Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Open to any suggestions on how we can make our "booth" more attractive (minus better looking staff in the booth.. I can only do so much with what I'm given to work with).

Having Loyd there most of the time for heckling exchanges was good last year. Eric's visiting occasionally and signing stuff was good too, but I don't think many people knew who he was until he introduced himself to people. If you get more room with a table for these guys to sit at to be able to sign stuff like flyer handouts, that would be good. More VIPs, the new JJP pin #5, a Keith Johnson seminar about code rules and tricks for the JJP games (with hidden/unknown easter egg reveals), a cartwheel contest in the corridor hallway - filmed with the funniest and best ones posted on YouTube later but show in the booth, maybe get the spinning pinball platform from the Pinball Life guys.

6 months later
    #155 5 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We will be at this show for the first time to see how it goes. Everyone says our stuff looks better in person, please come and take a look, we have:
    Plasma Pop Bumpers
    Lighted Speaker Panels (most generation 3, which will be the final generation) for WPC, WPC95, Stern wood and Stern Metal
    Pinspot Graphics
    Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers
    Lighted Shooter Covers
    and a few other things.
    We will be on the Pinball level.
    Thanks
    Dan and Chuck Norris
    [quoted image]

Last year there wasn't many pinball mods/accessories related vendors there ... only a few that weren't just selling pinball machines and parts. (We love those too.) Glad to see more will be there this year and we will definitely check out your booth as we haven't seen most of your stuff in person. Hopefully more pinball related vendors join in this year.

#250 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Just to participate, not to vend/deliver things.

Bummer ... I would have bought some stuff from Pinball Life if they had something arranged for free pickup at the show. I'll have to see what time they open on Friday morning and maybe make a detour on the way to the Tom's shindig.

#252 5 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

Is it common for pinsiders to wear their pinside ID at shows. I’d love to say hi to a few people if I see them at shows and also get chatted up by people who might recognize me by pinside ID only.
    I could also understand the downside to this... I’d hate to be downvoted in person.

Last year Game Exchange had them at a Pinside pre-party at the local Millers pub. Not many of us showed up, so guessing that is not happening this year.

Edit: Game Exchange just started a thread on it - see the link a few posts down
    |
    V

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from janus:

You mean you can't tell him to go to Hell?

Off topic, but last weekend we had a "Stressing the Dam in Hell Party" with 10 pinball machines, neons, jukebox, and lots of other game room games and things that use power. Sometimes we are on a power grid supplied by the Dam in Hell, MI for our power. Last party, we got switched to the main grid the following day, then got an email from the power company 4 days later saying that our smart meter showed an abnormal increase in power. They might be watching my Facebook now, because they switched our power grid the day before the party this time. Conspiracy theorists might be on to something. This weekend there will be very little power as we will be at MGC. I'm expecting another email ...

#300 5 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

Pinball Life is vending at PATZ, FYI. I think they may deliver pre-orders there too.

Okay - that's really good to know. We're heading to Schaumburg Thursday night to be at Level 257 to play some pinball on the way and get a head start. (Anyone else going to be in the area?) If it's bad weather or roads on Friday morning, we'll just head straight to the Tom's charity shindig. Otherwise, we might try to fit in a side detour to Pinball Life somewhere around there if I remember right.

Can't wait for MGC. Brand new pinball machines to play with other fun stuff to do.

#346 5 years ago

Marco's website is down. Are they bringing that with them too? I was going to get a list of parts together to order at the show.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.