Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by lordloss
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HiltonCage.jpg
    video.snl.com@dbcc7ed5-96a0-333a-b920-6f8ef0521836_FULL.png
    image-937.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 9 years ago

My only regret is not bringing a machine. My highspeed ran into a small problem before the cpr swap was finished, otherwise I would have. It would have blown all those other HS's out of the water.

#57 9 years ago

2) Again at the show, we need a pre-sale ticket / entrance guru. Someone who can work with Gary to ensure the system works how it should, and then can coordinate people doing check in and whatnot to get them in. We do scannable tickets, which when they work should take as long as a cash transaction to get in, but when Gary or I aren't basically the ones to run it, it becomes way slower, and then we have lines out the door for pre-sale while cash is walking in and going on their merry way. The worst first impression you can do for a pre-sale, basically.

I'd say send out actual tickets with some sort of hard to fake aspect to them. When you come to the door, rip it in half and give the person the wrist band.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Which pins won the trophies? I only heard the BSD won.

That BSD was beautiful. I'd like to hear more about what went into that game.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

owner is outta Green Bay, name is Erik. I will see if he is on pinside and see if he will join and share. I think Hellfire knows him and did the pf and cabinet work.

Please do, I'd like to make one as beautiful as that someday

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Here's the thing, without going way into this all...
    The GOAT Store already underwrites the show and is an LLC, however the problem is that if the show loses $25k, someone still has to pay for that and it would be us. If we changed the LLC or whatever, at the end of the day someone would still be on the hook.
    Along with that, I am actually not the person that handles most stuff. I mentioned it and it's true, I didn't set foot in the arcade hall Friday. I also didn't set foot in the museum hall, any basement room other than the Network Game Room, or any hotel room Friday. When you look at it like that, there is actually very little that I directly oversee. There are people that do all of that with me and Gary handling only little details. Gary and I last did everything in 2004, and the show really has been run by everyone else since then with us just handling little portions of it and overseeing. Lately, we've been stepping back even further.
    Having said all that, there are definitely parts where we need help, and those are the totally un-sexy things that I mentioned before. Some people have already stepped up to potentially claim those. That's great. It's just even being a central figure in this is rather overwhelming.
    Finally though, for those people that say that in three months I can figure it out, I can't. The hotels and whatnot need answers as soon as possible, and basically if we aren't all cylinders go by the end of next week, there won't be a 2015 show. Before that happens, we need to talk with the vendors and whatnot because if we have no vendors for next year's show, we have no show. Seeing how that response is, and also what we can do to improve the tent situation for next year, will really go a long way toward determining what we can do for next year - but I have basically seven days including today to make it happen.

How much for a small table next year ? I was thinking about being a vendor

#97 9 years ago

A lesson I learned this year is that if something isn't for sale, you arn't trying hard enough.

2 weeks later
    #98 9 years ago

I never heard back on vendor pricing.

#101 9 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

This was from a post by Dan . I think at this point he can not give any sort of pricing .

I was asking about this years pricing so I could get a ballpark range.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-goatdan-update?tu=lordloss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.