6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ChrisS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Those of you who have been to the Midwest Gaming Classic the last couple years know that as part of the arcade after party, the last few years we have been running a special silent auction. We will be doing this again this year, and we are hope you support it!

How does it work? Simple - we ask a whole bunch of awesome parts vendors, manufacturers, artists, or whomever really if they would be willing to donate something for the after party auction. This ensures that these items get put in front of the 300-400 people who specifically bring arcade video and pinball machines to share, and they can see them, discuss them and bid on them. When the bid sheets are collected and the winners are declared, the money collected goes to help make the after party as good as it can be!

What does it fund? Lots of cool stuff to thank the people that bring games! Not just do you get a chance to buy something for a better price than you may buy it from generally, the money you spend goes immediately back to thank those people who bring machines! Last year, the money went for buying shirts for everyone to get at the end of the day on Sunday, Best In Show trophies with 25 $100 cash prizes, and more! This year, we are hoping to do the same!

How can I get involved? If you have something to donate, please contact me via PM or if you know my email, there! Andrew Barney is also helping to coordinate this year, so you can also reach out to him. If you'd like to help with the auction, we could DEFINITELY use some additional hands - it's part of the reason that I'm so slow in starting this right now is because we've had people that had to switch out this year and my time keeps getting pulled. Andrew is doing what he can, but a couple more would be great, especially because I have no idea how I'm going to set this up at the show otherwise!

Finally, we'll be making some posts and updating what we have for people as we go. I'll try to use this post to do so.

I hope people are willing to participate! It's going to be a tight schedule this year, but from what I can tell, this year is going to be amazing!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-arcade-after-party-auction-post?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.