Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BOP.JPG
    Tron_Finished.jpeg
    amishmafia.jpg
    20130323_185529.jpg
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!animatronic.jpg
    DSCF0264.JPG
    IMAG3383.jpg
    IMAG3381.jpg
    IMAG3393.jpg
    IMAG3392.jpg
    IMAG3391.jpg
    IMAG3390.jpg
    IMAG3389.jpg
    IMAG3387.jpg
    IMAG3386.jpg
    IMAG3385.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 11 years ago

Well, I'm finally starting to feel a little more "normal" after the weekend of moving around machines and lack of sleep.

I'd just like to personally re-iterate what Chris said so well. Thank you to EVERYONE who brought games to the show. Thank you to EVERYONE for your patience as we tried to accommodate everyone and move people around. As Dan has previously said, it would be great to have more space (we really need it), but that really isn't possible right now in the Milwaukee area without completely changing what the MGC is.

Overall, I think the arcade hall (and overflow) ran the smoothest it has since I've been involved. More machines remained on and playable than any previous MGC and any other show I've been to. I personally made efforts to contact people when their game went down and in general, they came down to get it back up and running again (usually it was just a stuck ball).

While I won't say "can't wait until next year" quite yet (I still hurt), I'll probably say that in a month from now. Thanks again everyone and I look forward to seeing everyone in 2014.

Keith

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I want to add a huge thank you to all the people that brought games and then were patient with us as we juggled things to make everything fit. Especially the guys that came later when we were struggling for space and had to be extra patient with us.
    There were also a few guys that were good enough to let us move already placed games to help cram more and keep the flow as good as possible. One guy in particular brought a bunch of vids to sell and we ended up moving him a couple times and splitting up what he brought (I think he posted here, but I can't seem to find it now). I know that was a big hassle, but he was very cool about it. I hate having to do stuff like that, but I really appreciate the patience. We didn't get too much crap about doing what we had to do, which was nice.
    We try to make it "first come, first serve" with the space, but there were a couple times we had to break that, mostly for the overall fit and flow of the room to make the most sense. I know there were a few guys who showed up either late Friday or even Saturday morning and were disappointed about not getting their machine into the arcade room. I understand that frustration, but the only way to avoid that is to get there earlier, even if you preregistered. We will always find a spot, but there is no way we can guarantee it will be in the arcade room unless you get there early. I hope you all understand that. Thankfully we were able to get quite a few of the hallway games (pins at least) into the room as the show went on and other stuff moved out.
    So thanks again to everyone who brought games to share, and an extra special thanks to those we had to shuffle around for all of your patience. I think the show was a great success overall, and you all are a huge part of that!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-is-packed?tu=jazman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.