Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BOP.JPG
    Tron_Finished.jpeg
    amishmafia.jpg
    20130323_185529.jpg
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!animatronic.jpg
    DSCF0264.JPG
    IMAG3383.jpg
    IMAG3381.jpg
    IMAG3393.jpg
    IMAG3392.jpg
    IMAG3391.jpg
    IMAG3390.jpg
    IMAG3389.jpg
    IMAG3387.jpg
    IMAG3386.jpg
    IMAG3385.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chriss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from kastawaykid:

I have gone to MGC for several years and this probably will be my last. This was probably the worst show I have ever been to and I have been to a lot. It has nothing to do with Dan and his crew, because I respect all that they do for this hobby. It's just the cost I spent ($100 for my wife and I) to deal with rude people for the maybe two hours I was there. Maybe it is just the Midwest or just how people are becoming.

It's a bummer you could only dedicate a couple hours to the show. Yeah the free area gets crazy but that's why it's important to plan a longer stay. I think a lot of people forget that this isn't just a pinball show. It's an "All encompassing electronics gaming trade show". All the people who collect and trade gaming consoles have the same wristband and access to the arcade hall as we have to the rooms with the old console games. We just choose to not spend a lot of time in those rooms. Some would say our loss.

Yup there were a lot of people both days. The only way to control the crowds would be to limit the number of entrance passes sold or cap the amount of people allowed in the arcade room at one time. Both option seem like a step backwards.

This is really the only space in MKE that are linked with hotel and convention space which is an important aspect of the show.

Chris

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

On the subject about games being turned off - I sold shuttle and Big Guns early on Saturday and the new owner wanted them turned off. I should of pulled them.

I know we all complain about the things we see or dislike about the shows but I think that machines that are sold should be pulled. Tim's WOF sat in the hallway Saturday night for the after party where it couldn't be played while other machines were in the hall turned off or not working.

I think it's a valid point. If the new owners were there playing everyone else's machines why can't we play theirs.

Steve, Tom, Eric and the rest if the crew do a fantastic job keeping on top of moving machines around and bringing more in when something sells and leaves or dies.

I think it's all about space. If there was a holding pen for broken or sold machines that would help solve this issue. Just wont happen at this location.

I still think its a great show.

Chris

#101 11 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

I bought the Space Shuttle and the Big Guns. I asked Chris if he would shut them off because I didn't want something happening to them before I got them home. I live in central Iowa and we don't have access to repair tech's so getting a machine repaired is not an easy or cheap task. When you buy a used car, you don't tell the dealer to continue to let other people test drive it for a couple of days.

Congrats on the new purchases.

I can understand your concern about them needing repair esp if this may be out of your scope of knowledge. It just would have been nice to have that space for machines people can play. It's just a little sad for those that bring machines and those that buy tickets to the show. You walk in and see 2 slots where playable machines could be, but its being used as storage.

I heard rumor that over 12 machines were turned away because the show was out of space. Kind of shame.

Hopefully next year you can bring 1 or 2 back so we can all enjoy them. Also I think you'll find there are Pinheads all over the country esp in your neck of the woods that are interested and excited to help. Plus if you bring a machine to play you get in free for the weekend.

Quoted from Chrizg:

On the subject about games being turned off - I sold shuttle and Big Guns early on Saturday and the new owner wanted them turned off. I should of pulled them.

Hey Chris,

It was nice to meet you this weekend. The SS and the BG were nice examples. Congrats on the sales.

chris

#150 11 years ago
    Quoted from marcos:

Yeah, I cut the master power around 4:10 AM, kicking about 15 of you out.
    Prior to me accepting the after party monitor and shut down duties a couple years ago, the party used to end around midnight.
    You're welcome.
    -Mark

Yeah, I'm getting a room next year for Saturday Night. The 45 minute drive at 2PM was a killer and I didn't drink so I couldn't make an ass of myself.

chris

#155 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Don't worry- I was 'ass' enough for both of us!

Nope. You were a Pro. No wine on your white shirt and up the next AM back on the Arcade Floor.

BTW: I think NBAFB will be heading out the door.

chris

#157 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I want to add a huge thank you to all the people that brought games and then were patient with us as we juggled things to make everything fit. Especially the guys that came later when we were struggling for space and had to be extra patient with us.
    There were also a few guys that were good enough to let us move already placed games to help cram more and keep the flow as good as possible. One guy in particular brought a bunch of vids to sell and we ended up moving him a couple times and splitting up what he brought (I think he posted here, but I can't seem to find it now). I know that was a big hassle, but he was very cool about it. I hate having to do stuff like that, but I really appreciate the patience. We didn't get too much crap about doing what we had to do, which was nice.
    We try to make it "first come, first serve" with the space, but there were a couple times we had to break that, mostly for the overall fit and flow of the room to make the most sense. I know there were a few guys who showed up either late Friday or even Saturday morning and were disappointed about not getting their machine into the arcade room. I understand that frustration, but the only way to avoid that is to get there earlier, even if you preregistered. We will always find a spot, but there is no way we can guarantee it will be in the arcade room unless you get there early. I hope you all understand that. Thankfully we were able to get quite a few of the hallway games (pins at least) into the room as the show went on and other stuff moved out.
    So thanks again to everyone who brought games to share, and an extra special thanks to those we had to shuffle around for all of your patience. I think the show was a great success overall, and you all are a huge part of that!

Thanks to you guys. As things left things were brought in from the hallway. I left pretty late Saturday night and was back by 8:30 sunday morning and things were already moved into the Arcade room. Its amazing what you guys pull off. I know everyone comments on improvements, myself included, but you guys really manage the space to its fullest.

chris

#173 11 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I will promise to bring these 2 next year.

Sweet. Hopefully there will be a FS sticker on the BOP there was a Tron Arcade there this year but I didn't get a chance to play it.

I think the vids are fun. I started as a video kid growing up so its always nice to play some of them at MGC.

chris

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chriss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-is-packed?tu=chriss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.