(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago

Well, crap, it took me 3-4 years to find a good spot for my table.
    Does this magical unicorn infested future location have a good spot for my table?

In all honesty, it's currently about an 8-9 hour drive to get there from my Dakota location. I hope it doesn't get further away.

-Hans

#91 6 years ago

Aaaaaaaaand the brewers shirt, plus brewers pants, are WAY too clean on the youngster to be anything but brand-new.

Did Miller just get re-paved?

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

So for the record, I'm either a diabolical genius, dropping some good hints here, or I can't believe how many unintended coincidences came together in the above picture.
    I'll let you decide which one is correct.

Either way, you just keep doing what you're doing. I'm along for the ride, regardless of the result.

And at the rate I'm going with designing new product I MAY just have a new thing in time for that 2019 show.
    But it's going to be close.

-Hans

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I hope it does nto take that long to get me my LED board for Andromeda

Nah, those'll be ready sooner. Production pieces, well, who knows. Not like there's a HUGE market for gameplan lamp driver boards.
    Ok, enough threadjacking here.

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

No, keep it up! Usually I make a post about mgc and then there is a bunch of silence. It nice having a thread on fire!
    I'm going to announce, and if the thread isn't all thread jacked it'll just die

I dunno, a big threadjack about potential LED compatible Gameplan LDU boards could be a thread-killer here. Have you ever looked at how many Gameplan threads there are on pinside? I've seen more "Krull Pinball For Sale" postings.

#146 6 years ago

Oh, I see how it is now.

#171 6 years ago

Now if only I was a big enough business to be able to sponsor anything.
    I can't promise 100% I'll be there, as I have a big event of my own planned for 2018/2019 during the May timeframe, but if there aren't any conflicts I will be there. Bring unicorns.

#388 6 years ago

So, where is my table (with unicorns) going to be located? I'd like a corner setup please.
    Someplace nice.

-Hans

#391 6 years ago

Well, I don't need power or wifi.

You know me and my stuff enough I think, so how about I just trust you on it. Two tables, prefer a corner, near pinball center mass.

No guarantees I'll be doing any new product launches but I do have a few things in the pipe.

-Hans

#508 6 years ago

Man, the pile of crap for my clearance table just keeps stacking up. Found a pile of Gundam Wing action figures from 2001/2002 still in the packages.

-Hans

1 week later
    #553 6 years ago

Oh, that's probably way low actually.

Figure your average out of town guest here, and let's say 1,000 people travel into Brookfield for the show, and they're sharing hotel costs. Not an absurd number of people either. Figure 500-600 in the Sheraton, and we all know how fast that sells out, so people are definitely elsewhere.

Per Person
    Hotel $200
    Food $100
    Tickets $60
    Gas $15

You'rs already at $375,000 if they're super cheap and don't spend a dime anywhere else in town on anything. If they each spend on average $100 on 'stuff', you've just about hit the half million mark already.

#571 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

More details to come, but there is a lot of interesting stuff you can do in an arena...

That's what she said

1 week later
    1 month later
    #672 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Is that actually a thing?
    Am I dropping really obscure hints, or does everyone just assume I am now? Even I don't know what to think now.

You can obfuscate everything you want in this thread...... just make sure to keep the venue happy.

2 months later
    #741 6 years ago

Shoot, that reminds me, never did hear back from Gary about locations.....

I might want to get off my ass and sort that out.

2 weeks later
    #762 6 years ago

Tried e-mailing Gary back in, like, September when vendor registration opened up. Was trying to pick where I was going to have my table and figure out the layout. Never did hear a response. I'm guessing all the good spots are probably gone at this point. May sit this one out.

#769 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

You have been in a non-standard location for a while and had indicated that was what you were looking for. We are literally still working on exactly what that looks like because of the significant amounts of changes that this location is causing. I spent most of last week in meetings with the location, and expect to actually have answers for a lot of different things by the time this week is over.
    I know it took longer than expected - trust me, us too, it's been terribly frustrating - but we will get in touch soon. If it isn't too late, we'd love to have you.

Would still love to be there. My concern is that as time goes on it gets more expensive and less convenient for me, and god only knows where I'll find a room at this point.

#773 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

You have to go. I need to buy at least one thing from you every year!

So is this a bad time to tell you almost everything has a new and improved version since last year?

I definitely want to go, just need to get Dan's attention to make sure I had a spot, so sounds like we're on the right path again.

-Hans

1 month later
    #815 6 years ago

Got my room booked at the Doubletree.
    MGC rates weren't available, but the hotels.com rates were cheaper anyway.

2 weeks later
    #974 6 years ago

Hey, I think I see myself at #22 on that map!

Which reminds me, I'm really struggling to build up much inventory right now. Business so far this year has been very brisk. So if anybody REALLY needs something, let me know and I can set it aside for you.

-Hans

#995 6 years ago

Just scored me a new supplier today. Will have a couple of these along for the ride.

IMG_0803 (resized).JPGIMG_0803 (resized).JPG

IMG_0804 (resized).JPGIMG_0804 (resized).JPG

#997 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I like those. how much?

$250 including the lights, full color RBG's. They're laser cut stainless with a hefty wall mount. IIRC they're 9"x18" or so.
    Haven't brought them home yet, paint too fresh to package today.

Had them do one for my basement stairs too.

IMG_0805 (resized).JPGIMG_0805 (resized).JPG

#1038 6 years ago

Well, time to pack the car, rolling tomorrow morning. Was planning on driving out Friday, but would rather not suffer through the weather excessively. Going to stop at a waterpark in the Dells tomorrow afternoon.

-Hans

#1066 6 years ago

Packing the car, driving out in a couple hours.

Going to overnight at an indoor waterpark in the Dells tonight. Kinda excited about that too.
    Will be weird doing this trip solo, without the family, but gotta do what you gotta do.

-Hans

#1069 6 years ago

I'm not expecting gourmet food, but I'm staying at Mt.Olympus, partly for the all-inclusive food.
    Plenty of pins to plan on Saturday/Sunday.

-Hans

#1098 6 years ago

Yep, Picked mt Olympus mostly for the price and to hopefully not be bored. Snagged you that pass.

I was betting on it being petty empty for the Thursday in April day before a big storm. Looks like that plan worked. It’s empty here.

#1109 6 years ago

So out of curiosity, new unloading area for vendors inside or outside?

#1111 6 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Storms are supposed to be mild to nothing till saturday afternoon and even then not much from what I see...

All depends where you are. Back home (South Dakota) they’re talking an inch or two of rain, then 8”-12” of snow.

Hoping the Wisconsin side of it really will be a non-event. At least it’s a short drive from here.

#1119 6 years ago

Time to get on the road again. Gonna stop and buy some race car stuff and make a return at REI on the way. Hope to roll in just before noon

#1162 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Does anyone know what Marcos is doing with all those Iron Maiden pros? Selling at a discount? Are they all spoken for?

I believe they are all spoken for, prior to even being set up. Owners names are on the apron cards.

#1177 6 years ago

Wee bit of a line to get into the loading dock. So don’t be casual loading up. Almost an hour wait to get in right now.
    Also a zero tolerance for cutting the line.

#1185 6 years ago

Thanks for watching out for me EJS. Stopped just after Madison for some food at the moment. Once I got past Madison they are salting I-90/I-94. But starting to plan where I’ll be stopping. Roads are not awesome.

Not sure how much further tonight but I gotta be in Red Wing at 10am tomorrow for a work meeting.

#1193 6 years ago

Stick a fork in me, I’m done driving. Stopped in Tomah finally. Things getting icy real quick.

#1212 6 years ago

Just rolled into the driveway. Thank you, work, for the 3 hour detour and 3 hour meeting today. Sure made the trip home a lot more than it needed to be.

#1348 6 years ago

Just as an alternative, maybe tie some of the better perks toward the following year. After it hits 5pm, hand out the free entry or show cash to the NEXT show, to whomever owns the game at that point. Things like that. I did see one game getting pulled from the floor and loaded up again on Thursday, so don't know what the deal was there. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps it had a major failure.

From the vendor side, the foot traffic was much better for me, only my own obscure product line was limiting my sales. Venue was superb, only minor glitches that really didn't bother me enough to mention. People already covered the few things I'd mention, and sounds like they're already in the works to improve on. Snow wasn't Dan or Gary's fault. I expect loadout will go better next year now that people have a better understanding of it.

Either way, can't wait to get back again.

#1361 6 years ago

For the sake of curiosity, what was up with the color DMD’s in a row? By the end of the show, most of them had a horizontal line in about the same point. Wondered if it may have been line noise from the power setup or something.

#1370 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

You must have been seeing some kind of glare, like off the LED edge of the custom arcade control panel edge across from them — the Displays were fine.

Normally I'd agree with you, but I was rarely in a spot to NOT look at them where I was set up. Started on TFTC, then Dr. Who, a bit on Star Wars but not as pronounced, can't remember the other machine I saw it happening on. May have been the STTNG, but it was a long day. Looked like they were dropping a row, always about 1/3 of the way down. But, like I said, could have also been some noise on the power system for the building or on that particular line.

#1372 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Won't go into details but just say that we know about that and no benefits were claimed for that game and was taken by the same person who brought it (ie: not a sale).

Then I'm not going to worry about it in the least. There's always going to be some legitimate situations that preclude games from being on the floor.

#1375 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

i know that i brought in games that were sold prior to the show, and that all 4 of them were on the floor, and remained there until sunday around 3. I did have 3 games that were sold that the people did not want in the show, and they were left in the trailer and not brought in. I wasn't thrilled about one of them not making it in, but it wasn't my choice on that one.
    The Qberts Quest that i brought was presold, and part of the sale was that it had to remain on the floor for the show, no questions, and the buyer had no problem with that clause of the sale

And thank you for getting that Qbert there. That game is odd, for sure, but man there aren't many chances for anybody to play one. Had to stop and get a couple games in on it.

#1437 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Man I played alot of games this weekend. when are the dates next year?

Just send me the invoice for my booth. Same location as this year, plus electricity.

#1440 6 years ago

Sorry. Didn’t mean to quote on that one. Just sayin I’m looking forward to next year.

Still exhausted from this year

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations?tu=HHaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.