Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG
    There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
    #301 5 years ago

dammit there calling for rain and snow on sunday

20190409_222235 (resized).jpg20190409_222235 (resized).jpg
    #302 5 years ago

It depends on what forecast you look at. I have seen about 10 different scenarios now. Like someone said earlier. Wait 10 minutes and the weather will change

#303 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

dammit there calling for rain and snow on sunday
    [quoted image]

I would not fret. This is the time of year that weather people really have no Fing clue what is going on (and they can't cause it is very unstable at the seasonal change).

Just keep thinking positive.

Hell, with those temps and the very warm gound, nothing is gonna stick in MKE anyway.

#304 5 years ago

After having 3 feet of snow and still having a great show last year....this year will be a piece of cake.

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Yup!

We don't do fees at MGC. However, as I always say, the amount of time may be limited.

Thx.

Do you know what day and times we can catch him there?

#306 5 years ago

Here is a 95% accurate list (basic) of what we are bringing. Go big or get the **** out is how we do it.

Fyi, this list does not include the raw thrills games of the escalara(s) and games that flip n out will be adding to our booth presence.

Screenshot_20190409-173257_Sheets (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190409-173257_Sheets (resized).jpg
    #307 5 years ago

Holy frick, that's an awesome lineup. I'm guessing I won't be disappointed in my quest to play some Medieval Madness.

#308 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Holy frick, that's an awesome lineup. I'm guessing I won't be disappointed in my quest to play some Medieval Madness.

There will be two of the remakes with us

#309 5 years ago

15 JJP games! holy shit the most I have ever seen in one place. crane games
    ?

#310 5 years ago

Jumped in the car this morning for the commute of dread and before I could plug my phone in the WIIL Rock morning guy said they'd be talking about MGC 'coming up', so I stuck around just to see what that would mean. 20 minutes later, they talked to Matt (somebody) about the show. Spent several minutes talking about it, gave out the URL. It was decent coverage for the show. That was a nice surprise.

Last year it was tons of Kiddie Rides. Weird flex, Kingpin, but ok.

#311 5 years ago

?

The kids are going to love the crane games! Seeing the happiness over the kiddie ride menagerie last year was a huge highlight. Glad a few will be there again, and looking forward to seeing the smiles playing the cranes too! Kingpin elevates the show so much...and somehow manages to top himself year after year!

#312 5 years ago

?

Wonder what the combined weight of those is? You better have a good spine surgeon on call!

#313 5 years ago

15 crane games?!? Well I guess those are easier to lug around than kiddie rides...

Cheers! to our new crane game vendor!!!

#314 5 years ago

Just bought a VIP ticket and plan to drive up from Cincinnati on Friday!

#315 5 years ago
    Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Just bought a VIP ticket and plan to drive up from Cincinnati on Friday!

SAFE TRAVELS!

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

The kids are going to love the crane games! Seeing the happiness over the kiddie ride menagerie last year was a huge highlight. Glad a few will be there again, and looking forward to seeing the smiles playing the cranes too! Kingpin elevates the show so much...and somehow manages to top himself year after year!

for sure. the smiles on the kids faces are priceless. I kinda want to try the crane games.

#317 5 years ago

this show is gonna rock even more this year!!!!

#318 5 years ago

Went downtown last night. On the way home (southern burbs, franklin) there was a sign that said the freeway (94 south/east) will be closed fri nite from 10pm til 5 am. Didn't see anything about Sat/Sun. 10pm means they start lane closures about 930 - 945

#319 5 years ago

Debating if I want to go open my NIB Star Trek premium at the show hall Thursday evening or not. That is the time slot we were given by Marco. Hmmmm!

#320 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Debating if I want to go open my NIB Star Trek premium at the show hall Thursday evening or not. That is the time slot we were given by Marco. Hmmmm!

DO IT!

It is so much fun to be at the opening party!

Ill be there opening up 2 games.

#321 5 years ago

Loaded up, and about to hit the road after a quick sweep of the house and bathroom.

-Hans

#322 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes...you do. Thursday night game opening is one of my favorite times. Bummed I will not be opening anything this year, but super excited to see everyone opening theirs! No way would I want to miss out on opening my own game and letting them do it for me.

#323 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yes...you do. Thursday night game opening is one of my favorite times. Bummed I will not be opening anything this year, but super excited to see everyone opening theirs! No way would I want to miss out on opening my own game and letting them do it for me.

want to help open the 2nd one I am supposed to set up?

I hear you are really good at leveling them.

#324 5 years ago

drive safe Hans! so I'm at work and it's currently snowing in Milwaukee right now. I'm bored so i though I post some photos from my cell phone from last year at MGC.

20180413_213410 (resized).jpg20180413_213410 (resized).jpg20180413_213414 (resized).jpg20180413_213414 (resized).jpg20180413_223733 (resized).jpg20180413_223733 (resized).jpg20180413_223750_001 (resized).jpg20180413_223750_001 (resized).jpg20180413_223819 (resized).jpg20180413_223819 (resized).jpg
    #325 5 years ago
    20180413_223834 (resized).jpg20180413_223834 (resized).jpg20180413_224000 (resized).jpg20180413_224000 (resized).jpg20180413_223948 (resized).jpg20180413_223948 (resized).jpg20180413_223939 (resized).jpg20180413_223939 (resized).jpg20180413_224019 (resized).jpg20180413_224019 (resized).jpg
    #326 5 years ago

oh look a picture of me winning the best in show for the DMD category with my shadow.

20180415_161420 (resized).jpg20180415_161420 (resized).jpg20180415_150056 (resized).jpg20180415_150056 (resized).jpg20180415_150132_004 (resized).jpg20180415_150132_004 (resized).jpg
    #327 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Here is a 95% accurate list (basic) of what we are bringing. Go big or get the **** out is how we do it.
    Fyi, this list does not include the raw thrills games of the escalara(s) and games that flip n out will be adding to our booth presence.
    [quoted image]

Maybe you should just have your own show Chris...Jeez!

#328 5 years ago

In re the Thursday unboxing party, I have a quick question or two. I emailed Marco, but never heard back. Do we just show up at/around the window they mentioned to us?

Also, should we be bringing anything along for this? More curious with regard to whether others bring wax, tools, new balls, etc. Any feedback or guidance is much appreciated.

#329 5 years ago
    Quoted from hayrebear:

In re the Thursday unboxing party, I have a quick question or two. I emailed Marco, but never heard back. Do we just show up at/around the window they mentioned to us?
    Also, should we be bringing anything along for this? More curious with regard to whether others bring wax, tools, new balls, etc. Any feedback or guidance is much appreciated.

I suggest bringing everything you want/need to set your game up and tweak how you like.

#330 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Maybe you should just have your own show Chris...Jeez!

ha, no. do you see dan at all for the show? i don't need that kind of pressure.

just an update

JJP 14 playable games, 5 NIB
    Cranes 31 (all new and really neat looking)
    Raw thrills 2 player Halo and a new Turtles
    Kiddie ride - added one more.... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles van to go with Raw thrills turtles game.

with some other minor adjustments, we are at 104 playable games and 5 NIB for decoration....

#331 5 years ago

West half of Minnesota on I90 is scary as hell already. 25mph in the Worthington area, and still barely kept it on the pavement. Getting better as we travel but I had to get out of the car, for mental health. At Burger King for a few then back at it.

#332 5 years ago

...so i though I post some photos from my cell phone from last year at MGC.

Did anybody else look for themselves in these?
    Couldn’t find my handsome self though.

#333 5 years ago
    Quoted from hayrebear:

7pm to 8pm is setup thursday for marco games. I assume we just park somewhere and then go into the wisconsin center.

#334 5 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

Did anybody else look for themselves in these?
    Couldn’t find my handsome self though.

Couldn't see me, but found my game...does that count? I was most likely crawling around under a game or frantically taping down power cords at this point, LOL!

#335 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

7pm to 8pm is setup thursday for marco games. I assume we just park somewhere and then go into the wisconsin center.

Yeah, that should be right. Also I do not want to speak for Marco, but I'm guessing the time is pretty flexible if need be.

#336 5 years ago

I found Yancy in those pics

#337 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

they talked to Matt (somebody) about the show.

Matt Isbill, lovingly referred to as BAM by some of us, has been helping me handle media requests for the past few years. You can also see him on Friday morning on TV.

My wife didn't want me to do a morning interview with the kids screaming around the house, which was probably the right call. Glad to know it went well, I missed it!

#338 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes.

#339 5 years ago
    Quoted from hayrebear:

Ah didn't even think of that. Wax the new game right away before it gets played for the weekend and swap in some decent balls. Do we also get to play it right away after unboxing to ensure everything is in order?

#340 5 years ago
    Quoted from hayrebear:

Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest bringing everything you want/need to set your game up and tweak how you like.

What he said. Its your game; bring whatever you'd like to set it up however you'd like. I swapped out the front corner interior leg brackets on the one I set up last year and put on metal leg protectors on the outside. Threw down a quick coat of wax on the main areas too.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Street parking should be free at that time of day around the facility - just check the signs. Usually it's metered until like 6pm.

#341 5 years ago

102.9 the hog had been giving away tickets to MGC for 5 at 5 .next chance to win some soon , really soon

#342 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ah didn't even think of that. Wax the new game right away before it gets played for the weekend and swap in some decent balls. Do we also get to play it right away after unboxing to ensure everything is in order?

I know I don’t know any of you but is anybody that will be there willing to take care of my baby for me? This is the biggest reason I wanted to go. Decided not to show up until Saturday. I can repay with some carbon or chrome balls I just received from Titan, or cash if preferred. Wax the main areas also?

#343 5 years ago

Damn! Questioning if I need to go. Rather not drive back and forth from Madison 3 separate days. What else happens at the unboxing?

#344 5 years ago
    Quoted from ACcookDC:

Damn! Questioning if I need to go. Rather not drive back and forth from Madison 3 separate days. What else happens at the unboxing?

You probably don't need to go. I went to the unboxing last year and after meeting the Marco guys and seeing how much care they take in setting up games I wouldn't have any reservations with having them setup a game for me.

#345 5 years ago
    Quoted from ACcookDC:

Nothing. There’s no show, it’s just open your game, maybe. Flip it a bit, then git gone. Not at all worth 3 hours of driving, imho. If you had a hotel room, that’d be different.

#346 5 years ago

Marco's website is down. Are they bringing that with them too? I was going to get a list of parts together to order at the show.

#347 5 years ago

I think I wrongfully assumed the arcade hall would be 24 hours like the 24 hour gaming room at the Chicago expo. I can't readily see any reference online. Can anyone confirm there is no 24 hour game room and everything shuts down at 8:00 p.m.?

#348 5 years ago
    Quoted from Netzley_Crunch:

I think I wrongfully assumed the arcade hall would be 24 hours like the 24 hour gaming room at the Chicago expo. I can't readily see any reference online. Can anyone confirm there is no 24 hour game room and everything shuts down at 8:00 p.m.?

It should follow the show hours, as per the snapshot below from the website

ACEA08F5-FB58-411A-8945-8921F6BADCEF (resized).jpegACEA08F5-FB58-411A-8945-8921F6BADCEF (resized).jpeg
    #349 5 years ago
    Quoted from Netzley_Crunch:

Nope, but if you bring a game, you can play into the wee hours at the after party.

#350 5 years ago
    Quoted from hayrebear:

It should follow the show hours, as per the snapshot below from the website [quoted image]

Thanks I assumed as much but wasn't sure if I was overlooking it. I now feel obligated to get decent sleep and get a few hours of work done each morning before things start up. Looking forward to it, nice we have these events here in the Midwest.

There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019/page/7?hl=hayrebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.