Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goonie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago

My advice, get rid of that tall dude who was at the dock. That guy was odd. You'd be better off without him.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I kind of wanted to see that guy on the dock kick some ass .

That guy on the dock almost did kick someone's ass. Well, um, from what I'm told anyway.

6 months later
    #521 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Sadly... No.
    Lost a play field glass and transliteration glass earlier today... Don't remember who... Two different guys.
    Jaz

Transliteration? Is that a thing?

#698 5 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

I would rather it be held in an area outside of the city.
    Have a pinball only centered event where there's a ton of new games, a ton of old games. Possibly a vendor used for sale area.
    Let people set up used parts for sale tables.
    Have multiple vendors offering troubleshooting and repair services so we don't spend half the money shipping out parts.
    I would feel i gained a lot more at the event and no doubt stay the weekend. 1 day shopping for parts and getting boards repaired, and the rest of the time playing pinball.
    Possibly just start a completely new event 6 months later.
    At this event i just don't think it offers everything many of us would rather partake pinball wise
    Is this event successful, a circus at times and popular? Definitely, but so was britney spears and her music but was it good? No way. Mgc was decent, but im more interested in a pure pinball focused event, for which it deserves.

Wait, isn't this Expo? Outside Milwaukee, pinball only, new games/old games, used parts for sale, multiple vendors - albeit i think only one for repairs, 6-months later.

#738 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

We enjoyed all of the non pinball stuff too. My wife and I talked to the guy with the massive board game collection in Hall A for like an hour. We bought two new board games based on his recommendations as we are huge tabletop gamers too.

I think that's MilCog you're referring to. Those guys are awesome.

#759 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Another year in the books. For us load in and load out went smoothly. The volunteers at the show are amazing in what they do. The assistance they give is the best of any show I have been to.
    As for the show experience, while I spent the majority of the time in the booth (an entire 5000 sqft corner of the room) I did have a chance to walk around with the wife and kids for about an hour. My daughter (who will be 3 in june) said her favorite part(s) were helping her aunt empty some of the coins from the claw machines (we grossly underestimated the amount of coins we would need for the change machine) and the movie she got to watch in the vendor hall (some 32 character battle on the mgc stage).
    While I am obviously there for business, it did bring a smile to my face to watch both young and old playing the cranes, halo, pinball and more. I love this show for the diversity of people that it brings in.
    Vendor of the year two years running doesnt happen by itself. With the help from all the volunteers, troy Smith and his crew, Jersey Jack pinball, Chicago gaming, spooky pinball, American pinball, vp cabs, raw thrills and my dad (for his passion for kiddie rides and crane machines) we pulled it off. Cant wait to see what we do next year (actually my feet are telling me we can wait a little bit).

Thanks for doing it. I know it's a crap load of work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goonie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019?tu=goonie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.