(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 29.
    #251 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

can I walk from my hotel room to the game room without going outside?

Hilton... Hilton... Hilton...

Give me until tomorrow, Hilton. I'll explain then.

#252 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Wow.

#253 6 years ago

I just realized that it's never been said that this is staying in the Milwaukee Metro area. I've been thinking about possible venues that it may be going to and I think the Monona Terrace in Downtown Madison woudl work for the location. Hotels really close, Lots of food and other options for significant others who may not want to play, plenty of space. Just a thought...

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from mjwilliams:

I just realized that it's never been said that this is staying in the Milwaukee Metro area. I've been thinking about possible venues that it may be going to and I think the Monona Terrace in Downtown Madison woudl work for the location. Hotels really close, Lots of food and other options for significant others who may not want to play, plenty of space. Just a thought...

If I haven't been clear about this yet here...

Due to the "if the show moves too far away, Gary and I have to use more vacation days to run it" issue, it will stay within a range that allows us to travel to and from it for set up at night if we're working.

And technically my job right now is home repair, writing articles, goat store, and whatever other odd jobs I can do, but I fully intend to be teaching again next year.

#255 6 years ago

Hey, it's not just Hilton.

Everyone should give me a day. I think you'll be okay with the solution.

#256 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Hey, it's not just Hilton...

Awesome!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#257 6 years ago
    Quoted from mjwilliams:

It did actually say "Coming to Milwaukee" in the 2018 announcement video. Saw it somewhere. Now it could mean Milwaukee County and not Milwaukee the city. But either way it ain't Madison.

#258 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

It did actually say "Coming to Milwaukee" in the 2018 announcement video. Saw it somewhere. Now it could mean Milwaukee County and not Milwaukee the city. But either way it ain't Madison.

We called the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel Milwaukee also, so... But yeah, not Madison.

#259 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

And of all people, the guy who I blame most for... Well, all the pinball at the show and in my basement!

Someone had to help you get the pinball fever and rolling in the right direction.

2017-09-16 16.29.25 (resized).jpg2017-09-16 16.29.25 (resized).jpg

#260 6 years ago

So where's the Hilton hotel at in Milwaukee?

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from icust298:

So where's the Hilton hotel at in Milwaukee?

Across the street from the Wisconsin Center convention center?

#262 6 years ago

Oh man, you guys are funny. Not everything is meant to be a hint!

IMG_20170910_131107700 (resized).jpgIMG_20170910_131107700 (resized).jpg

#263 6 years ago

where is this MGC magic money tree farm at?

#264 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Oooo ham! It's at the Honey Baked Ham store in Milwaukee! They have a Super Ball dispenser near the door. Though I'm not sure what the paper towel means.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#265 6 years ago

makes me hungry. superball you bought funworld?

#266 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Oooo ham! It's at the Honey Baked Ham store in Milwaukee! They have a Super Ball dispenser near the door. Though I'm not sure what the paper towel means.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

Well, ham can be a bit greasy sometimes. It's probably just to wipe your mouth. I think you may be on to something though.

#267 6 years ago

Well Dan, you didn't want the thread to die, what else are we supposed to be doing in here?!

#268 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Well Dan, you didn't want the thread to die, what else are we supposed to be doing in here?!

More important. Will Dan get a pedicure for the new show ?

LTG : )

#269 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

where is this MGC magic money tree farm at?

Just north of Waupaca, WI on Hwy 49, right before Scandinavia. Actually, only about 10 - 15 minutes away from Central Waters Brewery (if you're familiar with their beer, if not, you should be).

#270 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Hey, I love it. After it gets announced tomorrow, there will be one thread with like ten posts in it for the next six month, so I'll take what I can get.

1505778198455143956713 (resized).jpg1505778198455143956713 (resized).jpg

#271 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwhoo:

Just north of Waupaca, WI on Hwy 49, right before Scandinavia. Actually, only about 10 - 15 minutes away from Central Waters Brewery (if you're familiar with their beer, if not, you should be).

Central waters is Awesome!!!

#272 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

After it gets announced tomorrow,

Someplace where they didn't clean up all the blood.

#273 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Someplace where they didn't clean up all the blood.

Does this have anything to do with Dan's apparent need for a pedicure...per your post above?

Why are you in close relations with Dan's toes anyway?

#274 6 years ago

If anyone really wants to know, pm me

#275 6 years ago

Let's all just relax and take a time out to appreciate a random crowd photo from 2012.

MGC 3-22-25-2012 008 (resized).jpgMGC 3-22-25-2012 008 (resized).jpg

#276 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Too risky

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Pm Sent!

#278 6 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

Let's all just relax and take a time out to appreciate a random crowd photo from 2012.

I think this is a hint!

#279 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Why are you in close relations with Dan's toes anyway?

You kidding ? They are awesome. You have to see them to believe them. They are to die for. He must have had braces or surgery or something to make them so cute.

#280 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

It's downtown! Those are Usinger meats! Got it!

#281 6 years ago

I don't know if I am supposed to share what's in the pm, so I'll just say it ended in MAN and the first part sounds like CRION!

#282 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You kidding ? They are awesome. You have to see them to believe them. They are to die for. He must have had braces or surgery or something to make them so cute.

Someone better be wearing sandals this year!

#283 6 years ago

I will miss the Sheraton, there was a familiarity that grew for me after the years. However, I realize that all things must come to an end.

Looking forward to the announcement.

#284 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwhoo:

not familiar with the brewery. but being a mechanic I have been to the iola car show many of times and have probably driven right past it. I've been through that little town scandinavia. nothing to see there.

#285 6 years ago

I personally am hoping for 2 things:

1. Either in downtown Madison or Milwaukee (I know Madison is out, so I guess MKE is my wish) Reality is that brookfield while nice for ease of getting to was kind of lame outside of the homeliness of the venue familiarity. Would be cool to be in downtown MKE and able to uber to food for a break or take a mid day walk over to the lake or something cool. I mean afterall as a game bringger I dont spend much time in the actual show at mid day when it is crazy, so I would liek to have something easy to do for a fun break.

2. MORE SPACE! Lets face it, MGC has been out of room for at least 3 years and it is time for us to blow this thing up. Expo is dying slowly and the midwest needs a premier show. If we have the space then the challenge is fun again to fill it! I think with the right venue the local community could make MGC into a TPF sized show of epicness.

#286 6 years ago

that does look like blood in that photo. I hate these brick and motor photos can i get a letter at least?

#287 6 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I will miss the Sheraton, there was a familiarity that grew for me after the years. However, I realize that all things must come to an end.

Without me spending way more time on this than I care to tonight when I have barely slept the last couple days and need to do a bunch of site editing yet...

I really wish that we had known it was going to be our last year at the Sheraton. The show really "worked" there for a long time, and being completely honest, if you would have told me Sunday at 6pm this past year that it would be our last year there, I would have thought you were crazy. In some ways, I wish that I could have realized what was going on to savor, if you will, the last year in a bit of a different way. The major difference for me the past two years is that the show really became something that, after we opened, I was able to not have to manage quite as constantly as before. That comfort level led me to a place with it that I had never been at with the show before - my older son Ben had a tap dance recital that he worked for months on during Saturday afternoon - I actually left to be there for it.

I worry that I won't have that sort of "relationship" with a new venue, although I hope that my "job hiatus" will lead to it for this year. If not, it's going to be a tough year from a management perspective, and I worry about what that means for the show as a whole.

Having said that, the flip side of this is that we have never been more ready to make a change than we are at this moment. Once again, my "job hiatus" has given us more time to research every single little detail and find things for us to work on improving well before the move was made.

It's going to be an adventure.

#288 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Lets face it, MGC has been out of room for at least 3 years and it is time for us to blow this thing up.

For the record, we found (and used) a new coat closet this past year, so we weren't actually completely out of room until this year.

that does look like blood in that photo. I hate these brick and motor photos can i get a letter at least?

Yeah, that was weird. It was from a mirror in the restaurant I was eating at tonight, which actually has nothing to do with the venue, but remember, not all hints are hints or something. Oh, and it looked clean, I think the blood look was just the paint job.

Quoted from aobrien5:

Someone better be wearing sandals this year!

I probably will be!

#289 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Central waters is Awesome!!!

It's my local brewery. I'm there every couple weeks. Can't get enough burban barrel stout.

If your up this way I'm happy to meet there for a brew.

I think I can solve the puzzle and would like to check. The geometry is my give away.
    It was Dan with the Pen (mightier than the sword) at the ...

#290 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

It's my local brewery. I'm there every couple weeks. Can't get enough burban barrel stout.
    If your up this way I'm happy to meet there for a brew.
    I think I can solve the puzzle and would like to check. The geometry is my give away.
    It was Dan with the Pen (mightier than the sword) at the ...

Wow, nailed it.

http://www.devilsden.com/

#291 6 years ago

not familiar with the brewery. but being a mechanic I have been to the iola car show many of times and have probably driven right past it. I've been through that little town scandinavia. nothing to see there.

Are you going to Jefferson swap? Friday or Saturday?

#292 6 years ago

MGC Midnight Madness - night 3 achieved! Yikes.

makes me hungry. superball you bought funworld?

Holy crap, I totally missed this! I used to manage Fun World for a single year, and at one point the owner offered to sell it to me. Unfortunately (or, fortunately), there was no chance of that happening.

I'll explain most of my hints tomorrow, although a few haven't fully fallen into place, if I'm not completely passed out for most of the day (I've picked up a cold from not sleeping). But, can anyone who knows their NES games help me out - what happens when Mario gets a mushroom in the original Super Mario Bros?

901926d532469e18ec5506a14fb3e19f6d3704f8 (resized).png901926d532469e18ec5506a14fb3e19f6d3704f8 (resized).png

#293 6 years ago

he gets bigger...

#294 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Are you going to Jefferson swap? Friday or Saturday?

im going saturday. I need tools! i have to work friday at the dealership

#295 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

its tommrow!!!!! i should be the first to know. i have to change the title to this tread.

#296 6 years ago

its tommrow!!!!! i should be the first to know. i have to change the title to this tread.

have you not figured it out yet?

#297 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

what happens when Mario gets a mushroom in the original Super Mario Bros?

Dan,

have you been eating mushrooms again? is that what this is all about?

#298 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

he gets bigger...

How much, specifically?

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Dan,
    have you been eating mushrooms again? is that what this is all about?

#299 6 years ago

probably about 2.32 times his original size.

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

MGC Midnight Madness - night 3 achieved! Yikes.

Holy crap, I totally missed this! I used to manage Fun World for a single year, and at one point the owner offered to sell it to me. Unfortunately (or, fortunately), there was no chance of that happening.
    I'll explain most of my hints tomorrow, although a few haven't fully fallen into place, if I'm not completely passed out for most of the day (I've picked up a cold from not sleeping). But, can anyone who knows their NES games help me out - what happens when Mario gets a mushroom in the original Super Mario Bros?

You managed fun world?! Did you kick me out for using the putter like a driver and hitting the Ferris wheel?

There are 1,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.