4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dkpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

17797_10155359047645198_4013217322431421503_n.jpg
    hilton_shirt_back.jpg
    hilton_shirt_front.jpg
    DSC_9266.jpg
    DSC_9265.jpg
    DSC_9263.jpg
    DSC_9262.jpg
    vince_hilton_pms_redact.png

#1 4 years ago

Let's hear them folks.

What were your favorite moments about MGC. The brain worms that you will think back on and enjoy?

What made this a great weekend for you?

#2 4 years ago

I have lots of great moments and memories form this past weekend so a short list:

Countless high fives from doug and jay and scott everytime I saw them

Hugs and good times with great people just enjoying life

Many people with smiles of pure joy while playing the gameshow cash grab machine

Getting my nuts rumbled by BOP2.0 with the sub in the door

KillerQueen (Yes, I played a videogame!) was super fun at 3am in the afterparty with the beardbros

Teaching a bunch of people the ruleset for excalibur and then seeing them later on playing multiple games

Hanging with Rob Anthony and others in his room and chatting. Rob also came over to my house pre-MGC and taught me a bunch of stuff, fixed a few lingering issues, and then we played through many of my games which was a blast and the perfect warm up to MGC. Such a solid dude and always a joy to hang with him and Taro.

Dinner with Korn and SheKorn at Flemmings (it was the perfect break from MGC and made me glad we made that part of my lost bet)

Yancy blowing it up on AFM during Chaos. Guy is a dominating player and was cool to see him blast the machine that everyone else was struggling on

Jay getting a 'tat' at about 3am on Sat night

Chickenhead in the gameshow

Some new friends and reconnecting with old friends

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I have lots of great moments and memories form this past weekend so a short list:
    Countless high fives from doug and jay and scott everytime I saw them
    Hugs and good times with great people just enjoying life
    Many people with smiles of pure joy while playing the gameshow cash grab machine
    Getting my nuts rumbled by BOP2.0 with the sub in the door
    KillerQueen (Yes, I played a videogame!) was super fun at 3am in the afterparty with the beardbros
    Teaching a bunch of people the ruleset for excalibur and then seeing them later on playing multiple games
    Hanging with Rob Anthony and others in his room and chatting. Rob also came over to my house pre-MGC and taught me a bunch of stuff, fixed a few lingering issues, and then we played through many of my games which was a blast and the perfect warm up to MGC. Such a solid dude and always a joy to hang with him and Taro.
    Dinner with Korn and SheKorn at Flemmings (it was the perfect break from MGC and made me glad we made that part of my lost bet)
    Yancy blowing it up on AFM during Chaos. Guy is a dominating player and was cool to see him blast the machine that everyone else was struggling on
    Jay getting a 'tat' at about 3am on Sat night
    Chickenhead in the gameshow
    Some new friends and reconnecting with old friends

Where are pics of you in the shirt you lost the bet on?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I am suprised they are not all over by now. Everyone wanted a pic, but few were willing to be in the photo with me. My Bryan Kelly finger was tired by the end of the day I needed to take so many photos.

Pink is a good color on me I was told. Worst part was the perfume drenching they gave it before it was gifted to me. Granted I smelled better than 90% of the other people in attendance

#5 4 years ago

Best part was being part of the vendor presale aspect of the event. All the vendors go around and buy all the AAA deals and desirable's on friday night from each other.

#6 4 years ago

My favorite moment was Lily playing the kids tournament. She was in fourth qualifying for quite awhile (and that was the cut-off). Unfortunately she ended up getting bumped down to sixth before the finals so did not move on. But she had fun and loves the idea that she's a WI ranked player now.

I think any other game she would have done better on. Even with her step-stool I don't think she can see the ropes up in the ring clearly. She was really struggling with keeping the ball in the ring and I think it's because she couldn't see when the ball was right on the ropes. So pretty much all her points came from the lower playfield. Oh well...she still had fun even though she was a little disappointed with not moving to the finals. I was of course proud no matter what!

Of course watching how she ALWAYS lights up when playing WOZ is always a highlight. So much so that I'm probably going to have to do something about getting one at some point...

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am suprised they are not all over by now.

I posted them on my Facebook....

#8 4 years ago

Yancy *destroyed* my AFM in Chaos, until sometime on Sunday he was the only person to crack the default high scores. The someone actually managed to best his score finally on Sunday, Have not had a chance to pull the audits yet.

#9 4 years ago

My favorite moment was first walking into the arcade hall and seeing the rows of machines, around 99% that I have never seen before. I had that "kid in a candy store" feeling while I was trying to figure out where to start.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Oh sorry sorry, got busy processing the rest of the MGC photos and neglected to post them. But here's the backstory, for those of us just hearing about this now.

As some of you may or may not (hurumph) know, Whysnow (Hilton) has been a bit of a cheerleader for the whole Skit-B Predator Pinball project.

End of October 2014 there was lots of bluster going every which way about taking bets whether Whysnow was going to get his Predator by the end of 2014. The usual keyboard warrior stuff, I'll bet you a game, I'll bet you a thousand dollars, mainly stuff that nobody would ever want to lose nor believe anyone you don't know would pay up on.

I know Hilton, and having no horse in the race nor pot to throw at it couldn't pass up an opportunity to make lemonade out of lemons by amusing myself with the Predator situation. I WANTED IN ON THE ACTION! (I get bored easily. )

So I sent Hilton some PMs, and we agreed to a bet. He'd be playing his Predator by January 1, 2015, or he'd have to wear a t-shirt of my design all day Saturday at MGC, plus buy me dinner. Conversely, if he was playing his machine by January first, I'd have to wear a shirt of his design, and buy him dinner.

WELL... we all know what happened in the meantime. Needless to say I wasn't going to be buying dinner!

Without further adieu, here is Hilton with the shirt! He wore it all day Saturday at MGC and on through the after party. Never let it be said that he doesn't pay on his bets!

...and dinner was pretty good, too!

Thanks for being a good sport, Hilton!

vince_hilton_pms_redact.png DSC_9262.jpg DSC_9263.jpg DSC_9265.jpg DSC_9266.jpg hilton_shirt_front.jpg hilton_shirt_back.jpg
    #11 4 years ago

Oh my....lol

#12 4 years ago

sailor moon Vince, ouch, something just blew up in my head.

#13 4 years ago

SO many great memories...

My oldest son took first place in the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare tourney and my youngest took fourth!
    Playing in pingolf with Vince, Joe, and Doug. They were hilarious!
    Hanging with Conrad, Dave, Paul, and Brian. Those blonde Russians were SO tasty!!
    The mathematician.
    Killer Queen (as noted in another thread).
    Sharing in the joy as Mark and Ian unboxed their first NIB.
    Good times!!

#14 4 years ago

This was my favorite moment of MGC. When Fonzie jumped the shark.....that was awesome!

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from dkazz1:

When Fonzie jumped the shark.....that was awesome!

17797_10155359047645198_4013217322431421503_n.jpg
    #16 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

17797_10155359047645198_4013217322431421503_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That is so great.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheKorn:

Oh sorry sorry, got busy processing the rest of the MGC photos and neglected to post them. But here's the backstory, for those of us just hearing about this now.
    As some of you may or may not (hurumph) know, Whysnow (Hilton) has been a bit of a cheerleader for the whole Skit-B Predator Pinball project.
    End of October 2014 there was lots of bluster going every which way about taking bets whether Whysnow was going to get his Predator by the end of 2014. The usual keyboard warrior stuff, I'll bet you a game, I'll bet you a thousand dollars, mainly stuff that nobody would ever want to lose nor believe anyone you don't know would pay up on.
    I know Hilton, and having no horse in the race nor pot to throw at it couldn't pass up an opportunity to make lemonade out of lemons by amusing myself with the Predator situation. I WANTED IN ON THE ACTION! (I get bored easily. )
    So I sent Hilton some PMs, and we agreed to a bet. He'd be playing his Predator by January 1, 2015, or he'd have to wear a t-shirt of my design all day Saturday at MGC, plus buy me dinner. Conversely, if he was playing his machine by January first, I'd have to wear a shirt of his design, and buy him dinner.
    WELL... we all know what happened in the meantime. Needless to say I wasn't going to be buying dinner!
    Without further adieu, here is Hilton with the shirt! He wore it all day Saturday at MGC and on through the after party. Never let it be said that he doesn't pay on his bets!
    ...and dinner was pretty good, too!
    ยป YouTube video
    Thanks for being a good sport, Hilton!

vince_hilton_pms_redact.png (Click image to enlarge)
    DSC_9262.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    DSC_9263.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    DSC_9265.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    DSC_9266.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    hilton_shirt_front.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    hilton_shirt_back.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Thanks Vince.
    Looks like Hilton was a great sport about it.

#18 4 years ago

High fives , scoregasm party . Snow globe , helped run it on Sunday , cool to see how excited kids were when they got to go in there and play a game . One girl came back later with some of the foam balls and said she found them in the hood of her sweatshirt Scott told her she could keep them as a souvenir . She said that secerity would stop her from taking them , scott told her "it won't be a problem , just tell them i said it was ok" that was really funny . I Played a "pretend " dollar game against Greg Freres on Big Juicy Mellons . I won and then gave him a high five . Big juicy mellons is a cool game , I played it more than any other game there .

#19 4 years ago

Meeting the really drunk dude that was offering everyone rips off his bottle of Jim beam. I haven't seen anyone that drunk since college.

#20 4 years ago

My favorite part was Bryan Kelly! He is so dreamy.

Andrew

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

My favorite part was Bryan Kelly! He is so dreamy.
    Andrew

That's just gross. He's old....and wrinkly....and really f'd up.

#22 4 years ago

I got to meet Dennis Norman, play some Whoa Nellie, and a few other games before it got to crowded. My neighbors kids liked the girl in the black fish nets with the skimpy underwear (thongs) .

lol

#23 4 years ago

My friends and I drove up from Kansas City and were not disappointed - hoping we can make it back next year. Some of my favorite memories of the weekend:

- My first Pingolf tournament, and meeting Rob and Steve in our foursome. Nice people.
    - Ball 1 of my AFM game in Clock Chaos (1.5bn, but then all downhill after that)
    - Getting to play The Hobbit for the first time - really enjoyed it.
    - Getting replay scores on both my games of Metallica in the main tournament (normally not a game I'm great at)
    - Meeting the Spooky crew and drunkenly professing my respect and admiration to Charlie for his success and how he's helped the hobby grow. I bet he wanted me to go away after about 30 seconds.
    - On a related note, sharing a laugh with Bryan Kelly about Steve Ritchie's "Ya Doosh!" autograph.
    - Watching the excitement on my non-pin friends' faces as they got really into playing certain games.
    - The efforts and good coordination of the tournament organizers and scorekeepers. I felt like all the events had a good structure that was easy to understand and ran smoothly.

Thanks to everyone who helped make the event a success - we had a great time.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks! It probably helped that I didn't know anyone was having trouble with AFM before I walked up to it. Got into the zone instead of psyching myself out like usual. Clock Chaos was the first pinball I'd played in two weeks, partly due to Scoregasm assembly crunch time.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Thanks! It probably helped that I didn't know anyone was having trouble with AFM before I walked up to it. Got into the zone instead of psyching myself out like usual. Clock Chaos was the first pinball I'd played in two weeks, partly due to Scoregasm assembly crunch time.

Mental note. Next time tell Yancy that everyone is struggling with all the games

It was really cool to watch.

#26 4 years ago

High point for me was the dance party that broke out around Scoregasm late Saturday night. Someone plugged a phone into it and cranked up the Daft Punk, Hall & Oates, Justin Timberlake, etc. Drinks, dollar games, high fives, drinks, yelling, wrestling, and did I mention drinks?

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

High point for me was the dance party that broke out around Scoregasm late Saturday night. Someone plugged a phone into it and cranked up the Daft Punk, Hall & Oates, Justin Timberlake, etc. Drinks, dollar games, high fives, drinks, yelling, wrestling, and did I mention drinks?

I left that thing at 3am and it didn't appear to have an end in sight. Sunday was a rough day for me, as a result.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

I left that thing at 3am and it didn't appear to have an end in sight.

The Man said otherwise around 3:30. Probably for the best.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

The Man said otherwise around 3:30. Probably for the best.

I alllllllmost let my ride back to the hotel leave me because I was having too much fun. I'm shocked the only thing they broke up was that wrestling match.

Total blast. Bringing a pin/vid and getting into the after party is where it's at.

#30 4 years ago

Being at the after the after party party.
    Being in the wrestling match.
    Hugging Aaron twice.
    Shirts being traded.
    Getting our table spot again.
    Seeing Terry from Pinball Life, who is all rock and roll cool, geek out over the box of Axis and Allies I bought.
    Being handed a white russian 15 times.
    Being relentlessly smashed in the face by BangerJay's balls.
    Pudding shot.
    No one redeeming the 15 minutes of uninterrupted eye contact that I offered to those who purchased a scoregasm.
    Watching someone open a NIB game that I put in the box.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside