(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fortytwo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 6 years ago

I caught some of the hints but a SST owner may have supplied the key.

Good luck.
    May I ask if you have more space to consider hosting a home brew/retheme corner. Maybe see if p-roc or someone can sponcer it. I would like an opportunity to network with home brew guys being I decided to take the plunge.

#69 6 years ago

I went to expo a couple years ago and enjoyed taking to the home brew guys. Seeing their foamboard mockup games were inspiring. I hope by MGC to have a em controlled non score white wood.

In summery of the summery of the summery....
    People are the problem.

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

75? I got nothing , othar then milwaukee hosted the baseball all star game in 1975 at county stadium , Miller Park is currently located where county stadium once stood . It's late and I have some olympics stuff to help with tomorrow . I might be able to come up with something better after some rest , but I doubt it.

Oh crap. Miller park was actually built next to county stadium. That's a parking lot now. So maybe the parking lot photo IS the new location. Bring your RV and generator.

#200 6 years ago

So I see an old school three button mouse. And a d Mario mushroom guy. Huh the cypher is rich here.
    What's the symbol making the head of the mushroom mean?

#289 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Central waters is Awesome!!!

It's my local brewery. I'm there every couple weeks. Can't get enough burban barrel stout.

If your up this way I'm happy to meet there for a brew.

I think I can solve the puzzle and would like to check. The geometry is my give away.
    It was Dan with the Pen (mightier than the sword) at the ...

#291 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

not familiar with the brewery. but being a mechanic I have been to the iola car show many of times and have probably driven right past it. I've been through that little town scandinavia. nothing to see there.

Are you going to Jefferson swap? Friday or Saturday?

#372 6 years ago

For game bringers will we need a special pass to get to the losing not dock? Is there a charge for being up there? Also passes to get in and setup and help fix?

#397 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Bourbon.....do they have this Bourbon Barrel Stout on tap?

Yes and butbon barrel scotch ale. Delicious.
    Can't bring my growler in to the after party this year though.

#398 6 years ago

Dan your picture hints fits our bad pics from MGC thread.

#509 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Man, the pile of crap for my clearance table just keeps stacking up. Found a pile of Gundam Wing action figures from 2001/2002 still in the packages.
    -Hans

Man I used to watch that show. Now I feel you find some ghost in the shell stuff. Let me know.

#512 6 years ago

Noo this thread can't die that quickly.

Does the "shops at grand" have a decent food selection? Is this a mall like area?

Is street level walking possibile or do most recommend staying on the sky walks?

Do either of the hotels Hilton or Hyatt have any extra skill shots? Are hidden skill shots even worth it?

What's the SA password I need righ now?

#537 6 years ago

I got my room reservation at the Hyatt. But was not asked about parking. Is this something that we pay for upon arrival? Are we going to have to argue the MGC rate?

#561 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

You'd think, but i think they are trying to get more things focused around events that can be done while sitting in the stands. The proposal they had for us was built around an event that would be in the stands too.
    Speaking of sports teams, our sports team thing I think might be unveiled today! I'm excited about it!

What no hint pictures?

#575 6 years ago

trilogybeer your not here.

DFB7E0B7-480C-40E8-869A-2A42C17B2CE6 (resized).jpegDFB7E0B7-480C-40E8-869A-2A42C17B2CE6 (resized).jpeg

#579 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Also Lakefront brewery is not too far from the new MGC location , if any mgc atendees would like to tour the brewery while in town I'd suggest making a reservation . And if you happen to make it to Lakefront do yourself a favor and pick up some Bridge Burner.

When I toured the brewery was the day the reveled the tank fronts artistically places out front.
    My fav was monkey wheat.

1 week later
    #587 6 years ago

how about a video of the entrance and drive up to the loading dock. If I lived closer I would tape it.

4 weeks later
    #645 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I really love the show. And Dan. Both are awesome. And the people.
    Bad time of the year for me, especially if CGC sends me to TPF before MGC. Closing to attend shows isn't good for business.
    LTG : (
    Disclaimer : My first seminar was at MGC, the last year at Oconomowoc. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for MGC.

Wow, my second year attending MGC and first seminar i saw was put on by some guy i didn't know, about buying your first game, what to bring etc. i was in the hobby for a bit but not full fledged like i am now. I even remember someone suggesting to bring locks and a drill.

1 month later
    #689 6 years ago

You mention four manufacturers. Are you ready to announce who? I can guess three.

#692 6 years ago

You forgot P3.
    Go make me a pot pie!

#702 6 years ago

Thanks for the videos. Helps explain things. Looks like this will be an epic year.

1 month later
    #772 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Would still love to be there. My concern is that as time goes on it gets more expensive and less convenient for me, and god only knows where I'll find a room at this point.

You have to go. I need to buy at least one thing from you every year!

1 week later
    #787 6 years ago

Thanks Dan. I have a hand truck question.
    In the past I brought one to aid in load and unload. Without any concern I would leave it in the open truck. Since the space is large and more open. It may look tacky with everyone storing them under their games. Will there be a place for game bringers to park a hand truck out of the main show floor.

Thanks

2 weeks later
    #798 6 years ago

Howdy.
    I have started a flee market thread for those who want to sell or trade some of the parts in your basement. You can arrange ahead of time. And meet at the show.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-unofficial-mgc-rummage-sale-thread#post-4257253

1 week later
    #805 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Oh man...the Olympia was awesome. Lots of great memories from my first couple MGCs. Bummer.

Ha. Me too my first years going we’re the last two at Olympia. Went solo at first and meet a lot of people. I remember the MGC site used to have past years pictures. I realized I wore the same shirt Saturday both years. A yellow ghost in the shell shirt. I’ll dig it up for this year.

3 weeks later
    #981 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Is Jack Danger streaming the IMDN launch?

Jack sent an email out yesterday. Still on the fence if he will be at MGC. Or may have a paid gig.

#998 6 years ago

goatdan
    Hyatt parking question. I just called and they don’t have the special rate yet on their board. They stated they have two options.
    Self park attached garage 28$ per 24 hours (3 days)
    Or valet 31 per night (so oblympay for 2 days)

What option is the $18 a night supposed to be for?
    Thanks

#1071 6 years ago

Last I spoke with the Hyatt they didn’t have the $18 a day parking. Has anyone spoke with them and confirmed this? Kind of wondering what my best bet is since I plan on leaving for toms party after setup and don’t want to pay twice.

#1075 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Where are you staying?

Hyatt regency. They said on Monday no special rates for parking. I haven’t called since then though.

#1093 6 years ago

Just helped load one game out of my house.

#1137 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Hey! This is here!

Thanks for noticing Ben. First time out in the wild! It will be up and playable sat and sun.

#1152 6 years ago

Last minute of show.

#1186 6 years ago

On i39 north of portage mile 120 was when it got crappy for me.
    Came home to this. A week ago this was grass.
    This has been plowed twice.

486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

#1187 6 years ago

Fathom fins got beat new video game. Congrats Vince. Note the Pinball influence in the game.

128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg

#1201 6 years ago

Ghost in the shell clocked 356 plays over the weekend. I backed up the code right before I packed it into the car Thursday. So I had a previous number. To compare against.

#1376 6 years ago

Dan. I had a blast this year. Thanked you every time we crossed paths. Of course nicer weather would have helped with walking to more of the awesome restaurants in that area. There was a convience store a block away that had good prices.

If there is no new glass maybe I can throw a old sheet in the car. Doesn’t hurt and just toss it after the show if unused.

I saw the cement floor and bought new shoes Thursday before loading up my game. Feet held up well. Definitely a foot massage vender and insoles would make a killing.

Complaint time. I would have preferred a better quality sound system for the after party speech. I couldn’t hear it well and like hearing your stats and thoughts at that time. I learn about new or impressive acts and still get a chance to thank the people and enjoy their games.

I see the hints of not being able to do the show next year. I hope this isn’t the case. I already made a commitment to return with my game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fortytwo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations?tu=Fortytwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.