(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#369 6 years ago

MGC Newbie here - Strictly talking pinball and pinball vendors ... Will this be bigger than Chicago Expo - more pins and more vendors? Is the Garcade $20 for free play once you're in the door?

#463 6 years ago

Okay, my wife and I will be going for the first time. I didn't have to twist her pinhead arm much at all. Need more info on the Saturday night options for us low life's that will not be bringing a pin. Bar vs. Garcade? Will those sell out quickly too?

#533 6 years ago

Is the Tom Taylor Arcade within walking distance, shuttle? How far away is it? Do you have to pay for parking there? If so, how much is it?

Just trying to figure out and line up my shopping cart full of things to purchase for the event.

#535 6 years ago

Anybody know how much extra per day the WIFI is at the Hilton? Hyatt is complementary WIFI but parking is higher. Not going to be in the room all that much, but need WIFI.

#536 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Anybody know how much extra per day the WIFI is at the Hilton? Hyatt is complementary WIFI but parking is higher. Not going to be in the room all that much, but need WIFI.

Never mind ... I used the chat feature for the Hilton reservation website. They looked it up and it is free with our group rates for the room and lobby.

4 weeks later
    #600 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

The idea behind them is people who travel in to see our event do not have anything to do after the event closes, and have asked for something for ages. For shows that feature pinball and arcade machines, we *may* be the show with the least overall hours - we are only open 10 hours on Saturday and 7 on Sunday. If you compare that to Pinball Expo for instance where you can go play pinball at 2am pretty much no matter what, our hours are truly really short for people who come to visit. So, we're trying to solve that with some cool options, while still having the great party for everyone who brought stuff as usual.

Much appreciated and one of the reasons we are going. Nothing worse than spending all the money to get there with hotel nights only to get kicked out of the show early evening and have nothing to do. Sounds like fun and it will be our first time attending the show.

#602 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Hooray! Which party are you planning on attending?

We have tickets for both pre-parties on Friday, and the 42 party on Saturday night. Sounds like fun. We have to leave to head home mid day on Sunday to get home by a reasonable hour, so we want to get our trip's worth of fun with all of the 'extra' shindigs. It makes it worth it to us - thanks for organizing them.

A suggestion ... put the event website link in your first post so that event newbies do not have to hunt for it as much in this thread. Also maybe add the event to the Pinside Events calendar with the link and detailed description to get more attention.

2 weeks later
    #633 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I've got a whole bunch more VIP announcements already confirmed, including five more pinball designers, and at least five other people who are pinball industry alumni. I'm thinking about announcing one VIP a day with the exception of Saturdays until the end of the month at least.
    I know that we haven't been known for having industry at the show, but I think people will be pleasantly surprised by just what we've already got lined up this year!

I'm new to the show ... by "announcements" or "will be there" confirmations, what does that mean? They will be attending the show, signing autographs at a booth, doing a seminar on a topic, ...? If they are just "there" mingling and playing games I probably will not recognize most of them. Just trying to understand the VIP thing.

#635 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

That was a long answer, hope it helps!

Yes, that makes the general idea clearer ... more of a "details still to come on an individual basis", but informal appearances for the most part. I wont have to rent a tux.

2 months later
    #763 6 years ago

I made this out of a framed glass front shadow box for my Dirty Donny poster. I added black light LEDs and black moldings to hide the LEDs.

20180124_201331 (resized).jpg20180124_201331 (resized).jpg

20180124_201404 (resized).jpg20180124_201404 (resized).jpg

#766 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I would also like to remind people in the market for jjp games, that I will have demo woz 75, hobbit black arrow and dialed in limited edition. They will be removed from the box on Thursday for set up. Free delivery to the show, you take the game home Sunday after the show and I give you a great price to let me use it for the show. I will also have nib games available for purchase. Let me know. Some are already spoken for.

JJPOTC should be out by then .... just sayin

#783 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

That turned out really nice. Affordable to do?

Shadow box with lexan front - $60 (Michaels)
    Black light LED with power adapter - $26 (EBay) - lots extra left
    90 degree outside corner molding - less than $2 per foot (Home Depot)
    Glue and black spray paint with primer - less than $10 (Home Depot)

So ... a little less than $100 + the poster.

2 months later
    #1077 6 years ago

I don't remember our time slots for the VIG Friday tournament and that doesn't show up on our ticket receipts. Can't find it in any emails. Is there a way to check that so that we don't accidentally miss our time slot?

#1086 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

best I can do at this moment

Thanks! But ... the VIG ticket says that it starts at 6PM. We definitely would have missed our time slot. Please explain for me and others. Does VIG start at 3PM?

#1126 6 years ago

Important .... for those staying at hilton, check in first and park at street enterance to get a room key. The room key gives you access to the designated parking structure. Do not use the right entrance to the parking structure as the room key gate fob thingy isn't working. Use the parking entrance on the left. You won't struggle with extra stress like we did if you follow this.

#1134 6 years ago
    Quoted from waldo34:

Setup my pin and bought one already, New location is awesome. Is there print out of events or map? I didn't see one. Thanks.

They are posted on poles in the hall down on level 2, probably some up on level 3 also.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations?tu=KingBW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.