Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcZ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

We're actually thinking of passing this year, for the first time in years. That was a LOT of walking back and forth from the hotel to the show, skyway or not. "Oh, we're gonna go grab a bite to eat? Let me go get my jacket - be back in half an hour".... To me, part of the fun of the other venue was it's "underground" feel, walking through the halls in the hotel with a beer, not knowing what you were gonna find around the corner. It was like a treasure hunt. Last year it just felt like a buncha games in a big room like any other show. Loading/offloading definitely needs to be addressed too. Let me close by saying this show quickly became my favorite, and the only year I missed was the first one, but not a fan of the new venue. Unfortunately probably a deal breaker for my (older) crew and myself.
    And I know nobody can tame Mother Nature, but last year WAS a mother........

I had the exact opposite experience.

1 month later
    #65 5 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Hmmmm. If I can figure out a way to park a trailer easily I may even bring a couple games this time around. The blizzard kinda tainted my opinion of driving around in the area for loading and unloading.
    Thinking about going bigger somehow if I can figure out what I want to do.

I left a uhaul trailer up at the dock, it was very easy to get in and out but I likely times things just right.

4 months later
    #154 5 years ago

Holy crap... Chuck Norris will be at MGC.

#164 5 years ago

Huh.... From Dan's latest email:

VIG is also almost sold out! You get EVERYTHING: VIG Exclusive shirt, NES Bovinium Quest, and more swag along with tickets to Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and the After Party!

After Party... VIG... where's a Pitchfork?

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Different after party.

Different how?

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

It was great at TPF last year, I got a picture of The Hulk and Chuck Norris. To cut down on the confusion:
    [quoted image]

Oh... They other Chuck Norris. So your tears cannot cure cancer?

Glad you're coming

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

If I am understanding your concern correctly, you are worried VIG gets into the game bringer after party. They do not. They get into the "Official MGC / Overdrive Reality After Party" which is held in the Hilton ballroom. This was just started last year.
    If I misinterpreted your pitchfork comment, I apologize.

Pitchfork put away.

Thanks for the clarification.

#243 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Will anyone have standard new PF glass for sale?
    I could use 3-4 new sheets.

You area few days late...I just ran down to PBL to get some glass and other goodies. Terry did mention coming to MGC on Saturday.

#248 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Just to participate, not to vend/deliver things.

Participate

#423 5 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

So how was BKSOR?

That clear upper playfield looks pretty cool. None of the Stern games had power to them yet.

#592 5 years ago

How come body is complaining about the load out yet?

Dang refresh... Somebody beat me to it by a long shot.

#594 5 years ago

What did Dan say last night about the bridal show loading out? Lots of bridal traffic from my view.

#602 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

What did Dan say last night about the bridal show loading out? Lots of bridal traffic from my view.

I spoke too soon... Bridal show ramp opened up as I reached the top. I'm pleased with how things went, I don't think it could be too much better considering all the cars that need to go thru there.

#624 5 years ago

Great show. Brought the family including my 8yo, took my 3 games and 2 for another Pinsider home on Sunday. Spent a lot of money including renting a cargo van for transport, hotel, food and parking.

Spent a lot of my time to earn this...

IMG_20190415_072722 (resized).jpgIMG_20190415_072722 (resized).jpg

#632 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

This is what makes me hesitant to ever bring a game to a show again. Seeing people slap and bang the hell out of your game is just rude. I know it is meant to be played, but death saves and rage tilts on other peoples' games...c'mon folks! These are peoples' property from their homes...a lot of which are meticulously cared for. Watching two guys pound on a Wonka CE made me ill...yeah it is just a prototype, but still shows the lack of respect they have.

I brought two freshly restored games this year and have no regrets. My wife did "politely" ask someone to remove their drink from the glass of my Silverball Mania. These games were made to be played in bars and such.

#634 5 years ago

Forgot to mention. My little guy recognized Mike Vinikour from the Dead Flip Munster video and talked to him. Mike said to stop by the booth later and he'd give him something special. When my little guy stopped by, Mike asked what his favorite game was and came back with a translite. Which we had Butch Patrick sign.

Big Thanks to Mike Vinikour for making my little guy's day.

IMG_20190413_154104 (resized).jpgIMG_20190413_154104 (resized).jpg
    #638 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Anyone get pics of kcz's restored Silverball Mania? How does the song go, "she used to be mine..."

No pictures were allowed... Had to be at the show to see it.

I'll drag this and Jurassic Park outside to get some good pics someday.

IMG_20190406_101602 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_101602 (resized).jpg
    #645 5 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

Yes. Beautiful restoration. I was impressed with the playfield shine on Silver Ball and spent many minutes admiring the obvious effort that went into making it all so pretty.
    I’m planning to bring my best next year!
    I really wish everyone would bring their best to these shows. Maybe, a big prize for best in show that is funded by adding penalties to people that breakdown and remove games during show hours.

Yeah... That CPR playfield need a bunch of loving.

#651 5 years ago

For load out... Is there a way to utilize the freight elevator for the single game load outs? Maybe they could detour Wells St for those loadings and keep the ramp for trailers and multiple game load outs. With so many vehicles, they logistics seems to be a nightmare.

#655 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

This is a great way to go - but might turn into even more of a problem if too many people do it. There's a looong parking lane down there where people could pull up and load a game and scram - but you almost need your own dolly and someone else to get the car and meet you there to make it work well. You also have to get out before the Guys, Games and Beer from the 2nd floor get started unloading. They go that route and don't elevator efficiently at all, so they really clog up the works.

It seems like most seasoned guys would be setup to do that. Maybe a MGC staff member could oversee the area, owner brings game down, gets car, hands tag to staff member before it leaves the premise.

#658 5 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

I didn't say it didn't work. Im saying make it 2 seperate events centered around each categories specialty. Hold it outside of the city, as it was more convenient all around that way, and charge a lot less for both. Perhaps offer a drink credit for a soda or something, for the illusion at least of a deal. There's no way you can play enough pinball in 1 day to get any idea if it's a good game, especially being rushed by everyone waiting behind you, etc. I feel im just paying more for activities im not possibly going to partake. Im not saying some don't like both, but if I'm serious about pinball and buying these machines, I'm focused on making a good decision on a purchase.

You can always bring a game and get full access to play everything all night long. The after party is a great place to evaluate games. Many of these guys just hangout thus opening up more opportunity for you to play anything and everything as much as you want

#662 5 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

That's all an excuse. I think many people were deterred by the fact that they held it in downtown mke, a place many would rather avoid.
    Also, there was plenty of room for as many pinball games as they could fit. They other gaming crap vastly overtook prime real estate.
    Also, smart people knew that downtown mke would be a disaster to transport games to and fro. And, it was.

I feel the opposite. I've upped my contributions since the move to downtown. I will admit... I avoid downtown the rest of the year tho but have a great time this weekend. I do venture out of the Center while down there too. Pretty easy to walk around and check things out downtown... Especially for someone like me who avoids downtown as much as he can.

#665 5 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

You spent $1000? Do you realize that's a spring break vacation for some families? If this was all my passion, and nothing else, fine this would be my vacation. Being smart with money tells me $1000 family weekend isn't for the average family, and I'm not talking low income either. Having a vacation coming end of April, 2 weeks in Hawaii, i assure you $1000 for a pinball weekend isn't even close to a deal.

$1000 for spring break??? Are you going to the swamp?

Swamp-People-Season-Seven-4 (resized).jpgSwamp-People-Season-Seven-4 (resized).jpg
    #671 5 years ago

Steve Richie.. LoL

My wife and I walked thru the Marco area, she says to me "was that Steve Richie dressed in black with the earpiece". I said, "Yep", she tells me that he hit her boob. His arm went up as she walked by and smack... She said he looked at her in embarrassment and apologized. LoL.

Loved the show.

#676 5 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

Think. I didn't mean for college kids, or going to Disney. Plenty of families camp and do other travelers. Don't be so arrogant or entitled.

Deleted... No sense arguing.

#677 5 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

Yes my podunk multiple lake and multiple gold course community. The world renowned Sands golf resort actually must like podunk. All us poor podunk trailer trash golfers and boaters, etc.
    No one's suggesting the country you jackass. Just not downtown Milwaukee. Yeah, the place everyone is clamoring about. Vacation capital. Use that rock that resides on your shoulders for something other then a hat rack.

Deleted. No sense arguing.

#678 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If that had been me, I would have thanked your wife.

I told her she should have said "Steve Richie can grab my boob anytime"

#699 5 years ago

I like the other stuff too... Not into much of it but it is fun to see. My little guy likes Pokemon so we spent some time checking out vendors for that. He loves pinball so this was the perfect show. I don't like going downtown any other day of the year but I spend the entire weekend downtown for this.

#704 5 years ago

I didn't know Pat Lawlor was there... Was that just part of the JJP unveiling or did he walk around the games?

#712 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Nice attitude, makes me feel good to spend time out of my busy life to volunteering to help set up a show that you don't appreciate.

Thanks for your efforts. Let's not feed this guy. We've all been sucked into his trap.

#734 5 years ago

Speaking of next year... This is Easter weekend next year.

#779 5 years ago

I had 444 plays on my Munsters Prem. Not sure about Jurassic Park or Silverball Mania... Don't know where they were before the weekend.

#836 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Anyone get pics of kcz's restored Silverball Mania? How does the song go, "she used to be mine..."

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sbm-my-turn/page/2#post-4950983

#837 5 years ago

Took some final pictures.

MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    #838 5 years ago
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpgIMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpgIMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpgIMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpgIMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpgIMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    #840 5 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Very glossy! Radcals?

SprayMax 2k and a lot of elbow grease buffing.

Edit: Actually Jurassic Park was not SprayMax 2k... It was Finish 1 - 2 part auto clear sprayed out of a gun. I switched to SprayMax 2k for my Silverball Mania... I like the SprayMax better

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcZ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019?tu=kcZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.