(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 29.
    #1101 5 years ago

Happy hour next door at Miller time pub. go there before MGC opens for V.I.G.and its the pinsider meet and greet. beer and burger

20180412_170411 (resized).jpg20180412_170411 (resized).jpg

20180412_170126 (resized).jpg20180412_170126 (resized).jpg

#1102 5 years ago

I saw some Convention Booze Stands on the lower level, Southside facing the Hilton.

You know it's a Wisconsin show when booze availability is the biggest concern

#1103 5 years ago

It's just how we roll^^^^^

#1104 5 years ago

** Storm's Impact on Show Attendance? **

There is a nasty storm bearing down on the Upper Midwest. It will bring rain/snow/wind to MN and rain/wind to WI for three straight days, starting Friday afternoon.

Convention goers traveling from MN will have to be on their toes as driving will be lousy starting late in the day tomorrow.

Is this storm going to dramatically curb attendance this year? How sad would that be! This great new venue and - wham! - a spoiler storm. Convention goers who do make it will be inclined to stay hunkered down at the site, as the weather will be dreadful. Cold, wet, windy, overcast - no fun!

#1105 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Storm's Impact on Show Attendance? **
    There is a nasty storm bearing down on the Upper Midwest. It will bring rain/snow/wind to MN and rain/wind to WI for three straight days, starting Friday afternoon.
    Convention goers traveling from MN will have to be on their toes as driving will be lousy starting late in the day tomorrow.
    Is this storm going to dramatically curb attendance this year? How sad would that be! This great new venue and - wham! - a spoiler storm. Convention goers who do make it will be inclined to stay hunkered down at the site, as the weather will be dreadful. Cold, wet, windy, overcast - no fun!

Nope, storm will have little to no effect.

#1106 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Nope, storm will have little to no effect.

Gosh, I hope you're right. Good for you, hardy 'sconies!

#1107 5 years ago

Isn't there a spoiler storm like every year?

#1108 5 years ago

yeah but with a tent

#1109 5 years ago

So out of curiosity, new unloading area for vendors inside or outside?

#1110 5 years ago

Storms are supposed to be mild to nothing till saturday afternoon and even then not much from what I see...

#1111 5 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Storms are supposed to be mild to nothing till saturday afternoon and even then not much from what I see...

All depends where you are. Back home (South Dakota) they’re talking an inch or two of rain, then 8”-12” of snow.

Hoping the Wisconsin side of it really will be a non-event. At least it’s a short drive from here.

#1112 5 years ago

Darnit, Amtrak just announced they are cancelling Empire Builder(the one I'm on) for tomorrow. Calling customer service to waive the $30 cost to cancel it.

EDIT: Just called cust. service & operations, train for Friday MSP-MKE is still on.

#1113 5 years ago

The forecasts that I saw seemed to imply there would be a rather severe blizzard (carried by a northeast wind across Lake Michigan) along the shoreline on Sunday. I don't know how many here are from northern Wisconsin or upper Michigan, but if this is a concern then you may want to take Interstate 41 instead of 43 (and plan scheduling/departure to accommodate)

#1114 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

The forecasts that I saw seemed to imply there would be a rather severe blizzard (carried by a northeast wind across Lake Michigan) along the shoreline on Sunday. I don't know how many here are from northern Wisconsin or upper Michigan, but if this is a concern then you may want to take Interstate 41 instead of 43 (and plan scheduling/departure to accommodate)

Yeah, it's weird. I'm guessing it's a SNOWPACOLPYSE that is going to miss darn near everything. We aren't scheduled for any snow. Not great weather is better for attendance than 70 and OH MY GOSH IT'S NICE.

#1115 5 years ago

Lots of Rain and wind in Milwaukee starting late in the morning and continuing Saturday. Sunday more rain, maybe a wintery mix, possibly freezing rain or a bit of snow late afternoon Sunday.

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/wi/milwaukee/KWIMILWA151

Those traveling from the North or West may run into snow, etc. But just mostly rainy and windy near the show.

Bar graph with extended forcast

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/wi/milwaukee/KWIMILWA151?cm_ven=localwx_10day

#1116 5 years ago

forgot the weather. show starts today! Friday the 13th

#1117 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

forgot the weather. show starts today! Friday the 13th

Rain and wind no biggee, just don't walk under any ladders or break any mirrors , black cats and all that stuff.

#1118 5 years ago

Ake the hell up!

It is show day!

Weather don't mean a thing. This new place is amazaballs!

#1119 5 years ago

Time to get on the road again. Gonna stop and buy some race car stuff and make a return at REI on the way. Hope to roll in just before noon

#1120 5 years ago

Are there any Tom Taylor open house tickets still available? PM would be great. I would need 1 or 2 depending on... Does a 5 year old need a ticket? How far is Tom's from the convention center? Thanks in advance.

#1121 5 years ago
    Quoted from bkfiv:

Are there any Tom Taylor open house tickets still available? PM would be great. I would need 1 or 2 depending on... Does a 5 year old need a ticket? How far is Tom's from the convention center? Thanks in advance.

ChrisS has 2 and I have 1 available.

EDIT: Chris has sold his. I have 1 available.

#1122 5 years ago

Update - I found someone to take the tickets off my hands.

My wife and I have had to cancel our plans to go to MGC.

I had pre-purchased two adult admission tickets for Saturday. If I anyone would like to purchase them from me (at a nice discount from the $90 that I paid), please send me a message! Thanks.

#1123 5 years ago

This is going to be amazing. Dropped off my game earlier and it's just stunning. (watch your step, the loading area if VERY slippery)

Here is a picture of the smaller hall with the pins.

hugehuge

Looks like fantastic weekend to stay inside a gigantic room and play other people's games!

Is it Saturday yet?

#1124 5 years ago

Found, thanks.

#1125 5 years ago

I have 3 extra VIG Tix if anyone is looking. Pm me

#1126 5 years ago

Important .... for those staying at hilton, check in first and park at street enterance to get a room key. The room key gives you access to the designated parking structure. Do not use the right entrance to the parking structure as the room key gate fob thingy isn't working. Use the parking entrance on the left. You won't struggle with extra stress like we did if you follow this.

#1127 5 years ago

good tip^^^

#1128 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Important .... for those staying at hilton, check in first and park at street enterance to get a room key. The room key gives you access to the designated parking structure. Do not use the right entrance to the parking structure as the room key gate fob thingy isn't working. Use the parking entrance on the left. You won't struggle with extra stress like we did if you follow this.

I just pulled straight into the ramp and pulled a paper ticket (which will be thrown away, read on)... went to the hotel and checked in (access from ramp) and the women checking me in indicated she had me for the $8/night parking rate and my room key would allow me to exit the ramp.

No need to park on the street unless you just want to. Parking in ramp first and exiting with the room key will prevent you from having to do the car shuffle back in forth from registration.

#1129 5 years ago

Hey! This is here!

15236589631481217924805814020905 (resized).jpg15236589631481217924805814020905 (resized).jpg

#1130 5 years ago

Show hasn’t started, but I have.DF421A08-656F-4E21-A1F7-2B305CC26789 (resized).jpegDF421A08-656F-4E21-A1F7-2B305CC26789 (resized).jpegBADEB0A4-1B70-4C1C-AD81-1270C4544438 (resized).jpegBADEB0A4-1B70-4C1C-AD81-1270C4544438 (resized).jpeg

#1131 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Show hasn’t started, but I have.

Only in Milwaukee would a beer flight consist of full 16oz glasses.

#1132 5 years ago

Setup my pin and bought one already, New location is awesome. Is there print out of events or map? I didn't see one. Thanks.

#1133 5 years ago
    Quoted from waldo34:

Setup my pin and bought one already, New location is awesome. Is there print out of events or map? I didn't see one. Thanks.

Whatcha buy?

#1134 5 years ago
    Quoted from waldo34:

They are posted on poles in the hall down on level 2, probably some up on level 3 also.

#1135 5 years ago

15236834553571992761986 (resized).jpg15236834553571992761986 (resized).jpg

#1136 5 years ago

15236835326322011642049 (resized).jpg15236835326322011642049 (resized).jpg

#1137 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Hey! This is here!

Thanks for noticing Ben. First time out in the wild! It will be up and playable sat and sun.

#1138 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks for noticing Ben. First time out in the wild! It will be up and playable sat and sun.

i look forward to playing it.

I have a free admission pass Sunday for a pinsider just pm me

#1139 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

They are posted on poles in the hall down on level 2, probably some up on level 3 also.

Well crap, with my mouth hanging open from all the games I missed them. Thanks!

#1140 5 years ago

Oh boy Duke Nukem is gonna here?

#1141 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Oh boy Duke Nukem is gonna here?

Some really great pics popping up over here.

Dan, did you or Gary ever imagine the show would grow to the point where pinball vendors would bring more machines than the first few years of the show? Let along the contributions from Kingpin and other resellers.

I assume you will be tearing up at the afterparty speech.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2018-photo-thread/page/4#post-4338609

#1142 5 years ago

Enjoying the show so far, but a bit disappointed in the Center's security staff playing traffic cop for no real reason. They wouldn't let people up the escalators(to level 3) at various times for no reason, saying it's up to their supervisor.

#1143 5 years ago

If you didn't have a ticket it may because the line for tickets was crazy long (and full).

#1144 5 years ago

I don’t know what numbers they were expecting for the new location, but the place felt just as packed as it did at the Sheraton. Much nicer venue and seemingly a great turnout regardless of the weather.

#1145 5 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Enjoying the show so far, but a bit disappointed in the Center's security staff playing traffic cop for no real reason. They wouldn't let people up the escalators(to level 3) at various times for no reason, saying it's up to their supervisor.

That, and carpeting would have been nice. It would also be better if they could have turned the lights down. Very difficult on many games to see if you completed a roll over, lane, etc.

#1146 5 years ago

Shows like this are always going to have minor annoyances, but I really think Dan and company hit a home run.

#1147 5 years ago

I was really reluctant about this show moving to downtown milwaukee. There's something comforting about any show being in a suburb where I can just pull into a parking lot and go in. However with that said, parking was easy access across the street (one an open lot, one a closed garage). The location was huge, there were really good assistants telling you which line is which at the entrance, they even had a guy pulling people that had cash to buy tickets away from the line that was buying with cards. There were people handing out maps, and then there were maps posted to poles. The gamerooms were split up really nice. Concrete is hard on your feet, but it does make for better nudging. There were multiple food vendors.
    Overall, it really felt like a professional pinball show. Not that MGC wasn't fun, or had great vendors, but this just had a better layout. The 30 Stern iron maidens was CRAZY! For at least the first hour you could pretty much keep hopping on a machine, and even after that it wasn't a long wait for a game (and a smattering of 4-5 other stern titles in various quantities scattered in the same Marco area). It did get crowded by 2pm, but you could still walk through rows. Lot of titles brought that I've never played in my life (Q-bert, police force, city slicker, truck stop). Thanks to the guy that brought the BTTF delorean, that was cool.

goatdan I shook your hand in the hallway as I was going down the escalator. I said it was a great show this year and I meant it. You really stepped it up. If anyone in another state has pondered going to MGC, I would suggest coming next year.

#1148 5 years ago

The show was a HUGE improvement over the previous Sheraton location. I too was a little apprehensive about downtown and parking etc. but it wasn't bad at all. It is much more open and way less cramped. Looking forward to many years to come at this location.

#1149 5 years ago

I gave my extra after party pass to a giant Smurf then my cousin showed up. Anyone sitting on an extra?

#1150 5 years ago

This show has been amazing! The crew has done an awesome job at putting this together. Much deserving of a convention center over a smaller hotel. Also thanks to everyone who bought (working) games for our enjoyment.

There are 1,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.