this one. I left it on the dock and it was gone when I came back....

That's my story anyways.

#1341 6 years ago

alright, after finishing those last 3 pages of new posts here are my thoughts (if anyone cares).

Overall - AMAZING show. Were there some issues? Sure. Show me a perfectly run show.

Big shout out to ALL the volunteers. I am going to "pull a Dan" and hope that I can remember everyone that helped me. Ron, Chris, Tom, Keith, Dan, Tully, Ken, Bug, Chris, Dom, Doug Skor (CGC), Llyod, Eric P, Eric (my brother), Rob A, Broddie (and his cousin, sorry I just can't remember), Jesse, Mike W. These people (and all the ones I surely forgot) were (ARE) instrumental me getting my games set up and powered on. I was to the point where the Kiddie Ride Menagerie was going to be "for display only" since i was tired of moving them multiple times, but Chris and Tom (and I think others) moved them and powered them up for me.

I can say that I am in the same boat as troy when it comes to after-party passes. I game away one pass to a friend and the rest were not given away at all. If you wanted a pass from me this year, you either helped for 4 hours (cleaning games that came in) or you bought a game.

Loadout.... for me it went smoothly. That being said, I wasn't done breaking down my booth until almost 10 pm so there wasn't a line when I was loading.

Loved the bright lights, open space, and vertical height. All of this eliminated that dungeon feel.

Concerns for me:

Find better shoes (or find a roll of 18' wide by 150' long carpet remnant at menards) so my standing there all day is enjoyable

Going to have to evaluate what to bring next year. While bringing a ton of games is always fun, I might have to pull a marco and sell more in advance (and convince those people to set up their own game... that was simply brilliant.)

Learn to walk away from the booth and enjoy a game (or two) of pinball. I played one game of Iron Maiden with Tom (and beat him 80 mil to 10 mil) and one game on houdini. That was really it.

Looking forward to next year. Going to have to figure out what is "Unique and Rare" so I can win for a 3rd year in a row!

Thank you again to everyone that helps out. Even though I don't participate in a lot of it (Clock Chaos, the vendor hall, the console museum, etc), I truly appreciate everyone's efforts.

#1345 6 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

He thinks MGC is better than the Dells, so I'm good with that!

It is. The dells is just a trap.

#1359 6 years ago

It's all good

Jjp - invisiglass
    Stern - hd glass
    Api - magic glass

All the same product. Take care with all of it.

Thanks to llyod for the help with the jjp and cgc and thanks to Josh and api for help with houdini. That being said, there were very few issues across the 22 pins (2 were houdini from pincades) that were in the lineup.

#1386 6 years ago

Technically, Jesse (Pincades) brought all 4 of them to the show. 2 of them were for me, but he did bring them all.

Quoted from LTG:

Chris at Kingpin games brought 2, Jesse and Ryan brought 2.
    Both great distributors and helped make MGC special. As did the Gryszzz. Seeing you always makes the day !
    LTG : )

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingPinGames.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations?tu=KingPinGames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.