(Topic ID: 197699)

Official MGC 2018 thread- New location confirmed-Wisconsin center!

By cavalier88z24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HOTDOG (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    polka.jpg
    20180414_010636 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180416_200346358 (resized).jpg
    7EA4D3B9-68FD-4933-8DCF-E5A58C4E6085 (resized).jpeg
    30768081_10155545989534786_1630752093_o (resized).jpg
    30546453_10155545990609786_586348919_o (resized).jpg
    30768701_10155545989909786_1674075562_o (resized).jpg
    30547208_10155545990924786_1268110640_o (resized).jpg
    police_force_MGC_2018 (resized).jpg
    signal-2018-04-16-164822 (resized).jpg
    20180415_224214 (resized).jpg
    20180415_222519 (resized).jpg
    128C7400-87D8-4EE7-B2F1-823720D8118D (resized).jpeg
    486AF450-107A-4DB7-AF9E-8EBCE4CB9FE2 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 29.
    #901 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

If they are, we'll rethink next year.

I will give it a chance and trust you. If I get hit with a puck flying off a table, I am gonna shove it in a special place for you

#902 6 years ago

I bet Dan is hinting that the next Stern Vault Edition will be Roller Coaster Tycoon.

#903 6 years ago

not here to clog this thread with vendor games, so I will just say this.

Show specials on

Wizard of Oz 75th
    Hobbit Black Arrow
    Dialed In Limited

Medieval Madness Remake (standard edition)
    Attack From Mars Remake (classic edition)
    Attack From Mars Remake (special edition)

also used games (golden tee 2017, big buck hunter world, touchscreens, kiddie rides, etc, etc). Please pm me as to not derail this thread.

#904 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Please pm me as to not derail this thread.

Yeah, leave it to me to derail the thread!

IMG_0132 (resized).JPGIMG_0132 (resized).JPG

#905 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

That sucks. Where are you supposed to ride your Triceratops ?

LTG : )

#906 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

No JJ rides? BS! He told me that if I co e to the meet and greet that he will wear the dino outfit and give me a piggyback ride!

#907 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

You guys are not realizing how large this room is I think.
    I worked at a Chuck E Cheese with an air hockey table for many years. You couldn't hear it unless you were really close to it.
    When you walked into the vendor tent last year, did you hear the air hockey? The vendor tent was significantly *smaller* than this hall is.

Fair enough. My current hate for it is based on a couple locations where the air hockey is 10 feet behind you while you're trying to play.

I'll even skip the eye protection.

#908 6 years ago

go ahead kingpin detail this thread we got 2 weeks to go. Your brother coming? stop showing pictures of roller coasters, i threw up on one as a little kid and haven't ridden since. Is it true 20,000 iron maiden games? If so I love you stern.

#909 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

go ahead kingpin detail this thread we got 2 weeks to go. Your brother coming? stop showing pictures of roller coasters, i threw up on one as a little kid and haven't ridden since. Is it true 20,000 iron maiden games? If so I love you stern.

No. Where would I put that many?

The roller coasters may be a hint.

IMAG0765 (resized).jpgIMAG0765 (resized).jpg

#910 6 years ago

Rollercoaster Tycoon will be at the show we get it already

#911 6 years ago

how cool would that be if MGC had a roller coaster? I mean there is alot of space. kingpin probably owns one

#912 6 years ago

Maybe I'm announcing Chicago Gaming's third game... HURRICANE!

But I'm totally not.

FB_IMG_1504628387735 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1504628387735 (resized).jpg

#913 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

how cool would that be if MGC had a roller coaster? I mean there is alot of space. kingpin probably owns one

I have some of these

#914 6 years ago

Blue Streak (which is that thing is playing) does not fit in my criteria.

IMAG1013 (resized).jpgIMAG1013 (resized).jpg

#915 6 years ago

Looking for one ticket to toms party. I pm’d Dan but haven’t heard if those extra sold out yet. Let me know!

#916 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Looking for one ticket to toms party. I pm’d Dan but haven’t heard if those extra sold out yet. Let me know!

They're not, I'm slow. I'll get back to you soon.

#917 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Blue Streak (which is that thing is playing) does not fit in my criteria.

Hercules has a maximum display value of 999,990 ... NEARLY ONE MILLION IRON MAIDENS * C-C-C-CON-FIRMED *

#918 6 years ago

I have some of these
    » YouTube video

that's pretty cool. i would give that a spin. are you allowed to drink during the ride? lol

#919 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Hercules has a maximum display value of 999,990 ... NEARLY ONE MILLION IRON MAIDENS * C-C-C-CON-FIRMED *

OK, really, I can't fit that many in our floorplan.

I'm sure you're all hoping for a couple. So are we.

Unfortunately, my hints don't have anything to do with us getting a couple of Iron Maidens.

My stove is cool. And yes, I have kids.

IMG_20180321_175939119 (resized).jpgIMG_20180321_175939119 (resized).jpg

#920 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

OK, really, I can't fit that many in our floorplan.
    I'm sure you're all hoping for a couple. So are we.
    Unfortunately, my hints don't have anything to do with us getting a couple of Iron Maidens.
    My stove is cool. And yes, I have kids.

I can’t figure out a way to make that image into more than a million. I guess I’ve hit a wall on this gag.

#921 6 years ago

We realized that we didn't have much info up about VIG or the non-arcade after parties because... Well, honestly, we simply forgot and then (amazingly) no one asked us about it... so, until yesterday we didn't realize most of this was a mystery. Amazing we were selling a lot of it pretty solidly. I guess people trust us. Weird.

Boilerplate, and then Dan talk beneath it...

*** Friday Night VIG ***

On Friday night from 6pm until midnight, we open up huge amounts of the show content for less than 500 people! Here are just some of the things that are available:

- ALL of the new pinball machines from various manufacturers at the show!
    - ALL of the classic gaming and computing museum is open to play, including different games than are played the other days!
    - An Air Hockey tournament, with the winner getting to play against some of the best players in the world on Saturday!
    - A for-fun, PinGolf style tournament is available for anyone who wants to participate!
    - The Galloping Ghost Arcade are of the show, including unreleased prototypes like Beavis and Butthead and Primal Rage II.
    - The Gnome Game area, featuring tons of board games.
    - The KingPin Games Kiddie Ride Menagerie, for the young ones staying up past their bedtime.
    - The Guys, Games and Beer room, featuring some incredible new things this year.
    - The Underdog Chamber, featuring the Steel Battalion and Quake networks for play.

*** Saturday Night After Parties ***

We have THREE different after parties this year on Saturday night open to the general public! Tickets for all are limited and we expect will sell out. Here is a quick overview of each:

- The Official MGC After Party (21+) -

Presented by Overdrive Reality and recently moved to the Hilton, this party is going to bring the fun of a Vegas-style party to the Midwest Gaming Classic! Johnny Gioeli of the Sonic the Hedgehog series and Crush 40 will be singing live karaoke, DJ Tech will be spinning tunes straight from the Vegas Strip, and attendees will get the opportunity to play the one and only Nintendo Playstation prototype! Ticket price includes your first themed drink for the night!

- The Garcade After Party (All Ages!) -

Depart the Wisconsin Center on a coach bus to visit the amazing Garcade in Menomonee Falls to play their 100+ arcade games... on free play! Limited entry ensures everyone can play, a DJ will help keep the party going, and pizza is included! The bus will depart the Wisconsin Center after the MGC closes at 8pm and will return to the Wisconsin Center at 1am. You may drive separately if you wish.

- BOUNCE Milwaukee After Party (21+) -

Have you ever wanted to BOUNCE around on giant inflatables like a kid... while having a drink? BOUNCE Milwaukee is open until 1am and offering MGC attendees a special price to head over there and play! Activities include laser tag, rock climbing, giant inflatables, air hockey and more! Transportation is not included, but Bounce is less than 4 miles away from the Wisconsin Center!

Dan Talk:

If you are bringing an arcade game, the after party at the center still exists. These after parties exist because people wanted to be able to do other stuff if they weren't able to bring a machine, this is cool stuff to do, and for those that fly in it is a problem that we understand. I honestly expect the Official one to sell out in the next two days because amazingly, we didn't tell people anything that was going on with it, and it's *extremely* unique. Hell, I'm probably going to sneak over there a bit because I want to chill and see Johnny Gioeli "karaoke".

The Garcade is like the after party at the center, just with less new pinball machines, costs money, and you have to take a coach bus to be there. You can also take your kids. If you aren't from town, I think it's a great way to get to see it. The Garcade rocks.

Finally, BOUNCE Milwaukee is just kind of crazy cool. Giant inflatable things to bounce on, laser tag, rock climbing, and all of this in a 21+ environment so you can drink too. Again, ultra fun, and if you're coming in from out of town worth consideration.

On Friday, VIG...

If you don't have your tickets yet, you should. We expanded VIG this year from 300 people to just under 500 (the official number we've been working off is 450-475). However, VIG gets you the chance to see the entire MGC before everyone else as we are putting final touches on it, you get to play a ton of machines (there are some sections roped off for machines moving in, however ALL the new machines from manufacturers are there so it's a chance to play them with relatively short lines compared to Saturday and Sunday), the entire museum is open, and about half of the content on the second level is open. There is an awesome PinGolf tournament that you can play in (for fun), and just tons of stuff to do. It's a relaxed way to get to see a lot of the content, especially things that might not be easy to see the next two days. Capacity-wise, it's only about 100-150 more than we expect at the Saturday night after party, but it has more content than that. And, for you Beaker fans, we are pretty sure they will be playing that night, I'm working on some final logistics.

If you are interested in any of these, https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/buy-tickets/ before they start selling out, which I expect to happen now that we are telling people what the heck is going on pretty quickly! Both VIG and the Official After Party are under 50 tickets currently.

#922 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

They're not, I'm slow. I'll get back to you soon.

Thank you sir

You? Busy? Whaaaaa

#924 6 years ago

I have some of these
    » YouTube video

Of course you do.

#926 6 years ago

Just added Chicago Gaming officially, although that was announced in here.

I think our vip list, which is finally getting pictures, will hit about 75.

#927 6 years ago

2 weeks til load in

#928 6 years ago

If anyone has an extra ticket for the Friday VIG show and wants to sell it please PM me
    Kent

#929 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rapzilch:

If anyone has an extra ticket for the Friday VIG show and wants to sell it please PM me
    Kent

VIG still has about fifteen available tickets on our site if you want.

#930 6 years ago

American Pinball is a MGC show sponsor, and Houdini: Master of Mystery will be at the show both at the Pincades booth and at the KingPin booth! If you haven't played it recently, you need to play it now. Make sure to check it out at the show!

Houdini Playfield (resized).jpgHoudini Playfield (resized).jpg

#931 6 years ago

Chicago Gaming Company is sending me to MGC. I picked up a new tool box for MGC and TPF. Though repairs have almost been none existent. Last year at TPF a broken prototype launch bracket, this year one spring. I don't like not being ready.

Disclaimer : I was going to bring a roll cabinet. I decided to condense things even more.

tools (resized).JPGtools (resized).JPG

#932 6 years ago

nice looking travel box. Show us the inside now! Love a freshly organized tool bag!

#933 6 years ago

There is probably beer in it not tools.

#934 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Show us the inside now!

Won't be anything in there until Thursday night before I leave for MGC Friday morning. Then I grab the essentials from the roll cab and put into the traveling companion.

There are many tools and parts I only want one of. So stop by the CGC area and I'll show you.

#935 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crashnburn:

There is probably beer in it not tools.

Hey now. Just because I was in the wonderful state of Wisconsin last week doesn't mean anything.

DSC00523 (resized).JPGDSC00523 (resized).JPG

#936 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Chicago Gaming Company is sending me to MGC. I picked up a new tool box for MGC and TPF. Though repairs have almost been none existent. Last year at TPF a broken prototype launch bracket, this year one spring. I don't like not being ready.
    Disclaimer: I was going to bring a roll cabinet. I decided to condense things even more.

FYI, I will have all of my tools with also. I am also the NEW local distributor for both American Pinball and Chicago Gaming (not to mention JJP and Spooky). Between Llyod and myself, I don't think there will be any issues with the games.... so if you want to fill your tool cart with beer... I will not object to that.

#937 6 years ago

so if you want to fill your tool cart with beer... I will not object to that.

Then I better switch back to the roll cab. More room for beer.

IMG_0909 (resized).JPGIMG_0909 (resized).JPG

#938 6 years ago

Well, it's pretty hard to believe that we're only about a week away from the next MGC. Here's the details you will need for setup.

Setup hours are Friday April 13th from 10am-10pm. The dock will re-open at 7am on Saturday morning if you aren't able to setup on Friday. If you need to setup Saturday morning, please plan to be there no later than 9am as the hall opens to the public at 10. Reminding the dock will close on Saturday at 6pm and will not re-open until 11am on Sunday morning.

If you're not able to setup during these times, there is an opportunity to drop off your game on Thursday night but we would need to know that in advance. Please email me if this is something you need to do so we can plan for you.

I've attached a graphic showing the dock and exhibit hall of the Wisconsin Center. The console museum and arcade hall are using what is shown as "C" on the map. The vendor hall is the area indicated by "D". Please note the orientation of the picture.

1. Enter the ramp and dock area off of N. 6th Street as shown on the map. Park near the ramp area show by the red square. Please be cognizant of other people unloading as well so we can get everyone in as efficiently as possible. There will be people available to help direct and answer questions as needed.

2. Unload your game(s) into the game corral area. You will receive a ticket to get back into the game hall to setup. At this point you should move your vehicle and park. If you have a trailer and wish to use the dock area, we can help you park and unhook your trailer. Reminder, no vehicles can remain in the dock area.

3. The surface lot for oversize vehicles and trailers is located just south of the Wisconsin Center and Wisconsin Ave. It is located between the Hilton Hotel (N 5th St) and the Grand Avenue Mall (N 4th St).

https://goo.gl/F7BASj

4. After parking, bring the ticket you received when you dropped off your game to the main entry marked on the map. You will be admitted to the hall to get your game(s) to setup and register. You will get your weekend passes and after-party ticket when we register you.

Let me know if you have further questions and we'll see you next week!
    Keith

262-442-3310

WisconsinCenterMap (resized).jpgWisconsinCenterMap (resized).jpg

#939 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Hey now. Just because I was in the wonderful state of Wisconsin last week doesn't mean anything.

Be sure to try Moon Man as well, also from New Glarus. So good.

#940 6 years ago

Purchased my weekend ticket on line...

9 am Entry to the show for Advance purchased tickets per the website - Correct ?

Pre-order ticket holders early access starting at 9am to the following:
    Vendor Hall (Saturday)
    Museum and Arcade Hall (Sunday)

#941 6 years ago
    Quoted from hayrebear:

Be sure to try Moon Man as well, also from New Glarus. So good.

yes moon man and 2 women both excellent.

hey Keith we in hall c?

#942 6 years ago

In looking at the MGC website, they have added an event map. I took a clip of it and crudely drew C and D on it (see below). It looks like we are in "C". The Wisconsin Center shows C as being about 31,000 sq feet with dems of 90ft x 335 ft. Should be good!

MAP (resized).JPGMAP (resized).JPG

#943 6 years ago
    Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

In looking at the MGC website, they have added a event map. I took a clip of it and crudely drew C and D on it (see below). It looks like we are in "C". The Wisconsin Center shows C as being about 31,000 sq feet with dems of 90ft x 335 ft. Should be good!

You are correct sir!

#944 6 years ago

With the dang snow today, I'm so glad I booked Amtrak tickets instead of getting my Honda in a ditch. Sure, it might clear up on Friday, but, well, yeah.

#945 6 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

With the dang snow today, I'm so glad I booked Amtrak tickets instead of getting my Honda in a ditch. Sure, it might clear up on Friday, but, well, yeah.

Wait - the show isn't this weekend, it's next?

#946 6 years ago

So real quick, I want to show a trend here... the number is from my posts...

#868 - Dude Perfect world record video
    #876 - Goliath, world's tallest, fastest, steepest wooden coaster when released
    #880 - Lightning Rod, world's fastest (and only) launched wooden coaster
    #883 - Valravn (not Rogarou), the world's tallest and fastest dive coaster
    #889 - Tesla Roadster 2, the world's fastest production car ever (when produced)
    #889 - Superman Escape from Krypton, at the time it was made the world's fastest coaster and Lex Luthor's Drop of Doom, the world's tallest drop ride
    #893 - Banshee, the world's tallest and fastest inverted coaster
    #899 - Fury 325, the world's tallest and fastest chain driven coaster.
    #909 - Flight of Fear, at the time it was made the fastest (and first) magnetic launch coaster
    #912 - American Eagle, world's tallest and fastest racing coaster (at the time of release, fastest ride in the world too!)
    #914 - Hercules, world's largest pinball machine (also noted, Blue Streak didn't count because it was never...)

and

#919 is completely different, but has to do with my theory of how to lay out the show.

What could it all mean? I think I'll share...

...tomorrow.

#947 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Valravn (not Rogarou)

Ahhh, dammit, I knew that. I just screwed up.

So, tallest and fastest Marco booth ever, confirmed?

#948 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Ahhh, dammit, I knew that. I just screwed up.
    So, tallest and fastest Marco booth ever, confirmed?

Is it something better than this?

https://absoluteamusements.com/worlds-tallest-pinball-machine-giant-pinball-rental/

Largest (resized).jpgLargest (resized).jpg

#949 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Then I better switch back to the roll cab. More room for beer.

Hmmm. So they are bringing in the big gun himself with a tool chest equipped to solve any New Machine issue at a blink. What New CGC game did they ask you to bring schematics for Mr Lloyd.....?? What Game Is it already!!! lol I only hope I am able to treat you to a beer. Or a brat as this Is Wisconsin.

#950 6 years ago

Man, this list is growing a lot right now, and I am only like halfway through the Stern list...

Need to add Chicago Gaming VIPs and American Pinball VIPs hopefully tomorrow too after I get some sleep!

Right now, I'm at 24 pinball VIPs. Have about 50 more to go!

There are 1,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-moving-locations/page/19?hl=hayrebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.