(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 29.
    #1151 6 years ago

the first day down awsome. now time for the after party. look I won this from American pinball. i never will anything

20180414_182058 (resized).jpg20180414_182058 (resized).jpg

#1152 6 years ago

Last minute of show.

#1153 6 years ago

still have a Sunday pass for anybody that wants it

#1154 6 years ago

Wow, what a show! Simply awesome in how much they had here! I’d be interested in attendance numbers, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear it jumped substantially, like 3-5x. Heck, even 10x I wouldn’t question.

#1155 6 years ago

I loved the new venue. The extra space really made for a better experience. Can’t wait to see how this show continues to grow in coming years.

#1156 6 years ago

it was packed today. so much so Dan said he needs more space. next year there going to open another hall

#1157 6 years ago

I was talking to some if the security guards and they had it rough. They would get harrased by people trying to get in, then get harrased by someone mad about them letting in someone who shouldn't have been let in. I was only in that area 10 minutes and that process happened each way at least twice. That was around 9:30am and those same guys are still there now. That's a long day. Be sure to thank them too.

#1158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Wow, what a show! Simply awesome in how much they had here! I’d be interested in attendance numbers, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear it jumped substantially, like 3-5x. Heck, even 10x I wouldn’t question.

I'm interested too, but no way it was that big. We won't know for a bit.

#1159 6 years ago

i just left the after party and drove home. that sucked, don't ever remember it snowing this bad during MGC

#1160 6 years ago

Does anyone know what Marcos is doing with all those Iron Maiden pros? Selling at a discount? Are they all spoken for?

#1161 6 years ago

As a Minnesotan, I'm wondering how the heck am I gonna get home. I'm betting Amtrak is gonna have a cancellation or a super delay.

Can we just extend Sunday to close at 8pm or something? Heh

#1162 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Does anyone know what Marcos is doing with all those Iron Maiden pros? Selling at a discount? Are they all spoken for?

I believe they are all spoken for, prior to even being set up. Owners names are on the apron cards.

#1163 6 years ago

Load out today should be a good time.

#1164 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

They are all either pre-sold, or getting moved on to another show. I know of at least one person who wants to flip theirs in favor of a premium, but with you not being here that might not be an option.

#1165 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

still have a Sunday pass for anybody that wants it

Do you still have a Sunday pass available? Probably a little late and last minute, but, my wife is interested in going today.

The event was amazing and well laid out yesterday, very easy to get to everything. The official after party was a good time also. Excited for another day. Too bad we have a crazy snow storm going on.

#1166 6 years ago

good snowy morning! OMG. Sunday morning bump for anybody needing a Sunday pass

#1167 6 years ago
    Quoted from mpm262:

Do you still have a Sunday pass available? Probably a little late and last minute, but, my wife is interested in going today.
    The event was amazing and well laid out yesterday, very easy to get to everything. The official after party was a good time also. Excited for another day. Too bad we have a crazy snow storm going on.

yes pm me. i will be there before 11. running a little late

#1168 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I was talking to some if the security guards and they had it rough. They would get harrased by people trying to get in, then get harrased by someone mad about them letting in someone who shouldn't have been let in. I was only in that area 10 minutes and that process happened each way at least twice. That was around 9:30am and those same guys are still there now. That's a long day. Be sure to thank them too.

One of the event staff in orange shirt approached me asking me (just an attendee on way back to hotel room) how late the rooms are open (the smaller gaming rooms). Ummm really?

#1169 6 years ago

The big news of the after party was watching Bowen destroy reactor 9 on the TNA whitewood, which had never been done before. Awesome performance, awesome crowd, awesome reactions.

#1170 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

The big news of the after party was watching Bowen destroy reactor 9 on the TNA whitewood, which had never been done before. Awesome performance, awesome crowd, awesome reactions.

Sounds like Scott needs to get back to updating the code.

#1171 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I'm interested too, but no way it was that big. We won't know for a bit.

Yes, please keep us in the loop on attendance. I really believe you are going to be mildly surprised at the final #'s. Well, Saturday anyway. Sunday might be a disappointment due to the ice storm that came through.

#1172 6 years ago

Who won any of the trophies?

#1173 6 years ago

Had an absolute blast yesterday! Congratulations to Dan and the rest of the staff for putting on another great show! The new venue made for a much better experience than the claustrophobic labyrinth of the Sheraton. My only minor complaint would be that the room where all the pins were in was very cramped, while the huge vendor hall next door seemed to have a ton of open space.

#1174 6 years ago

Is there a consensus on the best hotel? We stayed at the Hilton, it was fine, but a long walk.

#1175 6 years ago

My wife has stayed at both and prefers the Hyatt. Walk is about the same.

#1176 6 years ago

The new venue is a huge upgrade. Room to breathe and play, I actually had room for my standard play style, sticking my butt out. Had a blast today, looking forward to next years event

#1177 6 years ago

Wee bit of a line to get into the loading dock. So don’t be casual loading up. Almost an hour wait to get in right now.
    Also a zero tolerance for cutting the line.

#1178 6 years ago

We got in and out of the loading area pretty efficiently. Someone blocked my truck and trailer in while I got my machine but the help quickly id'd the owner, help directed us to the far ramp and we were loaded and out.

People should not be parking stuff on the ramps unless they are there with a dolly and their machine.

#1179 6 years ago

JR, myself and the WMS MM are crossing WI into MN right now and the roads are a disaster at best. For those of you traveling west (HHaase?) we would urge you to book a hotel in the Dells or maybe stay put. A very exhausting drive to say the least especially after a weekend of gaming. Greyhound bus full of passengers getting in accidents, semi tractor and trailer in the ditch every 20 miles or so with other small car and truck accidents all over the place. The freezing rain turns to snow around the Madison area.

We were fortunate enough to be in line at the loading dock at 10:50AM and got the game loaded up just before noon. Most of it was waiting for the dock to be cleared of snow.....at least that's what they told us.

Safe travels everyone, good seeing you all and looking forward to next year! Thanks again for an excellent MGC -- getting better every year. Think I have to buy an IM now.

#1180 6 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

glad you asked. My shadow won best of show DMD game plus I got $100 cash. awsome. I think Hilton got one for his restored fireball. If he didn't he should have.

20180415_161420 (resized).jpg20180415_161420 (resized).jpg

20180415_161902 (resized).jpg20180415_161902 (resized).jpg

#1181 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Had an absolute blast yesterday! Congratulations to Dan and the rest of the staff for putting on another great show! The new venue made for a much better experience than the claustrophobic labyrinth of the Sheraton. My only minor complaint would be that the room where all the pins were in was very cramped, while the huge vendor hall next door seemed to have a ton of open space.

Dan said at the after party that next year they are expanding to another exhibit hall next to it. lol they needed more space

#1182 6 years ago

My family couldn't make it this year but part of my trip was to scout out the new location for family friendliness (i.e. easy to move around with a stroller, areas with table and chairs to rest at, easy access to connected hotels, etc.) and we will definitely be back next year in full force. I hope Kingpin's kiddie rides make it back again next year! It was also much easier to navigate all the different rooms and the layout makes much more sense than at the Sheraton.

#1183 6 years ago

glad you asked. My shadow won best of show DMD game plus I got $100 cash. awsome. I think Hilton got one for his restored fireball. If he didn't he should have.

Thx for bringing it! We really enjoyed it!

#1184 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Is there a consensus on the best hotel? We stayed at the Hilton, it was fine, but a long walk.

I stayed in the Spring Hill Marriot right across the street from entrance. It took me less than 60 seconds to jog out the front door and right into the main entrance. The room was also very nice, 10ft. ceilings, large bathroom. Paid $118/night.
    Doc's BBQ was the bomb! Some of the best brisket I have ever had.

#1185 6 years ago

Thanks for watching out for me EJS. Stopped just after Madison for some food at the moment. Once I got past Madison they are salting I-90/I-94. But starting to plan where I’ll be stopping. Roads are not awesome.

Not sure how much further tonight but I gotta be in Red Wing at 10am tomorrow for a work meeting.

#1186 6 years ago

On i39 north of portage mile 120 was when it got crappy for me.
    Came home to this. A week ago this was grass.
    This has been plowed twice.

486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

#1187 6 years ago

Fathom fins got beat new video game. Congrats Vince. Note the Pinball influence in the game.

128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg

#1188 6 years ago

Dan said at the after party that next year they are expanding to another exhibit hall next to it. lol they needed more space

I think just splitting the consoles out to another space would do the trick. Love that they’re there, but the flow would just seem better in their own room. Would also allow for ample expansion of pins and arcades as well.

#1189 6 years ago

The Hilton was a bit of a walk but the Hilton elevators were perfectly sized for getting my Pin to the parking structure from the arcade hall via the skywalk. The Escalator attendant would not let me take my pin up the polka escalator so it was up and down a few elevators with the help of a friend. The front desk guy seemed to laugh a bit when I wheeled Genesis through the lobby and out the the parking structure. Way faster than waiting on the ramp to load 1 pin.

#1190 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Fathom fins got beat new video game. Congrats Vince. Note the Pinball influence in the game.

any video of that running?

#1191 6 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

I got Taro's Legacy Award , Most Innovative Game for my Total Nuclear Annihilation that was in the freeplay area .
    Thank you very much Rob !

20180415_222519 (resized).jpg20180415_222519 (resized).jpg

#1192 6 years ago

Scott updated my TNA Saturday morning with the latest code he is working on . 472 plays this weekend after the update .

20180415_224214 (resized).jpg20180415_224214 (resized).jpg

#1193 6 years ago

Stick a fork in me, I’m done driving. Stopped in Tomah finally. Things getting icy real quick.

#1194 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Stick a fork in me, I’m done driving. Stopped in Tomah finally. Things getting icy real quick.

Safe drive the rest of the way.

#1195 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Scott updated my TNA Saturday morning with the latest code he is working on . 472 plays this weekend after the update .

Hey, thanks for bringing that! My kid and I were able to jump on it several times throughout the weekend as it didn’t have a line most of the time in the free play area. Co-op mode was in full effect.

#1196 6 years ago

There was definitely no waiting to play Iron Maiden nor the ColorDMD Attack from Mars pins. WOW there was a lot for many to play.

#1197 6 years ago

When do tickets for 2019 go on sale? This show was awesome. So many games & so much to see & do & so convenient with the parking & hotel all attached. VIG was the best because we got to play everything without the crowd. Hopefully there's another agreement to get all those NIB games on the floor next year too!

#1198 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

add about 150 more from Friday chaos and games before that code was updated.

Fireball racked up 813 plays on the meter! Amazing that the old girl held up so well That custom pingulp really brought it all together.

#1199 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

add about 150 more from Friday chaos and games before that code was updated.
    Fireball racked up 813 plays on the meter! Amazing that the old girl held up so well That custom pingulp really brought it all together.

Sound like it is you guys fault on the high plays of your pins for bringing butt kicker pins to the show. 813?!

Looked like a great show. Folks were fortunate to have you and others so involved. Hope everyone got and gets home safe and sound.

#1200 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Sound like it is you guys fault on the high plays of your pins for bringing butt kicker pins to the show. 813?!
    Looked like a great show. Folks were fortunate to have you and others so involved. Hope everyone got and gets home safe and sound.

It was an amazing show!

Fireball games can often last 30 sec, lol so I was not surprised to see over 800 clicks. I will be sure to check Iron Maiden when it gets set up on route today.

There are 1,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations/page/24?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.