(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Goonie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

The location is reviewed each year, as space has been an issue at the Sheraton for some time. Finding the right fit/cost is a challenge.

I heard that Miller Park offered to host the show as part of an esports thing. I think that's the running thought at the moment.

#6 6 years ago

I had just sent Dan a message and asked if he talked with the Brewers. He said he was talking to someone there Friday.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

...but I will say I'm impressed that no one immediately called me an idiot for talking with Miller Park. Thanks, guys! (seriously!) It seems like some people trust us.

Idiot!

#30 6 years ago

This could be one of said contracts currently in negotiation. No need to worry about hotels.

Screenshot_20170911-203359 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170911-203359 (resized).png

Or, perhaps not.

#89 6 years ago

Or, maybe that's not at Panda Express. Maybe it's a setup made to "look" like it's at Panda Express.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

That looks like Sheraton carpet...we're staying! Woohoo!
    (if not, i'm going to really, really miss our old home. )

To one of your two comments my friend, i say..."Yes".

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

... it'll just die

gooniesneversaydie (resized).jpggooniesneversaydie (resized).jpg

#172 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Brick preview.

Looks well constructed.

#186 6 years ago

Did someone say beer and pinball?

#266 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Oooo ham! It's at the Honey Baked Ham store in Milwaukee! They have a Super Ball dispenser near the door. Though I'm not sure what the paper towel means.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Well, ham can be a bit greasy sometimes. It's probably just to wipe your mouth. I think you may be on to something though.

#273 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Someplace where they didn't clean up all the blood.
    LTG : )

Does this have anything to do with Dan's apparent need for a pedicure...per your post above?

Why are you in close relations with Dan's toes anyway?

#325 6 years ago

I will just leave this here.

IMG959588 (resized).jpgIMG959588 (resized).jpg

#544 6 years ago

We need to make sure Taro gets his VIP badge again. Unlimited, all access pass for that boy!

3 weeks later
    #591 6 years ago

Yeah, man, Dan really did let this thread die. WTF!

1 week later
    #620 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

It depends on how you look at it. Basically, we can't allow carry ins of stuff, but I believe both hotels have "convenience rooms" or something like that where you can do that. In the hall itself, we have to have the center provide it.
    The plan, by the way, is that we will have a certain number of kegs of beer on tap for free served by a bartender, similar in numbers to what we brought last year. The bartender will also serve, for a price, whatever mixed drinks people want. This will be in or near the hall, and I'm still working out some details.
    Theoretically Domino's is still good, but I need to confirm that with them, this whole thing has been nuts. Gary and I going to the basketball ball game on Thursday was like the first break either of us have had in a while, and other than tasting the beers (that was Admirals Ale by the way, a beer brewed only for the UW Panther Arena that we can also get and quite tasty) and spending half the game still talking about the show, it was nice to get away for a bit

It really was. Often at the end of games that the Bucks lose, I feel kind of sad about the whole experience, but this one was just great the whole way. With about a minute left, my dad turned to me and said should we go (he was there too ) and I said no, let's enjoy the last minute of professional basketball in this building. And we did.
    Giannis damn near hitting three treys in a row didn't hurt either.
    I wish they had imploded the Bradley Center already and were doing all their games at that arena this year, I love it. I'm excited to get the chance to be back for a Wave game soon!

You know, some pinball machines are big enough to hold beer inside. In fact, some are designed specifically to do that.

1 week later
    #639 6 years ago

Don't forget to add one of the most important VIP's to your list...Taro.

1 week later
    #658 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I don't know if these are the most happening bars , but there is rock bottom real close and across the river from rock bottom is The Safe House . I have enjoyed both places the times I have been there . Rock Bottom is a brewhouse so they make their own beer on site a few pretty good ones . The safe house is james bond /spy theme with secret passages and such .

+1 for The Safe House. That place is awesome!

1 month later
    #697 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I did this. I remembered to film the dock too. Check it out on our Facebook page!
    Http://www.facebook.com/MGCgaming/

So basically, the Sheraton fits on the doc. Woa!

#701 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

The dock is for sure larger than the tent was. By a lot.
    Maybe in the future when we max out the half a million square feet here, we could set up a tent on the dock and promote a throwback year?

Well, at least we could get the water to roll "out" of the tent up there!

2 months later
    #789 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

- In the back hallway of the convention center if this is an okay thing to do there (I'm still learning their exact rules...).

I thought we agreed that we would tell them we make our own rules!

1 month later
    #828 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Wow.
    That's all I can say at the moment, just... Wow.
    News to come.

Amen to that!

#831 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh the antici...

Okay, well, rumor has it that Bangerjay bobble heads "may" be for available sale at the show. AND, you might get Jay to personally autograph it.

20180303_182654 (resized).jpg20180303_182654 (resized).jpg

#832 6 years ago

No wait, that's probably not it.

#859 6 years ago

Well I have a complaint! Why have we heard nothing about a mechanical bull ride? Must have! Why have we heard nothing about the miniature train ride that will take us from vendor to vendor? Must have!

You suck!

#866 6 years ago

We have now entered...the Twilight Zone.

#869 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

...but if you are interested contact Aaron ...

Hey, that's me!

1 week later
    #1004 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey All,
    Since I'm now not attending MGC. I have 2 - Tom Taylor tickets for the afternoon on Friday. $40.00. That's what i paid for them. Just want to give someone a chance to see the collection. Once PayPal transaction is complete I will send tickets, directions and other details.
    chris

What? No bueno! Don't worry, I'll take that new game home with me for safe keeping.

#1011 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

At least there's no tent to worry about!!!

Okay, so a part of me is thinking...rain? Sure. Bring it! Yeah! No tent!!

1 week later
    #1208 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The volunteers for the pinball area really deserve another round of applause. Tully, Keith, Tom, Chris, Eric, and a host of others who I'm forgetting right now, who bust their behinds moving, coordinating, and helping people set up. Mike Williams also put long hours on the dock from what I understand. Most of these guys also have long drives to get back to their homes.
    Thanks again.

#1244 5 years ago
    Quoted from mjwilliams:

...I only have one suggestion for improvement:
    Don’t let anyone named Greg anywhere near the dock

- Mike

Quoted from PinballKen:

Probably Aaron. goonie Every time I saw him this weekend he had a huge smile on his face.

Well, not everytime. It tended to fall off whenever a certain person named Greg came around. Although, after a while I just ran away and left him with Keith.

Quoted from PinballKen:

It made me happy just seeing him. Such a phenomenal dude who does so much for the show.

Awe shucks. Right back at ya man!

#1251 5 years ago
    Quoted from HamsterHerder:

Maybe next year a vendor should bring extra glass to sell at the show.

I brought a load up for Terry a couple of years ago. Talk about a pain in the a$$ to move! But yeah, not a bad idea.

#1392 5 years ago

I just want to know who ate my hot dogs!?!?

#1396 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

well if you dont share, someone will steal them

I never even saw them to share. You know I would have given you a bite. Funny story...

I asked Dan to send a waitress to the dock. He said he would send hot dogs. Later, when I was complaining that I was hungry, he asked if the hot dogs didn't satisfy me. To which I said, what hot dogs? I never got them. Hmmm. Well, someone got a free lunch!

And while we are on the subject. Dan, waitress/waiter for the dock next year please.

#1438 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

I know it wasn't "cool", but it is pretty funny...

Agreed. It did give me a little something to laugh about and a good story to tell.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Goonie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations?tu=Goonie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.