(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 29.
    #1001 6 years ago

Due a cancellation, I have 1 extra MGC weekend admission, 1 extra VIG Friday night ticket, and 1 extra Tom Taylor open house (Friday afternoon) admission. PM me if you need these. Will keep as a set for now, but might split up if not sold by Friday.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I’ll be at the show myself, so will hand deliver in person.

#1002 6 years ago

Last minute reminder for those bringing games to the show for all to enjoy. My show special on anyPin NVRAM installation will be available all weekend.

I will be offering my arsenal of parts, mods, testers, tools, board and game repair, and of course, install of my anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminators.

anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator Install-
    For those bringing games to the show for others to enjoy in the free play area, I'm offering free anyPin install for the games you bring to the show. Bring me the board from the game, and your anyPin NVRAM, and I'll hand it back to you with a professionally installed RAM socket and no more batteries will ever be required for your game again.

I'll offer the same install for anyone bringing me their CPU at the show, but don't have it there in the free play area, for only $15.

Board and Game Repair-
    Everything is first come first served, no appointments. Not everything may get done at the show. If it doesn't get done at the show, it will be shipped back to you after it's finished. Priority will always go to games that are at the show. I usually get pretty swamped pretty quickly, so please don't bring me a board Saturday evening and expect it to be done at the show.

Currently Bally/Williams WPC boards will be done at these shows with the possibility of System 11 and DE/Sega boards done at the show depending on how busy I get. No sound boards will be done at shows.

All anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator installs will be done at the show.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#1003 6 years ago

Tickets have sold.

#1004 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey All,
    Since I'm now not attending MGC. I have 2 - Tom Taylor tickets for the afternoon on Friday. $40.00. That's what i paid for them. Just want to give someone a chance to see the collection. Once PayPal transaction is complete I will send tickets, directions and other details.
    chris

What? No bueno! Don't worry, I'll take that new game home with me for safe keeping.

#1005 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey All,
    Since I'm now not attending MGC. I have 2 - Tom Taylor tickets for the afternoon on Friday. $40.00. That's what i paid for them. Just want to give someone a chance to see the collection. Once PayPal transaction is complete I will send tickets, directions and other details.
    chris

Bummer, man. I was looking forward to hanging out. Hope something changes so that you can at least catch part of the show.

#1006 6 years ago

For those participating in Clock Chaos this year, we will be utilizing Karl DeAngelo's awesome software.

https://www.neverdrains.com/mgc2018

This link should be live now if you want to set a favorite in your mobile.
    Scores will start to show up as they are entered on Friday.

Looking forward to seeing yo all there!

#1007 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

For those participating in Clock Chaos this year, we will be utilizing Karl DeAngelo's awesome software.
    This link should be live now if you want to set a favorite in your mobile.
    Scores will start to show up as they are entered on Friday.
    Looking forward to seeing yo all there!

That reminds me...
    I have 2 extra spots for clock chaos that won't be used if anyone is interested.

#1008 6 years ago

looks like rain this weekend be prepared

#1009 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

looks like rain this weekend be prepared

At least there's no tent to worry about!!!

#1010 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinZig:

That reminds me...
    I have 2 extra spots for clock chaos that won't be used if anyone is interested.

Chaos is completely locked down at this stage so no spots can be transferred.

If you are looking to sell your VIG spot I am pretty sure that is transferrable, but Dan would need to help you with that.

#1011 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Okay, so a part of me is thinking...rain? Sure. Bring it! Yeah! No tent!!

#1012 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Oh yes remember the first year and it poured . we needed pontoons on our (Pincades
    and Pinball life) tables . Never a dull moment a@ MGC LOL.

Hey at least im not bringing a bunch of heavy sh#t like the old days!!!!

See ya guys Friday
    pincades
    JT

#1014 6 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Have ticket and planning on going to Tom Taylor's house. I don't see any info on how to get there or where it's at. I would like to go there before going to the hotel so I don't have to walk around so much since I have a bad knee I'm recuperating. If someone could PM me the info or let me know where to find it that would be super!

My bad. Didn't realize it wasn't public info.

#1015 6 years ago

Ep, would you take that down. Tom doesn't want directions made public. We have sent out instructions for it, if you didn't receive them you can contact us and I'll send you them.

#1016 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Ep, would you take that down. Tom doesn't want directions made public. We have sent out instructions for it, if you didn't receive them you can contact us and I'll send you them.

Ok sorry Dan, not my intention to have it posted here, I thought I made that pretty clear but I could have been 'more' clear about that. I will send a request to you direct for the info.

Edit, doh! I found the email with the info so I started this all for nothing, I am such a bonehead! Thanks!

Thanks!
    Tom

#1017 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

We just need Jared to show up so we can cal it EPIC
    Going to be amazing! I don't think I have been this excited since my very first year.

I will be there.

#1018 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I will be there.

Officially epic!

#1019 6 years ago

any more V.I.P.'s dan?

#1020 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Lame as fuck.

#1021 6 years ago

I completely forgot to sign up for clock chaos, hopefully pingolf is still open.

#1022 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If you are looking to sell your VIG spot I am pretty sure that is transferrable, but Dan would need to help you with that.

Was a date/time for the lockdown posted on the registration page? If not, it would be great to have that listed for future years so people know of the deadline. I just found the registration link on my purchase email.

#1023 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Serious question - what's the problem with having a new player step in for one that can't make it for Chaos? I can't wrap my head around why that's an issue.

#1024 6 years ago
    Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Was a date/time for the lockdown posted on the registration page? If not, it would be great to have that listed for future years so people know of the deadline. I just found the registration link on my purchase email.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Serious question - what's the problem with having a new player step in for one that can't make it for Chaos? I can't wrap my head around why that's an issue.

Chaos has a limited number of spots and has been sold out for quite a while (a month ago?).

All prework and setup was completed last weekend at that point it is considered locked down (when Dan/Gary emailed me the list of players and times then it is all set and locked down).

Given the nature of the event (90+ players getting through 5 games in a matter of ~6 hours), it runs on a tight timeline with limited # of volunteers helping to run it. People understandably want to try and squeeze in if they see a break in play or people dont show up for a registered slot. Due to an issue with unclear (outdated) rules on the website last year and 1 particular player situation last year, the rules were adjusted and are clear this year. There are no substitutions for anyone that is unable or does not show up at their pre-register position. All slots are full and any players not showing up results in a break for those that have volunteered their time to run the event. There was ample time to sign up for Chaos when VIG tickets went on sale and if that changes int he future then I am sure adjustments will be made. Chaos itself has always been a limited registration event and for the past few years is an option for a limited # of VIG attendees to sign up for as spots allow.

The only additional players not in the list provided by Dan/Gary are those that provide games for Chaos and the limited set of Arcade hall voulenteers which traditionally play in before the registered players start at 3pm and only if time allows (i.e. games are set up with enough time for them to play in). This is a perk provided to the Arcade hall guys and people that have offered a game for Chaos use. This has been standard since Chaos was started and is a nice perk for those that voulenteer their time to make the show run.

#1025 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I completely forgot to sign up for clock chaos, hopefully pingolf is still open.

pin golf is not limited from what I know?

Since you are providing a game for Chaos, you are all set to play through at 2pm (assuming games are all set up and ready by then)

#1026 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The only additional players not in the list provided by Dan/Gary are those that provide games for Chaos and the limited set of Arcade hall voulenteers which traditionally play in before the registered players start at 3pm and only if time allows (i.e. games are set up with enough time for them to play in). This is a perk provided to the Arcade hall guys and people that have offered a game for Chaos use. This has been standard since Chaos was started and is a nice perk for those that voulenteer their time to make the show run.

I appreciate you still making the room for us if time allows. Forgot to ask this year, and if it doesn't work out that's no problem either. Hard to say what kind of craziness we will be dealing with at that time! I'm equal parts excited and terrified!

#1027 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I appreciate you still making the room for us if time allows. Forgot to ask this year, and if it doesn't work out that's no problem either. Hard to say what kind of craziness we will be dealing with at that time! I'm equal parts excited and terrified!

I have the same feeling as you, but more excited and I already know we will all make it work out. That is just what we all do

Gonna be a blast and will be over before we even realize it, so suck it all in!

#1028 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Chaos has a limited number of spots

Exactly. Makes no sense not to fill them with people who are able to be there at the vacated timeslot.
    The argument about time restraints holds no water. You make it very clear that the games are set up hard. It’s a good idea. Plus many people are walking up to some of these unique games for the very first time. And most importantly time is allotted for 90 players.
    How limited our the slots for arcade all volunteers? Can I get in?

#1029 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

sure thing. Aiming for 2pm for helpers to play through so plan on that.

If you are one of the main arcade hall staff on Friday with all the load in activities then you are accounted for (I am not sure whom all is part of that list as not all care to play in chaos). Traditionally it is Chris, Tom, Eric, and sometimes one or 2 others that are the main organized group. That is dealt with via Tully/Keith so you will want to coordinate to help them on Friday and then you will be taken care of ***assuming time and games cooperate. That crew does a ton and for years now it was an accepted perk.

#1030 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Exactly. Makes no sense not to fill them with people who are able to be there at the vacated timeslot.
    The argument about time restraints holds no water. You make it very clear that the games are set up hard. It’s a good idea. Plus many people are walking up to some of these unique games for the very first time. And most importantly time is allotted for 90 players.
    How limited our the slots for arcade all volunteers? Can I get in?

Just put on a fake mustache and say your name is whoever's spot you want to take. Problem solved.

#1031 6 years ago

Is pinballlife going to be making a return to the show this year? Hope so.

#1032 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

If they are I would love to see a show special on shaker motors as there are a number of us buying NIB Stern games at the show without them.

#1033 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

If they are I would love to see a show special on shaker motors as there are a number of us buying NIB Stern games at the show without them.

LOL...yea they could bring a trailer full of just shakers and make a killing this year!

#1034 6 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

Just put on a fake mustache and say your name is whoever's spot you want to take. Problem solved.

If Ken assembles a cosplay good enough to pass for Dr. Graf then I would have no choice but to let him play. Granted if Tom shows up with a mustache then I will be unable to let him play and all the little kids will run away

#1035 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

PBL is not a vendor this year.

#1036 6 years ago

Ah well, hopefully they can make it as attendees. I know my wife was looking forward to hanging out with Mrs. PBL.

#1037 6 years ago

Where does one obtain Clock Chaos PIN and player number? I signed up when I bought tickets but forget the exact timeslots I picked... thanks!

edit: found my timeslot by re-following the email link... will number and pin be provided at the event?

Also, to whysnow (since it looks like you're running the tournament) - Patrick Green will unfortunately probably not make it due to work commitments. Not 100% sure but unlikely he makes it.

If he can't show, I'll have an extra VIG and Tom party ticket available for sale/trade come tomorrow.

#1038 6 years ago

Well, time to pack the car, rolling tomorrow morning. Was planning on driving out Friday, but would rather not suffer through the weather excessively. Going to stop at a waterpark in the Dells tomorrow afternoon.

-Hans

#1039 6 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Where does one obtain Clock Chaos PIN and player number? I signed up when I bought tickets but forget the exact timeslots I picked... thanks!
    edit: found my timeslot by re-following the email link... will number and pin be provided at the event?
    Also, to whysnow (since it looks like you're running the tournament) - Patrick Green will unfortunately probably not make it due to work commitments. Not 100% sure but unlikely he makes it.
    If he can't show, I'll have an extra VIG and Tom party ticket available for sale/trade come tomorrow.

hit up Gryszzz. He is looking for a VIG pass

For chaos. Just show up a few min before your time slot and tell the person checking in your name.

We are using the never drains tourney software this year so all electronic score entry and monitoring if you need to be back for playoffs at 9pm.

book mark this link to track your scores

#1040 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Well, time to pack the car, rolling tomorrow morning. Was planning on driving out Friday, but would rather not suffer through the weather excessively. Going to stop at a waterpark in the Dells tomorrow afternoon.
    -Hans

be safe!

20180411_175102_001 (resized).jpg20180411_175102_001 (resized).jpg

#1041 6 years ago

weather forecast for our out-of-state friends

20180411_172157 (resized).jpg20180411_172157 (resized).jpg

#1042 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

weather forecast for our out-of-state friends

perfect weekend to be inside playing pinball!

#1043 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

perfect weekend to be inside playing pinball!

and drinking??????

#1044 6 years ago

I also had to cancel my trip to MGC, and have 1 Tom ticket available

#1045 6 years ago

terrible! 48 hours to the V.I.G. first time I bought a ticket. A big thank you to all the people that bought the new iron maiden game. I was watching the stream and WOW. going to be a killer game. That and Alice Cooper going to be a wild night.

#1046 6 years ago

So they're not going to be doing pat downs, right? I'll be good with my flask?

#1047 6 years ago

Dude, don't post that a ruin for the rest of us.

#1048 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

So they're not going to be doing pat downs, right? I'll be good with my flask?

yeah you will be good. no cases or a bottle of jack

#1049 6 years ago

Just curious but what are the official alcohol rules for the show? Does that convention center not have any places that sell alcohol? Only the adjoining hotels serve alcohol? Are you not allowed to enter the convention center with alcohol, period? Or are you just not allowed alcohol in certain ballrooms?

And on another note, are the food places inside the convention center?

#1050 6 years ago

Yeah. What ^^ he said. Chicago Expo has spoiled me. I don't go anywhere without beer in hand.

There are 1,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.