Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BOP.JPG
    Tron_Finished.jpeg
    amishmafia.jpg
    20130323_185529.jpg
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!animatronic.jpg
    DSCF0264.JPG
    IMAG3383.jpg
    IMAG3381.jpg
    IMAG3393.jpg
    IMAG3392.jpg
    IMAG3391.jpg
    IMAG3390.jpg
    IMAG3389.jpg
    IMAG3387.jpg
    IMAG3386.jpg
    IMAG3385.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from cableguy918:

that was the nicest looking fish tails I've ever seen. Too bad I didn't get a chance to play it.

get a hold of me if you are in Madison area and you can come on over to play it.

Quoted from Overphase:

It smelled like someone's machine caught on fire Saturday around noon in the freeplay area.

We tried to find it forever (figured it was the EMs in a row), but turned out to be TS with a crispy transformer. It was removed and the smell disappeared. IMHO, more reason that MGC needs to emphasize that people should NOT be bringing games that they do not have working. Quite a few folks (retailers and OPs?) that brought games in that had obviously been in storage and they had not flipped on in months or even years.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I heard the stank level in that freeplay area was almost unbearable from 2 different pinsiders. Glad I didn't go this year. I can't believe it was $30 today either, that's insane.

You can complain about price or you can complain about crowding, but unfortunately I don't think you can complain about both... unless you can find a larger suitable spot for MGC the only way to decrease crowding is to increase cost and them fewer people would come >> I personally think that is a great solution, but I think the MGC guys would rather it be as cheap as possible so more people can attend.

The MGC guys have rehashed this before and I think they would be happy to find a bigger location so long as it offers many of the same needed features (ability to tap into electricity for access to power, convention center with MULTIPLE divided rooms for all the variety of activities, a hotel attached to the center, etc), but one in the MKE are simply does not exist. If anyone knows of something, I know that Dan and Gary are willing to listen. Help them to make MGC better. Help them find a bigger and better location in the MKE area and I am sure they would listen.

#59 11 years ago

true Tom. I did not mean to make it sound like TS was not working prior to show. that was just a fluke thing> 20 year old games implode sometimes.

I was specifically referring to a few other games that had obviously come out of storage and were not plugged in till they were at MGC. They unfortunately were taking up space and giys were working on them throughout the show but they never got up and running for more than an hour or 2 the whole time

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigduke6:

Loved your FT! Just by chance our led choice was just about identical. The only difference is I went with all blue caps on the pop bumpers. That display is COOL. Where did you come up with that?

Thanks. Display is the new SIGMA colordmd. I had it on 1 of 49 colors and the 'scan' option (3 total styles of dot, scan, or full).

I think Randy has said they should be available in April, but do not quote me on that.

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I never complained about the crowding. I complained about the price and the stank level, meaning people with lack of hygiene.

I misunderstood. Not sure how to fix the stank issue, but honestly seemed much better than previous year >> well besides Tony clearing the room a few times with his crop dustings.

#92 11 years ago

Worth stating again that Rob's any pin NVRAM is great. It held up fine int he stress test of MGC all weekend. It will be going in EVERY game I own when the full production version is available!

#100 11 years ago

Wanted to say that for anyone that is disappointed about the crowding then an easy solution on a personel level would be to bring a game.

You then are allowed entrance into the afterparty which runs from 8:30 on Sat night till??? (I think it tailed off around 2am this year). You could basically play any game to your hearts content. It was by far the best way to play games if that is your main concern.

I also thought of it a a good stress test for the game I brought.

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

I'm kinda curious to the people who had people do the 4 player games in front of them - did you say anything? I'm not being a wise ass, just some people need reminding.

Numerous times I would check up on my FT and there would be someone (usually a young kid) playing 4 games all by themselves. No parent to be seen and no supervision at all. I would always let the kid know that polite manners would mean only playing a 1 person game and then seeing if anyone else is around > if not then play another 1 person game. Most of the times they said sorry and at least acted like they understood. If there parents had actually been around I would likely have had more to say to them.

The one time I saw an adult playing a 4 player game, I instructed him that was not polite. He told me to piss off>> I explained it was my game and he was now done playing. I flipped it off, then back on and let the guy behind him play. After the Ahole left, the other guy told me how thankful he was that I did that.

#134 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I hope things do come together.
    MGC is an awesome show and it would be exciting to see it continue to grow.
    LTG : )

Agreed and already looking forward to next year!!!

#146 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Id be happy to print out a small etiquette sheet to pass out to everyone next year.

Love this idea! Education is the key with most things.

Will it have some camping tips on the backside of the card...

#148 11 years ago

I like the idea of both a large poster or 2 and the cards.

#153 11 years ago

I like the ideas SzewczykM!

Credit to the pinball owners rather than MGC is great. Keeps anyone from being mad at MGC.

I would also like to see something about game handling.

Be Nice!
    Please be nice to the games or the owners may not bring them back in the future to share with all of us. If you notice a stuck ball or a problem please turn off the game and call the number on the game.

#158 11 years ago

Yeah, I was also amazed at how well you guys organized things this year. You did an amazing job of making it all work. I know that Dan mentioned that a big thing that would help in future years is if EVERYONE woudl preregister for the games they are bringing. Apparantly about 20% that showed up were not registered which I am sure makes it difficult to plan ahead.

Tully, Chris, Keith, etc... really did a great job!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-is-packed?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.