2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 167 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cavalier88z24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

oh yeah I'll be there with a game or 2. Note to self. got to get my V.I.G. ticket early.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Lets pack the house completely. I think there was 31,000 square feet not used. We can fill it , no problem.

I thought I heard from Dan this years MGC during the after party, that they were going to expand to another hall next door, next year. and the electrical grid was going to need more work. we maxed it out this year.

#27 2 years ago

I thought it went pretty well. you can't compare the Sheraton to the wisconsin center. totally different animal. but at least you something to start with. the place is 10X bigger. more people, more space, more expenses, more problems. mo money, mo problems!

I thought it went ok for the first year. next year will be better. then the next, and the next. but i honestly think MGC landed a great location. The bucks arena that just opened is drawing BIG name concerts. The new entertainment district surrounding it is going to be the best thing that has happen the milwauker since miller park. It is right across the street from the wisconsin center. lots of shops and brewery going in. goodcity brewery for sure. so give it some time. also it's usally nice around MGC time. so you can get out and walk around. not in snow.

I thought the game hall was nice. wasnt crazy about the concrete though. but look forward to next year already. It will be better for sure I already know that. happy to support

#51 2 years ago

Just in case people who are reading this thread and don't know dates, since I didn't see anybody posting the dates the for MGC. The dates for MGC are:

Friday April 12th 6 p.m. - midnight V.I.G. only

Saturday April 13th 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. regular show

Sunday April 14th 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. regular show

F.Y.I. Show deal, if you buy both Saturday and Sunday G.A. tickets they are $55 for the weekend.

1 month later
    #52 2 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

oh yeah I'll be there with a game or 2. Note to self. got to get my V.I.G. ticket early.

re-bumping this thread. MGC V.I.G tickets on sale now, go up $15 each on Monday (11/19) per Facebook post. sorry to let the word out goatdan. get them now. I did

4 months later
    #86 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

In short, there is a wedding show in D this year

damn why didn't you tell me that. plenty of opportunities to meet hot bridesmaids.

#100 1 year ago

MGC Facebook screen shot

contentcom.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.CommonContentProviderassist.com.google.android.apps.gsa.staticplugins.assist.screenshot.ScreenshotP (resized).png
    1 week later
    #196 1 year ago

Wow. 2 brand new games to play during preview night that I never played? I'm glad I bought my preview ticket. there can't be many left. goatdan your going to have to turn the power off on me. (again)

#223 1 year ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Well, crap and a half. At least the snow should be done in time for the show this year, and the drive home should be fine. But Damn I really didn’t want to spend Thursday all day driving in a snowstorm on the interstate.
    I may want to start looking at alternate routes.

I heard the snow is traveling through the Midwest on Wednesday? also for people coming in from madison 94 east bound heads up the Kilbourn tunnel will be closed. you will have to get off at the Jackson exit or McKinley

#255 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Last year Game Exchange had them and a Pinside pre-party at the local Millers pub. Not many of us showed up, so guessing that is not happening this year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-mgc-pinside-badge-and-lanyard-thread

#257 1 year ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I heard the snow is traveling through the Midwest on Wednesday? also for people coming in from madison 94 east bound heads up the Kilbourn tunnel will be closed. you will have to get off at the Jackson exit or McKinley

edit: my fault I heard something different on the news last night. so I guess you can get off through the tunnel, but can't get back on to 43 North.

#301 1 year ago

dammit there calling for rain and snow on sunday

20190409_222235 (resized).jpg
    #309 1 year ago

15 JJP games! holy shit the most I have ever seen in one place. crane games
    ?

#316 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

The kids are going to love the crane games! Seeing the happiness over the kiddie ride menagerie last year was a huge highlight. Glad a few will be there again, and looking forward to seeing the smiles playing the cranes too! Kingpin elevates the show so much...and somehow manages to top himself year after year!

for sure. the smiles on the kids faces are priceless. I kinda want to try the crane games.

#324 1 year ago

drive safe Hans! so I'm at work and it's currently snowing in Milwaukee right now. I'm bored so i though I post some photos from my cell phone from last year at MGC.

20180413_213410 (resized).jpg20180413_213414 (resized).jpg20180413_223733 (resized).jpg20180413_223750_001 (resized).jpg20180413_223819 (resized).jpg
    #325 1 year ago
    20180413_223834 (resized).jpg20180413_224000 (resized).jpg20180413_223948 (resized).jpg20180413_223939 (resized).jpg20180413_224019 (resized).jpg
    #326 1 year ago

oh look a picture of me winning the best in show for the DMD category with my shadow.

20180415_161420 (resized).jpg20180415_150056 (resized).jpg20180415_150132_004 (resized).jpg
    #359 1 year ago

Will MGC have Wi-Fi?

#429 1 year ago

good morning today is the day. finally

#520 1 year ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

We did not get kicked out of Stella’s
    [quoted image]

Doug you can't get kick out of there. there no one in there

#765 1 year ago

thank you MGC. best show EVER! every year it gets better. I couldn't believe all the new games. More new game then you could shake a stick at. Never had a problem getting on a game. Kingpin booth was great. thank u for coming and being a huge contributor to the show. Wonka is killer. And always good to see troy Smith (video game seller)and bullshit with him. he makes me laugh. good to see u buddy. see you at expo.

I always bring a game every year and I play them enough. But for me, my highlight this year was spending time with my 19 year old nephew. (pic attached) He loves pinball. he's the type of kid that will play fortnite all day. We spent the whole day Saturday playing games and hanging out just chilling. we even played Mario cart. lol. I haven't played Mario cart since 1995. and I schooled him. lol. we left after the cosmoplay contest, and as we were walking out, he asked if he could come back tommrow. Absolutely! considering my brother(his dad) we haven't spooken to each other in years. so the time spent with him was worth it's weight in gold. thank you MGC for making that happen.

A message to "leonml" since I know your reading this. Go to a ONLY pinball show like expo. when you pay the same price to walk around and see the whole show in under a hour then you will really have something to complain about.

I will diffently be back next year. thank you every body that volunteers to make this show great. your work is not going unappreciated. I wish load out was better. I was waiting in line and milwaukee police department kicked me out of line because I was blocking a bus stop. oh well. all good. I was still home and unloaded by 6:00pm. so no complaints. that's not bad considering people came from alot further away and have longer travel times.

next year no snow. deal?

20190414_123348 (resized).jpg
    #781 1 year ago

308 on Rob Zombie

20190414_163102 (resized).jpg
    #810 1 year ago

I couldn't believe the price on the P3 game. seriously $5,000! geeks mania wanted that game gone. such a shame, so much potential, I wish I had the money. I would have grabed it.

20190414_151316 (resized).jpg
    #814 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I wish I had seen that price!
    I assume it sold at the show?

It did not sell. the owner was replacing the left flipper link when I was talking to him. about 1 p.m. sunday

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7.00
    $ 13.00
    Playfields
    Lermods
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 16.00
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 10.95
    $ 81.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    £ 12.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 16.95
    $ 18.95
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 29.99
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cavalier88z24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside