Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 5 years ago

Hmmmm. If I can figure out a way to park a trailer easily I may even bring a couple games this time around. The blizzard kinda tainted my opinion of driving around in the area for loading and unloading.

Thinking about going bigger somehow if I can figure out what I want to do.

4 months later
    #138 5 years ago

I'll have to check the list if anybody is bringing an original Black Knight. Zero chance in hell I'd be selling it, but if I'm already bringing a trailer I might just throw a third game into the mix to have out for play.

#160 5 years ago

Just emailed Keith so he can officially put my Black Knight onto the list of machines I'm bringing.

Dan, and others, With all the hoopla going on feel free to place/use it wherever is felt to be appropriate.

-Hans

#222 5 years ago

Well, crap and a half. At least the snow should be done in time for the show this year, and the drive home should be fine. But Damn I really didn’t want to spend Thursday all day driving in a snowstorm on the interstate.

I may want to start looking at alternate routes.

#226 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I heard the snow is traveling through the Midwest on Wednesday? also for people coming in from madison 94 east bound heads up the Kilbourn tunnel will be closed. you will have to get off at the Jackson exit or McKinley

Yeah, they're using the 'B' word for my area on Wednesday into Thursday, though at the moment it seems if I can get an hour or two into Minnesota things will change to rain. Too early to know for sure tough, NWS has a lot of uncertainty on timing and track so far.

-Hans

#230 5 years ago

Whysnow, that route does take you through the tunnel. Heading north on '94, about halfway up it goes into the tunnel and makes a turn to the east while still underground. So, yeah, looks like we're going to need a different route.

-Hans

#283 5 years ago

Not going to goof around with this weather, I'm driving out tomorrow. Will spend an extra night eating crappy food in Wisconsin Dells.

#288 5 years ago

Definitely have to consider Madison for next year. Went with the dells again because it’s about the time I start to fatigue from the drive.

May stay in Madison on Sunday night though.

#321 5 years ago

Loaded up, and about to hit the road after a quick sweep of the house and bathroom.

-Hans

#331 5 years ago

West half of Minnesota on I90 is scary as hell already. 25mph in the Worthington area, and still barely kept it on the pavement. Getting better as we travel but I had to get out of the car, for mental health. At Burger King for a few then back at it.

#352 5 years ago

Huzzah! Not dead passing through Minnesota! Parked in the dells till Friday morning now.

Had a couple real close calls, the ice on I90/94 today was no joke. Be careful people.

#354 5 years ago

Today for me was far worse than the drive home last year. Almost the entire time on I90/94 today was rain or sleet, and it kept hovering above and below freezing. So ice appeared and disappeared with no warning, with a steady 30-40mph head wind.

Supposed to be worse Thursday.

If anybody is planning this route, and I80 is a reasonable alternate, I’d suggest staying on the south route.

#409 5 years ago
    Quoted from Boyo25guy:

Hey Madison MGC goers,
    I’m getting a show game, and the vehicle I was planning to haul the pin back to Madison is no longer available. I’ve got some contingencies if necessary, but if any of the Madison crew has room in their vehicle on the way back and could take my game, there’d be $100 in it for you. I’d help load up the game at MGC, and you could drop it off at my place Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday evening. Please PM me if you’re interested. Thanks!

Stop by my booth. I mean, I’m probably going to your house and all after the show

#522 5 years ago

Hey guys, could use a favor. Leaving early to get here before the blizzard, I never had a chance to hit the bank and make change. So if you wander past my booth I sure could use some 5’s and 1’s, if anybody can break up some 20’s for me.

#784 5 years ago

Sooooo tired. Finally starting to decompress from this show. Weather made travel a nightmare for me, as a few of you already know, but otherwise a great show as usual. This may be the last year of my table of misc stuff, as I think I'm pretty much out of things I think are show-worthy in that regard. I'm also looking to really amp up a few areas of the business for next year. So may see a whole different look to my ghetto-vendor setup next time.

I'm definitely glad to be rid of that rental trailer, too much stress for me hauling so many pins in bad weather that weren't mine. Between all the pickups and drop-off's, I hauled 9 pins around in the past week. A lot more than I'm used to. I'm just glad they all got to their destinations without any incidents. I will say, I can't stand driving around in downtown Milwaukee with a trailer.

Right now, I'm still catching up on e-mails. Completely exhausted. Very appreciative of everything that people do in order to get the show together. Of course there are glitches along the way, but damn do I look forward to it still.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019?tu=HHaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.