Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#378 4 years ago

I just noticed this in the arcade hall setup email..

"Game removal times are expected to be Saturday, April 13th from 7pm-8pm or Sunday from 3:30pm-11pm. Game removal at other times may be accommodated by the Wisconsin Center by paying a $50 “dock fee” to get the personnel open docks at that time. This is per-vehicle fee."

That really presents a problem for me, I just don't have the ability to stick around that late on Sunday (even on the early end). Looks like I might be coming sans game - bummer.

#711 4 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

Here's another clown who resorts to backhanded, passive aggressive personal attacking, with no constructive input.
    ASSume and make ASSumption, always makes one a what? Exactly
    Yes, anyone who differs from you must be so sad and boooooring and stupid. Yes you were what the gods dreamt up as the perfect party fun guy. It was all you.

Careful, Bangerjay is a national treasure.. like Gritty.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #722 4 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

Alright, I'm out of here. Enjoy your circle jerks and don't forget the reach around.

Quoted from leonml:

People who truly do actual good in the world, need neither thanks or praise.

Glad you're sticking around for the circle jerk!

#732 4 years ago

My experience this year was different than in year's past. One of our normal group members had a loss in the family, so wasn't able to attend. I didn't bring a game because we were waiting to hear about arrangements (it was possibly going to be Sunday). That puts a pretty big damper on the mood right away, but I still managed to have a good time.

The Friday night party allowed me to get a lot of time on stuff. I really appreciated that, since this is the first year I wasn't able to attend the Saturday night party.

I love all of the classic home stuff. I saw some classic games setup that I had completely forgotten about. It's a really cool experience to see those things and immediately remember playing them on a 4-color monitor way back when. I also really like going through the vendor stuff. I'm a sort of reluctant classic game collector (namely SNES and Genesis), but I always manage to find something for a pretty decent deal, and it's fun to just see what's out there.

The new games were all pretty cool. I really liked the Black Knight Pro. Wonka seemed cool, but I only got a couple of games on that. I'm looking forward to seeking that out again in the future for some more plays.

The food in the area is great - even the hotel bars have really good stuff. If you're willing to get in a car or an uber, the options are vast. I love this, because the show is just as much about getting some good eats and beer with friends as it is playing games.

We went to up/down arcade Saturday night. That would probably be a pretty cool place, but it was incredibly loud with really inconsistent music, and if you think etiquette at the show is bad - you would really have been upset here. A pretty good selection of pinball machines and classic arcades, though.

Thanks to everyone that brought games to share, or ordered games and allowed us all a first glimpse at the newest offerings. I wish I would have spent some more time in the game hall. It's just a busy time of year for me and my family, and the unexpected extra stuff didn't help. I was pretty tired before I even showed up on Friday.

I'm already looking forward to next year!

#735 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Speaking of next year... This is Easter weekend next year.

I'm pretty sure it's usually planned with that in mind. The weekend of MGC sort of floats depending on that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019?tu=Deaconblooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.