Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Yup! One year, we had a vendor who brought four games to the show to have in his booth, and someone walked in and bought them all at about 10:30 and demanded that they be turned off throughout the weekend. Wanted them removed too, and the vendor told him no way, if they did he would have no display. Some people are weird when it comes to stuff like that. We've had a LOT less of that as the years have gone by.
    In our earlier shows, I had so many people ask me why we put the video games with the pinball machines, and suggest we run it as two separate shows. Now people see to get it.
    And that strategy is finally starting to really pay off! Spent most of the afternoon speaking with a Jersey company about potential show sponsorship packages.

I get why you want games to stay, but the buyer should be under no obligation to leave his/her games at a show. If the vendor refused to let them take the games then the vendor should have refused to take the money. The vendor essentially stole those games for 3 days.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

no, the vendor negotiated as part of the sale that the games must stay on and be playable.
    I respect and buy from vendors like that.
    Pretty much every show is going to have rules around game removal and that is clearly a good thing.

That's not how it was presented. the post said he sold them, then said no way you can't have them. If its agreed to that's fine. That's not what was implied.
    I get that the vendor wants to have things to show off. but at the same time if the buyer wants to take something home, the vendor needs to decide do I want the stuff here, or do I want the cash?
    All the "non-machine" vendors give you your stuff, art, shirts etc. if someone came in and wanted the whole table would the vendor be right to say sorry its gotta stay here since I'll have nothing to show?
    Dan runs a great show, I've had games there in the past and will in the future, but its just wrong for a buyer to be forced to leave a game on the floor is they don't want to. As soon as that game changes hands the seller (vendor or private) should lose any privileges that came with the game. If the buyer wants to take the game, they do not get those privileges, they go back to the show.

1 week later
    #177 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Lots of hotels in the area, my MGC room last year hella sucked. The windows were bolted shut and the air conditioning didn't do anything.
    Look for something within half mile or so and you'll find better options.

It was snowing why would you need the A/C

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019?tu=Marvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.